Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells

Dear Experts:

Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table.
Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got
any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged
cells also get worked on?

Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards, Andreas

Sub SetPadding

Dim myCell As Cell
Dim myRow As row
Dim myTable As Table

Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1)
For Each myRow In myTable.rows
    For Each myCell In myRow.Cells
        myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
        myCell.BottomPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
        myCell.LeftPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
        myCell.RightPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
        myCell.WordWrap = True
        myCell.FitText = False

    Next
Next

End Sub
0
andreas

Sub SetPadding()
Dim myCell As Cell
Dim myTable As Table
Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1)
For Each myCell In myTable.Range.Cells
  With myCell
    .TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
    .BottomPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
    .LeftPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.29)
    .RightPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.29)
    .WordWrap = True
    .FitText = False
  End With
Next myCell
End Sub

andreas wrote:
> Dear Experts:
>
> Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table.
> Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got
> any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged
> cells also get worked on?
>
> Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Regards, Andreas
>

> Sub SetPadding
>
> Dim myCell As Cell
> Dim myRow As row
> Dim myTable As Table
>
> Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1)
> For Each myRow In myTable.rows
>    For Each myCell In myRow.Cells
>        myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
>        myCell.BottomPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0)
>        myCell.LeftPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
>        myCell.RightPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
>        myCell.WordWrap = True
>        myCell.FitText = False
>
>    Next
> Next
>
> End Sub

0
Greg
2/13/2010 8:45:56 PM
On Feb 13, 9:45=A0pm, "Greg Maxey"
<gma...@mIKEvICTORpAPAsIERRA.oSCARrOMEOgOLF> wrote:
> Sub SetPadding()
> Dim myCell As Cell
> Dim myTable As Table
> Set myTable =3D Selection.Tables(1)
> For Each myCell In myTable.Range.Cells
> =A0 With myCell
> =A0 =A0 .TopPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0)
> =A0 =A0 .BottomPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0)
> =A0 =A0 .LeftPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0.29)
> =A0 =A0 .RightPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0.29)
> =A0 =A0 .WordWrap =3D True
> =A0 =A0 .FitText =3D False
> =A0 End With
> Next myCell
> End Sub
>

> andreas wrote:
> > Dear Experts:
>
> > Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table.
> > Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got
> > any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged
> > cells also get worked on?
>
> > Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
>
> > Regards, Andreas
>
> > Sub SetPadding
>
> > Dim myCell As Cell
> > Dim myRow As row
> > Dim myTable As Table
>
> > Set myTable =3D Selection.Tables(1)
> > For Each myRow In myTable.rows
> > =A0 =A0For Each myCell In myRow.Cells
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.TopPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.BottomPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.LeftPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.RightPadding =3D CentimetersToPoints(0.19)
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.WordWrap =3D True
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0myCell.FitText =3D False
>
> > =A0 =A0Next
> > Next
>
> > End Sub- Hide quoted text -

Hi Greg,

that's it! Great! Thank you very much for your professional help.

Regards, Andreas
0
andreas

how can I change the scale of the numbers in my chart data table?
I have set up a simple graph, and I have opted to show a data table at the bottom which shows my graph results numerically. However, whilst I have changed the scale on the value axis with no problem, I cannot change the scale of my data table to thousands.. the only option I seem to have is to be able to format the font. Please can you help? A chart data table has very limited capability. Instead of using one, consider simulating the effect. See Custom Chart Table http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel,...

OWA Set Rule problem

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

Inserting time inside cell
I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a cell? sn hi, hh:mm:ss or 12:12:12 also see Format>cells>number tab. scroll down left to custom. scroll down right to see other formats. regards FSt1 "Sachi Noma" wrote: > I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP > > Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a > cell? > > sn > > Hi Sachi, Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell, i...

setting up new outlook mail account

How to set backcolour

How to keep a cell empty at the same time formula embedded?
Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. A cell cannot be both "empty" and contain something...........you can however, put a formula there that will display a blank cell according to the conditions of it's calculations........... =(IF(A1>5,A1,"")......will display a blank cell if A1 is 5 or less Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "vic_dic" <vic_dic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A590D8A6-7E86-49B7-AA9A-12DE213E670C@microsoft.com... > Can we have an empty cell but formula embedded in that cell. What are you...

Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables.
Create one class in order to connect with multiple tables. I always create one new class for one table in order to connect it via wizard. So,I had created ten classes for ten tables. Can you teache me how to create one new class which it can connect to multiple tables? Thanks in advance. Sam, I would assume that you are referening the MFC ODBC classes - specifically the CRecordset. If that is the case, then you have but a few options. If your recordsets are read-only, then you do not have to use a derived class - you can create an object of CRecordset, and use one of the GetFeildValue...

Obtaining the correct results from a two table query
I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and the colour field in table B not containing �Y�. How do I modify the code below to achieve this? SELECT A_Date, A.Received, A.ID, B. Colour FROM A LEFT JOIN B ON DDP_A.Main = B.Main WHERE (((A.Received)= -1) AND ((B.Colour <> �Y�)); jo@jo.uk wrote: >I have two tables say A and B, what I am trying to achieve with the query is >just to display records that have the received field ticked in table A and >the colo...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Word 2007 - Windows 7
We generate reports that contain still images of AVI animations. It used to be that we could drag and drop the AVI file into the document and a graphic image would appear; now all we get is an icon. I believe this occurred as the result of an upgrade to Window2 7 form XP SP2. We'd like to retain embedding the video as it can then be activated by a click should the reader decide to do that, but what happened to the still image? I expect it's something really stupid that I've forgotten, but you never know... ...

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

How do wrap all columns of a pivot table to 2nd half of same page
I have a 3 column pivot table that can be too long to fit on one page, but I do not want to shrink it to fit (makes type too small) Is there a way to get the rows that don't fit on the page to wrap and print as a 3 column table on 2nd half (open half) of the page? Hi, If you are asking whether you can wrap text in a pivot table - yes, the same way you do it in a spreadsheet - Format, Cells, Alignment, Wrap text I don't think this is what you are after but ... If you are asking can you extend the printout across multiple pages, look at this and see if it addresses anything you ...

Freezing contents of a cell
I have a cell (A4) that copies the results of a formula in another cell (B8). When B8 changes, I want A4 to keep its original results. Is this possible? Thanks, Barney Yes, have a look at the freeze pane function. It takes a cell co-ordinate and freezes on the cell. -- Regards, Alvin Bruney [Shameless Author Plug] The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET available at www.lulu.com/owc ------------------------------------------------------------ "Barney" <postonbl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OB#mmsSIFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a c...

Cell Display Issue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a spreadsheet that I created in Excel 2007 (windows) and am using in Excel 2008 Mac. I cannot get the cells the right width to display the numbers in all the cells. <br><br>When the column is too narrow, &quot;####&quot; is displayed as you would expect. But when I increase the column width to correctly display that cell, other cells in the same column that were displaying correctly now display &quot;# #####&quot;. <br><br>Increasing the column does not solve t...

format a cell
does anybody know how i can format a cell so that it looks like its raise. thanks in advance. One play to tinker with Either switch-off the gridlines (Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck gridlines > OK) or press CTRL + A (select entire sheet) then click to Fill color > white Select the cell(s) Click Format > Cells > Border tab Select the thickest solid line in "Style" Click to format either the right & bottom or the left & top borders Select the thinnest solid line in "Style" Click to format the remaining 2 borders Click OK -- Rgds...

How do I set OOR

interactive buttons, multiple sets

Transferring Excel Data to Word...??? Help, ASAP!!!
I have to make "class passes" every week. They Include the student's name, Group color, homeroom teacher's name and room number, number of the room they will be going to, and the date and time. It is very hard to type in all of this data EVERY week... I have an excel spreadsheet that has all of this data in it. How do I "get my computer" to just "fill in" the blanks? for example, i have my data, and i press some key, and the names, teachers names, dates, times, room #s, etc. are filled in automatically. I've tried to make a template, i ju...