SendKeys command for Ctrl-Shift-v?

Hi,

I'm trying to send the Ctrl-Shift-v combination to MS Word, with
no luck. So far  SendKeys "^+(v)" isn't doing it. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Paul

--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness

Does Selection.PasteAndFormat do what you need or use SendKeys "^+v" without
the ()

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Paul B" <pb_public@R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.Soperamail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to send the Ctrl-Shift-v combination to MS Word, with
> no luck. So far  SendKeys "^+(v)" isn't doing it. Is this
> possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> --
> Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
> Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
> and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
> http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/

0
Doug
12/23/2009 5:39:38 AM
Hi Doug,

"^+v" doesn't work.

The problem is that Ctrl-Shift-v is a system hotkey for another
program, The Word, that I'm trying to utilize here. It tells The
Word to copy the Bible verse whose address is in the clipboard,
to the clipboard. So my macro copies the verse address, say Jer
13.3, and now I'm trying to get it to send Ctrl-Shift-v, in order
to get "And the word of the LORD came to me a second time,
saying," loaded, but it's not happening. That's also why Word's
Paste function probably won't do it.

According to the documentation, C-S-v should be doable, but I'm
just not getting it here.

Thanks,
Paul

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:39:38 +1000, Doug Robbins - Word MVP
wrote:

> Does Selection.PasteAndFormat do what you need or use SendKeys "^+v" without
> the ()
>

> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Paul B" <pb_public@R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.Soperamail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to send the Ctrl-Shift-v combination to MS Word, with
>> no luck. So far  SendKeys "^+(v)" isn't doing it. Is this
>> possible?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>>

>> --
>> Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
>> Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
>> and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
>> http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/

--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/
0
Paul
12/23/2009 7:32:07 PM
Sorry, this is not the place to look for miracles.

I am not sure what makes you thing that using PasteFormat in Word would go
to the Bible and grab the text of the verse for which you have the address
on the clipboard.

--

> Hi Doug,
>
> "^+v" doesn't work.
>
> The problem is that Ctrl-Shift-v is a system hotkey for another
> program, The Word, that I'm trying to utilize here. It tells The
> Word to copy the Bible verse whose address is in the clipboard,
> to the clipboard. So my macro copies the verse address, say Jer
> 13.3, and now I'm trying to get it to send Ctrl-Shift-v, in order
> to get "And the word of the LORD came to me a second time,
> saying," loaded, but it's not happening. That's also why Word's
> Paste function probably won't do it.
>
> According to the documentation, C-S-v should be doable, but I'm
> just not getting it here.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:39:38 +1000, Doug Robbins - Word MVP
> wrote:
>
>> Does Selection.PasteAndFormat do what you need or use SendKeys "^+v"
>> without
>> the ()
>>

>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "Paul B" <pb_public@R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.Soperamail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to send the Ctrl-Shift-v combination to MS Word, with
>>> no luck. So far  SendKeys "^+(v)" isn't doing it. Is this
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul
>>>

>>> --
>>> Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
>>> Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
>>> and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
>>> http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/
>

> --
> Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
> Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
> and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
> http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/

0
Doug
12/24/2009 12:43:41 AM
Doug, if you reread my post I think you'll agree that I said the
exact opposite of what you thought I said - that Word's
PasteFormat function would not work in this case, because it
would not activate The Word's hotkey.

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 10:43:41 +1000, Doug Robbins - Word MVP
wrote:

> Sorry, this is not the place to look for miracles.
>
> I am not sure what makes you thing that using PasteFormat in Word would go
> to the Bible and grab the text of the verse for which you have the address
> on the clipboard.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Paul B" <pb_public@R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.Soperamail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> "^+v" doesn't work.
>>
>> The problem is that Ctrl-Shift-v is a system hotkey for another
>> program, The Word, that I'm trying to utilize here. It tells The
>> Word to copy the Bible verse whose address is in the clipboard,
>> to the clipboard. So my macro copies the verse address, say Jer
>> 13.3, and now I'm trying to get it to send Ctrl-Shift-v, in order
>> to get "And the word of the LORD came to me a second time,
>> saying," loaded, but it's not happening. That's also why Word's
>> Paste function probably won't do it.
>>
>> According to the documentation, C-S-v should be doable, but I'm
>> just not getting it here.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>>

>> On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:39:38 +1000, Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Does Selection.PasteAndFormat do what you need or use SendKeys "^+v"
>>> without
>>> the ()
>>>

>>> --
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>>> "Paul B" <pb_public@R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.Soperamail.com> wrote in message

>> --
>> Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
>> Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
>> and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
>> http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/

--
Using Office 2003 sp3 on Windows XP Home
Behold, I will allure her, I will lead her into the wilderness
and speak tenderly to her - Ho. 2.14.
http://onfollowingchrist.wordpress.com/
0
Paul

Close command
I have the following command to close a Form: Private Sub Mainform_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click DoCmd.Close Exit_Mainform_Click: Exit Sub Err_Mainform_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Mainform_Click End Sub How can I change the command that the DB gets closed and not only the Form. Thanks Klaus DoCmd.Quit -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Amateur" wrote: > I have the following command to close a Form: > Private Sub Mainform_Click() > On Error GoTo Err_Command19_Click > > > DoCmd.Close > > Exit_Mainfor...

IF Command
In column A I have values 1st 2nd 3rd and in Column B I want it to say January 04 January 04 January 04 I only want January 04 to appear when something is entered into the adjacent Column A cell Can anyone help? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ B1: =IF(A1<>"","January 04","") and copy down. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ianripping >" <<ianripping.100y8e@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:i...

SendKeys function
Hi all, I am trying to "SENDKEYS" to another appliction I am using. Basically I take Cell A6 and copy the contents into another app. I the want to select another Cell D6 and take the contents of that and cop that. Easy I hear you say......When I run it with just a6 it works fine. Whe I run it with D6 it works fine but when I put them both together th first cell is missed out and both columns in the other app have th data from D6 in. E.g. A6 = 50 E.g. D6 = 100 Copy one into other App = OK Copy both into other App = only inserts 100 and misses out 50. Sorry, that is the best e...

Macro Command #2
Good Morning, I have created a bill Template in Excel and I need this to print one copy on Headed and 2 copies on Plain. I seem to be having a lot of problems with this. So I am now trying a macro to select all and copy open a word document paste the bill into the word doc and then run the LetterCopy Marco from Word and then go back to excel? I seem to be 98% there. Although I am having problems with getting it to paste. It is selcting all/ copying opening word fine. Please can anyone advise. I would really appreciate it.... ? Thanks, -- VickyC ----------------------------------...

VBA Code to Run External File Commands....
Hello, I have a small VB Code that trying to do 2 different things, but both need to go outside of Excel. ( copy / paste ) 'Open "C:\myfile.PAS \\BLOCKP_5\WDDrop" For Output As #1 'Copy "C:\myfile.PAS \\BLOCKP_5\WDDrop" 'Paste "\\blockP_5\WDDrop" 'Close #1 Problem : I run a macro that takes the contents and creates a .PAS File, ( midified CSV ), that file is then copied to a Label Program ( Loftware ) and it prints out labels. Currently, I added a command button to click on it to run the macro, it copies file to the C:\ drive, then I mi...

Edit Record Command
I've been doing a lot of reading and found out that an edit record command is the best option to keep users from accidentally deleting data in the form. I right-clicked in the general area of form and set all properties for edits and deletions to No. I left additions as Yes. And that works, I tried editing a field and it wouldn't allow me. The problem is the command to edit doesn't work right. I put "event procedure" on Click but I don't think I've found the right code for editing. Can someone please help me with what to do to allow editing of records ...

Tree Ctrl and Icon
Hi, I am using tree ctrl which has icons for each item and depending on some condition I need to make some tree items disabled. I could do almost everything with NM_CUSTOMDRAW _except for images_. From research I have done so far, I know that I need to use an operation which gives the same effect as CImageList::DrawEx with ILD_BLEND50 as parameter (dither the image). In NM_CUSTOMDRAW, if I decide to draw the item _completely_ (*pResult = CDRF_SKIPDEFAULT), I should be able to use directly use CImageList::DrawEx with ILD_BLEND50. But that means I have to draw the item text as well and I want...

Intelligent Message Filter v. 2 not updating from Microsoft Update
I've installed SP2 and enabled IMF on my Exchange 2003 server. I've enabled updates by adding the registry information from kb article 907747. After starting and stopping SMTP, I've gone to Microsoft Update and no updates are available. Is there another step I'm missing here? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney Is there a file I can download and manually installed the filter? IMF-KB907747-2005.12.14-x86.exe "Sandy Wood" wrote: > I've installed SP2 and enabled IMF on my Exchange 2003 server. I've enabled > updates by adding the registry...

missing news command #2
I wanted to access newsgroups with outlook, so I followed the help instructions, opened the customize window, looked under the GO category and found the news command. When dragged it up to the menu, it went to the tool bar instead of the go menu. I managed to get it off the tool bar, but now the command is missing from the GO list of commands in the customize menu. I have tried hitting reset, but that only resets the toolbars, not the list of commands. I can't find my news command to put it in my go menu. What can I do? Outlook 2003? Make sure you've set Outlook Express as...

Command button in a form
I have the following coding on a command button in a form: Private Sub cmdSelectAllIssuers_Click() Dim s As String s = "UPDATE tbl Master Comps SET Tbl Master Comps.Issuer Select Check Box = True " & _ "WHERE (((tbl Master Comps.Issuer Select Check Box)=False));" Currentdb.excute s End Sub It gives me a runtime error 3144 Syntak error in update statement and highlights the currentdb.excute s. I want to be able to click on the command button "cmdSelectAllIssuers" and have the check box "Issuer Select Check Box" in the form be ch...

SendKeys
Hallo, Kan iemand mij vertellen hoe ik het "Find and Replace" oftewel het (Ctrl F) venster via een macro kan sluiten. Er is geen Alt functie beschikbaar voor de Close button. Het betreft een 2003 Excel versie Vast bedankt voor jullie reacties. Wim On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:35:44 +0100, wim verheijen wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >Kan iemand mij vertellen hoe ik het "Find and Replace" oftewel het (Ctrl F) >venster via een macro kan sluiten. > >Er is geen Alt functie beschikbaar voor de Close button. >Het betreft een 2003 Excel versie > >Vast b...

Unclick Code on Check box command button
I have code written that when the control check box is selected certain cells will highligh. I would like for those same cells to turn white when the check box is unchecked. What code do I need? Thanks! Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("B17:D17").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid .Value = 0 End With End Sub How about checking if the checkbox is checked or not checked <vbg>? Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() With Me.Range("B17:D17").Interior If Me.C...

Running Dos command using shellExecute
I am trying to run dos command DEL /f /s /q c:\\dirname\\* using ShellExecute API but command does not run and gives the error code 2 i.e file not found. IF i run the same command using system call then it works. Can anyone tell me how to use shellexecute to run dos command. I am using in following way ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "DEL /f /s /q c:\\check\\*", NULL, NULL, SW_HIDE); thanks manoj <manojkumar_net@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:1125928351.189476.270890@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to run dos command DEL /f /s /q c:\\dirname...

How do I access the "Move Shapes Command" in Visio 2002 Pro?
I want to move a shape by an exact amount. Help says to use the "Move Shapes Command" but I cannot find this command. In Visio 2003, it is under Add-ons on the Tools menu. Then Choose "Visio Extras" John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Stephen Dolley" <Stephen Dolley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85873629-09D1-41FF-BA9A-F75C52D6DCDC@microsoft.com... >I want to...

Access a Great Plains Menu item in VBA without SendKeys
Is there a way to access a Great Plains Menu item in 8.0 without using sendkeys in VBA? Here is what we are trying to do: For ease-of-use, I have added a button on a GP form that when clicked, should essentially go to the Extras-->Additional--> and click on a specific form from the list. In 7.5 we used something like: SENDKEYS("%xc") which translates to the user clicking Alt+C. However, that had problems since not every user's system had the same items listed in the extras menu. I'm hoping that the new menu system is somehow exposed so that I can call the specific...

command button color
Hi all, Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its default grey? Thx, Ludovic "Vsn" <vsn_hotmail_kom> wrote: > Hi all, > > Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its > default grey? Buttons always pick up the Windows system color so buttons in Access will have whatever color your Windows color scheme has defined for Windows buttons. You can use an image of a solid colored rectangle to mimic a different colored background. Alternatively, you can use the Click event of a labe...

Outlook V.S. Outlook Express
I prefer using Outlook Express that I have on my desktop. Specifically I prefer the incoming list on the top half of the screen with the actual message shown in the lower half of the screen. My laptop came preloaded with Outlook. Question is how can I download Express from MS and use it instead of Outlook? How do I get rid of Outlook and begin using Express. Outlook Express is bundled with Internet Explorer. Outlook does the same thing you described as outlook express and more it is the full version and outlook express is a mini version. The only thing that outlook cannot do is news...

Num Lock turned off when using SendKeys
Code is: AppActivate "MYOB Accounting", True Call DelaySeconds(0.5) SendKeys "{TAB}", True It's definately the SendKeys that turns the Num Lock off. -- Regards Tom On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:03:01 -0800, ThomasAJ <ThomasAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Code is: > >AppActivate "MYOB Accounting", True >Call DelaySeconds(0.5) >SendKeys "{TAB}", True > >It's definately the SendKeys that turns the Num Lock off. Yep. This is one of many, many reasons to avoid SendKeys if at all possible. I don...

Re: Sending email from command line
I'd like to do this! Can anybody say how? "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:... > Was I not clear in my question or does anybody know that this isn't > possible? > > "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message > news:OFY$VDjfEHA.368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I have a txt file that contains a list of records. Each record contains an > > email address and some other data. The file is created every night. Every > > morning, someone reads the file and manually creates email to send the > > appro...

sendkeys not working
i used to use this to get the last info recorded in a cell from the previouse record now it dooesn't work with 2007: SendKeys "{^}'", 10 Any other way to get the last info on the previouse record using the same cell? Otherwords how can i copy the last info back into the same cell on a new record? Davidx, Per chance are you using Vista? I believe Vista blocks that function... It probably does the same for Windows 7. As for an alternative, I'm not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do as Access has no cells. Are you just trying to copy inf...

command code ( GOTO command) in formula
I had used an "IF " formula ( in cell C3) and get the result in cell F58. Cell F58 is a blank cell with photo. I need to screen to show cell F58 that is move the cursor to cell F58. What is the command to be put in the "IF" formula? Thank You ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Command button opening new window
Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open a new window based on the search information I input. It always opens in a new window, and also leaves the main form open. Is it possible to have the search opened in the same window? Thanks! Not really. A Sekect query opens as a datasheet form. You could create a subform on your main form and make the record source of the sub form the query you are running. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Shari" wrote: > Within my main form, I have command buttons that run query searches that open > ...

Command Button Not Executing
I setup a update query with a command button. However it is not executing. Update query has the following information: Field: PrintME Table: Restaurant Update To: False Criteria: True I am attempting to create a button that will undo check marks in a checkbox named PrintME Properties of the Visual Basic code that was setup by the Query Wizard as shown as follows: Private Sub Uncheckbox_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Uncheckbox_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Uncheckbox" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit Exit_Uncheckbox_Clic...

sendkeys
i read all the question about the send keys. here is my problem i have a macro that open a form, the next line in the macro is a sendkeys that send an enter while with argument of "TRUE" to hold the macro from continue running until the sendkey of the form finish his woek. 1) i got an yellow warning at the macro neer the sendkeys command 2) the macro is continue with out running the sendkey. this all work at earlier access. i add the folder that hold this database to the trusted area. what should i do for solving this problem. thank's in advance ofer You must also make sure tha...

delete command
In my subform, in the AfterUpdate of the field Quantity, i have the folowing code: If Me!size > 19 Then MsgBox " this is a drum. Please choose a drum" DoCmd.GoToControl "productid" DoCmd.Beep Exit Sub End If How can i delete any figures a i have entered in the field quantity? For example i have entered 2,i get the message that i am wrong, but before Exit i want to delete any figures,in my case 2, from the field Quantity ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200708/1 What could the code you've po...