Save and save as

Hi,

I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close button is
pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all of
these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a user
tries to save the file fro save and save as.

Can anyone help me with this.  I am using word 2003

Regards

Mark

Once you give someone access to a document, you have ceded all control over
it.   You can however stop them from overwriting the original file by making
the document read-only and assigning a password to it, or give it to them in
..pdf format.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
> saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close button
> is
> pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all of
> these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a
> user
> tries to save the file fro save and save as.
>
> Can anyone help me with this.  I am using word 2003
>
> Regards
>
> Mark

0
Doug
5/21/2010 8:58:05 PM
Hi,

I need users to be able to fill in form though on the document, but not save
it so it will be clear for the next user to fill in so read only is not an
option as I need people to input data, once the user inputs the data they
copy the text and paste into web based program.

Mark

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> Once you give someone access to a document, you have ceded all control over
> it.   You can however stop them from overwriting the original file by making
> the document read-only and assigning a password to it, or give it to them in
> .pdf format.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
> > saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close button
> > is
> > pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all of
> > these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a
> > user
> > tries to save the file fro save and save as.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this.  I am using word 2003
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Mark

You should create the form as a template and the user should use File>New
and select the template when they need to create such a form.

See:

http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

or the following series of articles:

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--

> Hi,
>
> I need users to be able to fill in form though on the document, but not
> save
> it so it will be clear for the next user to fill in so read only is not an
> option as I need people to input data, once the user inputs the data they
> copy the text and paste into web based program.
>
> Mark
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> Once you give someone access to a document, you have ceded all control
>> over
>> it.   You can however stop them from overwriting the original file by
>> making
>> the document read-only and assigning a password to it, or give it to them
>> in
>> .pdf format.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
>> > saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close
>> > button
>> > is
>> > pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all
>> > of
>> > these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a
>> > user
>> > tries to save the file fro save and save as.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help me with this.  I am using word 2003
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Mark

0
Doug
5/22/2010 12:52:34 AM
Unless you have control over what the users do with their Word
installation - what you ask is not possible.You cannot force users to run
macros.
Furthermore, with a protected form, the copy/paste step is also going to be
an issue. You can intercept the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands to do
something else - such as clear the form, but Doug's suggestion to create a
template would remove the need to do that. Whether a vba approach would be
viable rather depends on whether you can program your 'web based program'
from Word? Then you could perform the data collection and 'pasting' in a
single operation.

You may find http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm useful

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need users to be able to fill in form though on the document, but not
> save
> it so it will be clear for the next user to fill in so read only is not an
> option as I need people to input data, once the user inputs the data they
> copy the text and paste into web based program.
>
> Mark
>
> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> Once you give someone access to a document, you have ceded all control
>> over
>> it.   You can however stop them from overwriting the original file by
>> making
>> the document read-only and assigning a password to it, or give it to them
>> in
>> .pdf format.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my
>> services on a paid consulting basis.

>> "terilad" <terilad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am looking for some help with a macro, I need to disable anyone from
>> > saving a file or save as and also disable the prompt if the close
>> > button
>> > is
>> > pressed you get an option to save the file then, I need to disable all
>> > of
>> > these, also have a pop up box to warn that save as been disables when a
>> > user
>> > tries to save the file fro save and save as.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help me with this.  I am using word 2003
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Mark

0
Graham

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Daylight Savings Time #2

Save csv format to dbf format

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....

Transfer from Checking into Savings account...
OK all, Now I'm really confused. I'm using M05 Deluxe and I set up an ING Direct savings account. I transfered $20.00 into the ING account from checking but when I look at the ING savings account register, it shows a poitive Decrease of 20.00 and a balance of (20.00). As if I owe 20.00 to ING. However, when I click on the Home tab, it shows that ING has a positive amount of $20.00. What gives? Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks, Steve Essential Register and/or downloaded transaction data? What type of Money Account is the ING Savings ...

Save All...
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, Is there a way to do a Save All (all opened files) in a similar fashion as clicking Shift|File|Close All ? Failing that, any macros out there I could use? Thanks a million! Here is one I use to save and close all opened files including the file housing the macro and leaving excel. Sub CLOSE_ALL() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayAlerts = False For Each w In Application.Workbooks If w.Name <> ThisWorkbook.Name Then w.Save w.Close ' w.Close SaveChanges:=True 'MsgBox w.Name End If Next w ThisWorkbook.Save Applicati...

daylight savings #2
It may be daylight savings. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338 ...

Saving spell-check results in Excel
Each month I have to check spelling in Excel (~7000 items). They contain the same spelling errors. Is there a way of saving the spell check so that I don't have to start from scratch each time? Are you saying that you have 7000 misspelled words that need to be corrected? Or are you saying that you have 7000 words that excel flags as misspelled? If the words are flagged in error (for your jargon), then couldn't you just add those words to your custom dictionary? Excel (and other office applications) will include your custom dictionary and not flag them anymore. If the words are act...

cannot save
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C95C58.03E0EE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden I can no longer save Excel 2007 files. It crashes and = tells me that I need to download an update. When I try to update I get = error number:0x8DDD0002. This is new. Help? --=20 Rick Wolfe Malaspina Coach Lines ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C95C58.03E0EE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-...

Save password under send/recive action
I have 3 email acounts. En when checking for new mail, the send recive box apears, and want me to chose outlook to remenber my password. I chose yes, but i get the same question everytime under send/recive. Outlook wont remember my password to my email acounts allthough i choose it to do so.... I have outlook 2002 and win. XP PLEASE HELT ANYONE !!! Thanx.. ...

Save As versus Save
I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers. They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with their information. How do I force them to use the "Save As" command versus the "Save"? "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4C8BDF0-17D1-4341-AD36-FF5CC9C7B36C@microsoft.com... > I've created a spreadsheet that I need to make accessible to our managers. > They will need to open the form fill it in and save the new form with > their > information. How do I force ...