Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.

Hi,

We are using Office/Outlook 2007
We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working
ok except for two things;
If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in
the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word
2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of
1,15.

So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her
Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10.
If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the user has SpaceAfter=1, the
result vill be SpaceAfter = 0.

The same thing happens for LineSpacingRule, if its set to "Single" in the
users Word 2007 settings and the script is set to use LineSpacingRule =
wdLineSpaceSingle, the result will be that the signature will have a
linespacing of "Multiple" and a value of 1,15.

So everytime the users settings match those of the script, it defaults to
the values you would get if you deleted your normal.dotm.

Is this a bug?

The second problem is that all the lines in the signature will become
paragraphs.
Even though I used vbNewLine to create the signature, which should be the
same as pressing shift+enter, right?

Any ideas on how to solve?

/Markus

access form in data sheet format
I am trying to view the results of a query in a form. I have a "sales order table" that has order lines, each line has product detail and a "CustomerID" which comes from a table called "Contacts" I have queried the relevant data from the sales order table and created a form in datasheet format. I want to be able to select the customers ID from a combo box and for the datasheet view form to then update showing only the order lines applicable to that customer. The Combo box is currently set to select data from the contacts table, the data comes from the Sales...

MsgBox with number of paragraphs formatted with a user-defined paragraph style
Dear Experts: I would like to loop thru all paragraphs and check how many paragraphs have been formatted with a specific user-defined paragraph style (say user-defined-style-1). A Msg Box is to show me the numbers of paragraphs formatted with this style. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Something like Dim oSection As Section Dim oPara As Paragraph Dim i As Long i = 0 For Each oSection In ActiveDocument.Sections For Each oPara In oSection.Range.Paragraphs If oPara.Style = "user-defined-style-1" Then i = i + 1 ...

How do I invert a paragraph?
I am printing a "made by" box on the back of a greeting card, and I need to invert it after I type it. How do I do this. The "flip or rotate" on the draw toolbar doesn't work. See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

how to set b'day reminders default to off?
seems that whenever i enter a birthday for a contact, the calendar entry has a reminder set for it. i don't want a reminder. isn't there a way to have this default to 'no reminder' options>preferences> calender> default reminder is not checked. ...

Conditional Formating (?)
In my report, I have the following fields: Org (header) and Name, Title, Phone, Bldg/Room (detail sorted alphabetically by Name) For those people with the Title of "Dir" or "Mgr" or "OAA" I have set up conditional formating for them to print in "red". However, now I have been asked if I can move those people with the Title of "Dir" or "Mgr" or "OAA" to the top of the listing and then sort the remaining people alphabetically by name. Help? TAWise, Use an external table to provide the report a Grouping value. ...

Copy/Paste to Match Destination Formatting -- BY DEFAULT
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel As a long time PC Word user, I have been accustomed to the large amount of preference customization that is available. One CRUCIAL (for me) customization option in PC Word is the ability to set the default action when pasting from one program (the web or Acrobat) to Word. <br><br>By default, both Word 2008 (mac) and Word 2007 (PC) keep the source formatting when pasting between programs. To me that makes no sense, because 9 out of 10 times you don't want your word document to have many differ...

Telephone Format
Is there someplace to change the telephone display format? Yes, you can change it using Modifier, press Fields button, Select Field 'Phone1' and open it, a field definition window will open, press open button beside data type, then press the expansion button beside format field, now you can create a new format and give it a format string like for example (XXX)-XXXX-XXX, save it. Make sure that you select it under format in data type definition for phone_number. There is a shorter way to do it by creating a new format, but above way will show it clearly if you're not a m...

Outlook 2007 paragraph spacing, reprise
Hello, Perhaps in response to the earlier outcry, the Outlook 2007 (with Vista Ultimate) that I just installed came with the Normal Style defaulting to 0 space after paragraphs. This meant that, typing a new message into the HTML editor, I had to hit Enter twice in order to have any visible space between my paragraphs. This, then, had the effect of sending my messages with an extra paragraph (nbsp) between each paragraph. Still, it looked okay in Outlook. However, it did not look okay to others, in Gmail and elsewhere. And it did not look okay when echoed back to me in the form of replies. S...

Default Company at Login
What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login? Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default? i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company, Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the user? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company. If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default. You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are o...

formatting cells #15
hi everyone. here is my problem: if q10=text1 > q2 color red if q10=text2 > q2 color green if q 10=text3 > q3 colro yellow any idea? thank you very much Spidermassi -- spidermassi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spidermassi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25823 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392159 Check out Format>Conditional Formatting... You can set up to three parameters to set formatting. I don't understand your "q10=text1 > q2&qu...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

Word paragraph default
I can't seem to be able to change the default paragraph style. i have gone into word options, advanced and selected no spacing as default style. But it doesn't hold. Does anyone know how to fix this? If you are using Word 2007 and you want the look of Word 2003, do the following: Create a new, blank document. On the Home tab, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change Styles | Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save your Normal template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "zoriana" <zoriana@discussion...

EFT format
You should add the Caisse Populaire Desjardins format in the window EFT Checkbook setup (fields: Bank Group) for the module EFT - receivables and EFT - payables of Dynamics - GP. This institution is use by a lot of customers in province of Quebec in Canada. Sylvie Anne Côté ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based...

Saving as field formatted text file
I'm needing to save a worksheet as a text file, but with a fixed field length of 11 characters per cell (fyi, 10 cells per line). Is there a way to set the default tab stops excel uses when converting to a tab delimited file? Here's a link with a couple of workarounds: http://google.com/groups?threadm=015b01c32c5f%24b3d398d0%24a501280a%40phx.gbl phil wrote: > > I'm needing to save a worksheet as a text file, but with a fixed field length of 11 characters per cell (fyi, 10 cells per line). Is there a way to set the default tab stops excel uses when converting to a tab del...

Excel - conditional formatting
I have subtotalled a sales report and need to change the font colour o the subtotals. I know I should be able to do this with conditiona formatting but can't get the right criteria - ie: to format each cel which contains SUBTOTAL in the forumula. Any help would b appreciated! ... thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Did you subtotal with the Data Subtotal function? If so, expand or condense so that only the subtotals are showing. Select the range, hit the F5 key, (goto), select Special, toggle visible cells only, then format as you see fit "RachelSK >&quo...

Default SMTP email address
Hello I have installed exchange server 2000 with service pack 3. all my users have internal and external email account as follows Internal account on the local exchange serve:FIRSTNAME@COMPUTER.CO external account on our external web site hosted by ISP:FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME@COMPUTER.CO My problem is that when my users sends email to the outer world using outlook the person who recieves the message get the internal address in the FROM address.(firstname@computer.com insted of firstname.lastname@computer.com I tryied to add the external mail address in the email addresses tape in the user propertys...

QFX format ???
Bank only offers the download file in QFX (Quicken) format. Can it be imported in money 2004/05 ? thnx In microsoft.public.money, Sajal wrote: >Bank only offers the download file in QFX (Quicken) format. >Can it be imported in money 2004/05 ? That may be equivalent to an OFX file; it was in one case I tested by downloading from a web site. Try downloading the Money 2004 trial. Rename the *.qfx file to *.ofx and File->Import the file to see. TIAA-CREF only offers QFX. I know that an investment account may be different from a bank, but all I did with it was to import it without ...

Changing Out of Office Assistant defaults
I understand the default for the OOO assistant is to reply to internal addresses only. Is there a setting on the Exchange server side that can be changed so the OOO assistant will respond to outside emails? Regards, Marty "Marty Browne" <n1924y@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uHUfVbtsDHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I understand the default for the OOO assistant is to reply to internal > addresses only. Is there a setting on the Exchange server side that can be > changed so the OOO assistant will respond to outside emails? > > Regards, > Marty > ...

Conditional Formatting of Bar Charts
I've got a bar chart in an Excel 2007 worksheet that needs to have bars colored conditionally. I can do this manually -- by clicking on the Chart Format ribbon, then clicking on the bar, and then clicking the "Fill Color" icon on the ribbon. But surely there's a way to automate this?! The Conditional Formatting feature is not available for charts. When I try to use the Macro Recorder, this step simply doesn't get recorded. I've spent a great deal of time with VBA, trying to find a chart bar object of some kind with a Fill.BackColor property. I can't fi...

How do I import raw CSV data into an HTML Table ? (i.e. without the f***ing Microsoft Excel formatting tags)?!
Hi How do I import an MS Excel table (Office 2002) into Dreamweaver MX2004 without any bloody Micro$oft formatting tags?! - ie just the table structure & data please! What doesnt work: a) Saving the table as a CSV text file and re-importing back into Ms Excel and then saving as HTML file. When I import into DW it cant take out all the stray [f***ing] Microsoft characters. b) Doing the above and importing into Ms Word and then importing into DW. Because when you then run the tool to clean up Ms Word tags the damned thing just hangs!! SURELY there is an easier way b...

Date format question
I'm a new user of Outlook and am having a bit of difficulty with a small problem. I live in the Pacific NW, but need to have my calendar format as d/m/y verses the standard US m/d/y. I've got it right on my Pocket PC, but can't seem to find a setting to change it in Outlook. Any help in being able to change the calendar/date format would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Michael The date format is being controlled by the Operating System; Control Panel-> Regional and Language Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What ...

Lotus 123 save as excel workbook and maintain formatting?

How do I move a paragraph from below to above another paragraph
How do I re-position a paragraph above another? Cut and paste. or Select the whole paragraph and drag it to the new position. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Scarlett" <Scarlett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:429061F5-8436-4A1A...

how to format ntfs partition

Incoming font/formatting messing up
I sometimes get font/formatting messed up on incoming messages. I've looked in all the settings I can think of & can't find the answer. It looks okay in my web-based email version, but when Outlook downloads the message, it gets corrupted. For instance, this: 'Get Fit!' - Yoga w/ Tess 'Get Fit!' - Pilates w/ Meghan became this (hope the corruption is visible): �� �?~Get Fit!�?T �?" Yoga w/ Tess §� �?~Get Fit!�?T �?" Pilates w/ Meghan I've tried changing various font & international settings, but haven't found t...