Opening a user form

I am using the following code to open a user form when I open a Word 2003
document.
Private Sub Document_New()
UserForm1.Show
End Sub
For some reason I can't get the user form to show.
I have this code in a template and I am opening the document from it. I also
have it in a private directory (not the template directory).
Thanks,
Stanley

That does not make the userform show on document open.

Sub Document_Open()
   UserForm1.Show
End Sub

If you have the code (Document_NEW) in the template, then when the template
is used to make a NEW document, the userform will display.

" I also have it in a private directory (not the template directory)."
I have no idea what you mean by that.

In any case, if you want a document to display a userform on document open,
then you must have the show instruction in a Document_Open procedure in the
ThisDocument code module of the document (not the template).

--
Gerry

Fumei2

code to allow edits in form AND subform
Ok, here goes............. I have a form (frmBOL) which contains a subform (sfrmData). I have this code working to allow the form to be edited, but I can't seem to incorporate the subform into it. Everything I try gives me an error. Can anyone help? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Dim sPassword As String sPassword = Nz(Me.txtPassword.Value, "") ' if it is a valid password, we let them edit the ' form that called this form. The calling form is ' responsible for check that the current user is ' either the QA tech on the record, or a me...

Publisher 2000

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

Exported form shows error
I exported a table and form to another database for use in another facility I operate. When I go to open the form, an error is displayed stating..."The record source '~sq_cSaidTable~sq_cList70' specified on this form or report does not exist" It then proceeds to alter the record souce in the form in design veiw. I have done that and the error persists. How do I repair this? -- Deltadog-Sacramento River Delta fisher extrodinairre... ...

EXCEL Files open Slow

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Controlling a PivotChart using a form
Hi, I'm trying to make a form that displays a pivot chart which reflects changes a user makes on a series of listboxes on the form. Whats the best way to go about doing this? I have 2 list boxes that will narrow the selection down (ie by 'category' and 'dates' - 'dates' being multiselection) and I have a listbox which is to select what data is shown on the pivot chart (a range of values at certain percentage levels). What I want to do is have the user pick a category, a date(s) and then a percentage amount, click a button and the pivotchart updates with the relev...

running forms on desktop
hi all, i couldn't find an answer to this one, and i was hoping to run a small phone no. database on my desktop, that is, without the Access Program window in the background. So my 2 small forms would appear on the desktop itself. i have Access 2003 and WinXp Sp2 thanks in advance Dave See whether what's presented in http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm at "The Access Web" does what you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave Smith" <steens@indigo.net.au> wrote in message news:OCZzlurzH...

email addresses not being populated for new users in certain AD fo
Hi, We have a strange problem that I think is related to the recipient update services although I cannot see any errors being logged. When I create a new user via AD Users and computers, if I create it in an OU that we have manually created, the users gets created and then a few minutes later all the email addresses appear in the email tab and the user can login into windows and then use outlook to attach to their mailbox. All good so far. However, if I create a user in the default "Users" folder or "users\recipients" then the email addresses never get populated and...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...