Need instructions for coping existing macro vba and creating a new macro on a different machine

I have a macro that I want to e-mail someone.

I copied it and pasted it into a .txt file.

I also want to send instructions for inserting the macro to be used with all
documents.

Not sure if they have 2003 or 2007!

I've been looking on the Internet for some simple instructions for adding a
macro when you already have the vba but can't find anything that really
fits.

Can you help me get such instructions?

Thanks

0
Cal

The instructions you need are at
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

The instructions are very nearly the same for Word 2003 and 2007
(assuming you didn't use any features in your macro code that are
specific to Word 2007).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:08:53 -0400, "   Cal Who"
<CalWho@roadrunner.com> wrote:

>I have a macro that I want to e-mail someone.
>
>I copied it and pasted it into a .txt file.
>
>I also want to send instructions for inserting the macro to be used with all
>documents.
>
>Not sure if they have 2003 or 2007!
>
>I've been looking on the Internet for some simple instructions for adding a
>macro when you already have the vba but can't find anything that really
>fits.
>
>Can you help me get such instructions?
>

>Thanks

0
Jay
6/5/2010 2:34:14 PM
Perfect! Better than anything I found before.

Thanks

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> The instructions you need are at
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.
>
> The instructions are very nearly the same for Word 2003 and 2007
> (assuming you didn't use any features in your macro code that are
> specific to Word 2007).
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>

> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:08:53 -0400, "   Cal Who"
> <CalWho@roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a macro that I want to e-mail someone.
>>
>>I copied it and pasted it into a .txt file.
>>
>>I also want to send instructions for inserting the macro to be used with
>>all
>>documents.
>>
>>Not sure if they have 2003 or 2007!
>>
>>I've been looking on the Internet for some simple instructions for adding
>>macro when you already have the vba but can't find anything that really
>>fits.
>>
>>Can you help me get such instructions?
>>

>>Thanks

0
Cal

How create rule that searches BOTH body and subject (OR not AND)?
When I check the boxes in Advanced Rules for finding a term in the body of a message and then the subject line, the resulting line ANDs it -- that is the term has to appear in both the subject and the body. This is not what I want. I want to screen emails where this term appears in either the subject line or body. That is, in Boolean terms, I want to OR this, not AND it. I think you'd have to create two rules to do that... "kdez" <kdez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB18A6D-2106-4783-9C7A-88517E0709BA@microsoft.com... > When I check the boxes in...

Matching data in different sheets but slight difference in time va
Hi Please help. I have two sheets as follows: Sheet 1: Date / Time / Number Dailled / Duration /Cost 22/1/10 10:00 01234123456 00:01:57 0.789 Sheet 2: Date / Time / Number Dailled / Duration /Extension 22/1/10 10:02 01234123456 00:01:56 1501 I am trying to put the cost of the phone call against the relevant extension on sheet 2 that has dialled the number dialled. Obviously I can match the number dialled in both cases, and the...

current and future chart section in different colours
Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the chart a different colour after the current month? Preferably also hiding the cumulative lines after the current date. Thanks Mon Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html that may help you. mon wrote: > Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of > income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the > chart a different colour after the current month? > Preferably also hid...

How can I create a Chen ERD in Visio 2007?
I'm trying to do an assignment for my Database Management Systems class that requires a Chen diagram. Can I do this with Visio 2007? I don't know if this is a standard or pro version feature. Easy why to tell would be to go to file > new > and see if Software - Chen ERD is listed. Wapperdude "Sean" wrote: > I'm trying to do an assignment for my Database Management Systems class that > requires a Chen diagram. Can I do this with Visio 2007? This may have been dropped along the line somewhere. I see it back to Visio Technical 4.1, but I don't see...

Create Visio Diagrams in Access
Hi I have been tasked with designing, or at least outputting visio diagrams form Access 2007, I believe there is a sample database somewhere with info on how to do this. Please can someone point me to it, or inform me if I am going down the wrong track and let me know if this is just not feasible. Basically I need to output Idef0 diagrams. BTW, I have never worked with Visio before so I am on crash here Also any help or pointers that you can provide to me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Cya You can only retroengineer a mdb database through a ODBC datasource. Just c...

Mass Modify-Create Single Account and duplicate within 80 branches
Our account structure is as follows, Acct#-Branch-Region, ?????-????-??. I have used the Mass Modify feature to copy an entire range of accounts from one branch to a new branch. I want to create an account within a single branch and then copy that single account to the other 79 branches. Is this possible with Mass Modify. I have already learned it's shortcomings as far as changing an account description across the 80 branches. I modified the table using SQL for that. thanks, -- Phil Gilbert Free Radical, LTD. Phil, There is no way to do what you want with Mass Modify. Integr...

Creating and showing a list
I have a phone list divided into many catagories: a=Div#, b=what the do, c=Contact info. Im trying to create a lookup feature that allow the user to look up a div#, and show all. Or lookup what they do an show the contact information. for example. In div2, I have 13 asphal subcontractors, in the cell "div#", I would like to type "2", the below that in another cell, I would like to type "asphalt" and th result would be ALL 13 asphalt subcontractors -- comotoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- comotoman's Profile: http://...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

Outlook 2003 from SBS different from Office 2003?
I have an SBS2003 server installed and distributed the Outlook2003 that came with it to my clients, while the other office applications still ran the 2000 version. Last week, we installed the office 2003 suite and I disabled the installation of Outlook 2003, since it was already installed. Next I installed the Rights Management Server and the client. All Office applications now have the Permissions icon, except Outlook. I have looked through every single setting, but could not find how to enable it. This leads me to conclude that the SBS outlook 2003 version might be different from t...

New Essay: ListBox to Clipboard
I have an essay that shows how to copy ListBox contents to the clipboard. It works correctly in both Unicode and ANSI modes, and illusrtrates several other concepts in the same project. www.flounder.com/lbcopy.htm Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Hi Bruce Hagen
Hi Bruce I have XP Pro and IE7. Hope you can help me again. Many months ago it was determined that my OE was corrupt. I remember you instructing me to delete certain folders in OE and then upon a restart they would be re-installed by the system. I did that and the problem was solved. Now it seems that my WLM may be corrupt. I do not see my posts from any NG. Have to go to google groups, where I can just see some replies, but never my original posts. The some help that I can see doesn't solve the problem. Hope you can give me about the same procedures to delete those ...

New Records Not In Query
Hello All: I have a query with a very detailed criteria. I inputted new records by using forms that meet the criteria of the query. However, they are not there. Can anyone tell me of some type of refresh that I need to do in order for the records to show up in the query? The records are in the main table and the main query. Any input would be appreciated. -Anthony Moran Pension Fund Intern Anthony Queries retrieve records from tables (and other queries). Tables store data. Forms are used to display (and enter/edit) data. If you've added records via your forms, those records sh...

compact database in VBA access 2007

Outlook Email Help: selecting Voting button option from excel VBA
Hi All, I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set an voting button option from excel? I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing: ..VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject" But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do this from excel? To select "Hav...

button to navigate to a different page?
I have a long document with multiple sections. Is it possible to create a navigation buttons at the top of the page and clicking on one the buttons would take me to that section, something similar to A HREF in HTML? Thanks, If you bookmarks the location that you want to move to, you can insert hyperlinks to the bookmarks. Or maybe you will find a table of contents useful (it will be hyperlinked by deafult)? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Liu" <Liu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB88D9B-F03C-49DA-A13A-3EB035B76122@microsoft....

Change the file name in Macro
I created Macro that open several workbooks (actually 17 of them) at the same time like this; Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\01 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\11 - Feb09 CFW.xls" Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "H:\Month End Work\FY 2009\02-09 RUI SALES\21 - Feb09 CFW.xls" It works fine till I have to use it for the following month. I have to go back to my Macro and change manually the directory from 02-09 to 03-09 and file name from Feb09 to Mar0...

Big Help Needed Excel '95
A friend has a simple spreadsheet with 6 tabs along the bottom. Win 95 and Office 95 installed. One of the Tabbed sheets had a HUGE list of items and he "hit some key" and wiped out the data in the sheet. Doesn't know what he did and worse still saved the file and exited. Has no back-up! He can't duplicate what he did or even know what he did. I appreciate the data is probably lost, but my query is that the sheet, when you click the Tab shows no cell lines at all, no data obviously, but no cells at all? There are line numbers down the left side that you can click...

Can I add to a drop down list like a new status that is not shown.
I am using Time and Billing form. I would like to be able to add to the drop down status menu which already gives me some options but I need some to cover warranties. How can I add an item to the drop down menu? I am new to this. Tks. By drop down, do you mean a combo box? If so, what is the row source type property of the combo? What is the row source property of the combo? The above questions need to be answered in able to answer your question. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Learning the ropes" wrote: > I am using Time and Billing form. I would like to be ...

Passing Names to Macro's
How can I have a macro recognize a named range? E.g. ADDON=5 is defined and named in a cell, and I want to reference it in the macro. Thanks.../RN RN Like this Sub referToRange() Dim sRangeName As String sRangeName = ThisWorkbook.Names("ADDON").Value MsgBox "ADDON Value" & sRangeName End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Randy Numbers" <ran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:kmBIc.2$EM5.1@fe04.usenetserver.com... > How can I have a macro recognize a named range? E.g. ...

GPv10 How to Create New PO from Sales Order
Hi, In SOP, on a line being ordered, I click on the Paper Clip icon and a screen pops up allowing me to lookup an existing PO to assign this item. A few questions. 1) are the POs listed when I select the lookup only vendors that we purchase this specific item from or does the lookup select any new PO? If any PO that could cause issues since someone may assign this item to a vendor that doesn't sell that item. 2) What if I wanted to create a New PO so I know I'm ordering from the correct vendor? Is this possible? Is this a setup option, cause I don't see where to create a new ...

Font size when composing new message.....
Hi there, I changed my font options in the Tools Menu and it does not seem to help. When I am composing a new message, my font and signature , which includes a business card, is huge!!!! And also when I pick a theme for stationary that i had put on there, it is huge too! You can't see it all! What is going on, anybody? Thanks for any help!! I'm betting that it is your zoom settings in the email. For Outlook 2007, with the email open, click on the Format Text tab - Zoom and change the setting. For Outlook 2003 and older, with the email open, click on View - Zoo...

Create a task based on Contract Expiration Date
Is there a way to create and assign a task in CRM for a given time period before a contract expiration date come due? I would like to have reps notified and proactivly contact customers weeks before contracts expire... ...

I need help with mfc doc/view
i'm a newbie to vc++ mfc and stuff ... and am working on a project of developing an IDE for a TCL script file which contains a statements that indicate the state flow of the application script. simply put this script can be diagramatically represented as a kind of STATE FLOW DIAGRAM. So .. i started with an SDI application that will enable a user to draw the state flow and save the diagramatic document. Now the IDE should essentially enable the user to create the script file from the diagram and vice versa. Therefore i need a text file kinda document support also for my SDI application. ...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

New Vista Update: KB 980248
Today, Thursday, I got a notice for an "important" update for Vista: KB 980248. Apparently it deals with fonts and Office 2010, and is 29 MB in size. Is this "important" update really necessary if I'll never use Office 2010 or would it tie in to other Vista core applications where it will be needed? The last thing we need is a large useless update, if that's what this really is. Thanks. EW http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_thread/thread/d22cf523e8dc5ba7/c862f368bee0d34e?q=Update+for+Windows+Vista+(KB98024...