Group / Ungroup Text Range

Hi - Have a template with a form in Word that is protected with Group (Under
Developer ribbon).  Also need to show spell check so I'm using Rich Text
Boxes.  To protect - selected the table they are in and used Group under the
Developer ribbon.  The user can click on a macro button and generate more of
the same rich text boxes.  (Kind of like an order form)  I had to add font to
the boxes because the print was coming out gray instead of black.

The problem is I went to add font to the duplicate boxes and an error comes
up:
"Run-time error 4605.  This method or property is not available because the
current selection is locked for format changes."

With VBA 6 - how do I unlock the group then lock it back up?

Jess

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

text as value in pivot table
I need to show some references in de form of A11_A11_1a in a table, and with the order given by each section of the references. I tried using pivot tables and sorting with the first and second sections. But the pivot table will show the count of occurring matches. How can I show the actual reference? Regards ...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Is full-text catalog needed?
I recently upgraded our SQL server that hosts CRM from 2000 to 2005 and I was getting errors whenever trying to do a full database backup of of the MSCRM database. It was erroring out on the Full-Text catalog. I got around this error by changing my backup from a full "database" backup to a full "File or Filegroup" backup and excluding the full-text catalog. I then learned that I could enable full-text indexing in order to stop getting errors on the full database backup. My question is, do I need to have full-text catalog enabled? We dont use KB articles. And what i...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

converting text to a formula
is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? I have built a series of cells using CONCATENATE to produce a text string for a vlookup formula - is there a way to now use this text as a working VLOOKUP formula? Thanks. West. -- West ------------------------------------------------------------------------ West's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277050 West Wrote: > is it possible to convert a text string to a formula? > > I have built a series of cells u...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

In Publisher can I change the shadow colour to the text
I am unable to change the shadow colour to the text in a text box moonstar1 <moonstar1@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am unable to change the shadow colour to the text in a text box You cannot. You must make a copy of the text box, make the original transparent, and change the text colour in the copy. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

Text in Excel is lost
I typed in some text in a cell, saved the workbook and moved on. When I went back into the document, I found that some of the text had been deleted in a number of cells. Sentences were cut off in the middle (and there was plenty of room in the cell so that's not the problem). Is there a setting that might have changed in the workbook that would have deleted text without me knowing? This is really weird. Maybe all the text was still in the cell, but you just couldn't see it. When you selected the cell, could you see all the text in the formulabar? If yes, you can add alt-ent...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Autoadjust range declaration coding when inserting rows
Is there a way to auto-adjust the range settings for when you add/delete rows to an Excel sheet? I'm trying to set up an easy way for end-users to show/hide blocks of information with a button, and I'm using the code below for each button: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim myRng As Range Set myRng = Me.Range("7:12") myRng.EntireRow.Hidden = Not (myRng(1).EntireRow.Hidden) End Sub Now, the problem is that these blocks of info will have extra lines inserted, which tends to break all of the coding. Is there some sort of adjustment to the coding that I ca...

Finding Dates in a date range
I have a column in a spreadsheet that consists of dates in dd/mm/yyyy format. I'm trying to write a formula that looks at the dates by row in the colum and if the date falls within a certain range (eg from 01/04/2004 to 01/06/2004) then I want to sum the values in another column. I've worked out that I need to use the sumif function but I can't work out how to analyse the date range. How do I tell the function to look at the dates in the column and if they are within a certain range to sum the values in another column. As I said, I'm pretty sure I need to use the sum...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Unbound Text Field
I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report. Since this report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the report itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks DS Which version of ACCESS are you using? What is the actual value that needs to be set in the textbox -- is it a fixed value, or a value from a form's textbox, or what? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "DS" <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote in message news:e1wPh.416$Hg1.311@newsfe12.lga... >I need to set he ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

enter multiple criteria via text box
This is probably really simple, but can anyone helps with this question? I have a table with a field called UnitCode, in which the data is always three letters followed by four numbers (eg ABC1234). I want to create a query which selects records from the table based on a value for UnitCode entered in a text box on a form, including wildcards. I have set up the criteria field for the UnitCode field in the query design view so that it reads Like Forms!FormName!TextBoxName This works if I have only one value in the text box, such as BIO2*. How can I make it select all records where Uni...

Excel converts text to formulas %@#$
I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their "auto" stuff leads to nothing but problems. Here is an example: I have to process data which come as CSV files and contain entries that look like multiplication e.g "3*4". Damn Excel can't handle these. Every chance it gets, it turns them into "=3*4" and displays "12". Any one knows how to kill this behaviour? Please share the knowledge. Henryk Birecki Henryk Birecki wrote... >I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their >"auto&q...