Default File Save As to .docm

At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application
level), how can you change the default file save as to be .docm rather than
..docx ?

Click Office button | Word Options, Save category. For "Save files in this
format," choose the desired format. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DavidB" <DavidB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At a template or document level (rather than at a group or application
> level), how can you change the default file save as to be .docm rather
> than
> .docx ?

0
Stefan

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

PowerPoint 2007 not playing sound files
Hi please can you help. When I link sound files to PowerPoint 2007 it shows them as being there but they do not play unless I embed them. I have tried everything, the only way I can get it to work is to package as CD and start from there, this seems to defeat the object. Please can anyone help before I pull all my hair out. Regards Steve Try putting the files into the same folder as you presentation and reinserting them to see if that makes a difference. I'm assuming .WAV files as they are the only sound files that are embedded. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - Power...

Data Validation Lookup List from Another File
Hi, Without duplicating the cell contents in the current spreadsheet (call it Template), is there anyway to have a dropdown list of items (starting in cell T38 and going down to T45) from another file ([Price_List.xls]License_Only!C2 to C whatever row which will change). Then, when the item is selected from the list in T38, lookup the cell to the left in row D of Price_List.xls and put it in S38. The reason I don't want to duplicate the cell contents in the current spreadsheet is because the file will be way too large to deal with. I hope that explains it well enough Thanks for any he...

open a prior publisher file
I need immediate help on how to open a prior version of publisher in the publisher 6.0. Do you have a current version of Publisher? Can your sender convert the file to another format? A PDF? If you don't have Publisher I will convert it to a PDF if you send it my way. mary-sauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mbrooks" <mbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3CEA1A7-F301-43B8-9424-27BC774E9C22@microsoft.com... >I need immediate help on how to open...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

.ost files
Hi Folks ; After Installation Office 2003 I accept my mails I guess in offline mode when I realize that and I change mode to online but during the offline I accept mails and approximetly 550 emails in .ost file ; now I want read this emails but I dont know how to read again this emails from .ost files ... Best regards are they ost or pst files? if ost, you should still have them in the mailbox - if pst, tools, open, outlook data file and open the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSta...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

O/T XMI Files
This post is not a C++ or MFC question, but I know most of the readers of this group will be able to help us out here. We are updating an interpreter DLL in our application and are looking for some sample files. Our Project Estimation tool imports XMI (UML) data from CASE tools such as Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose/XDE, Select etc. However we do not have licenses for all of the (many, many) CASE tools - we only use and have licenses for Enterprise Architect. Our product is complementary to CASE tools and does not compete with the CASE tools. We are approaching many tool vendors&#...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Opening a file for processing in MFC
How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline statements but I'm at a loss as to how to do this using MFC. I'm a Visual C++ student, so please excuse me if this is a really basic sounding question. Thanks! Jim wrote: > How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using > File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic > C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline st...

Editing XML files?
Does anyone know how to edit XML files to amend receipt template for receipt printing? Are there instructions anywhere about editing XML files and what kind of variables we can use - i.e. what is a variable to print customer's name on the receipt (the name stored in Customer Info in POS)? Thanks! This is best left to someone who is familiar with XML, although you could probably learn by example (look at the other .xml files to get an idea of how it works.) XML is a standard style of mark-up language, so anyone who is familiar with XML should be able to figure it out. There is a ...

End Cells
I am trying to reduce the file size of a file I am creating. It is currently at 3.6MB, with about 10 worksheets. I posted earlier and someone recommended hitting Ctrl-End on my sheets to see where it was that Excel thought the end of the data was. I did this with a few of the workbooks and the end appears to be out in the middle of nowhere. They then recommended that I delete all the columns and rows past my actual data and then save the file. I tried this but when I hit Ctrl-End on those sheets it still takes me way past my data ranges. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks i...

I can not open my exsisting files in publisher
Just recently publisher stops responding when I try to open an existing file. Perhaps the following will explain & resolve your issue: Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 Easy Fix: Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix (MS06-015)" to download a registry fix. Note: You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to safely run the scripted fix. Also, review the fo...

Conversion of .wks files to Excel
Is there a way to convert spreadsheets created using Microsoft Works for use in Microsoft Excel 2002. The .wks files are on a CD and were created on a Windows ME system which is no longer usable, so I do not know what version of WORKS was used. I am running Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Windows XP system. Hi a repost from Ken Wright to convert MS Works files: ----- Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, ..csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Check if Excel file is already open
I need to check if an Excel file is already open. How do i do this? thank u Hi Look at this: Sub Test() If Not IsWbOpen("Book1.xls") then Workbooks.Open("Book1.xls") End If End Sub Function IsWbOpen(WbName As String) As Boolean For Each wb In Application.Workbooks If wb.Name = WbName Then IsWbOpen = True Exit For End If Next End Function Regards, Per "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:SpEZm.119911$gg6.52009@newsfe25.iad... >I need to check if an Excel file is alr...

Changing READ ONLY files
When I have worked on a spreadsheet on my computer and saved it to a CD/RW and then given it to someone else to open on their computer to work on, they end up having to rename the file and get the message that it is READ ONLY. Is this an automatic default that's causing the files to be READ ONLY? Sometimes I'm able to get around this by changing the attributes and deselecting READ ONLY, but other times I get messages saying I can't change the attributes. I have now opened each spreadsheet and gone to the TOOLS/SHARE WORKBOOK and then saved the file in the hopes that th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...