date mask via vba?

Anyone have any code to simulate a date mask on a Word form that works like a
date mask on an Access form. i.e. slashes are automatically entered as user
types a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy

If this is a protected form field, set its property type to Date and apply a
mask. Protect the form, then any valid date input will be converted to match
your mask. No vba required.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"DavidP" <DavidP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have any code to simulate a date mask on a Word form that works
> like a
> date mask on an Access form. i.e. slashes are automatically entered as
> user
> types a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy

0
Graham
4/19/2010 2:08:40 PM
I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about form fields in a document?

I'm talking about forms in the VBA editor. Maybe I should have said a field
on a UserForm.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If this is a protected form field, set its property type to Date and apply a
> mask. Protect the form, then any valid date input will be converted to match
> your mask. No vba required.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "DavidP" <DavidP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone have any code to simulate a date mask on a Word form that works
> > like a
> > date mask on an Access form. i.e. slashes are automatically entered as
> > user
> > types a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy
>

> .

You could use the Change event for the TextBox control to do this, but it
might be a bit tricky to implement and not really worth the effort. I'd
probably go with formatting (and validation) on the Exit event. First use
the IsDate function to make sure the .Value is a date, and then use the
Format function and "mm/dd/yyyy" to format the value. I can post some code
if you need it, but you should be able to find enough information in the VBA
help to get you started. Look for the topics on the Exit event, the IsDate
function and the Format function.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix

> I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about form fields in a
> document?
>
> I'm talking about forms in the VBA editor. Maybe I should have said a
> field
> on a UserForm.
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> If this is a protected form field, set its property type to Date and
>> apply a
>> mask. Protect the form, then any valid date input will be converted to
>> match
>> your mask. No vba required.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "DavidP" <DavidP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Anyone have any code to simulate a date mask on a Word form that works
>> > like a
>> > date mask on an Access form. i.e. slashes are automatically entered as
>> > user
>> > types a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy
>>

>> .

0
Gordon

filter by date and action

very slow synchronization w/ exchange server via vpn even w/ cable connection
Yesterday I was able to use a dial-up connection to synchronize to the exchange server at the office using Outlook 2003 and the SonicWall VPN. It worked, even though it was at dial-up speed. Today, even when I'm using a cable modem connection, my synchronizing works, but its even slower than the dial-up! It takes about 45- 60 minutes to email one message, and sometimes it doesn't email at all. I used Netzero to dial-up last night, and I'm guessing that something happened in between switching from using Netzero to using the exchange server via VPN and cable modem. Any sugge...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Excel 2003 - VBA
How do I check a cell to see if there is a #N/A or #REF in a VBA routine? Craig Use the IsError() function with a cell reference inside the parentheses, such as IsError(Range("A1")) Cell Error Values You can insert a cell error value into a cell or test the value of a cell for an error value by using the CVErr function. The cell error values can be one of the following XlCVError constants. Constant Error number Cell error value xlErrDiv0 2007 #DIV/0! xlErrNA 2042 #N/A xlErrName 2029 #NAME? xlErrNull 2000 #NULL! xlErrNum 2036 #NUM! xlE...

cannot add modal dialog box to VBA
Hello: I'm trying the add to VBA the dialog box that pops up when an end user clicks the Delete button in the Payables Transaction Entry window in GP 9.0. I am trying to do so by clicking the Ctrl+F11 keys. This is the standard way of adding a modal box to VBA. But, when I next click Shift+F11 to add the Delete button, nothing happens. In other words, GP is adding neither the dialog box nor the Delete button to VBA. I have done this successfully before in prior versions of GP. But, I cannot get this to be successful here. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! childofthe1980s &quo...

if statement with dates #2

How to write networking code in VBA?
I am quite familiar with BSD networking API. But I don't know the first thing about network programming in VBA. I've done a Google search, and I will continue to do so. But so far, I have not found a concrete example (that I can access). I would very much appreciate some hand-holding. Here is what I want to do in a macro. It's really very rudimentary. on error goto done connect(TCP) to ipAddress:portNumber for each line (read from a file or otherwise provided by the macro) send line (terminated by \r\n on the wire) recv response (one line terminated by \r...

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

Controls in VBA
Hello, i'd like to make more smart my controls in my VBA project. Instead of Windows Forms 2.0 which ist the primary option when using Windows Forms I am trying to use the controls of Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP6). In particular: ListView, ListviewControl, ImageList, ImageCombo... and I'm experiencing problems when using these controls. I´d like to show a list of mails and an special icon associated depending of the sender. This ist not possible with Windows Forms 2.0 and that's why i'm exploring this option. Is it maybe not recommend the ...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

PivotTable question
Thanks Debra, For some reason when on that Date field button in the Pivot table & choose the Group & Show Detail > Group I get a "Cannot group that selection" pop up message. I'll give the other tips a shot, I'm sure those will work. thanks again -- -= cj = ----------------------------------------------------------------------- -= cj =-'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26305 If the date column contains text, or blank cells, you'll see th...

Incorrect date in creation date field
I am having an issue when creating a template I am trying to use the date field called creation date but when it is inerted into the document it shows an incorrect date? For example the file was created and saved on May 26, 2006 but the creation date field show November 26, 2002. Has anyone else seen this problem? ...

Last Balanced Date
Does anyone know a quick way to get a list of accounts and the last date they were balanced? I'm finding myself having to select each account and manually check to see if it is up to date. I would think there would be a report of some kind that would display this somewhere, but I can't seem to find one. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...Skip Skip, I've been thinking of the same exact question ever since I made the upgrade from Money 2004 to 2005. The ability to see the last balanced date across all accounts did exist in the 2004 version, and it was very useful. It...