create a macro that finds certain words in doc then pste - excell

i am looking to create a macro that finds certain words in a word doc then
cuts and pastes them into an ecxell spreadsheet.

What have you come up with so far?

--
Gerry

Fumei2

Help with macro #6
Good evening: Is it possible to insert a formula in the below listed MACRO. [Column D is always a date. I need Column F to display a date 14 days greater] Thanks in advance John Sub EnterGrievance() ' ' EnterGrievance Macro ' Macro recorded 2/25/2008 by John Donadio ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+c 'Range("A12").Select Dim FromRng As Range Dim ToRng As Range With Worksheets("Data Sheet") Set FromRng = .Range("A12:M12") End With With Worksheets("Grievance Log") Set ToRn...

create a roster

macro problem with Word 2001
Whenever I attach a Word 2001 document to an email and send it to someone using PC, the PC user's computer interprets the macros as a virus. How can I a) disable macros on Word or b) send it in a way that the PC will not interpret it as a virus? Thanks for any help Hi Unless you are intentionally making Word documents with Macros it is almost certain that you are indeed sending documents that have a virus. If your Word documents are supposed to have macros, then your audience needs to adjust the security settings on their computer in Word (Tools > Options > Security > Ma...

VBA Question
Hi, I have a form with a combobox control that list some sizes. They are: 12 18 20 22 I have another text box for keying a custom size, such as 12'2". What I would like to do is have the combobox default to the next size (in this case 18). Here's the code I have used so far (it does a little more than what I am asking for but to give an idea): Dim MCUST As String MCUST = Me.custwidth If Str(Me.widthck) <> Me.custwidth Or Len(Me.custwidth) <> Len(Me.widthck) Then Me.widthck.Value = Int(Val(MCUST)) + 1 If InStr(Int(Me.widthck) / 2, ".&...

Task Create - Status

Macro that inserts lines
I have this macro that inserts a line if the value in D changes and copy the value in D to A. I want this macro to only start looking in D14 or from row 14. tx for all the help Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 2 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "D").Value <> _ Cells(row_index + 1, "D").Value Then Cells(row_index + 1, "D").EntireRow.Insert _ (xlShiftDown) Cells(row_index + 1, 1).Value = Cells(row_index + ...

Create external database

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How to create pie chart with %

Outlook Word Editor Curser Default
While typing an email in Outlook 2003 using MS Word editor, the curser goes to another location if you hesitate while composing the email. This drives a person crazy because you can't take your eyes off the screen for a moment. There is an option setting to set the curser off the default setting meaning the curser goes the message box automatically. This fixed it a over year ago, but when I downloaded updates the setting regressed back and I forgot how to correct this problem. HELP!! ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

I cant find my send button
Does anyone how where the send button is?? Check and see if your views are correct. When you have a new message open, click view, then toolbars and make sure there is a check mark next to the word standard. That should bring up the toolbar with the send button Angela >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. > >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone how where the send button is?? >. >Look on your Toolbar for ">>" and a down arrow. If you hold your pointer on it, it should say "more buttons." Click on...

when form created

Macro to insert Hard Space (character 160)?
Hello, Is there a very simple macro out there that would let me insert character 160 (the hard space) into the current cell? I am looking for something like this because I want to be able to apply "accountant single" and "accountant double" underlining to a blank cell, and Excel seems to demand that some text be IN the cell before it will underline it. The hard space works perfectly, but it would be nice to be able to automate it. Many thanks for any advice, Edward Mendelson Sub HardSpace() ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value & Chr(160) End Sub Jerry Edward...

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Enabling Macro But Hiding Sheets
I have created a simple macro that basically when a button is clicked i takes you to a certain page in the workbook. Is it possible to hide this page for different users. But when a use with the correct password comes he can click the button and he will b taken to the hidden page. Is it posible to do something like this along those line -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It's possible, and if you search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* you'll find many ways to do this. You should know, however, that none of the methods will ...

Creating an ad book