Compile VBA script to make it portable to other computers

Hi,
I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and
headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How
this can be done? Is there a way to compile script?
0
huk

"huk" <piotr.huk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I made a Word VBA script, which doing various operations on file and
> headers, footers, etc and i want to move it to other computers. How
> this can be done? Is there a way to compile script?

Distributing macros to other users
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DistributeMacros.htm

--
Regards
Jonathan West

0
Jonathan

compiling tables
Hi I have a long list of names (col D) and a date (col G) when they attended a course. Every person needs to attend a refresher course within 12 months. I am trying to predetermine who will be on the course in 12 months time, plus or minus a week or two, the problem is the course may have 12 persons attending or 6 depending on the number of trainers. Several courses are available on a rolling basis. I guess this is a queuing problem. So far I have worked out the lapse time in days (col J), and the rank (Col K) then I used: =OFFSET(D$11,MATCH(SMALL(K$11:K$38,ROW()-ROW(M$11)+1),K$11:K$38,0)...

MFC requires C++ compilation (change the compilation setting to
c:\microsoft visual studio\vc98\mfc\include\afx.h(15) : fatal error C1189: #error : MFC requires C++ compilation (use a .cpp suffix) One of my vc6 project has the above error, I check the file, one of my file(myfile.c) include a file util.h which is written in MFC format including .h and .cpp file and all other files are written in c language ,are ..c file and do not have c++ syntax. I compile all the files separately, only the myfile.c have the above error. It seems that I need to change the compilation setting to c++ compile setting to meet the requirement of MFC Class. It seem...

VBA/Modifier Customization Question
For one of my clients, I've used Modifier to add a button to a the Customer Maintenance form in GP 10 (Cards >> Sales >> Customer). I've also created some VBA code which brings up an input box when that button is pressed. When the form is loaded from the Cards Menu, the form works as it should, but when it is loaded from another form (for example, selecting Customer Maintenance from the Customer ID shortcut on the Invoice Entry form), the Input Box opens automatically, as if the button was pressed. I implemented a work-around by creating a boolean varible called IsNe...

VBA in Access
Can anyone recommend good books or websites illustrating the basics of VBA programming in Access 2003. I am talking about simple (??) things like : when a Yes/No box is checked then hide a textbox on a form, print duplicate copies from a command button, etc. Thanks Sandy ...

Need help with excel autofill VBA style
Hi everyone, I need help with autofill. The situation is that I have an excel spreadsheet that contain 2 worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. The sheet1 basically contains just raw data; while sheet2 contains a number formula that are used for calculation. <Sheet1> <Sheet2> A B A B 1 2 1 1 Sum AVG 2 3 9 2 =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) =SUM(Sheet1!A1:Sheet1!B1) 3 7 1 3 4 8 2 4 The question is that I want to write a VBA script that will autofill the formula in colum...

Dialog Box in VBA
hello, I have the following instruction in a VBA formula: For i = lastrow To 193 Step -1 I would like, if possible, to have a dialog box in VBA that woud read the following: "I = last To 193 Step -1" "Do you want to replace it ?" Then I'll need a field that would allow me to replace it with a new "I". Is that possible ? Jeff newLastRow = InputBox("I =" & lastRow & " To 193 Step -1 -- Type a new number to replace it ?") If newLastRow <> "" Then lastRow = newLastRow -- HTH RP "Jeff" <Jeff@di...

how to prevent duplicate message in a PST for Two Different Computers?
I tried to synchronize my email through copying a PST from my desktop to my laptop. but when I opened the PST in outlook2003 on my laptop and connected to internet, outlook always downloaded all the message again even if PST has all these messages. so I have to delete all the duplicate message. it is a pain to do it manually everyday. I think one way is to delete the message on server once it is downloaded to local computer. but I can not do it since I need to keep some important messages on server. any comment is highly appreciated. John Kerry <fangchun@mchsi.com> wrote: &g...

How to make the cursor stay in the cell when entering data.
I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I have entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools > Options > Edit > Uncheck Move selection after entry > OK HTH Regards, Howard "Comet" <Comet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF27C0-4F12-4E72-9FAE-93B79515AB1F@microsoft.com... >I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I >have > entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools - Options - Edit tab - uncheck the box "Move selecti...

Compiler
Is there a compiler available for Access applications, specifically for Access 2003/2007? -- Peter Marshall Manager Information Services Ohio Coatings Company I would be interested in what you are really asking for, but the compiler for Access (all versions) is built-in to the program and is available when you are in the code window by going to DEBUG > COMPILE xxx. There is no external compiler and doesn't need to be. If you are asking if you can make it an exe file, the answer is no. You can use the Access runtime and the developer extensions to create an installation pac...

make checks on the fly a double entry through accounts payable
with checks on the fly the step of posting to accounts payable is bypassed and this creates an out of balance issue between the cash account and the GL cash account ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

how do i make a carpet plot using excel?
how do i make a carpet plot using excel? an excel template would really help. Is this what you want? http://poet.lbl.gov/phase2/BPlots.htm#plot1 It's ugly, but I suppose a 3D area chart is ugly enough. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frzzy" <Frzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62F201DA-8466-47C1-90C9-4B3227708594@microsoft.com... > how do i make a carpet plot using excel? an excel template would really > help. ...

Blank.potm with vba
I have a template ‘blank.potm’ with a macro ‘btnActionPPt’. With the custom UI Editor I have made a new tab ‘Name’ with a button with a onaction=’btnActionPPT’(XML). If I open the blank.potm, it works perfect. The vba-macro open a new powerpoint-template. However, if I start powerpoint, the tab ‘Name’ is active, but the button give a error that te macro do not found. In te vba-editor there the macro is active. In Word it works correct. Who can help me? Dick In article <AC1773F4-380F-4393-BA76-4EBC7559F06D@microsoft.com>, Dick wrote: > I have a template �blank.po...

compile
Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? Thank You Take a look here http://orlando.mvps.org/index.asp#XLtoExe -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Duplatt" <Duplatt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ABBCD9E-991C-4848-8E7E-5C1A1F1D2574@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to somehow compile a program done with excel 2007 ? > Thank You THANKS Bob This probably will not make it a 'stand alone' program. I used a program ( Super Calc -- Dos) in the early 80's that had a compiler built in. Worked great fo...

VBA window keeps opening
Outlook 2007 I created quite a few macros that will open some e-mail templates. They are in a menu on the Menu bar. The problem is when I leave my computer and come back, the VBA window is open. It is simple enough to close it, but why does it keep popping open? Any suggestions to stop it from opening would be appreciated. Thanks, -- Amy ...

VBA #3
Hi! How can I remove via VBA code any extra characters like - Enter (Chr(10)), +, - and just keep the text that was originally present in the cell. TIA I'm not sure how you would know what was in the cell originally. If I were cleaning a bunch of cells, I'd record a macro while I did it manually and modify it. I got something like: Selection.Replace What:="+", Replacement:=" ", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False (I replaced + with " " (spacebar).) And change the "+" to chr(10) to get the alt-enter. Yo...

Libs needing each others to compile.
Hi, I am taking over a project and the first thing I noticed it that the project does not compile properly. if I have 3 .lib files and one .exe file. A.lib needs B.lib but, B.lib needs A.lib to compile. (C.lib needs both A.lib and B.lib). How can this be done? This is obviously wrong, ( I think), but before I make a fool out of myself I just want to check. Is it possible to achieve the above? compile two .lib files that need each others before they even exist? The way they used to compile it was using the previously created lib file to compile. And I guess at some stage they added li...

Converting VBA Code
I've recently converted to Access 2007 from Access 2000. Some of the simplest procedures no longer work in my updated databases. For example DoCmd.Maximize as an event procedure in the OnOpen event or DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "HouseholdItems", acNewRec in the OnLoad event. When I open the form in question it opens to the first record and in minimized format. I've tried re-entering the code and still get the same result. Is there a simple change that the conversion failed to accomplish? Is there a simple fix? Thanks for the help. Dave from Victoria Dave, yo...

How to make Visio discard cropped data
The Visio Crop tool appears to be more of a Mask tool. It does not really crop anything. I loaded a large bitmap file into Visio and cropped it down to a small portion in the middle. When I saved and closed the file, I was surprised that the file size did not shrink. When I reopened it, I discovered that I could uncrop the image. Is there some way I can tell Visio to discard the cropped material? I need to extract some small segments from some large graphics files. I don't want to store all that extra junk. Thanks -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) You need to use a r...

How to records that the date field = todays date in VBA
DATE CODE DESCRIPTION OLD NEW UOM ------------- ------- ---------------------------------------- ----- ------ ------ 3/26/2010 *1438 ETHYL-2-METHYL BUTYRATE(E) 8.14 9.15 KG 4/6/2010 *0068 BENZYL BENZOATE(E)(I43) 5.00 6.00 KG How do I program in VBA to set the print area that the date field is today's date? Thanks. PC Did you only want todays date or did you want everything up to todays date? What if there is more than one instance of todays date? What if they are not con...

"Declare Function" in VBA code on Mac OS X
Has anyone been able to call an external function on Mac OS X from VBA code? I can do it just fine on Windows to either OS functions or my own code placed in a DLL. If I attempt this on a Mac, even with the example in the help file, it doesn't work. I usually complains that the file cannot be found. The example appears to be from OS 9 anyway. Does anyone have a concrete example, such as a function that returns its argument plus one, and code to back it up? Thanks. Answered elsewhere: please don't mullti-post On 1/12/06 3:03 AM, in article f40um2hjs3r5ickos1tprnj1l5g7b16ha7@4ax....

WORD 2007 Template with VBA
Hi Folks, I have a template that I use to capture input from users who are requesting a scan. That template worked fine under 2003 and I was able to get it to run in 2007. However, when I tried to recreate the functionality starting from scratch in WORD 2007 I had problems. I have some VBA code that I use to interrogate an ancillary file which contains a number. I increment that number by one and place it into the Word document. Then I used content controls to prompt the user for information. When I "Open" the .dotm file all of the content controls and legacy c...

VBA find in string
I'm trying to determine what type of park the different National Parks are using the following function. obvisously i'm doing something wrong. in the formula bar i entered =CalcValue(c2) but it returns #value. Module1-> Function CalcValue(MyCell as String) As String If InStr(0, MyCell, "National Park") Then CalcValue = "NP" ElseIf InStr(0, MyCell, "Historic") Then CalcValue = "HP" ElseIf InStr(0, MyCell, "Military") Then CalcValue = "MP" ElseIf InS...

Opening a Dynamics Window with Modifier VBA
Hello, Is it possible to open another Dynamics form with Modifier and VBA? Specifically, for example, I would like to add a button through modifier to the Customer Maintenance Window that will open the Employee Maintenance window using VB code (assuming the Employee Maintenance window is not already open). Thanks! Tom Yes, it is possible. Add the Customer Maintenance and Employee Maintenance windows to VBA. You can then use the following code in your button's change script: If EmployeeMaintenance.IsLoaded = False Then EmployeeMaintenance.Open End If Best regards, -- MG.- M...

VBA in Excel to operate word
In excel VBA I need to open up a particular word document, save it as a different name then step back into vba for excel. Can anyone right an example piece of code that works for this? Thanks If that's all you're doing, it might be easier just using filecopy. FileCopy Source:="c:\myoldfolder\doc1.doc", _ Destination:="c:\mynewfolder\doc2.doc" HHH wrote: > > In excel VBA I need to open up a particular word document, save it as a different name then step back into vba for excel. Can anyone right an example piece of code that works for this? > Than...

Spare time? Make Spare $ Now
http://malibuplasa.com/ The easiest home based business on earth. Call TOLL FREE and ask to hear our 9 min audio. Hear why you can�t let this one pass you by. US/CAN: 1-888-230-7531 ext 51962 AUS: 1800-210-569 ext 51962 UK: 0808-234-1350 ext 51962 Other: +1-602-343-2206 ext 51962 http://malibuplasa.com/ Thanks for looking. -- Unlimited Shopping! No Lines No Crowds All At ONE LOCATION http://malibuplasa.com Unlimited Choices Thousands of Stores Huge Selection Super Deals ...