We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then
adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in Word
2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation it
happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it down
to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing.

We are using COM AddIn written in VB6.

Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word
2007 that could cause such an error.

Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugging output for word
to allow us to diagnose the issue as the word crash bypasses all of our
exception handling.

current - Word 2002 sp3

target - Word 2007 sp2

Given that Word 2002 and Word 2007 handle autotext quite differently from
one another, you will need to re-design your add-in to take account of the
differences.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"torranca" <torranca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then
> adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in
> Word
> 2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation
> it
> happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it
> down
> to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing.
>
> We are using COM AddIn written in VB6.
>
> Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word
> 2007 that could cause such an error.
>
> Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugging output for
> word
> to allow us to diagnose the issue as the word crash bypasses all of our
> exception handling.
>
> current - Word 2002 sp3
>
> target - Word 2007 sp2

0
Graham

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Windows server 2000 strange crash
Hi, i have a strange problem in my network, 1 dc 2000 server which is also dhcp server and dns server ,and 1 member server 2003 acting as fileserver. When rebooting the dc, it will work properly. Running dcdiag and netdiag will not show any problems, all tests passing, no errors, no warnings. But after 14 hours (at night when nobodys working), the DC simple stops findind himself...running netdiag gives dc_list and ldap errors, dcdiag wont even run, gives just an error 31 with ldap. After this, i get replication errors, problems with connectivity, leading to server stop responding...

Percent issues in 2007
We just converted to Office 2007, so that could be my issue. Here is my problem: I have a field called "Percent Discount" with a field size set to Single and no decimal places. On theform, the user types in 10% into the field (2007 automatically enters the % sign). The next field is an expression =[Amount]-[Dollar Discount]-[Percent Discount] (The user can give a dollar discount or a percent discount depending on their needs). It is only subtracting 1% rather than 10%. How do I get it to both show 10% for the user and subtract the 10% from the amount? On Feb 25, 11:19=A0am, MuzicK....

3 Panel Brochure in Pub 2002
Forgive my pure ignorance, but can you create a 3 panel brochure with Publisher 2002? I can only find the book fold. Regards, Pete Sure, just pick a blank page, landscape orientation, menu Arrange > Layout Guides, make the Layout Guides to suit your brochure and then make 3 panels to suit. There are plenty of Templates in Publisher 2002. -- Thank you sir, I was tearing my hair out until you saved the day. :) ...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Hard drive crash
I had a hard drive crash. I have recovered the files bt can not open Money from them. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Elamt wrote: >I had a hard drive crash. I have recovered the files bt can not open Money >from them. Any ideas? You will need to install Microsoft Money. What you do may be affected by the version, but in no case will an older version open a file from a newer version. Save the *.mny and *.mbf files from the crashed hard drive. Make an extra copy in case your new media fails. ...

Can't Upgrade from 2004 to 2005
Hi! Several months ago, a creeping corruption problem that caused me to spend weeks manually reconstructing transactions, destroyed my confidence in Money's ability to maintain my data. When I tried to updgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005, it insisted that I disable bill pay and that it would re-enable it. Instead of re-enabling bill pay on the same account, it created a new empty account and attached bill pay to that. There is no obvious way to correct this and the new help system is totally useless. In the few days I had Money 2005 I never found a single answer to a question i...

MSN BillPay and Money 2007 #2
Has anyone had any experience with setting up MSN BillPay in Microsoft Money 2007? From Managing Online Services within Money 2007 I signed up for MSN BillPay and have my user name and password to make payments but limited to using the MSN Web Site. When I try to enter this info in Money 2007 to activate MSN billpay online services I get a message saying that I must have "special sign-in information" other than the web based user name/password and points me back to the MSN Web Site for the needed info. My problem is that I cannot find any mention of this special sign-in on any of t...

integration with Outlook 2003: slower on XP than W2K? after upgrade?
Hi, I have a VB.NET (2.0) application that integrates with Outlook 2003. I have windows XP SP2. The users had Windows 2000, and Office 2000. They upgraded (!) to Office 2003. But: - an action that takes 0,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 4-5 seconds - an action that takes 2,5 seconds on my pc, takes them 8-9 seconds So for a test we completely desinstalled Office 2003, and did a full re-install of 2003 on a system. Performance increased with +- 30%: times are now 2,5 seconds and 6 seconds. But still much more than my 0,5 and 2,5.... What's the reason of this performance-problem? The ...

Change in paste behaviout between Publisher 2000 and 2002-
I also have the same problem. I use publisher to print ID cards and every day paste about 100 images from a graphics program into the same sized text box in Publisher. With all versions of Publisher up to and including 2000 the pasted image would resize itself to the text frame. This being what I need. With Publisher 2002 onwards the pasted image pastes itself into a new frame on top of the existing image and much larger. I then have to delete the existing image and resize the new image, which takes much much longer than using Publisher 2000. If Microsoft provided an option somewhere to cho...

Export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML
When I export Outlook 2007 Calendar to HTML, "save as web page", only the first appointment of any day is shown in the HTML version of the Calendar. Can I show more appointments? Am I doing somthing wrong? is there an alternate template I can use? Thanks Grant@cgs ...

Money 2002 died
Money was working on Sat. Feb. 14th in the AM. When I tried to open it later, I saw a DOS box flash on the screen, same as other posters in a lower thread. Now I can't open Money. I tried to do a reinstall, but can't find MONEY.MSI. Ran a virus scan on Sat. night (McAfee) and no virus was found. Install Quicken Premier 2004, but unless I can open Money, I can't import the data from my back-up disk. WTF has happened here? I had the same thing happen today 2/15. Last night 2/14 the software was working, but this morning "NOTHING", notta, zilch! The wife said a dia...

Html Tags for Specific Words in a Cell

Microsoft Office Word has stopped working 02-03-10
Please help find a fix - Using Microsoft 7 on new Dell XPS 9000 super fast computer...Often when I try to open a Word Doc or start a new one I get "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working; Microsoft is checking for a soluttion" message and later a red circle with a white X "There was a problem sending the command to the program." Sometimes everything works fine, more often it doesn't. Sometimes if I double click I can open a document; sometimes I need to click and then click OPEN to get to the doc and sometimes neither works. I've tried reinstalling....

Mail Merge Word 2007
I've created a mail merged document from an Access 2007 database. I've inserted a field from the database that I want to have as bold. In every other part of the document that happens (it bold's) except in one place in the middle of a paragraph. Any idea? Why would the bold format take in every other part of the document for that field but not in the middle of a particular paragraph? The field properties are identical throughout the word file were that field has been inserted. Any help is greatly appreciated! (8^>)-]=[ Sorry I got my answer \*Charform...

is there any way to open access 2003 files in 2007 ??
I am a student using access 2003 at college, I have access 2007 at home. I am unable to open any 2003 db files using 2007, there appear to be compatability issues...is there a quick fix ? Access 2003 .mdb files should open in Access 2007. I do it all the time. However Access 2007 .accdb files will NOT open in Access 2003. I tell my Access 2007 students that they MUST use 2007 to do the homework. What kind of error are you getting? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Andrew" wrote: > I am...

changing the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007
How do I change the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007? The method used in previous versions of word do not apply as the options (under format) have changed. I find the size is too small Thanks -- melthamdave Well, for one thing Word 2007 is a Windows version & this is the newsgroup for Word on the Mac :-) However, it makes no difference � the font size in any of the dialog windows/panes/panels cannot be modified. For future reference you can reach the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Reg...

Why Does Excel 2007 not allow the entry of a date in the Axis Opti
I am attempting to enter a date to set the Min and/or Max value in the Axis Options in a Line Chart. This is for the Vertical Axis. When I enter a date ex 1/18/10 or 1/18/2010 in the Axis Options in a Line Chart on the vertical axis, the value reverts to the original date code 40181.0 which is 1/3/10. I used to be able to enter a date here and it would convert it. How Can I get this to do it. Am I entering the information wrong. My older version of excel (2002) I could even enter just the month and day if I wanted the current year. ex 1/18 would have been sufficient and the...

Outlook 2002 attachments #5
I have noticed that when i get an email, sometimes my attachments show up in the body of the email and sometimes they show up under the subject field as icons.. My question is why does it vary and is there anything i can do to change it? Justin wrote: > I have noticed that when i get an email, sometimes my > attachments show up in the body of the email and > sometimes they show up under the subject field as icons.. > > My question is why does it vary and is there anything i > can do to change it? It depends on the format your senders send their email in: if Rich tex...

Frozen File in Publisher 2007 w/ Vista
I opened several files only to find them frozen and unable to edit. When I tried to ungroup it said the oject was an imported picture. Like the last question on this subject, I checked to see if the product was activated and it was. The Pulisher 2007 version is on a brand new HP Pavillion dv9000 laptop. Any suggestions? Is it a trial version? Even though it was activated there is a time limit if Office is a trial version. The clue is the brand new laptop... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DSV" <...

OL 2002: Inbox Probem
Outlook 2002 on XP Pro with Office Sevice Pack 2 installed. Outlook becomes "not responding" immediately after selecting any email that contains an attachment. Any remedies short of uninstalling/reinstalling Outlook 2002 are welcomed! Thanks. Mike ...

IEnumUnknown->Next method causes a crash in MFC 7.1 (VS .net 2003)
Hi, I have a couple of ActiveX controls inserted in my MFC (MFC 7.1) dialog along with 2 buttons. I used "EnumObjects" method on the ole container to enumerate the Embedded ole objects. I could get to the IUnknown pointers of the ole objects that i inserted in the dialog. But after returning IUnknown pointers for the activex controls (i inserted), the IEnumUnknown->Next method still tries return some uninitialized object and eventually causes a crash. I used the following piece of code to enumerate the objects in the ole container. hr = pOleObj->GetClientSite( &pCl...

Access 2007 Detail Not Visible
Hi All, We jsut upgraded to Office 2007. I have a form that uses the detail section. In the design the data is visible, but when I execute the form, the detail is gone. The Access database is a frontend to a SQL database and uses stored procedures instead of queries. Any idea on how to get this detail visible again? Thanks Chad The detail section of a form disappears if there are no records to display, and no new records can be added. Details: Why does my form go completely blank? at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-20.html If it worked in a previous ...