We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then
adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in Word
2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation it
happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it down
to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing.

We are using COM AddIn written in VB6.

Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word
2007 that could cause such an error.

Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugging output for word
to allow us to diagnose the issue as the word crash bypasses all of our
exception handling.

current - Word 2002 sp3

target - Word 2007 sp2

Given that Word 2002 and Word 2007 handle autotext quite differently from
one another, you will need to re-design your add-in to take account of the
differences.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"torranca" <torranca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a word add in that programatically inserts an auto text table then
> adds rows to it. This works ok in Word 2002 but occasionally crashes in
> Word
> 2007 - this is not a consistent crash when we carry out the same operation
> it
> happens in no specific sequence. The only place we are able to track it
> down
> to is the auto text table inserting rows. Word itself is crashing.
>
> We are using COM AddIn written in VB6.
>
> Does anyone know of any key differences/issues between Word 2002 and Word
> 2007 that could cause such an error.
>
> Or is there a better way to attach a debugger/word debugging output for
> word
> to allow us to diagnose the issue as the word crash bypasses all of our
> exception handling.
>
> current - Word 2002 sp3
>
> target - Word 2007 sp2

0
Graham

Microsoft Word Starts Only in Safe Mode after Adobe Acrobat Instal
Microsoft Word will only start in Safe Mode ever since Adobe Acrobat was installed. It seems related to Adobe's automatic installation of toolbar objects in both Outlook and Word. Word reports that there were problems starting Word and tries to recover documents. It then wants to send an error message to Microsoft and then refuses to open unless the Safe mode is chosen. Anybody have this problem before? Any ideas on what the resolution is? I have suggestions on how to remove the annoying Adobe toolbar objects, but no suggestions on how to get Word to open in regular...

RSG in EXchagne 2007
IS the recovery storage group that was in EX 2003 in Ex 2007? If so how do i enable it? I cant see were to do this. Thanks "Recovering Mailboxes and Individual Items Exchange 2007 provides additional flexibility with regard to how you can recover mailboxes. This flexibility is made possible using features such as the recovery storage group. You can also help protect mailbox data on the client side with the Cached Exchange Mode feature of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007". It's a function of the Disaster Recovery Tools, located under the Toolbox. Run the Database Recovery...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

MS Word
EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? Roger Migdow <roger@rm-pro.com> wrote: > EVEN WHEN I CLICK THE INVISIBLES BUTTON, THEY REMAIN ON, HOW > DO YOU TUEN THEM OFF? What version of Word do you use? What do you mean by "the invisibles button"? The button to hide/show the nonprinting characters (tabs, spaces and so on)? If so, have a look under "view" in the preferences menu . Are the non-printing characters that you want to turn off checked? If so, uncheck them! The hide/show nonprinting characters button only t...

My MS Publisher 2002 booklet passes printers OK
And I mean the official printing company who will print out the booklet for the reunion. Yippppeee I took a CD of what I have and they could open the file. Whew. Just wanted everyone here to know I appreciated the help you gave me along the way. AnnE in MN Good news, AnnE, wish we could take a look at it. Maybe you can convert it to a PDF and put it on a web site. Thanks for your update, it is great to know. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AnnE" <AnnE@spam.proof.com> wrote in me...

Can I open the source record stored in a Multiple value Combo box field, Access 2007
Hi there! I pose another question in the hope of finding someone who can advise me on a possible solution!!?? I have developed an Access database for logging and monitoring IT Support Issues and would like to be able to perform the following task on an Access 2007 form: 1). I have created a form where the users and IT team can enter all the information that relates to an individual IT issue. On this form there is a tab title 'Related Cases' this is a number field in the table 'Cases' and is set to Long Integer with the display control selected as 'Combo Box' this fi...

Installing Office 2000 (Word) on XP with pre-installed 2007
I installed my copy of Office 2000 on a 6-months old XP computer that had Office 2007 pre-installed. Thereafter, Excel 2000 works but when I open Word 2000, I get a blank document, as expected, but no tools or buttons at the top. I believe 2000 is trying to use tool files from 2007. I have tried to load Office 2000 into its own directory named "Microsoft Office 2000" but the install does not allow me to select the program files subdirectory. Could I temporarily change the "\Microsoft Office" subdirectory name which contains Office 2007 to "\Microsoft ...

sharing calendar in Outlook 2007
Just installed Office 2007, running Exchange 2003 SP2 on the back end. I'm trying to share my calendar with a user on the network, Outlook tries to send him an invite, I check the box that says "allow recipient to view your calendar", but Outlook comes up with the error "Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network" and it lists the user I want to give access to. I went to the properties of my calendar and set the permissions manually so that user is listed as a "reviewer" of my calendar, bu...

Word 2007 type Features
Still finding my way around the type features in word 2007. I would like to: - generate type that has one color on its face and a different color on the sides - generate type that has one color on its face and cast a shadow of another color - find what happened to the 'emboss' feature in formating text Much appreciation for guidance Hi Maurice, In general, the keyboard shortcuts from previous versions of Word also work in Word 2007. One of those shortcuts is Ctrl+D, which opens the Font dialog box. In the Font dialog box, you will find options for creating at leas...

Upgrading the CPU?

Update crashes Access except in debug
Running Access 2003 on XP, doing a select from a table and passing the results to this subroutine to update another table. When running in debug mode, it works. When I stop it an anaylze the update statement, copy and paste into a new query, it works. Running without debug turned on, Access crashes (on three different installations of Access). What I know to be true: 1. the input record set contains records, all fields are non-null 2. the datatypes are correct 3. it crashes on the first record Any clues? ---- Sub UpdLicenseGrantedOutput(rstOutput As Recordset) Dim SQL_Up...

money 2002 standard
cashflow review has stopped working - I click on the button or icon and nothing happens - it was fine yesterday The FAQ on this issue: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/deposits one-by-one until cash flow happiness returns; the last one deleted is your suspect, though there may be...

Where is the A3 page size in Word 2007?
A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want to insert an A3 document in my report. The selection of paper sizes is provided by the printer driver. Is your printer capable of printing A3? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD71E715-A115-484B-B2FA-A544F7CC950D@microsoft.com... > A3 page size doesn't appear in my drop down menu. Where is it? as I want > to > insert an A3 document in ...

Outlook 2007 Error Messages
Hi, When I open my outlook I get the "messaging interface unknown error" message. I also cannot see my inbox, my calendar and my sent file and I cannot send emails. I can see my Personal files, deleted items and drafts. In my inbox I get a message that says "cannot display information. There is either a problem connecting to the servew or an error occured. Try starting Outlook again. When I click on my calendar I get a whole different message that says "cannot display folder. The file documents and settings/lblake/local settings/application data/mi...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

word attachments on email`
HELP!!! I just discovered that most of my Word attachments on my Outlook Express emails are getting weeded out. As in, NOT GETTING TO THEIR INTENDED DESTINATION! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS??? THX, charlie ...

Outlook 2007 #20
Whenever I start Outlook 2007, I get the following message box: "Identity Switch Cancelled The current identity could not be changed because one of the applications was unable to switch. Close anyone dialog boxes in other applications before trying again. Does anyone know how to correct the problem and prevent the message from appearing? ...

Emailing Publisher 2007 flyer
We are having difficulty maintaining formatting with a Publisher 2007 flyer when emailing. Both computers have Publisher 2007 but for some reason the information at the bottom of the page is running off the page when the attachment is opened by the email recipient. Any thoughts? Can you email it to me? It may have something to do with printer settings. Or even page setup. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Packett" <RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

XP Upgrade

Outlook 2002 Rule Wizard Missing
I have just switch from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, and when I installed Outlook I noticed there is no "Rules Wizard" listed in the "Tools" drop down menu. I chosed every thing to be on the Hard Drive during the install. I am using Version (10.2627.2625.). Is this an add on program or what. I am lost to why it not there. Used it in Outlook Express and was most happy with filtering successfully. Can someone explain what must be done or direct me. jerome Are you in the Inbox folder when you check for the Rules Wizard? Do you have e-mail accounts set up? ...

Error using the Outlook (2007) client
Hi, if i try to open the crm integration in outlook i get the following errror message. unfortunately it is a german client, so the error message is in german. the message says: "Diese Ordnergruppe kann nicht geöffnet werden. Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten. Der Informationsdienst "CRMPRV.DLL" kann nicht geladen werden. Überprügen Sie bitte, ob der Dienst installiert und konfiguriert ist." i didn't found anything about this problem. Can someone give me a little hint. ...