Are ribbons created in Word 2010 backward compatible to Word 2007

I understand that creating tabs/ribbons in Word 2010 is much easier than in
word 2007.  Are they backward-compatible from Word 2010 to Word 2007?

8.0 Word Mail Merge
Has anyone got any experience working with the Word Mail Merge Feature? I am trying to get it working for a division in the UK. When setting the sender phone number, 12345 67890 it automatically formats it as (123)456-7890. It needs to be 12345 67890. I tried to enter a picture mask : {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# ##########} it returns - 456 If I try {MERGEFIELD LetterAuthorPhone \# "##########"} (123) 456-7890 No idea why.... anyone ideas? ...

Creating a yearbook
I am creating a yearbook. It is for a very small group of kids. Are there any templates in publisher? Do any one have any suggestions? I have not used Publisher before. Thanks Jay Do you have a database with the kids names and other information? The catalog merge is an excellent way to make a directory. What version Publisher are you using? These articles are for 2003, but it is about the same in 2007. Mail and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft...

2007 Ribbon Bar
Is there any way to hide or customize the 2007 ribbon bar to the same size as any older version of an access menubar? The size of the new ribbon bar forces my form to get cut off on the bottom of the screen. This has been getting many bad reviews from my users and either I need to redesign my form or find a way to get rid of the ribbon bar. I opt to go the easier route (if at all possible) of hiding the ribbon bar. On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:44:01 -0700, Secret Squirrel <secretsquirrel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Right click in the area where the tabs are, and choose "Minim...

Creating conditional clause in a module
I am in the process of writing module using vba in ACCESS 2003 which imports forecasted financial data from a particular excel file based on three inputs. I am trying to include an "error check" that will end the process if the three inputs do not match specific data in the excel file. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Do you have any ideas what the best way to do this would be? Below is the code I have for the import part so far if that is helpful. Sub Test1() Dim ImportDir As String Dim Forecast As String Dim Version As String Dim Country As Stri...

RIBBON COLOR
Is there any idea how to change the color of a custom tab different from default theme as in the case of Contextual tabs? Sure would oblige if appropriate XML tags, ideas or address of a source on net is provided. -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz I don't think you can Faraz, you have a few ribbon theme colours, but all tabs carry that colour AFAICS. HTH Bob "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67C1065B-1AEA-44B8-B595-210CA78EE546@microsoft.com... > Is there any idea how to change the color ...

DPM 2010 Protection group syncronization frequency
For a protection group, can I set syncronization frequency to 72 hours (3 days) via powershell? 24 hours is the longest periode of time available via the GUI. Why? Large protection group synchronization takes over 24 hours and want to avoide the errors every other day. Are you doing consistency checks with every synch? Wouldn't you want to go the other direction and make the synchronizations more frequent so they don't take as long? What kind of data is it, how quickly does it change, and how big is the overall Protection Group? Daniel "skoog" wr...

Screen shows lots of highlights on certain words ??
HI, I am not sure whether this is just this program I have or what but suddenly there are words that are highlighted in different co,ours all over the screen. If this is XP SP2 can I turn it off? Thanks rock And what program would that be that you are viewing these highlighted words in??? peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2007
As per the article linked below, I understand that Outlook 2000 is not supported in an Exchange 2007 environment. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2007/evaluate/clients.mspx Anyone out there running Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2007 as the back end? How's it working? Any issues with mail or public folders? Thanks for any info! Basic stuff should work fine - they did not test it and will not "support" that combination should you have issues. I would expect problems in a mixed client environment and with rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Auth...

Creating Distubution List
Few questions: If I create a distribution list and then receive a new email address for one of the contacts, if I update the contact, is the email address in the distribution list automatically updated? When selecting members for distribution lists, the list shows SMTP & FAX. is there a way to just show 1 email address only for each contact. Can you create distribution lists from selected contacts. Thanks Craig Craig <beaky1211@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I create a distribution list and then receive a new email address > for one of the contacts, if I update the contac...

Problem typing contractions in email Outlook 2007
When I type a contraction, ie I'm, it types as I' m. Always a space after the apostrophy. My husband is having the same problem on his computer. Any fixes? What are your autocorrect options showing for how to treat a " ' "? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Sheyrie asked: | When I type a contraction, ie I'm, it types as I' m. Always a space | after the apostrophy. My husband is having the same problem on his | computer. Any fixes? ...

Is this something I can create?
Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot and there is so much informatio here--I am so glad I found this forum! Now I am trying to find out if there is a way to make a report in Exce for what I need. Here are the details: I will have a database with about 200 names. Each of those people wil make a $ amount pledge and that needs to be shown and the total shown. Then I need to have a space where I can put what each person has pai towards their pledge. It would be nice to have the difference shown a well. Now I know that part is pretty easy and I should be able t figure it out. Here is the ...

Word 2003: Section breaks & page formatting
I have a Word 2003 document with 5 sections. Sections 1,2,3 are in portrait. Section 4 is in landscape. Section 5 returns to portrait. When doing a print preview, all formatting appears to be correct. But when I print, the 1st page of Section 5 prints in a reduced font in landscape formatting. I have looked at all page and print settings and can't seem to find where the issue is located. I have tried removing section breaks and reinserting them. Help! Any thoughts on what is causing this issue? Are you tracking changes? Or are there comments in the document? In eithe...

Read mail appears in unread folder on Outlook 2007 open
My read emails still appear in my unread folder each time I open Outlook 2007. I can close Outlook, change to a folder, view my contacts, calendar, et al, and still when I click on the Unread Mail folder I see my folders with unread mail as bold and the read folders not bold. The only way they don't appear is if I delete them (which is not always practical). I did a clean install of Tablet PC edition (as a "new" system, since TPC isn't available) when I moved from Office 2003 Professional to Office 2007 Enterprise. The changes are: I am now using Business Contact Manager I...

Editing ppt created in 2003
I'm using 2007 and trying to edit a ppt that was created in 2003. There is a text box at the bottom of each Title master slide (there are 5 different versions) that is used for the presentation name, date and slide number. I've tried editing the Master title slide for each of the 5 groups but can't get the chages to apply to all of the slides - it will only apply to those slides that I've actually edited. Can someone help? The placeholders must be on the master slides and then they appear (or should appear) on all the slide layouts (the small thumbnails) associate...

create yearly summary from monthly worksheets
How do create a yearly summary worksheet using data from monthly worksheets? Without much data, difficult to answer without assumptions, but her goes... Assuming each sheet is named bu month and you want to sum the same cel (let's say B5) in all tabs, Insert a new tab at the end, named Yea summary. In Cell B5, on the Year summary, your formula would b =sum(Jan:Dec!B5) This will of course only work if your furthest left tab is named Ja and your second last to the right is named Dec with the Year Summar being farthest rught. Let me know if this works for you or provide more information r...

Converting quattro pro x3 formula to excel 2007
I wrote a spreadsheet in Quattro Pro X3 to calculate Golf Handicaps. I have imported it to Excel 2007 but I cant get one formula to work. In the spreadsheet I have calculated the differentials in column 'H' starting at row 6 and am trying to put the lowest 10 scores from the last 20 played in Column 'J6 thru J15'. The following Quattro Pro formula is what is used in columns J6 thru J15. @IF(A:F@PURECOUNT(A:H)<@ROWS(H$6..H6),"-",@SMALLEST(@@(@OFFSET(H$6,@MAX(0,@PURECOUNT(A:H)-20),0,20,1)),@ROWS(H$6..H6))) When I imported this to Excel, it came out as: =IF(...

Create an object from an excel file to insert
Hi, I have a company logo and info on 3 lines in an excel sheet. I want to use this as a letterhead for all excel files that I print. I want to insert this letterhead as an object into another excel file but its not working as I would like it to. When I try to Insert an Object from file and select the excel file that has my letterhead it imports ok but the object containts 10 rows, 3 of which is my letterhead and the rest just empty rows. I just want those 3 rows and 5 columns to be imported. Setting the print area of the letterhead file doesn't make any difference. If I'm not...

Creating an array
Hello, I am new to the forums. I have been learning Powershell in my spare time and it has been challenging to say the least. I have hit a small snag. I have written a script that will search a directory and all sub-directories contained within for .txt files. Once the .txt files have been found the script looks at the contents of the .txt files for a certain string. If the string is found within the .txt file it is copied to another directory. What I would like to do is create an array which contains all of the copied .txt files. I would like the contents of the array to b...

Create Bulk Deletion Job in CRM 4
How can I create a bulk deletion job in the CRM 4 frontend without having the hassle of using the SDK. Thanks Roo; You cannot - SDK is the only way. recent post on the subject here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/11/13/leveraging-bulk-delete-jobs-to-manage-system-job-log-records.aspx Dave Ireland "Roo" <Roo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21C80B12-9A42-44B2-A996-5A63FA0E0AB8@microsoft.com... > How can I create a bulk deletion job in the CRM 4 frontend without having > the > hassle of using the SDK. > > Thanks Just for your in...

How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007?
How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? What do you mean? Are you saying the templates aren't there when you open Publisher? Tools, Options, On the General tab, Check >>Show Publication Types at startup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jojotubbs" <jojotubbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FB5BC4-BF6F-44B0-B47A-1AD4D2513233@microsoft.com... > How do I reset the templates to the originals in Publisher 2007? ...

Creating hyperlinks in documents
I am a teacher. I've created a template for a daily planner. I want to create hyperlinks to items in my daily plans. Some items are web-based, others are documents on my hard drive. I want to be able to click on the planner item and automatically open up the document. Is there a way to do this? Thanks SO much in advance for any help you can provide. What application is your planner in? Assuming this is Word, use the Insert | Hyperlink dialog to add links to both webpages and documents on your hard drive. klbya@officeformac.com wrote: > I am a teacher. I've created a template fo...

A WIZARD TO EXPORT PUBLISHER TEMPLATE FOR USE BY WORD etc
Publisher would be more useful if the reports and assorted graphics etc could be used by Word to input text, to save, print a email _ has this been done? If it did that, why would you use Publisher at all? Although there are similarities between the two programs, they do have two separate purposes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sean Quilty" <Sean Quilty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CEA69B-7758-4676-B964-1E688C06BC41@microsoft.com... > Publisher would be more useful if the reports and assorted graphics etc > could > be used b...

How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?
I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration date is approaching? Use conditional formatting in the cell. For example, with the date in A12, something like Formula is =TODAY()+7>=$A$12 as the condition. Then choose a pattern. "kachnycz" wrote: > I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for > expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration > date is approaching? ...

How To: Ribbons
Hi, I want to create a custom ribbon menu but load it from code when the database starts (Autoexec), e.g. the ribbon menu is temporary in that I DON'T/CAN'T use the 'USysRibbons' table (ADP and all that, tables are stored in Oracle), so after I've connected to the Oracle server and created a recordset to the menu ribbon table that stores my XML, I then load my menu ribbons by using the code, While not rs.EOF Application.LoadCustomUI rs!MENU_RIBBON_NAME, rs!MENU_RIBBON_XML rs.movenext Wend So the question, what is the code that will hide the curre...

Graphic saved to PDF in Word 2007 corrupted in Reader 9 but OK in
I have saved a document in Word 2007 to PDF containing an embedded Visio diagram (insert object from file). In Adobe Reader 9 the picture is corrupted though it is OK in Adobe Reader 8. It is as though the picture is marked out in rectangles and the corners of the rectangles shaded in. I have tried with an embedded picture and the result is the same. I have also tried with Word 2010 and it is the same too. I even tried a freeware PDF printer driver instead of 'Save As' from Word, and the image is OK in both Adobe Reader 8 and Adobe Reader 9. I really need to use Word stan...