WORD : problem in normal.dotm ?

I am recently facing the follwoing problem :
whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard
header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc.
I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory,  word
has created a new onebut still theproblem is there.

Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ?

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 18:06:40 -0700, Stam
<Stam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am recently facing the follwoing problem :
>whenever I start a new word document, the new document has lost the standard
>header and footer margins, and cusror is on the top left corner of the doc.
>I have deleted the normal.dotm document form the templates directory,  word
>has created a new onebut still theproblem is there.
>
>Are there any ideas how this can be cured back to real normal ?
0
Jay

Printing WORD docs from a form

Changing the Normal template
I have Office 2007 on my new Windows 7 OS. When going through Help to learn how to modify the Normal template, the instructions only tell you what to do for Vista and XP OS. How do you modify and save a new Normal.dot template? -- Judy18 First, since you're using Word 2007, it will be Normal.dotm, not Normal.dot. Second, the instructions for Vista should also work for Windows 7. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Judy18" <Judy18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Very strange laptop battery problem?
my laptop is a HP CG60-243CL and its about 7 months old. Whenever i would put my battery charger into my laptop it says "plugged in, not charging" this is when it's on. Most particularly it has a blinking LED light on the charging icon (Lightning bolt icon). However, when i charge it when it's put on shutdown/sleep/hibernate the LED light (The lightning bolt icon) has a solid white light. So therefore it is charging. Does anyone know the reason why my laptop is acting this way? -- gamobigz -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Veiwing excel sheet in IE problems.
I have a web set up on our work server to provide access to multipl types of information. However, after viewing an excel sheet and the backing out it brings up the "Save Changes" dialog box. No one wil ever save any changes and so this pop-up is bothersome. I've tried making the files read only, protecting the sheets nothin seems to get the dialog box to not pop up. Any help would be greatl appreciated -- eyanos ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eyanosa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2768 Vi...

Athentication problem?
We have a automated procedure where an email address is created and then that email address is used to then route email through port 25 on the exchange server to external/internal mailboxes. Since moving to Exchange 2003 when the process runs it now comes up with an 'Authentication Failed' message. I have checked authentication on the Exchange server and it has Annonymous Access set on everywhere I have looked. Where could it be hitting an authentication barrier? It is probbaly just a check box somewhere but I have looked everywhere on exchange and have not seen anything that will ...

Problem with deleting record
Hi, When I tried deleting records using db.execute "Delete * from tbl1", it didn't work. It showed that the table was locked even though nothing was using it. But when I used delete query, it worked fine. Is there a way to find out what session or table that locks tbl1? Thanks. You don't mention which version of Access you are using, or whether the data is in the same database file, or linked from, say, SQL-Server. The symptom you described sounds similar to a problem SQL-Server had knowing if a record had been dirtied ... this particular issue required the...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Outlook 2007 problems 03-08-10
Hello guys, When I run Outlook, the first thing I see is Outlook Today, which is good. But I cannot see my calendar entries on it. I have my work schedule, birthdays, public holidays all in separate calendars in outlook, but none of them show up on outlook today at all, I've search the net but cannot seem to find the answer help please... Are they all in subfolders of the default calendar or do you have anything IN the default calendar folder? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/out...

Problems with importing leads
I have to import 700 leads into MSCRM, so I decided to run a test on 10 of them. From a csv file I imported to leads mapping the fields. When the leads are imported more leads show up than were on the spreadsheet, some import correctly and others don't. For example, 1 lead turns into 2 and the data isn't in the correct field. Any suggestions?? Thanks. you need to validate the initial data in the csv file. For example if you have carriage return characters in a cell in the spreadsheet which you export to the csv file. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrm...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Problem: "Select Bank Transactions" in Dynamics GP
Hi, We have discovered an issue in the Bank Reconciliation module for MS Dynamics GP. When performing a bank reconciliation for a chequebook, the Select Bank Transactions window displays all transactions from all chequebooks aswell as the one you are reconciling, if you are using multiple chequebooks. The expected results are that only transactions for the chequebook selected should be seen and available for reconcile. This is a bug as identified by MBS Support Team, but is not scheduled for a fix prior to version 10 This is not acceptable as it is removal of prior functionality and ...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

ACT! 6.0 to BCM import problem
I have ACT! 6.0.3.979 and Outlook 2007 - just purchased Outlook - running on Vista. I have installed ACT! 6.0 on this computer and it seems to be running fine. When I run the BCM import wizard on my ACT! database (which runs fine in ACT!) I get the message "The specified file is not a valid database for the currently installed version of ACT (6.0.3.979)..." I have run this database in ACT and it runs fine. I have run ACTDiag on it and have all green check marks. I notice that I can't get a "full" version number of the database from ACTDiag - it says only that it is vers...