Word Document (2003) the top margin

When I open a new Word Document, the upper margin is too large (header?), how
do I change the basic template that opens?

Open the template, change the margins then save the template. For the
default template (normal.dot) you should be able to change the settings from
the Page Setup dialog by clicking the default button there. Ensure that you
save the normal template when prompted. (you will be prompted if you set
tools > options save > prompt to save normal template).

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"JoeB" <JoeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a new Word Document, the upper margin is too large (header?),
> how
> do I change the basic template that opens?

0
Graham

SFO Error
We are just testing SFO on 2 clients at the moment - the first is WinXP with Office XP (2002) and the second is WinXP and Office 2003. On the 2003 machine whenever we try to save a new an when offline we get "An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator". We have installed the SFO Rollup hotfixes and tried resetting the Forms Cache. Any ideas ? Is Outlook 2003 supported ? Thanks Ian ...

Email address auto completion doesn't always work in Outlook 2003
When I type in the first few letters of the email address of an outgoing email a menu of suggested email addresses appears, but it is sometimes empty when I would expect it to show email addresses in my address book or email addresses of people I have sent emails to or received emails from previously. How do I correct this? Autocompletion is not a robust or reliable feature. It frequently stops working usually because Outlook loses its connection to its autocompletion cache. This can happen for a number of reasons, most often because Outlook is not exiting completely and thus n...

How do I turn off email headers in Outlook 2003
I am trying to turn off email headers on a system that is running Outlook 2003. A 3 line email is turning into a 2 page email with all the headers..(ie received by to the Received from etc etc etc). Any help is greatly appreciated.. Are you referring to the quoted To/From/Date/Subject fields or to entire message header including all the IP addresses, server names, etc...? In case of the last; Outlook doesn't do this. Is this happening when replying to the message or when receiving it? Assuming the last, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Ou...

Icon size of Outlook 2003 with big font
I'm using `big font' on my machine and the icons of outlook 2003 looks ugly because they are scaled. Is there a way to prevent the scaling to get the size of icons you have when you are not in big font? Thanks, Manu ...

address book issues between after switch from excahnge 2000 to 2003
here is our problem after our server crash (which ran exchange 2000 ) we decided to go with exchange 2003. the email and was not migrated but restored directly from backup tapes. the address books restored from archived .pst files, in one instance extracted from the user's blackberry. The users are still on Outlook 2002 now here comes the problem. now and then ( more often when user replies to pre-crash email) the email bounces (and this is only for internal email addresses) it seems that either exchange 2003 or Outlook 2002 still sees the old AD string in the address books. ( this is...

MS Money 2003 Deluxe computing error & zero support
2-26-04 My version of MS Money 2003 Deluxe miscalculates an equity current value in the Account List page. Then total value for that firm is wrong, total investments is wrong, ad ininitum. So product is unworthy of further use. Also when I seek on-line support I am put into an infinite loop of pick an item, sent to "click here" and sent back to where I started. Not much support there! Guess I'll move onto Quicken and learn my lesson not to waste my money on lousy Microsoft Money again. In microsoft.public.money, JB wrote: >Guess I'll move onto Quicken alt.comp...

Counting words within a merged range of cells
Hi Everyone, I have a merged range of A15:J469, and I'm trying to find the number of times a specific words appears in this range, some which have spaces (e.g.: sun life, which is also entered in cell B9 - i.e. whatever is entered in B9 is the search string). It needs to search for sun life regardless of the case (since it'd be Sun life if it appears at the beginning of a sentence). Is there a way to count the multiple number of times a specific word appears in the merged range? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks. On Thu, 13 May 2010 14:37:01 -0700, Pman ...

Exchange 2003 Upgrade and AD Users and Computers Exchange Advanced Tab
In the previous message (Gary D) stated a similar question. I noticed that after I installed Exchange 2003 Ent. to upgrade my Exchange 2003 Std. that I have the "Outlook Web Access Field" on the Exchange Advanced tab on the AD Recipeint Properties. The Outlook Web Access Folder field is appearing right under the "Simple Display Name" on the Exchange Advanced tab. However, all of the objects (Users) under the Users folder that were in an Enabled state do not have this new field. How do I get this field to appear on ALL of the user objects in Active Directory Users ...

Outlook 2003 Advance Find
I got this error message when searching PST: "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. A folder by this name already exists" /cleanfinds doesn't help Any idea? TR ...

Charting 2003 to 97.
Hi all, Have created an XLS in 2003 that works well. Not having used PivotTables or PivotCharts prior, I've managed to do what I intended. Update the raw-data, PivotTables and respective charts. That's in 2003, sadly the charts won't update in 97 and this is where I'm needing assistance. I've little VBA experience and realistically have stumbled my through this little project; but learning where and when I can. Again, any assistance in updating the charts in a Excel-97 environment would be appreciated. Cheers, Cameron ************************************************* Pr...

Migrate from Goldmine 5.0 to Exchange 2003
Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dan Hellebust wrote: > Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move > history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information > would be greatly appreciated. Check www.slipstick.com for conversion utilities to get the info into Outlook - if you can get it in there, you can get it into Exchange, most likely - at least your calendar, contacts, etc. I'm not sure what sort of shared files Goldmine u...

Bullets in PPT 2003
Bullet / paragraph indentation (I believe) in ppt 2003 applies to the whole text box, not just a specific paragraph / bullet point. I think this has been changed in ppt 2007 (thank you MS), but is there a work around for us unlucky ones still using ppt 2003? I want to have a text box with normal text and indented bullet point. At the moment the only way I have found to do this is actually have two text boxes, then group them. If you make the bulleted bullet a 2nd level bullet, you can remove the bullet point and adjust the indents for the "normal" text (which is ac...

How do I link excel to word so excel changes appear in word?
I have to write a word document in my submittals and some of what I d in excel I have to hand type into word. Is there a way I can typ something like "The total cost is $345,897" and have the number chang if my excel pricing changes so I don't have to keep changing the number in the word document? I know you can paste tables you make in excel into word, but what need is to beable to link a cell in excel to the middle of a sentenc in word -- caliskie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Bug on v9 Apply Payables Documents screen?
We're on GP 9 SP2 with a product called Wennsoft Job Cost and Service Management, Encore BankRec and a couple other 3rd party's. My financial controller always complains to me that when she is in the Apply Payables Documents screen, and is moving down the list of open invoices, ticking the ones to apply the payment to, the next checkbox in the list is always ticked, even though she claims she did not tick it. She was able to send me a screen capture of one line that was ticked, but the dollars were still in the Amount Remaining column, when she expected it to be in the Apply Amount c...

Upgrade 55. 2003 in Child Domain
I've inherited a network with the Exchange 5.5 server in a child domain. I've been able to get the ADC to sync but only from Exchange to Windows, not two way. I've tried installing Exchange 2003 in both the root and the child but it does not try to join the 5.5 Org. Does anyone know the Exchange 2003 installation is supposed to be done in a situation like this? ...

How can I automatically forward email to an external domain with exchange 2003?
Hello, I have a server running exchange 2003. Let's say that my domain name is "hjk.com" and I want that all emails that are send to example@hjk.com are forwarded to these 3 address: example2@externaldomain.com example3@anotherdomain.com example4@evenanotherdomainidontcontrol.com Is that possible? how can I do it? Thanks Patricia Print | Copy URL of this post Expand All Collapse All Hi Patricia, By default, automatic forwards to external domains are disabled. Go to Exchange system manager, Global Settings/Internet message formats. There, either enable th...

Diconnext text boxes in document
We have some documents made in Publisher around 15 pages long with the text autoflowing from one page to the next. We would like to separate these into separate text boxes on each page. The problem is when we turn the connect feature off, we lose all text on all pages after that. How can we turn off that feature and make each page its own text box, without losing anything?? Has anyone else run into this? and what are we doing wrong? You aren't losing the text, if you re-size the first text box you will see all the text is there only now it is trying to be on one page. You can ha...

can't open weblinks in office 200 documents
I am have difficulty opening weblinks in word and excel, when I try I get either the: "No program is registerd to open this file" or "Cannot locate the Internet server or Proxy server", anyone had this problem - how do I fix it???? ...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Where is documentation for System.Xml.XPath.XPathQueryIterator
I am trying to find documentation for the System.Xml.XPath.XPathQueryIterater object which is being returned internally in the .Net XSLTransform class and which I cannot find any info. This object replaces the IXMLDomNodeList object that the MSXML4 XSL Parser uses. Help. Jus Thomas wrote: > I am trying to find documentation for the > System.Xml.XPath.XPathQueryIterater object which is being returned > internally in the .Net XSLTransform class and which I cannot find any info. > This object replaces the IXMLDomNodeList object that the MSXML4 XSL Parser > uses. It&#...

Top of window is off screen
I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. Some window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. "grok" <grok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:195E6637-1490-4A8D-B1AB-969ECA7C61A9@microsoft.com... > I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. > Some > window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the > buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. Click any...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #3
Hello everyone, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon insid Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown men disappear. Restarting Outlook sometimes can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour ? Have you found any solution to this problem ? If someone has any type of info, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks in advance Ri -- rtrimarchiPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces ...

Word Editor Error Message
I use word as my email editor. All of sudden I started getting the following Microsoft Outlook error message: This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is wiethe busy or cannot be found. The form will be opend in the Outlook editor instead. I've tried completely powering down, I've run detect and repair and I have tried to re-set Word as the email editor in Options - Mail Format, but nothing seems to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks, ...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #3
My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free ways to synchronise the two? R.Daneel Olivaw wrote: || My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a || home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free || ways to synchronise the two? WARNING: This is unsupported by Microsoft. You MUST take frequent backups of your pst file. On the one machine, move the pst file to a shared folder. Point Outlook on that machine to that location. On the second machine, either mov...