WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing

Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on
normal style paragrah for new all documents.

I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc
and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with
line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
Notebook.

I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all document
based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again, everything is
back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
paragraph.

Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.
--
Margy
Pinetown, South Africa

Simply modifying the Normal style for a document based on the Normal.dotm
template works for me.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message
> Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
> default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on
> normal style paragrah for new all documents.
>
> I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size
> etc
> and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same
> with
> line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
> change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
> Notebook.
>
> I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all
> document
> based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again, everything
> is
> back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
> paragraph.
>
> Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.
> --
> Margy
> Pinetown, South Africa

0
Doug
1/8/2010 11:05:24 AM
Doug, I was wondering what program you're using to post this reply?  The
light font.  I've noticed others using this so it must be a pretty common
program.

> Simply modifying the Normal style for a document based on the
> Normal.dotm template works for me.

"Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message
> Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
> default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space
> on
> normal style paragrah for new all documents.
>
> I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size
> > etc
> and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same
> > with
> line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
> change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
> Notebook.
>
> I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all >
> document
> based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again,
> everything > is
> back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
> paragraph.
>
> Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.
> -- > Margy
> Pinetown, South Africa
0
MICROSOFT
1/8/2010 6:13:49 PM
Open normal.dotm.  Go to  the Styles pane > Manage styles button > Defaults
tab.  Make your changes there.  Save and close normal.dotm.  If you want to
use table styles or themes and style sets, leave the normal paragraph style
unmodified.

Pam

Margy wrote:
>Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
>default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on
>normal style paragrah for new all documents.
>
>I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc
>and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with
>line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
>change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
>Notebook.
>
>I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all document
>based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again, everything is
>back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
>paragraph.
>
>Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.

Pamelia
1/8/2010 6:33:50 PM
He's using Windows Live Mail according to the message properties. The
character set is UTF-8, which does result in a different appearance.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"MICROSOFT" <blah@blah.blah> wrote in message
> Doug, I was wondering what program you're using to post this reply?  The
> light font.  I've noticed others using this so it must be a pretty common
> program.
>
>> Simply modifying the Normal style for a document based on the
>> Normal.dotm template works for me.
>
> "Margy" <Margy@office.co.za> wrote in message
>> Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
>> default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space
>> on
>> normal style paragrah for new all documents.
>>
>> I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size
>> > etc
>> and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same
>> > with
>> line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
>> change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
>> Notebook.
>>
>> I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all >
>> document
>> based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again,
>> everything > is
>> back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
>> paragraph.
>>
>> Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.
>> -- > Margy
>> Pinetown, South Africa

0
Suzanne

NumberFormat not getting changing onFly changing the regional sett
Hi Excel experts , Sorry for posting a new question over here. I am having a hard time with one of a Excel related issue. Requirement: 1) User pulls some data ( includes numeric,Date fields ) to excel when he/she is with German OS settings. Date show in following format: dd.mm.yyyy ( eg: 23.09.2010) 2) Now on the fly he/she changes the OS regional settings to En-US 3) Here our code again reformats those columns with current regional settings and polish the data according to its regional settings. 4) In our case all numeric values are getiing changed correctly to the ...

Change Fileas name to first name last name
Hi Where can I change the settings so that the contacts filed as First Name last name instead of Last name,First name Thank Jason OL2002: How to Change the File As Field for All Contacts ID: 291144 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F277C...

TO and CC line tab sizes
When I go to forward an email in Outlook 2000, the TO and CC tabs are extended way to the center of the page. I like them to be the default from left to right of maybe a few inches, but now they are half the page across, and the text portion is the same where the text does not go that far over, yet the page allows you to scroll over to the left way too far. HELP! ...

Change the mail path
My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to change the path of default mail(i.e where d mails r saved.) please help me out. The instructions gvn in help is not able to help me out. Please guide Thanx in advance../// Raghav wrote: > My IMAP server is UNIX-based, my e-mail is stored in its own directory in > user home directory-for example: ~username/Mail. i have windows -xp in > compaq system. which is part of lan. i want to...

How to change font in Status row and Tooltip
Hi! Is it possible to change the font in the status field and on tooltips that gets displayed. I'd like to change to a font that can display Cyrilic characters. Thanks in advance! /Henke ...

optical trackball
I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided settings > control panel > mouse > activities which included an "orintation" setting. My newer one doesn't have "activities". Is this something to do with "Intellipoint"? Hugh Momoka wrote: > I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having > it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided > settings > con...

Determining Changes between an Old and Updated Database
Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able tocompare the new database to the old one to determine exactly whatchanged from the new to the old. Any ideas? Set up linked tables so you can access data in one database from theother; and then use queries (especially but not only Find Unmatchedqueries) to examine the data. On 5 Mar 2007 09:49:27 -0800, quinnculver@gmail.com wrote:>Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able to>compare the new database to the old one to determine exactly what>changed from the new to the old. Any ideas?--John Nur...

Default Line Weight in Excel
How do I change the default setting for the "Line Weight" when creating charts - at the moment all of my graphs are created with a very thin line weight & I would like the standard to be thicker.... You can't change the default line weight. However, you can create a custom chart with the heavier line weights and then use that custom chart instead of Excel's defaults. To do so, click once on your finished chart with the heavier line weights. Go to the standard toolbar and select Chart -> Chart Type. In the Chart Type dialog box, select the Custom Types tab. ...

Scatter chart displays as line chart
I'm trying to connect point on a (background graphic) circle with lines (using Excel 2000). I have generated the X-cordinates for all ends of lines in one column and, in each of the following columns, I have the Y-cordinates for one line, two values next to each other; in the same rows as their X-coordinates. All other cells are empty. This works in smaller scale but when I have 250 lines, the X-values are replaced with rising numbers, i.e. I get a line graphic. Is there any way to make the scatter graphic work in large scale figures? Thanks Hi, Have you used the xy-scatter type ...

Disk space on the exchange
I have a 12GB disk space on my data directory on my exchange. My private edb file is now 9.7 GB. I had my all my user to reduce their mailboxes but I still have not seem a decrease in that .edb file. I have ran the edbutil function to compact the database, still nothing. If someone could give me some suggestion to free up some disk space, it would be very helpful. Thanks You need to do an offline defrag. Just go to google and do a search for: Exchange offline defrag Matt "jlassiter" <jlassiter@nngov.com> wrote in message news:1140a01c3f4bb$8ef15c30$a401280a@phx....

Users locked out after changing password
We are issues with users changing their passwords in Dynamics GP, existing the application, and upon logging in again with their new password, getting immediately locked out of the system. They then have to be unlocked at the sql level, but upon changing the password, the same thing happens. We have Enforce Password Policy on, and we are on SP3 of Dynamics GP. Does anybody have any insight to resolving this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_6BB9EA6B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Randall It is possible that the user is getting locked out as they have changed so...

How to setup category for schedule c, line 13
MS Money 2003 Deluxe & Business: How do I set up a category to record transactions that will afffect line 13 of Schedule C (depreciation)? I need to track the hardware and software that I purchase to run my business. -- Axel Larson - ...

adding pictures/logos to crm or changing colors etc
does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form or the CRM UI as a whole, if so how would i go about doing this? also is it possible to change other features of its appearance such as colors...? TIA Emily, The place to start might be by looking at the cascading style sheet template that is documented on the SDK - this is really meant to provide a base for building other web sites in the style of MS CRM. >-----Original Message----- >does any one know if it's possible to incorporate pictures or logos to form >or the CRM UI as a whole, if so...

How can I change worksheet direction from right to left
I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to right and vice versa If you mean you want to change the direction of the cursor on Enter, then click on the round logo top left, select Excel options, select Advanced, and change the direction to Left, Right, Up or Down as you desire. -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "Haitham" wrote: > I want to change the direction of the work sheet in Excel 2007 from left to > right and vice versa I believe the only way is to go through Microsoft Office Tools and make the setting ...

word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br> Is there a way I can create a list with boxes instead of bullets or numbers? I want to make a check list. <br> Thanks for your help Hi, create a list, then select all the items and click on Format>Bullets and Numbering. Select any one of the styles displayed, then click on the Customize button. In the new window that opens, click on Bullet and choose one of the symbols that looks like a box. Click on OK twice, and you're back in your document, with your list formatted as a check list. Al...

Cant change calendar background color
Hello. I am on a Windows xp pc running Outlook 2003 all patched up in a windows/exchange client/server environment. I have ownership rights to another exchange mailbox. I just need to know if there is a way that I can change the background color of that secondary calendar so that it is different from my own calendar. The help menu in Outlook says > on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options. Under Calendar options, in the Background color list, click the color that you want. Easy enough. However, even if I put the focus on the secondary calendar and change the...

How to highlight the searched words ?
Hello there I wrote one program in VC++ to highlight all words found in page currently navigated in browser. For that I am just appending "<span id=\"HTMLSEARCH\" STYLE=\"background-color: Highlight COLOR:HighlightText\"\\>" it to words found so as to highlight the words. My problem is that if the background color is same as highlighted color them you can't read the word. I want to highlight the word just like when you select any word using mouse. It highlights the word and sets the background color which is exact reverse to previous background color. ...

convert numbers to words
Hi all, simple question, how to convert number to words. ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars thanks hi see this site.... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213360 and this site.... http://www.sulprobil.com/html/spellnumber.html and this site.... http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm yeah....it can get complicated. good luck. regard FSt1 "reza" wrote: > Hi all, > > simple question, how to convert number to words. > ex. $ 10,000 ==> ten thousand dollars > > thanks FSt1... Thanks "FSt1" wrote: > h...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Getting any formula to stop at the next blank space
I frequently write VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas for my spreadsheets an have found myself typing the same thing over and over. How can I ad in a command that makes each formula stop at the next blank. I als have to make the formula references "absolutes". What I'm wanting t do is copy and paste the same formula down without sacrifices th absolute references -- ajpower ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajpowers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Font size changes in Excel 2003 charts when re-opened
For certain charts that I create within Excel 2003 (usually bar charts), I use a font size of 8 (eg for data labels, axis labels, and scale). If I close the file and then re-open it, all these fonts will have become size one (title and legend are not effected). Oddly, if I have created a bar chart and made several copies of it within a worksheet, it will only be the original and not the copies that are affected by this. If anyone can shed any light on why this may be happening and how it could be fixed, I would really appreciate it. Lucie ...

Using VBA to change Excel layouts
Our company has designed 4 different spreadsheet designs. The same data gets stored in any of the 4 spreadsheet layouts....the only difference is that some spreadsheets use different colors, have different fonts and cell sizes and etc... I thought it would be nice to create just ONE spreadsheet that contains a combo-box or list-box or drop-down box which allows the user to select 1 of the 4 layout choices, then I want VBA to programattically setup the spreadsheet layout according to the users choice. Does that make sense? Does anybody know any good ways to implement something lik...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

the font changes colour on emails I send
I am sending an email and the font looks correct. When the recipient receives it some of the text is bright green. It doesn't happen on every email but when it does, it is only on part of the text. ...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...