word 2003. new document does not recognise right hand margin

When openning a new document in 'Word' it will not accept typed input to the
right  hand margin. However, after selecting the 'Column Icon' and choosing
single column, it will rearrange text to fill to the right hand margin. There
is no sign on the top ruler that it is a 2 column document at the beginning.
It is easy to correct, but is there any way of making sure that a new
document will automatically accept text to the right hand marginwithout
having to select 'single column'?
this is in Office 2003 - Student Teacher edition. This situation appeared
about 2 months ago.

Often it isn't even that the document is more than one column but just that
the single column is defined as a specific width that is less than the
margin width. The fix, as you have found, is to click on the One preset
picture in the Columns dialog (which checks the "Equal column width" check
box and solves the problem.

If you are having this problem with all new documents, then you will need to
do this in Normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
finding and editing Normal.dot.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"wednesday4" <wednesday4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When openning a new document in 'Word' it will not accept typed input to
> the
> right  hand margin. However, after selecting the 'Column Icon' and
> choosing
> single column, it will rearrange text to fill to the right hand margin.
> There
> is no sign on the top ruler that it is a 2 column document at the
> beginning.
> It is easy to correct, but is there any way of making sure that a new
> document will automatically accept text to the right hand marginwithout
> having to select 'single column'?
> this is in Office 2003 - Student Teacher edition. This situation appeared
> about 2 months ago.

0
Suzanne

Printing WORD docs from a form

Exchange 2003/Deleting User Account/Email Accounts
Using Exchange 2003 (AD) on Windows 2000, yes 2000, I want to delete email accounts for terminated employees. What is the best way to do that? Our backups keep failing because I have disabled the accounts, but now I want to delete them entirely. Thanks for the help, as always, MG your backups should not be failing because you've disabled accounts...are you doing BLB backups? to delete the mailboxes, in the ESM, select the appropriate mailboxes, do a right-click, select Exchange Tasks, then select "delete mailbox"... "MG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

Outlook 2003, corrupt DRAFTS folder
Somehow Ive managed to corrupt the DRAFTS folder. When I attempt to open it, I get the following message: Unable to display the folder. When I try to view the properties I get this message: DRAFTS PROPERTIES - ADMINISTRATION Views assoicated with this folder could not be retrieved. I have tried to detect and repair, uninstall and reinstall, recreate my profile, even registry hacks to try to kill the folder. None of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas? Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /ResetFolders (note the space between ".exe" and "/ResetFolder...

Outlook 2003 SMTP?
After upgrading from 2002 to 2003 I cannot send email to anyone in my domain through Outlook 2003. I can do so without problem through Outlook Express. I have created a new mail profile, but this did not resolve the problem. I have removed the email account and recreated it twice, but this did not resolve the problem. Since Outlook Express works, I have removed the email account and imported the email account settings from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003, but this did not resolve the problem. The only thing that DID happen was that after importing the OE email account settings into Outl...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Exchange 5.5 eseutil on Windows 2003
Am trying to mount a snapshot of a Exchange 5.5 mount onto a Windows 2003 Server to run the eseutil check. Will the Exchange 5.5 eseutil run on Windows 2003 even though Exchange 5.5 is not supported? ...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Reminder Popup when making a new appointment
I proxy to an account called cfiles (this account was created as an individual, not a group),when I create an appointment & set the system to remind me of this appointment 15 minutes before, the reminder box does not pop up. However, if I create an appointment from my personal calendar the reminder box does pop up. Any suggestions? Thank you i don't know what you mean by 'proxy to an account' but i think what you're doing is setting calendar reminders on a box that is not set up as the primary account for your outlook mail profile. the only calendar you'll ...

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?
I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro. I found auto recovery but that is not what I am looking for. I think it may be an add-in. Thanks! ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows c...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I can create "search folder" in Outlook 2003, where will be show only messages, that I not reply to message.(NOT UNREAD!, but UNREPLY) Thanks you for help. -- MAd #ICQ: 247356388 No way that I know of... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.on...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Setting up hosted accounts in exchange 2003
We are trying to host another domain on our exchange server. We have added the domain into the recipient policy and have our ISP pointing all mail to our IP. Everything works fine for our main domain that we host. The problem is that we can send to externally but we cannot receive from the outside world. The error we receive when trying to send from an external address is <our address >: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=our address type=A: Host found but no data record of requested type The error on our server is MS Exchange Transport 7002 The error we rec...

Money 2003 Can
I have lost my MS Money 2003 CD Canadian Edition, but I have my Cert of Authenticity. I blew up my machine and am reinstalling everything on the same machine it was on before. Is there anyway I can download the Install files from somewhere to reinstall? I'm willing to call MS support and give my Cert information, but I'm not sure that is necessary. Can anyone give me a recommendation? One more additional question ---- Should I just upgrade? To what product? Obviously using the product I already own is preferred choice, but I would appreciate any feedback. Have a look here: http:/...

about new operator
hi group here is my second problem i am allocating a buffer char *p = new char[1024]; p = regBuffer.GetBuffer(regBuffer.GetLength()); and after doing all the work i am trying to free that memory with 1)delete []p; p=NULL; 2)delete p; p=NULL; but in both the cases i get error as debug assertion failed File dbgheap.c Line: 1011 Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData) can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code harshalshete@gmail.com wrote: > hi group here is my second problem > > i am allocating a buffer > > char *p = new char[1024]; > > p = re...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...