Why is there so much space at the buttom?

I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
please answer my question asap. Please...

I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but it
doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
know how to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Marie Skaarup, Denmark

From your description, I wonder if the selected paper size matches the
actual size.

"Marie Skaarup" <Marie Skaarup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am witing an exam paper, and it would help me so much if anyove could
> please answer my question asap. Please...
>
> I don't understand, why there is so much white space at the buttom of all
> the pages. I have tried changing the margins, making the foot smaller, but
> it
> doesn't help. I use footnotes and have a page number om each page, and the
> white space is below both of these. It looks kind of stupid... Does anyone
> know how to avoid it?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Marie Skaarup, Denmark

0
Suzanne

disk space gone
Our storage group transaction volume for public folders and for another mail information store (not the log volume) supposedly has only 700MB left out of 24Gb. However, all the files in the volume only add up to around 9 Gb.There are only 4 files: the two stm's and the two edb's. There is no page file in the volume and I unhid system files and still didn't see any files. Do you have any idea where the rest of the 15 Gb is? I also checked the whitespace and it's up to around 167MB. On a side note, when should I be doing an offline defrag to remove this whitespace? When i...

Outlook.pst space
i want to know did outlook inbox have Space Limits? because i can't expand the inbox on my personal folder. because i had about 2G of emails. The absolute upper limit on a .PST is 2GB and most users start having problems upwards of 1GB. Look here for the information you need to hopefully recover at least some of your data: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Jay Wang" <jwang@glph...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

Publisher 2007 Large Blank Spaces in E-mail
I have created a long e-mail that needs to be sent out. On the screen the spacing looks fine but when I go to the e-mail previewer the spacing is off between the text box and the autoshape at the very bottom of the e-mail (I am using Outlook 2007). If I shorten the document the spacing issues go away. Is their a workaround for this spacing problem? I have to send this out as an e-mail and not as an attachement as soon as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/k...

double-spacing
Hello there, I have word 2007. I need to have double spacing in between paragraphs, and single space in paragraph lines. Is there any way to do that? Go to the Paragraph Format panel (Home tab, Paragraph group, arrow at the bottom right corner) and set Line Spacing to Single (or to Exactly some number) and Space After to some amount that looks right (or to the same amount that you put under Exactly). Better yet, do this in the Paragraph Style you use for your basic text. (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S, right-click on the name of the style you're using, choose Modify, then Format at the b...

change default settiings for spacing
I am trying to change the default setting for "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" by checking this box. It doesn't seem to work however. Is there something I need to do to change this default? Thanks This setting can be made only in style definitions, not in individual paragraphs or selected text or as a default for all styles. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Lucid Moose" <Lucid Moose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55B13F51-D384...

Memory space
Hi I need to provide caller / officer stats sheets for every working day of the year, quite a lot of figures for each day. What I was wondering was, which would be the best use of memory: 52 weekly worksheets, each with 5 days' worth of figures, or 312 pages each with just 1 day's worth? We use Excel 2007, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any advice Ttacey Hi Tracey As each worksheet eats up a certain amount of space for the code required to tell Excel that it exists, and considering that there is going to be some redundant data in the form of column/row hea...

Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much.
Newbi needs a very small help, thank you very much. Hello everyone and thank you very much for your time. I Have a small db for invoicing and on my form (with a subform) there is a CANCEL button which will just cancel what had been selected or entered in the form ... here is the code behind the cancel button... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me![BillsFormSub].Form.Refresh DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 8, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acEditMenu, 6, , acMenuVer70 DoCmd.SetWarnings True Exit_Cancel_Click: Exit Sub End Sub This was working ...

Might be asking too much
I am using excel to track day to day project hours on a bi-weekly interval. In the cell where I am entering my time I am also adding comments as to what work was done during that time. What I would like to do is figure out a way that I can extract the comments out to print. Now I know that I can print them at the end of the layout which is essentially what I want, but the way it defaults the printing is by calling out the cell name i.e. (c24) then the comment. The problem is that I have no way of know which cell that is. so what I would like to do is basically set up a layout myself...

how much is too much data for a cell?
a cell should hold 32,000 characters if i am not mistaken. i have a large spreadsheet that has codes, their use, description and the # of times they have been 'hit'. most of the information fits in a cell very easily but i have one description that is huge. i made the cell 255x409 which is the max and what happened was part of the information showed and then the rest of the cell was blank. at that cell size there was more than enough room for all the data but for some reason it would not all show. i tried things like changing the alignment and it is on wrap text. i tried selectin...

No Buffer space available, any permanent solution ?
Dear all, I have been experiencing this problem before but i can't find any permanent solution. I have tried searching for the solutions in the net but after reading all threads , restarting is the only solution provided. This problem occurs when my HQclient is attempting to connect. Thru VPN , they're connecting. Is their any other solution ? would increasing my ram will be a solution ? hi Greg, I can understand how much worried you are with this problem, the possible thing is that your connectivity to the HQ. Editting the registry is not for beginners, if you don't kn...

How to create "Space Bar hit" action setting?
Hello All, I have this slide with a long animation on a slide that is off mousclick transition. With a hit on the space bar the animation jumps to end. As the presentation is with mouse controlled navigation I do not want users to use the space bar (or they start hitting through the slide sequence) to end the animation. So, is there a way to 'end animation sequence' (like a space bar hit) as an action setting on an object? Thanx, Guurt ...

xml name spaces
In WPF, you have to have the following in your xaml file: <Window x:Class="SeeThru.Window1" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" Title="SeeThru" Height="300" Width="300" If you don't have the xmlns lines or you call it anything else, the compiler will give you an error. And some of your code will give you errors, such as x:fkey for instance. These are not actual urls. If you put them in your browser, you will get &quo...

How much space do Calendar entries take?
Hi all- I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard. How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store? Are old entries ever purged? If not, what happens several years from now? Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar entries on everybody's mailbox? Thanks for your comments. They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks, journal etc quite ea...

Removing blank spaces
I have two text fields storing part numbers. One stores a stripped number and the other stores a spaced number. Example: (12345 and 12 34 5). I have a Search text box that I currently type a stripped number into and the record is retrieved. I need help on the following: If a spaced number is entered, I would like to strip all spaces and have it find the stripped number as if I had typed the stripped number first. can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. hdfixitup Replace( yourString, " ", "" ) should replace the spaces to nothing. That function may not works, i...

Out of Stack Space ... Recorded Macros
Excel2003 ... I know nothing of writing Code ... I Record Macros only ... That said ... SS working fine until I started getting error (Out of Stack Space) Is there "HELP" for me??? ... Thanks ... Kha SS Calculation set to "Manual" ... Here is my Recorded Code ... I am getting "Out of Stack Space" message on "Calculate" ... However, SS allows me to F9 Calculate??? Sub Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend() ' ' Sort_Type_Rec_Ascend Macro ' ' a = MsgBox("SORT ... Type Record (Ascending)?", vbYesNo, "ATTENTION!&...

Extra Line Space #2
I have several lines of text in two merged cells one above the other and it appears to be spaced correctly, but print or preview there is an extra line. When adjusted to print correct its not all on the screen. Help - I need both! Thanks. ...

bar charts with time-spaced x-axis?
does anyone know who to create bar charts where data is spaced on x-axis? currently i have time data on x-axis and quantity on the y. but the time data is evenly spaced rather than by the amount of time that has passed. in other words, i want events which occured 1 hour, 3 hours and 10 hours apart to be spaced accordingly on x-axis. anyone know how to do this? ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, ...

Removing spaces in cells with data in it
We have a personnel roster that is kept in a database. Occasionally, this roster is exported into Excel and sent out to members of the department. In one column are dates that each person was employed. When I try to sort the entire roster, it doesn't come up right because most of the cells that contain the date have spaces in front of it. Sometimes it's 1 or 2, sometime more, other times there are no spaces. In order for me to sort the entire roster correctly, I'm having to manually remove the spaces in front of the date, then sort the roster according to date. There are over 500...

Thank you very much
Folks For the last year I've been asking various questions here in this newsgroup. Thanks to all for answering my questions. Sincerely, Tony Toews -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/ "Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message news:kvvi86dbb3d9fscbfj7qr6r4np9qdsp1hg@4ax.com... > Folks > Fo...

Can't trim white space from large varchar field
Hi, I am reading two very large varchar fields (2600) from the sql server 2005 database of our ERP. This reading is being done by a cursor. In the cursor select statement I rtrim and ltrim the field. No matter what I do the length of the field is always 2600. I can see that there is some sort of white space to the right of the text. Whatever that white space is, it can't be trimmed by ltrim or rtrim. I tried running the sql from the cursor as a query and had the same problem. Any help would be appreciate it. fig000 If you do a RTrim of a varchar column, the...

How much bigger should my bleeding page be?
32 page booklet - on 8.5x11 folded...8.5 x 5.5 page size. Pub 2003 Commercial printer. Only the front cover will bleed how much bigger should I make the front cover page? I forgot. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Can your printer print Letter.Extra or a similar size? Help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/results.aspx?qu=bleed&sc=9&av=ZPB110 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message news:DE6E28A5-ACE9-4BA7-B07D-9DA209203CDD@microsoft.com...

Remove "Alt Enter" blank space
From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter keystroke! Using Visual Basic! "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:e%23I5BWGDFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > From a cell, how to remove a "blank line" that is enter by Alt enter > keystroke! > Hi one way Sub removealtenter() For Each c In Range("A1:A10") c.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Substitute(c.Value, Chr(10), " ") Next End Sub Cheers JulieD "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> w...

How blank space on cell edges?
Have 8pt text wrapped in a cell. Looks fine on the screen but when I print the text is bleeding over the cell edges just a bit. Is there a setting to put more blank space on the edges of a cell so this will not happen? ...

Outlook Mail Messages Aren't Showing Images
When Outlook has been recently started, it shows images in email messages in accord with my "trust" and "safe senders" settings and lists. However, after a short period of use, it begins to cease showing images (even when re-opening messages that displayed properly, previously). Often, I can't see messages at all (yes, even those that have had the sender and/or URL listing added to my safe senders list). In order to see the messages, I often have to choose "Reply" or "Forward" (and even then I may not be able to see the images). Any ideas?...