Why does header in print view not print?

Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these
headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only
footer is seen and this is all that prints.

See if header contents have been inadvertently formatted as hidden (Font
dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cindywhite" <cindywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these
> headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only
> footer is seen and this is all that prints.

0
Stefan
3/23/2010 4:09:19 PM
If the header contents are anything other than inline text (wrapped
graphics, for example, or a text box), make sure that "Drawing objects" is
checked on the Print tab of Tools | Options.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"cindywhite" <cindywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Old Word documents (v 2003) containing headers no longer prints these
> headers. Header and footer viewable in print view. In print preview only
> footer is seen and this is all that prints.

0
Suzanne

Header of ListView
Hi, I have a Listview control with some items within. This ListView has 3 column A,B and C. A item's are left-aligned. B and C ones are right-aligned. this, only for items... but for header i would like to have a different alignment than their respective items. for example : A, B and C header will be left-aligned so graphically it should be like that : A | B | C | -------------------------------------- Item A1 Item B1 Item C1 Item A2 Item B2 Item C2 .... So how an i do it ? Because when i modify HDITEM structure it's for the full c...

HELP!! Header thats not a header
Hello All, I have a spreadsheet that when printed is 7 pages. I put a header that is from cells 1 to 6 and have set it in the page setup in the section sheets-print title - rows to repeat at top cells 1-6. This works perfect, every sheet when printed displays these rows at the top of the page. The problem is I don`t want this to print on the top of page 7. How can I make it so pages 1-6 the rows repeat on top and page 7 it doesn`t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin M You have to print in 2 batches, first the 1-6 pages, then remove this and print the 7th page...

Printing App 03-02-10
I have a spreadsheet that requires a constantly changing variable each time it is printed. I have a cell with a batch number. For each copy I want printed, this batch number should increase by one. I am able to do this for single copy print jobs, but I can't figure out how to increase the number for each copy for multiple copy print jobs. I know to put this in a Workbook_BeforePrint event, which is the way I am going. Maybe I need an InputBox to prompt the user to enter the number of copies and loop it for each copy. Ideally, I do not want the Print Dialog Box to display a...

Header
I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the lettered columns are. I need it to be centered across 4 columns. Thanks for the help Example 1. Put the word TITLE in cell 1. 2. Highlight cells A 1 to D 1 inclusive (your 4 columns). 3. On the Home tab in the Alignment group click on the Merge and Center button. The word TITLE will now be centred acros the said 4 columns. If my comment have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Belin" wrote: > I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Calendar views change
Hi running Exchange 5.5. We have different computers running different clients. Problem is some clients are viewing events as all day while some are viewing it as having a start time and end time. So the event could expand into another day. The problem is not client specific and has nothing to do with how it was created. For ex. PersonA (running Outlook 2003) creates an All day event. She views it and it looks like an all day event. PersonB (running Outlook 2003) opens it up and the event has a start time of 1:00 am to 1:00am the next day. Any ideas on why this is happening? ...

How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?
.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually. Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul change at the same time Pau -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39467 Frank, I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the same...

Print multiple copies in Publisher
I am trying to print a program in Publisher. It is two-sided with a single fold (landscape). My Compaq A4000 (not duplex - I need to print one side, manually flip the paper and print the other side) printer allows me to select multiple copies, but only one prints. I have tried to print with collate checked and unchecked. I also tried printing multiple copies in Word and it worked fine. I have checked troubleshooting the printer and came up empty. Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks... ...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

Header is covered up
I imported a word document into Pub 2003. I let Publisher create the textboxes. This is a large patient handbook that we want to put into Publisher. Lots of the textboxes cover up the Header and some do not. Does this mean I will have to resize every textbox or is there another way? Is the header from Word too? Publisher does not support headers. If you are importing from Word you have no control on how Publisher places the text. If you copy/paste you can set your margin to below the Header. You will have to design the header in Publisher manually. Create your first text box, pas...

How to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets?
I used to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets or worksheet views which I found very helpful. But I can't now find this tool amongst Excel 2003 software. Can anyone help please See if this doesn't help you out some: instructions on where to get it an install it -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/873209 "Davidhg" wrote: > I used to use Report Manager to print a series of worksheets or worksheet > views which I found very helpful. But I can't now find this tool amongst > Excel 2003 software. Can anyone help please ...

Long Delay when viewing inbox items
We have a combination of Outlook 2000 and 2002 connected to exchange 2000. All Outlook 2002 clients experience long delays when viewing mail items. So when they click on a mail item sometimes it takes 30 seconds before it shows up in the preview pane. This behaviour occurs for all message types. I have installed the latest service packs on all machines and servers but the delay is still there. Can anyone help please? Regards, Rayyan Have you tried disabling the instant messenger integration? (see tools | options | other) "Rayyan Sultani" <rayyan@seeingmachines.com> wr...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles #2
-- Julia ...

PO will not close
I have a PO that I cannot close. It appears that in the POP10300 table the receipt transaction header is corrupted. Several of the columns are empty, but the line detail is there in the POP10310 table. I think because the line detail is there the GP will not allow me to close or cancel the PO. I have run checklinks against it as well as the purchasing reconcile and it doesn't seem to clean up. Any suggestions? JR, But, have you posted the receipt? If not, why don't you remove the receipt, re-enter, and post? After doing this, you should be able to close the PO. Best regar...

Print Excel Comment in the same sheet
Dear All, I have a 5 paged Excel file and on 2nd page I have a comment which I want to be printed on the bottom of 2nd page. But when I set the page properties as "print at the end of sheet", the comment is printed on a seperate sheet... Is there anything to solve this issue Regards/Fuad ...

Outlook 97/view email as html
Can I view the "slick" email marketing pieces I receive as html within Outlook 97? Presently, they all look like garbage--help please. NS ...

Filtering on Header content
Hello, I'm interested in knowing if Outlook Express & Outlook 2002 can filter received messages based upon "Header content". Example: X-Is-Spam-Level:***** I was able to setup the rule with Outlook 2002, although it hasn't worked for me(does it only work for specific modes). I haven't been able to determine where to add the filter rules for the "Header content" with Outlook Express. With Eudora only the "Sponsored or Paid" mode offer the ability to filter received messages based upon content of message "Header information". Thanks ev...

Printing bullets
I am trying to print labels using publisher and it will not print the bullets in my label. It prints everything else but not the bullets. Can anyone help me fix this? You should state the version of Publisher and Windows you are using. Maybe try a different font? Just to see if it's font related. Or, could be a printer driver problem. See if there is an update on your printer driver or try another printer. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in the Americas! "Jenn" <jlinares@honeybakedeast.com> wrote in message ...

My report header shows in design view but not print preview
I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. While the report header shows up in the design view; it doesn't show in the print preview mode. Any suggestions? -- Thanks, Karen "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:991881A0-921F-47A7-B1B2-6B180111081B@microsoft.com... >I have a report header in a report that prompts for info and omits some > information in the detail section if the data is zero or null. > > While the report header shows up i...

Printing the Note Field in Report Writer
I'm re-creating the Payables Transaction Edit List report in Report Writer to include a number of fields not available of the original report. I am trying to get the information placed in the Note field to print as part of this new report. However the only option, I see is the note index which just gives the number. I was able to get the note to print using Smartlist Builder. Is there a way to do the same using Report Rriter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Alecia, this might help: http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html. It's not t...

how do I print postcards in publisher
I am trying to print postcards in publisher on a "generic" postcard stock. They are 2 up on an 8.5 X 11 sheet with margins all the way around. They are approximately a 72 lb. paper. They are full bleed paper. They will be printed on one side only. What size are the postcards? Have you looked at your printer documentation for help in setting the bleed? Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051236331033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tj88" <tj8...

why are my column headers numbers instead of letters?
It seems like overnight my spreadsheets changed from having letters as column headers to having numbers. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong...can anyone help me? Hi, Go to excel options and uncheck R1C1 reference style in excel 2007 is under formulas "tbecks" wrote: > It seems like overnight my spreadsheets changed from having letters as column > headers to having numbers. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong...can > anyone help me? Tools -> Options -> General Tab -> Uncheck R1C1 for XL2003 and earlier. -- HT...

Changing font of CListCtrl's header
Hi All, I have a CListCtrl instance. I can get the pointter to the CHeaderCtrl of the CListCtrl using GetHeaderCtrl(). My requirement is to change the font of the header items.How do I do that? Any clues/suggestions are heartfully appreciated. Regards, Vinodh Kumar P I think simple subclassing the headercontrol and changing its font should do. See if the following helps you: http://www.codeguru.com/listview/HeaderCtrlEx.shtml -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Vinodh Kumar" <thecomdeveloper@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bdr48r$6im$1@news.m...

Copying Views