white corners left while printing coloured background

WHEN I PRINT COLOUR BACKGROUND IN A WORD DOCUMENT WHITE CORNERS ALWAYS REMAIN
ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM CORNERS OF THE FILE

CEdit white
I have some read only CEdit controls on a dialog, but they appear grey. I would like them to be white. I tried subclassing CEdit and adding the following method (m_brBackgroundBrush is a plain white brush), but they are still grey - any ideas? Should I overwrite the OnPaint or OnDraw method perhaps? BOOL CEditWhite::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { BOOL returnVal = CEdit::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); CRect rect; GetClientRect(&rect); // Tile the watermark bitmap over the screen pDC->FillRect(&rect, &m_brBackgroundBrush); return returnVal; } "GT" <ContactGT_removeme_@...

print scaling
When printing preview is opened after setting print area i wont to change the print size I choose scaling to say 150%. the preview and print is smaller as the sheet has increased but still fits on on one page. In other words the backgroud has increased in size by 150% but the font is now smaller as compared to the area of the sheet the reverse happens when reducing ...

Printing Issues #2
When I print my publisher newsletter on my home printer everything prints fine. The print takes up the entire 8x11 page, etc. However, we use a Xerox printer to print the final copy for the community. When I attempt to print on this printer the doc, although we set it to print the full page comes out at 1/2 size centered in the middle of the paper. The page is zero'd on the 0x0 point on the guide bars and centers in my computer window which results in a large space all around the the doc. This space isn't seen using my printer. However, when printed on the Xerox printer t...

how do I restore background grid in Excel?
rSomehow users have managed to remove the background grid in an excel worksheet? Desired (printable) grids are set by borders. Cannot seem to get these turkeys to use "clear contents" rather than other removal choices (delete). How can I restore these grids. Hi Tools>Options>Gridlines Regards Roger Govier roopuppy wrote: > rSomehow users have managed to remove the background grid in an excel > worksheet? Desired (printable) grids are set by borders. Cannot seem to get > these turkeys to use "clear contents" rather than other removal choices &...

Set colour of Calendar saved as web page
When you save a calendar as web page you get a kind of Teal/green/blue colour scheme and I can see no way of setting the colour (Other than editing the HTML). Is there any way to set this to a colour scheme of my choice? Thank you Terry only by editing the css. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote ...

white spaces in exchange 5.5
Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white space is on an exchange 5.5 server? On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:07:02 -0800, Arthur <Arthur @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Does any one know how to use performance monitor to view how much white >space is on an exchange 5.5 server? > "eseutil /ms" will give a detailed account of the free space. Events 1221 will give you the minimum amount to be recovered. More Info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;186291&Product=ech "XADM: Cannot Determine Free Spa...

Printing from a CWnd??
Hello all, I see that I can print to a device context using the PrintWindow function. PrintWindow is a member of class CWnd, but it requires, as an input parameter, a pointer to a device context for a printer. How does one go about getting the device context (an instance of class CDC) for the printer(s) that your system knows about? TIA Harvey >How does one go about getting the device context (an instance of class CDC) >for the printer(s) that your system knows about? Harvey, It depends on your situation. You could get it via the print dialog using CPrintDialog::GetPrinterDC...

Printing the last column on every page printed.
I want to be able to print the last column of my spreadsheet (Total column) on every page that is printed from this workbook. How can I do this? I'm stumped... Thanks for your help! Are all the last columns in the same location (column X for example)? If yes, you could group all the sheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent). then select column X File|print|Select (bottom left corner) Do a preview first. But this prints each worksheet (column) on a different sheet. ====== You could have a macro that built a new worksheet and just copy|pastes values| that last column ...

CMenu is white background
Hi I'm having an MFC application (which are compiled with /CLR option to use ..Net components), and I've got a strang behavior when clicking on the menu of the main frame. First, this is a MDI application. When a click on a menu, everything works fine except that the redraw of the Menu lets its background in white Is there any way to solve this probleme ? Nicolas , Toulouse, France I'm not sure I understand. Almost every menu on my system has a white background. What color is it usually? Tom "nicolas ETIENNE" <nicolas.etienne@oktal.fr> wrote in messag...

Publisher printing problem #2
When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not print. I have the margins set for zero and the text all fits in the text box. If I move the text box inward it will print but leaves too large an edge on the right side. I have no problem with the left side printing all the way to the edge when I need it. I print on an hp deskjet 970Cxi Any help is appreciated A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from pam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > When I do a brochure,the edge of the printing does not > print. I have the margins s...

Printing #5
Dear all, I have a laser color 5500, while printing from OL2003(in any format RTF, HTML or Plain) the first 1 or 2 charecter form each line is printing some where in the middle of the page. How can I correct this? - I have updated the printer driver OL patches , but still same? any help appreciated? Regards Anver ...

Formatting Coloured Text
I am able to download a daily Excel file consisting of one worksheet. The font is coloured mainly black, red and blue. Black indicates neutral, red negative and blue positive. Could I fill the red and blue font cells with a piece of code, so that they are more visible and throw up possible patterns? Say blue, font with a yellow background and red with green which would give a good contrast Try this little code snippet Sub TheFontColor() Dim Mud As Range, cell As Range Set Mud = Range("A1:C5") For Each cell In Mud If cell.Font.ColorIndex = 5 _ Then cell.Interior.Col...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

Trouble Printing To a Phaser 8550 in Pub 2007
Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But where there is an embedded excel spreadsheet now prints as a black box. I have printed the document on another printer (inkjet) without a problem, so this does appear to be specific to the Xerox Phaser 8550. Please help. SpikeDDS wrote: > Just upgraded from 2003 to 2007, and now I am unable to print both pages of a > publisher document. Page 1 prints fine. Page 2's title prints fine also. But > where there is an embe...

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

Print reports offline ?
A customer is missing the print button in reports when going offline, any ideas how to fix this ? /Jack Hi Jack, The ability to view SSRS reports offline in CRM is handled by "Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005" (essentially a "lite" ssrs viewer) - this is installed when you setup the Offline client. As far as I understand, this application does not include a print rendering engine. No idea why - this seems like a bit of a gap to me ... The best way to handle this? Get the users to export the report to PDF and print it from the PDF viewer if they nee...

How many left
Hi all and thx for the past! how do i calculate from a specific date given in one cell + number (say 10 [representing months]) given in another cell, so the value should be the date ahead in say 10 months? and it should show me the date in the value. Thanx to u all in advance!! With date in A1 and number of months in B1 =DATE(Year(A1),Month(A1)+B1,Day(A1)) -- Regards Roger Govier "Benj" <Benj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3657F2F-79A7-4D24-BF08-44B3F8D02D3E@microsoft.com... > Hi all and thx for the past! > > how do i calculate from a specif...

printing business cards not correct
Hi I have used Publisher 2003 with no problems for making and printing business cards but when I make them in 2007 I cannot get them to print to fit the card stock which a 10 per sheet. I have spent days now and still cannot solve the problem it seems that even when I use 2007 business card it will not print our correctly. I cannot get the spacing right. I have read the other suggestions but none really fit it?? If someone can help I hate to unload and put 2003 back in. Thank you Mike Use an Avery template, they usually fit. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ...

print footer on only one page in excel
Can I print a footer on only select pages in MS Excel? Dan, Each sheet or tab in your book can have a different page setup. If your pages are on one sheet you need to use a macro to print a page with the footer then reset the page setup and print the rest. -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Dan Connors" <DanConnors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FF0E5F4-2A74-41A2-9B47-F04F28339668@microsoft.com... > Can I print a footer on only select pages in MS Excel? ...

Outlook 2000
I'm using Outlook 2000 with SP 3. The date navigator (those little mini month calendars that show up in the upper corner when viewing the Calendar section) no longer display dates with active appointments in bold text. Or, to be more accurate, once in a while, if I start Outlook and go immediately to the Calendar section, then I can see the dates bolded as expected for a while (at least until I change to a different folder and then when I return to the Calendar they are no longer bolded). But usually when I go to the Calendar section the dates are not bolded at all (and yes, I've co...

How do I reduce the highth of the print dialog box in Excel?
The box is so tall I can't use any of the functions, including "print". Hi, Try adjusting the screen resolution. Right click your desktop, click properties Go to the Settings tab and adjust the Screen resolution by draging the slider If you can't adjust the screen resolution then the driver for the graphics card in your computer is not correctly installed. You'll have to refer to the documentation which came with your PC to install the driver. Shafiee. ...

I want to print on an 8-Tab/sticker sheet, how do I?
does anyone know how to print on an 8-Tab sheet! I need to print out some labels! You'd do better to do this in Word. Excel's print functions are very low level. If your data is structured correctly. (That is all the data for one entity in a row), then you could use excel as a data source and run a label mail-merge in Word, but I suspect from your posting that all your data is in one column, set out like labels -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "New Excel User" <New Excel User@discussions.micros...

Print a BMP
Hi I need to write an application that can print a BMP in its original size (length and width). The application is not a dialog based application so OnPrint event is not expected either thus the printer device context is to be obtained manually too. Please guide me with any helping code available. Regards Usman You need to look at CreateDIBSection(...),BitBlt. structure for printing is:- HDC hdc = CreateDC(...) StartDoc(hdc..) StartPage(hdc) HBITMAP hbm = CreateDIBSection(..) HDC memdc = CreateCompatibleDC(hdc,...) SelectObject(memdc,hbm); BitBlt(...) EndPage(hdc) EndDoc(hdc); -- ...

How do I change text from Black on white to white on black?
I also would to add a 5 cell bar starting white and gradually changing to black. For future note, put your question in body, as subject line gets truncated. Format->cells, change font to white color, pattern to black As for a gradual change, you could try formatting each cell progressively less and less black. Say, 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%,etc. You can use custom colors to get the exact level you want. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Joe G." wrote: > I also would to add a 5 cell bar starting white and gradually changin...

Customizing the print view for a crosstab query
Dear All, I think it is difficult to make a report out of a crosstab q. due to variable columns. since my culmns are not date or month ,they are names (and I cant change columns with rows since rows have 2 levels of info). I would like to print the query directly. But I wish to change the headings such as date and title. I want to use a function to change the christian date of system to farsi one(I am Iranain) and show it on the header. How is it possible? thnx in advance. ...