TOC hyperlink styles

I have to create a Word template which contains a table of contents on a
purple background and body content on a white background.

The table of contents is a list of anchor links and there are links within
the body copy. How can I make the two types of links different colours?
Ideally I want the links in the body copy to use Word's in-built 'hyperlink'
style (which I've customised) and the TOC links to use a custom style (white
text for the purple background).

I've tried every trick I know of and Google has been of no assistance. Help
me please.

Hyperlinks in a TOC are not formatted with the Hyperlink (or any other)
character style; the Hyperlink style is suppressed as long as the links are
active (but, ironically, will show up if you unlink the TOC), and any
character style you apply will be removed when the TOC is updated. But you
can define the TOC styles as having purple shading (or put a purple
AutoShape Behind Text on the TOC pages) and format the font of the styles as
white (if you use Automatic and the shading is dark enough, the text will
reverse to white automatically).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"jameshiggott" <jameshiggott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to create a Word template which contains a table of contents on a
> purple background and body content on a white background.
>
> The table of contents is a list of anchor links and there are links within
> the body copy. How can I make the two types of links different colours?
> Ideally I want the links in the body copy to use Word's in-built
> 'hyperlink'
> style (which I've customised) and the TOC links to use a custom style
> (white
> text for the purple background).
>
> I've tried every trick I know of and Google has been of no assistance.
> Help
> me please.

0
Suzanne

Unwanted Hyperlink
When sending email, all URLs are doubled and "HYPERLINK" is added in front of the link. Cannot find how to stop this. Help appreciated ...

Hyperlinks #13
My excel session minimizes when i use hyperlinks to the web or other drives in my network. Is there a way to stop this from happening? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Hyperlinks stopped working and now execute
a zip file extract and software installation. I have deleted all references to the software in question from the registery and it still goes to this install anytime I try and click on a link in my messages. Help Gregg on the Tundra ...

Layout
We have reports that have TOC, 3 levels of heading styles, 2 levels of bullet styles. How can I some how apply these individual items to a document that has been changed? Is it through a style set or template reapplication? If template how do we do a reapplication? This is in Word 2007 The answer depends on exactly what has been changed and how it was changed. If the document was based on styles, and those styles were correctly applied to begin with, but then direct formatting was applied on top of the styles, then there's a simple (maybe too simple) solution: Select ...

Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20
Hello, I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC 4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the same. Single space here, 1.5 space th...

Comma Style format, default change
I'd like to change my comma for numbers: 1,000.00 to be 1,000 I can change the style in the toolbar icon (modify), but that only works for the current file. when i open another spreadsheet the toolbar icon puts to two zeros back into the right of the decimal point. HOW CAN I PERM. CHANGE THE COMMA STYLE ICON? DAVE You can change it for any new workbooks that are based on a template. Create new workbook with that style. Then save it in your XLStart folder (location varies with versions of windows & excel). Now each workbook you create new will use that as the default. You co...

ToC, ToC Styles, and ToC Tabs
Environment: Windows XP Professional V 2002 SP 3; Word 2007 SP2 MSO I converted a document from Word 2003 to Word 2007. I am working with the document in Word 2007. The ToC has three levels H1, H2, and H3. In the ToC, the three levels are indented as such: 1.0 Heading 1................................P# 1.1 Heading 2..........................P# 1.1.1 Heading 3.................P# After converting the document to Word 2007, I generated the ToC. Here's the result: 1.0 Heading 1................................P# 1.1 Heading 2.........................

Hyperlink to Access record/Form
Hi all, I am trying to solve this issue. Office 2007 / Outlook 2007 / Access 2007 From a Access form I have a command button , send email, the DoCmd send object...How do I also create a hyperlink to this specific email, (the CC is one of my mail boxes), in order to be able to store the hyperlink in the access record, click on it and either open the sent email..or the specific email folder it resides.. Thanks! I don't think it's possible without the Outlook object model. You'd need to instantiate Outlook, create and send the email, and capture the MailItem.EntryI...

Can someone explain the styles term 'theme-aware' in Word 2007?
I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and themes. Can someone please enlighten me. On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:33:40 -0500, "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote: >I keep reading about theme-aware formatting in conjunction with styles and >themes. Can someone please enlighten me. If you look at the definition of a style and it says that the font name is "+Body" or "+Headings", and the color is "Text 1" (or another number) or "Accent 1" (or another number), then the style is theme-awar...

Where have Styles gone in Publisher 2010
Hi, In Publisher 2007 there was a navigation bar that allowed you to set colour schemes, master pages, etc. One of the options was Styles. It gave you a list of all the styles in the publication and you could apply them by just highlighting text and clicking on the chosen style. If you updated the style, all the text it applied to was automatically updated. For the life of me I can't find this in Publisher 2010. If it's there it's certainly not clear and I hope the functionality hasn't been removed. Can anyone help? Dominic <dominic.martin@dtrack.com> wrote in messag...

Hyperlinks Changing on their own
Ok, I haven't been drinking...This has been verified on multiple computers, with Office 2000 & 2003. I have a worksheet that contains hyperlinks to other worksheets within the same workbook. When I open the workbook, the hyperlinks are correct. If I do NOTHING and save, the hyperlinks now point to some other page in the workbook. There are no marcros in this workbook, and it is fairly small ( 5 worksheets ) . Again, I made no changes ( not even typing in a cell or clicking the hyperlink ) and they changed. I even tried Save as Excel97 and the same thing happened. Any ideas out the...

Buttons and hyperlinks
I'm just starting to use FrontPage....I want to make active buttons and hyperlink them with powerpoint and word, but during preview, it does nothing. If I right click and click on follow HyperLink, then it will open it up. But during preview, it does nothing...Please help Use File | Preview in Browser. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02E8DFB7-9B09-4668-8443-66082F45F901@microsoft.com... : I'm just starting to use FrontPage....I want to...

TOC Formatting Trouble
Hello, I've created a long document in Word 2003. I've applied the TOC Style to it. The issue is that whenever I open or send the document out the generated TOC is highlighted in gray. I can't figure out how to get the gray to go away. Thank you for any suggestions. Are you saying that the gray color is printing too? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "CrystalA" <u56318@uwe> wrote in message news:9f5cc0ced8fc4@uwe... > Hello, > > I've created a long document in Word 2003. I've applied the TOC Style to > it. > The ...

Hyperlinks #50
I have multiple works sheets in a workbook such as "2005 Inventory" and "Sold Inventory". I attached a hyperlink to many of my products, linking the item # to a .jpg file, which contains a picture of that item. As I sell out of an item I cut and paste that item's row of information to the "sold Inventory" worksheet. When I do this I lose the hyperlink and have to re-link it to the jpg file. Why does this happen and how can I fix this problem? I couldn't reproduce this. You inserted a hyperlink (via insert|hyperlink) and you just edit|cut, edit|Past...

TOC Formating
Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to change the font of my automatic TOC. I have modified the TOC styles (TOC1, TOC2, TOC3, etc.)--but everything I modify actually changes except the font. I've tried changing the font in the TOC dialog box and by going through the styles. Also, I have set the styles to be based on nothing; however, they are remaining in the font of my body instead of my headings. The TOC style descriptions read: "font: (default) Book Antiqua". Does the "default" mean something? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Port...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

Hyperlinks #47
Real emergency here - my hyperlinks have stopped working. No kidding - all of my old hyperlinks still work, but as of yesterday, any link I create will only work once. I can click on the link and so long as the destination (Word) file is unopened, it will open the file and go to my intended target. But once the destination file is open, the link I created will refuse to budge if I click on it. What could possibly be the problem here? It's not just the files I'm working with - I've tried with 2 new files and it just won't work like it used to. AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHH! ...

No OE style Identity Login & password?
Looks like anybody can get into Outlook on a computer and read the emails but Outlook Express has security features that Outlook 2000 does not and can prevent snoops from reading other's emails?? Is that possible? How do you get OE style Idenity Login dialog boxes and the ability to password protect Outlook? Anybody know? Thanks. Ken <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Looks like anybody can get into Outlook on a computer and > read the emails but Outlook Express has security features > that Outlook 2000 does not and can prevent snoops from > reading...

Removing hyperlinks from a whole column
I have recently cut and paste a table from a web page into a spreadsheet. Unfortunately it has also copied in the link information as well. This drives me nuts, as whenever I click on the cell my browser opens. I have no need for the link so want to get rid of it. I can remove the link on an individual cell by right-clicking and selecting Hyperlink->Remove Hyperlink. However I cannot find a way to do this for the entire column at once. Thanks for any suggestions. Craig try this Sub HyperlinksOut() ActiveSheet.columns(activecolumn).Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub "Craig Thomson"...

Create Multiple TOCs with Word 2007
I have used the RD field in the past (Word 2003) to create a TOC doc from several separate documents. I have tried this unsuccessfully with Word 2007. Is there a new technique or field that is used. I cannot combine the docs because they add up to over 400 pages and 35Mb and the merged file is unstable due to the extensive formatting required. I have figured it out. The dreaded syntax misspelling! The RD field does still work for Word 2007 much the same as in 2003. "Max86" wrote: > I have used the RD field in the past (Word 2003) to create a TOC doc from >...

annoying Hyperlink Warning
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C3F3E7.7EFE0F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I turn off the hyperlink warning in Excel 2003? Opening "c:\Docum......" Hyperlinks can be harmful to your computer and data. To protect your = computer, click only those hyperlinks from trusted sources. Do you want = to continue? How can I stop the above dialog window when clicking a hyperlink? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Armstrong Wong Hong Kong ------=...

Outlook 2003, Today Style's
When I change the style in Outlook Today it always reverts to the original 3 column style after I change windows. ...

hyperlink help
i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game for a study reference and i need to know if i can set up a hyperlink that will go to a random set of slides instead of only to one slide then to the next. so what i am getting at is how do i randomize the game so when i hit play it is not just one set of questions cause i have over 200 questions but only know how to set up 15 of them. and also once i save the game and quit once i re-open the slideshow all my hyperlinks dissappear. can some one help. On 2/24/10 6:34 PM, zack wrote: > i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game ...

Hyperlink issue with graphic files
I want to change the program Excel uses to view a JPG hyperlink from Internet Explorer to Paint or Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I have changed this setting on Folder Options in Contrrol Panel for all jpg files, but Excel ignores this setting and uses Internet Explorer anyway... How can I get Excel to honor my Folder Options setting? ...

Numbering in Toc
I am trying to construct a TOC. My document is already built using numbering ie- 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Purpose 1.2 Scope 1.3 Summary 2.0 Overview .... continuing to 10.0 Appendices Everytime I apply a header1 or 2 style to the above, Word wipes out the numbering which I want to keep and see in the TOC. How do I keep the numbering in my TOC? Any way to do that? Apply the numbering to the heading styles. See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.o...