Table of Contents Automatic Update

Is there a way that I can set the table of contents to automatically update
like when I save or close a document? If so, how?  Thanks!

The following pair of macros should work:

Sub FileSave()
Dim t As TableOfContents
For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents
t.Update
Next t
If ActiveDocument.Path = "" Then
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
Else
ActiveDocument.Save
End If
End Sub

Sub FileSaveAs()
Dim t As TableOfContents
For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents
t.Update
Next t
Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
End Sub

Place the macros in the Normal template. See
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tjb" <tjb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way that I can set the table of contents to automatically update
> like when I save or close a document? If so, how?  Thanks!

0
Stefan

Contacts not updating on select machines
Good day - We are using CRM 3.0 Rollup 2 desktop clients and server. I am having difficulties with a couple of users who were part of a test CRM group. We did a test install with test data that would mimic our production install. When we were ready for a production install we wiped out all information and recreated the install with production data. For some reason some of the employees who were in the test group are still seeing test contacts in addition to production contacts. Is there a cache on the local machine? All production users except these few test users are not seeing these contac...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Running rules automatically
As a background, we are using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5 We have a mailbox that several users access. Here is the scenario: A new e-mail arrives. One of the users reviews the e-mail, and edits the message by adding text to it, for example, "Reviewed by Tech #1". They then save the e-mail. We have a rule that says to move mail with "Reviewed by Tech #1" in the subject or body to Test folder. It will not move the mail automatically. If I go into the Rules wizard, I can force the rule to run and it will move the e-mail. We would like the rule to run automatically, ...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Acutals change on Task I did not update
I go into the emp and update teh task hours for example I have two task 1. bake cookies 2. Bake Bread Baker goes into his task and add that he worked 10 hours on bake cookies task I go into update task and accept the hours when I go into the project server view under budget and cost view I noticed that not just the the bake cookies hours acutal adjust but also the bake bread. why would bake cookies actual change bake breads, they are not linked and there are no predessors?? Hi Maha - we'd need to know more about the project - are these the only two tasks? How d...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Automatic Delete of Messages in Outlook 2007?
Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. evtide@gmail.com <evtide@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a setting to automatically delete messages after X number of > days in Outlook 2007? Thanks much. Open Help and enter "autoarchive" -- Brian Tillman ...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

Remove "automatic links to another workbook"
I have an MS Excel file that was created by copying, pasting and then renaming a previous file. Now, every time I open the new file I get the message: The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update the workbook with changes made to the other workbook? How do I 1. Delete this message? 2. Delete/update the automatic links to the old workbook? Hi Compu Geek Try this Add-in to find the links <findlink.zip> On this site http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ Or Edit Links in the Menu Bar if your version have that option -- Regards Ro...

Identity will be updated
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello community, My company operates a network of 80 users. They use all the Office for 2008 in the Mac version 12.1.9. Macversion 10.5.7. Once a user started an Office program, no matter whether Entourage, Word, Powerpoint or Excel, a small popup window with the message: "identity is updated" comes. My question now is this' identities Update a problem or bug of the software? What is a solution or workaround? Thanks, DennisFF DennisFF@officeformac.com wrote: > My company operates a network of 80 u...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

automatic and undesired logout of Word

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Public Folder Content Tab Error
In 2003 Exchange Admin, when you select the content tab on a public folder, it brings up an SSL certificate error (SSL is installed on the server for OWA). Is it trying to use IE to view it? Thanks. You only need to enable SSL on the Exchange virtual directory, sounds like you have it enabled on the Public directory as well, remove SSL from the Public virtual directory and see if that fixes it. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Randy Faulkner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1877901c44b...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Workflow Update Between Entities
In Version 3.0 is it possible to update an case's status reason by updating a child service activity's status reason? For example: if the service activity is changed to "checked-in." Is it posible for its parent case to be automatically updated to "checked-in?" After working with the workflow manager, it doesn't seem possible. you might have to write a callout so that when a service activity changes, it also updates the parent object ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Sarah Montg...

Automatic .Doc Mail merge
Hi All, is there any way or Method of the proxy dll, that allows to execute the mail merge of am Offer / Quote / Order template generating a .Doc document ? Thx Gianluca ...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

RE: Check this correction update
--wnmfhdyuimbuoogb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="grtwgjbbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --grtwgjbbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mrihmqcdiuwpmb" --mrihmqcdiuwpmb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...