spurious line after \page

I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--

SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter);

BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);

YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....

UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know).

Ray.

I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
<MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>
> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
> thereafter);
>
> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>
> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>
> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
> know).
>
> Ray.

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 2:29:58 AM
It looks like Mr. Petry is working directly in the code of an RTF
document. That said, I have no idea what's causing his problem (or,
for that matter, exactly what the problem is).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 21:29:58 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>I don't understand your terminology. What do you mean by \page and \par?
>
>--
>Suzanne S. Barnhill
>Microsoft MVP (Word)
>Words into Type
>Fairhope, Alabama USA
>http://word.mvps.org
>
>"Mr. Raymond Kenneth Petry"
><MrRaymondKennethPetry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations--
>>
>> SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination
>> thereafter);
>>
>> BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title
>> page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top);
>>
>> YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page)....
>>
>> UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to
>> have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I
>> know).
>>
>> Ray.
0
Jay

Spurious Duplication
Using Outlook 2000... On creating a new appointment, Outlook created about 20 instances of the appointment, all on the same date, all at the same times. I deleted each extra appointment, one at a time, until the intended single instance was displayed, and thought no more about it. It has now happened several times, and I can find no peculiar circumstances relating to them. I don't even know how to create the problem. Any ideas please ??? Vaughan ...

How do I mix text justification within the same line of text?
The paragraph format seems to affect the entire line of text, I want the first word in the line to be justified to the left and the second word of that same line to be justifed to the right (margins) Tabs Create or modify a tab stop http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051150711033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lost in the first line" <Lost in the first line@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75BA686A-3CA7-4F13-B33E-2F8771C1E111@microsoft.com... > The paragraph form...

unwanted line when printed
Trying to print business card. On screen it is perfect, however when printed un wanted black mark, like an underscore appears. Randomly or is a particular spot? "boystress" <boystress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D67C4A60-AEC5-446B-B26A-CAD5EDB24358@microsoft.com... > Trying to print business card. On screen it is perfect, however when > printed > un wanted black mark, like an underscore appears. Try using the best setting when you print. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "boystress" <boystress@discussions...

Format second series as line chart
How do you " Format second series as line chart" ? I am trying to add an average line to a bar chart. Thank You Shorty - Add the series first. Then select it, choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and pick the line style you want. I have some additional techniques for adding lines to charts here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Shorty wrote: > How do you " Format second series as line chart" ? I am trying t...

Passing command line arguements -Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out
Whats wrong with this code and can anyone help me out Created a win32 console application and passed a command line arguements like C:\CMDLINE\DEBU\cmdline.exe one Now my program should print ---one So in the program this is the code I wrote but IT FAILED.The screen disappears in a flash.Pls help .Thanks in advance ---------------PROGRAM---------------------------------------- int _tmain(int argc, TCHAR* argv[], TCHAR* envp[]) { int nRetCode = 0; cout <<" in main "; // initialize MFC and print and error on failure if (!AfxWinInit(::GetModuleHandle(NULL), NULL, ::GetComm...

Command Line/Script to Remove/Uninstall Program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs
Hello all, I need to come up with a command line/script to uninstall a program that can only be removed from Add or Remove Programs. Can anyone point me in the right direction to websites/tutorials/walk-thru's. Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly --------------------------- "Smokin' weed kills your brain cells. Drinkin' only screws up your liver...ya got 2 a those." - Earl Hickey (NBC's "My Name is Earl") If Milli Vanilli falls in the woods, does someone else make a sound? "Conan Kelly&...

Remove Page Break In Excel 97
I recently uninstalled Office 2000 which was licensed to my employer and installed my personal copy of Office 97. I have noticed some strange behavior in Excel 97. The most recent, and easiest to explain, is this. I added a page break and later decided to remove it. I right clicked on a cell below the break but the "Remove Page Break" command was not on the drop down menu. Can anyone help? Thanks I've got both Excel 2000 and Excel 97, and I don't get an option to "remove page break" by right-clicking on the cell below the break in either version. I remov...

Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet?
Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet? I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in one spreadsheet? No, unfortunatelly not. Try importing your data into Access then querying it from Excel.... Data->Import External Data->New Database Query. -- Regards, Dave <!-- "Lauren" wrote: > Is it possible to have more than 65,336 lines in one sheet? > > I have data to import that has 1,000,000 lines, is it possible to view in > one spreadsheet? No -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lauren...

Series lines
Hello everyone, I have created a chart in Excel ('03), with three series lines. At this stage the data range for the chart is not complete, so there are some 0 values. Thus, the series lines drop down to 0 on the right hand side of the chart. Is it possible to have the series lines stop after the values which are > 0? Then, when the correct data is added into the chart, replacing the 0 values, the series lines would continue. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. You can set up dynamic ranges for the data, which are based on the number of values > 0. Here is som...

Spurious data being inserted in field
Hello Periodically, some of the records in one table have one field updated to the following value: <!--<1586567094>--> It is the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. We have checked all our servers and stored procedures for any occurrence of this value in scripts or ASP pages but none exist. We're fearing SQL injection or similar but in our application this field is only updated from one place and it's tight against hacking. If it was a hack we would think the value might be something else, so we're presuming some sort of corruption or sim...

task and My tasks page
Two Qs 1. What exactly is the difference between the my Tasks Page and the Tasks page? 2. To assign yourself to a task (not a team task), the resource goes to my tasks or tasks page and clicks the new menu and selects task correct? In this page, the resource can now assign them self to an existing task or create a new tasks on projects that they have access to. I want the user to be able to assign them self to tasks but not create tasks. Is there a way to accomplish this? JennPenn07 -- You see the My Tasks page when you click the My Tasks link in the Quick Launch me...

MS Chart Line-Column ( 3 Lines 1 -column )
Is it possible to change the number of Column and Lines? I have a requirement to have 1 column & 3 lines and the chart keep defaulting to 2 line, 2 columns. I am using the Excel 2003 and the chart type is (Custom Types) Line - Column. I have looked at the other threads but was unable to find an answer. Thanks In advance Hi, Select one of the columns on the chart that you want as a line. Then click the Chart Wizard toolbar button and choose the type of line you want. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Boots...." wrote: > Is it possible to change the number of Column ...

Excel
In Excel, although in Tools, Options, View, the grid lines box is checked, they don't show on my worksheet? Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. Look in Tools, Options, View and in the color box under the gridline box, make sure it is set for automatic -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26183 Also Format the cells' background color to "No Color"(default) and not ...

Disdplaying resulting XML Response as Raw XML on Web Page
This may be trivial. It was back when I did HTTP POST with XML Docs. Now on ASL.Net I'm using XML proxy classes and everything I've tried tries to act on the XML. I have a test ASPX page that I use to test web service. When response is returned I want to open a new window and disdplay result as XML. I don't want tags removed. I don't have any XLST. I just want to popup with raw XML tags and all. I don't mind invoking anoither ASPX page to display the XML. I'm guessing the is very easy, or should be. doug wrote: > This may be trivial. It was back when ...

pasting beyond 64000 lines
I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like to paste into multiple sheets You could wait for 2007 version which has one million rows. OR see this KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q120596 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:02 -0700, Little Richard <LittleRichard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have large txt. data sheets as many as 3 to 400000 lines that i would like >to paste into multiple sheets > Hey Little Richard We have been using similar amounts of data in spreadshee...

drawing a defined line
I am working with the trial version of visio 2007. I am trying to have a line drawen by defining it's length, and then the system will draw the line to that length. Earlier versions of visio allowed this, but I can not find it in visio 2007. View > Size & Position Window may be what you are looking for. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B7B5569-6343-483B-9D5E-9B97330904D6@microsoft.com.....

Workbook sharing and web page posting
I am creating a workbook that will have a 2 level password. One for read-only and one for editing. I am posting this workbook to a website that will be seen by students and faculty. It will be a patient schedule and we will have faculty adding appointments. What I am trying to do is get the workbook to save automatically, refresh automatically and when accessed, bring up the password option. When the workbook is opened in Excel, the password protection is working beautifully, but when posted to the web, no password prompt is coming up. Suggestions, please? Thank you, Stephanie M...

Mail not sent to everyone in TO: line
This one is really odd. We have a problem reported (and verified) that sometimes a list of names in the TO: line doesn't guarentee that the message will be delivered to all those names. We've even traced the message ID's and found that even though the four names were properly resolved, it delivered to only two of them. We did this test twice. The first test it delivered to addresses A and C, but not B or D and the second test it delivered to A and B but not C or D. Luckily, this appears to be isolated to a small group of our users, but it is VERY troubling. These are a...

Global "disclaimer" line
How do you put a global disclaimer on all outgoing email? I'm not talking about a .sig line. That's what each user uses to put their unique contact info in. I'm talking about a legal disclaimer that goes below the .sig line and is "stamped" on every outgoing email. To add a disclaimer the Microsoft Article is as follows http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317680 However, to make your life easier, I recommend downloading the free version of GFI MailEssentials at the following link http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.asp?pid=11&lid=1 G...

spurious line after \page
I've played with this at length, but may have not tried all combinations-- SIMPLY: I have \page after the Title page, (and auto-pagination thereafter); BUT, which leaves a line-space at the top of PAGE #1 (following the Title page); (or in some combinations it leaves two-lines-spacing, at the top); YET: I'd like a flush-top on PAGE#1 (after the Title page).... UNDERSTAND: I have different \par-values afore and after \page: It has to have a \par with the \page to effect each separately ... (as far as I know). Ray. I don't understand your terminology. What do you...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

Legends in Line Charts (I think)
I have done a short course in excel, and bought a couple of books, but I still can't do all the simple things as well as I want to. I have collected some initial test data for children's sport, and I want to be able to display this in a multiple line graph; however, I don't seem to be able to change the "legends"(?) from the default "-o- Series 1, -o- Series 2, etc" to the more relevent descriptions I want to use. I want to get my charts looking reasonably competent before I show them to any experts. TIA, Nev. Jon Peltier has some instructions for setting...

copying page setups within a workbook
The first page in my workbook is formatted exactly the way I want all pages in the workbook to look, INCLUDING the page set-up i.e. header, footer, paper size, margins etc... How do I copy these setting to subsequent pages within my work book? Thanks, doc Select the page that has all the formatting. Hold down <Ctrl> and select the other page tabs that you wish to have the same format. After you release <Ctrl>, make sure your *master* page tab is in bold. Now go into page set-up and simply click <OK>. -- HTH, RD =======================================================...

Lines in Pictures
I have a user using Publisher 2003, In one publication she has inserted several graphics - when you print them out - no matter on what printer - network or local - there are horizontal lines going through the images. You do not see this in print preview or in any properties of the image. Does any one have any suggestions where these lines are coming from and how to remove them? Thanks in advance! Gladys ...

how do I change individual business cards on a page?
I'm using an avery 5371 template for business cards. I want to print each card differently. How do I make individual cards instead of just having 1 master?? On Sep 10, 10:54 pm, Maria <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using an avery 5371 template for business cards. I want to print each > card differently. How do I make individual cards instead of just having 1 > master?? Nice template.... Make a biz card, make another biz card, make another card... print one sheet of card one, print one sheet of card two, etc... that's all you'll need This...