Sectionpage, sections and word 2003/2007 (buggy)

Hello,

I've created a document in Word 2003 with different sections and
page/sectionpage in the footer of every page.

The numbering is separate per section:

Section 1: Pages 1
Section 2: Pages 1, 2, 3, 4
Section 3: Pages 1
Section 4: Pages 1, 2, 3

In section 2 there's a problem that only appears in Word 2003. The footers
are respectively: "page 1 of 4, page 2 of 4, page 3 of 4, page 4 of 3"

So the sectionpage in the footer of the last page of section 2 somehow shows
a different number. When i click the actual footer, it updates the number to
"4". When i click on the page layout again, it changes back to "3". Doing a
ctrl+A and F9 doesn't make a difference.

Weird thing is that in Word 2007, the section numbering is fine.

Is this a bug or can i somehow solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Ralf

Outlook 2007 Beta 2
I have seen many comments reguarding this question but I still do not understand how to fix it. I have 3 email accounts: aa@xxx.net bb@xxx.net cc@xxx.net They are all with the same ISP. My default is aa@xxx.net. When I send an e-mail out of bb@xxx.net I want the return address to default to bb@xxx.net not my default aa@xxx.net. To me the only time I would want it to default to aa@xxx.net is if I was a business. How do I send an e-mail with the current accounts e-mail address without having to click on accounts and switch it? Outlook knows about your default account and uses that for n...

Section Tabs
When sending a OneNote notebook to another user, is there a way to keep the section tabs locked? In my folder, it lists them the way I set it up 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 and so on. I packed it and sent it to her, but when she opened it, the numbers were all moved around and had to be put back in order. We send files to each other often and having to reorder will got old fast. Thanks for any help. Laura -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > When sending a OneNote notebook to another user, is there a way to keep the > section tabs locked? In my folder, it lists them the way...

Contacts error in Outlook 2003
In outlook, my contacts are readily available. However, when clicking "To" in a new mail to bring up my contacts, I get an error that states "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." After clicking OK a blank address list appears. It was working fine yesterday. Can you advise on how to fix? Thanks! Can you advise on what happened between yesterday and today? This just doesn't happen by itself. You must have changed someth...

I want to create an everyone distribution list in exchange 2003 mixed mode.
I want to create an everyone distribution list in exchange 2003 mixed mode. rainfordsolutions@googlemail.com wrote: > I want to create an everyone distribution list in exchange 2003 mixed > mode. Create a distribution group and add your users to it. You can't call it "Everyone" - that's a reserved name. Call it "All Staff" (all@company.com) or something else. ...

words split across lines
I have just produced my first document in Publisher 2003 and words are being split at the end of a line of text and carried over to the next line.How do I stop this happening please? Tools, Options, Edit tab Uncheck Hyphenation. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jimbog" <Jimbog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB5B8E0F-FB4A-4716-AF54-3C19CDE7C02E@microsoft.com... >I have just produced my first document in Publisher 2003 and words are >being > split at the end of a line of text and carried over to the next line.How > do I > stop this happening ple...

Copy chart into Word exactly!
Hi I have a full page landscape chart in excel, I want to be able to copy this page into word, but whenever I try and copy and paste it, the whole thing reformats and half the axes text has disappeared etc. Surely there must be a way around this? Thanks A very frustrated Lawrence! Things to try: Hold down the Shift key when you copy. This changes the Edit>Copy command to Edit>Copy Picture. Additionally, when Pasting into Word, use Edit>Paste Special & see if you have any other "source format" options available to you that might work better. HTH, "Lawrenc...

Migrate from NT domain to new 2003 ad domain
Hi, Currently I have a Windows NT 4.0 domain and an exchange 5.5 server. I have installed and configured a Windows 2003 server as a domain controller for a new domain and I configured a trust releationship between the two domains. I would like to migrate all of the exchange users on 5.5 to the new domain controller with exchange 2003 and have the profiles on the workstations update automatically to point to the new server while remaining in the old domain until I can migrate the domain. I have not installed exchange on the server yet please advise on the best steps to accomplish thi...

outlook 2003 junk mail filter not working.
I have junk mail filters enabled and lists of emails in my junk mail list, domains, etc. NONE of the messages are automatically going to my junk mail box. IS there something wrong with this? ANy help would be appreciated. Drowning in spam. Ive got the damn filter set to "high" and I'm still getting reams and reams of junk - obvious things like "Girls, girls, girls..." And Ive got it set to hide graphics, but it my mail still opens with pictures of large gazoongas. On top of that, even the rules Ive set up manually dont work. People I put on the blocked list still...

Outlook 2007 Configuration issue
Hi all, Here I have exchange server 2007 in the local configuration its working fine. I have two systems which i have configured with outlook 2007 with POP3 to my exchange server these two systems aslo working fine. these two systems are not at all in domain and the configuration is POP3:mail.domian.com SMTP:mail.domain.com and i checked that option "Leave a copy of message in Server" Now I am going to change those two systems, for that i have taken the backup and i am trying to configure the same account in the new system then its downloading all the mails fr...

Word is locked.
Word is open, but locked. Color wheel rotates when I select Word. How do I save my work? How do I exit? It seems as if Word has stopped responding. Right-click the taskbar in Windows and choose Task Manager from the context menu. Select Word in the list of tasks and click End Task. After Windows has closed the application, try restarting it. If the problem persists, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "CarolynL" <CarolynL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31DB6B47-342E-4FB8...

Making Lines and design boxes visible on printing in word
Hi I have created a report in access which is like a printable form.It is populated with fields .The form needs to have lines(EX. Name: __________________).I tried to place lines using the toolbox below each of the fields.Also it has a design including color field rectangles.My problem is on printing the document in word there are no lines seen neither are the rectangles.so basically it is a plane page with text.Can you please tell me what is the problem and which is the quickest and right way to achieve this! thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Prachi via AccessMo...

Strnage behaviour using personalined section in web.config
According to the possibility of use custom section that must follow a precise schema, I've implemented my own one. The problem is with the compiler, that when start to debug my application hang up on the line of the web.config telling me that the rule aren't stricly followed, but unfortunately it doesn't say me where the error is located. The strange thing is that using the schema in design-time, the schema works fine; for instance I've implemented a multiple-element parameter that is displayed correctly as well as the required or optional ones. For what I know, when a ...

Default Zoom Setting in Word 2007
Is there a way to set the default zoom setting in Word 2007? I'd like it to be page width, but most documents open up at either 90% or 100%, no matter what zoom setting it was on when I last closed. Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm. While you can use a macro to force all documents to open at the same Zoom setting, by default they will open in the view and at the Zoom in which they were saved. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions...

outlook 2003 send + receive
when sending and receiving in MS office outlook 2003 i press 'cancel all' and it doesnt cancel anything - the emails keep coming. does anyone know howstop this happening. thanks! "Cancell All" cancels the pending tasks and aborts the current task. Mails that are already received are still being processed. When your virusscanners scans the incoming mails there can be still a lot of mails in the "buffer". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Servi...

Word keeps failing
Word 2007 keeps crashing when I start it in safe mode or not. I tried a repair and that did not help. I did an un-install but that failed because files were missing. I ran the setup program to do a repair but it stated installing. Word still wouldn't start after that. So, I did an uninstall that got as far as asking me to reboot. Just after I clicked to do that I caught a quick glance of a pop-up saying that the un-install had failed but it was gone before I could see any of the details. After the reboot, I ran the installation again. Taht gave no errors but when I started Wo...

Error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook 2003
Whenever I hit send/receive in Outlook 2003, I receive just fine but I can't send anything. It always returns the error Task 'mail.server.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC13): 'Unable to connect to the network. Check your network connection or modem.' I have tried disabling all firewall softwares and virus scans but nothing seems to help. The only thing that I think has changed since it stopped working is that there was an update for Norton Antivirus 2004 and Norton Internet Security 2004. Please advise ...

Money 2003 Compatible with Windows Vista?
My old computer died so I got a new one running on Vista. I just installed Money 2003 (on original disk), which I had been using on my old computer (XP). It installed fine, but when I try to open my old file (from my old computer, copied onto new computer), it gives me the error message about not being able to open it. I've found the posts about it here and on other forums, and tried Microsoft's suggestion of using the minimal version of Money 2005 and running the file on that to convert it into a 2005 file. Did that (I did that on my laptop). Ran the new 2005 converted fil...

Word 2003 Custom Paper Size Won't Hold
In Word 2003 when I set a custom paper size to 7 x 10 inches it won't "hold." If I go to the margin tab and return, the paper size has switched to B5(JIS) which is 7.17 x 10.12 inches. Any ideas? Whenever you choose a size that is that close to one of the built-in sizes (which are determined by your printer driver), you'll see that result. About all you can do is throw in the towel and make up the difference with margin adjustments. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "scrags"...

How can I copy a list from word into a single cell in excel
Data in word is presented as a bullet list. I have copied this data into a new doc and removed the formatting to leave just the list of items. I now wish to copy this data into excel but want it to appear in one single cell retaining its list format rather than continuous text Well, you can save it as TEXT and then read into WORD. If you really want it in one cell, you can then concatenate the values together using a formula similar to this =A1&B1 If you want a space between the data, use =A1&" "&B1 Remember that there is a cell length limit that you may come...

Access 2003 query help please
Hello, I am in need of some advice for a table create query. I have to work with a database that is imported using XML from an online database. Unfortunately the online database is a single (flat) table of membership data. I need to generate a mailing list from that data. The problem is that each record may contain one of two addresses for the mailing to a member. One is the organization address they work at the other is an optional mailing address. If the optional mailing address is present those fields must be used, otherwise the fields containing the organization address should be us...

Sub-menus of main menus for Excel 2007
When I click the main menu the sub-menus apprear but they are not highlighted. How can I make it highlighted so I can use it? Any particular menus? All menus? What is "Main Menu"? Is the worksheet protected? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:10:01 -0700, Eleanor Peppard <Eleanor Peppard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click the main menu the sub-menus apprear but they are not highlighted. >How can I make it highlighted so I can use it? ...

MS Word Printing Blanks
I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local printer and the other printer is a network printer. When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine (Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything including whatever I have typed in print preview. I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer and that works fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office. Do you know why this would...

Email Blasts using Exchange 2003
We want to use our small business server 2003 (Exchange 2003) to send out email blasts to our customers, who will opt in for the blast. What are the capabilites to use our Exchange server to send out potential 3000-5000 emails at a time? If we cannot use Exchange is there a 3rd party app that attaches to exchange to do that? Thanks, John Exchange can do this, of course, but you may want to look at using a 3rd party service. If one or two people on your "blast" report you as spam, you will end up on a block list and they can be a pain to get off of. -- Jim McBee Blog -...

Word and Drawings
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi! <br> I have a problem in Word. When I go to View and costumize toolbar and try to click on drawing, I got the message that Word is not responding. <br> Also when I try to paste a picture in Word and update, table of contents, I got t he same message. I have tried to reinstall Word and Office, but it didn't help. I have also check the template normal.dotm. That's normally corrupt preferences: Try this: 1) If the following files exist, Remove or rename them: ~/Library/Prefere...

Data sharing between Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express 6
In an earlier version of Outlook and Outlook Express one could designate in the address book of Outlook Express to "share contact information among Microsoft Outlook and other applications. Address book data stored in Microsoft Outlook Contact Store." This was found in Tools/Options in the address book. Now I have updated to 2003 & 6 and am not able to find this same option. Is this possible to still implement and how is it done? That option only existed in the old IMO mode. You can replicate it with a reg hack: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ ...