Section Breaks

I inherited a 61 page document that has a table of contents.  There is a
section break that I want to delete.  I would like to delete all the section
breaks as it seems to make the page numbering start over.  How can I do that?

You don't have to delete the section breaks to make the page numbering
continuous. For each section, in the Page Number Format dialog box, choose
"Continue from previous section."

To display the dialog box, first activate the header and footer area, for
example by double-clicking the header. Then do the following:

- Click the Format Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar (Word
97-2003).

- Click Page Number | Format Page Numbers on the Header & Footer Tools
Design tab of the ribbon (Word 2007).

You can use the Next (Next Section) and Previous (Previous Section) buttons
to move between headers (footers) in any version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I inherited a 61 page document that has a table of contents.  There is a
> section break that I want to delete.  I would like to delete all the
> section
> breaks as it seems to make the page numbering start over.  How can I do
> that?

0
Stefan

Section header on subsequent pages of section
Hi! I am writing a technical guide that is about 100 pages. Each section has a nice section header with a black line at the top of the page. I would like this section header to be at the top of each page of the section. Right now this section header does not appear on the 2nd, 3rd, etc. page of the section. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Varvara Copy the graphic into the headers of those pages. There are three headers associated with each section Primary, First Page and Even Pages. It seems that you have content only in the first page header. -- <>><...

Add Page Break
I am trying to add a page break to my report so that I can print only one record per page. I saw a post for something similar and tried the method, but it was unsuccessful. I used a text counter and then added a page break. The post stated to add a code to the "Format Detail Event." I couldn't find that option to edit in the properties. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Jenna ...

Break up a name
Hello, I ahve a list of names, with middle initials, that I need to break up. For example the names are formatted like the following: Bayer, Daniel E. I need help with three results: the fist is the first name only; the second is the last name only. And the third, I know I can merge the results for the first and last name, but if there is a formula that will bring out the first and last together I would love to learn what that formula is. Thanks for the help. Jim Text to columns, separate on the comma. then text to columns separate on space. Jim wrote: > Hel...

My SMTP connector with outbound security enabled breaks the other connectors?
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Page Numbers and Sections
Hi all, My doument is numbered as follows: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, labeled as such at the bottom, center of each page, in the footer. Easy enough..... Page 6 is blank, therefore I don't want the word 'Page' nor a page number on that page. After I have sectioned off this page, how do I make this page completely blank. Thank for your help -- Chips and Charlie Chips and Charlie <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My doument is numbered as follows: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, > Page 5, labeled as su...

print "over flow" of details section on a second page
Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? THanks Page footers are rarely "disturbed". I can't imagine what you mean... :-( -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kyle775" wrote: > Right now i have a report that most often prints on a single page. > Sometimes i need the details section to over flow on to a second page > without disturbing the page footer. Is this easily done? > THanks > > On 20...

Fields in detail section of form
Hi All, In one of my applications, I have the following situation. For a certain school activity to which all children can attend, some children have to pay and some children can attend free. The background and difference between these two groups is not relevant now. In a (continuous) form, all these children are listed, sorted by class and name. Listed fields are name, class ´┐Żnd the sum to pay. My question is about this amount-field. Even when a child doesn't have to pay, this field is shown (with value 0). As you can imagine, I have the wish that the user only sees this field if ...

How did I break the cell display limit?
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most, most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As I understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but will only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in the petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters. Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this: ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actual contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I ha...

How do I make a section link to certain sections
How di I make section link to certain sections Link in what way? Note that if you are referring to a header (or footer), it can only be linked to its "neighbor" in the preceding section. But you can bookmark text that you want to duplicate and then insert a cross-reference to the bookmark into your header (footer). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Delicate" <Delicate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30534AB8-1830-4D7C-A0C0-C27786434540@microsoft.com... > How di I make section link to certain se...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Inserting additional sections
How do I insert an additional section in a way that automatically pushes the existing sections down to accomodate the new section? Thanks A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from D&S <D&S@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > How do I insert an additional section in a way that automatically > pushes the existing sections down to accomodate the new section? Add new pages, then add section breaks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_ner...

Delete file in "most recent used" section
I have two files that I have moved on my computer. Now whenever I load excel it tells me that a file is missing, and the "open a workbook" section contains two files which no longer exist. How can I delete these from "open workbook". When I click on them, obviously Excel can't locate them. Thanks Click on Tools....Options....clear the recently used file list....click on Okay. The history should be cleared. Repeat steps to have that feature return. "Scott" wrote: > I have two files that I have moved on my computer. Now whenever I load excel >...

Sections
In word you are able to see where section breaks are located. How do you tell in Publisher? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from GMS <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > In word you are able to see where section breaks are > located. How do you tell in Publisher? Small breaks appear between the pages on the page navigation bar. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

subtracting a break from hours worked
windows xp, excel 2003. i have never used any type of spreasheet before so am needing help. i have downloaded cpearson's timesheet which was a great help for setting up my timesheet. it works great but i'm having a problem deducting 0.5hr break, this break does not have a start or finish time. i dont know where in the formula to put the break. the sheet is set up like this: start time finish time break total hours worked 13:00 22:00 0.5 8.5 the formula i am using is =(I2-H2+(I2<H2))*24 where do i put the break part of the formula. any help would be mos...

Breaking up large message #2
Hi, Anybody can give me information why there is no breaking up large message facility in microsoft outlook ? Regards I think because that feature isn't much needed in today's Internet as it was in days gone by (but I could be wrong about that) "Darlie" <darmawan_suria@bca.co.id> wrote in message news:044501c392fe$f92adc30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Anybody can give me information why there is no breaking > up large message facility in microsoft outlook ? ...

Breaking out to an external anchor
I am trying to set up an HTML e-mail to be delivered to several Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have page anchors within this HTML e-mail that work correctly when used with <a href="#anchorname">link</a>. However, I also want there to be links to external file, including page anchors. For example: <a href="file://///servername/directory/file.html#anotheranchor">link</a> Clicking on the above link will open the default web browser (I've tried both Firefox and IE and both exhibit the same symptoms) and open the file (ok, great) BUT, it will not inclu...

SECTIONS IN P/2000
ARE "SECTION BREAKS" AVAILABLE IN P/2000? THEY ARE NOT ON MY "INSERT" MENU. It is not a feature of 2000... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DAVE-DID-IT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7aff01c47705$fa453d40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > ARE "SECTION BREAKS" AVAILABLE IN P/2000? > THEY ARE NOT ON MY "INSERT" MENU. > > thanks--glad to know i'm not nuts >-----Original Message----- >It is not a feature of 2000... > &g...

Section Breaks
I have a report set up in landscape layout. My report doesn't fit on a standard paper and I do not want to use legal paper. So my report is mutlitple pages. Is there a way to break a report vertically instead of horizontally? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. The only way I can think of, is to set your report up with carefully selected left-right margins, and carefully select where you place things/size about the division. There is nothing anything like what you ask for. It is possible to pre-place a report on multiple pages, for instance by using a sub-form for eac...

Line break from vLookup
Greetings all, I have a worksheet where cell B8 and B10 perform a vLookup based on a data validation in B6: =IF(B6="","",(VLOOKUP(B6,Position,2,0))) IF(B6="","",VLOOKUP(B6,AD_Groups,2,0)) I have the following code in place to perform a line break after each comma in the returned value. It works great the first time, but then anytime I change or add something to any cell in the range B1:B10 it adds another line break to B8 and B10. Anything after B10 is fine and doesn't affect the previous cells. I guess what I'm asking is if...

Every cell has a page break?!?!
Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around every cell. Couldn't figure out out to remove the breaks. It wouldn't allow you to remove them. If you hit print preview it would say something like 1 to 4000 pages. Is there a simple fix for this? You should be able to go to view and hit normal right above page break preview. "Garyntx" wrote: > Someone at my office had a file that when opened. (Excel 2007) would show > every cell with page breaks showing hidden lines around...

How do I print just the section a through f only?
Version 2003 Thank you for any help. Sincerely, Colors Highlight the cells you want to print, eg A1:F45, and click File | Print Area | Set Print Area. Then if you do File | Print Preview you can see what it will look like before printing it out. Hope this helps. Pete Colors wrote: > Version 2003 > > Thank you for any help. > > Sincerely, > > Colors Select the range in A through F and File>Print Area>Set Print Area Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:08:01 -0700, Colors <Colors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Version 2003 > ...

KB972076 breaks our webmail?
After installing KB972076 (Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2)our webmail doesn't work any more with the error below Anyone else seen this or know why it's happening? Uninstalling KB972076 fixes webmail again. Error message:- Request Url: https://xxxx.xxxx.org.uk:443/owa/auth/error.aspx User host address: 192.168.xxx.xxx Exception Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaInvalidConfigurationException Exception message: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long. Call stack Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.OwaC...

sections
i have just been given an it assignment that asks for data to be put in, in two sections income and expenditure i've been all through the help and can't find anything about spliting the sheet into sections have a look at window>split -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "blurry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B14519C0-C112-4750-8AE2-083A3FEEF6E3@microsoft.com... > i have just been given an it assignment that asks for data to be put in, in two sections income and expenditure i've been all through the help and can'...

Importing section pages and subpages to a new section
Hello, I am new to OneNote and am creating a template notebook for my business. I've set-up the layout of pages and subpages I want in one section and wonder how to bring that same layout to other sections without having to redo everything - seems like there should be a way to do this automatically. Thanks in advance. ...

Disable Tab and/or Section in form
Hi i have another question. May i disable by javascript a tab a/o section in a form? If it is possible can you give me a sample? Thank's Marco Rocca Marco, Here are instructions for hiding a tab: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/?p=3 Thanks, Mitch ...