Paste Label into Workbook

I want to print information I extracted/copied/pasted into a Word 2003
document. I want to print it on an address label of 2 labels per A4 page
seperated in middle horizontally. I can then peel it off and paste it into my
A5 paper workbook I write notes in. To do so I need to print on one of the 2
labels and preferably vertically to look like a A5 page. Hope this make sense.

Although you can certainly find a "label" definition that will give you two
labels (portrait) per landscape page, much the easiest approach is to use
the "2 pages per sheet" setting under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of
Page Setup. This gives you two logical pages per sheet. You can type on page
1 and print it or leave page 1 blank (by inserting a manual page break) and
type on page 2 and print it. Or of course you can print both pages. If you
have multiple pages, however, and choose to print a specific page (or
"Current page"), it will always print on the left (not a problem if you just
rotate the label sheet).

The advantage of the "pages" approach compared to the "label" approach is
that the labels will be set up as table cells, with all their attendant
limitations. On a page, you can use any kind of formatting you desire
(including a page border) and the normal keys for Tab (as opposed to
Ctrl+Tab), and so on.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Flyfish.WP" <FlyfishWP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to print information I extracted/copied/pasted into a Word 2003
> document. I want to print it on an address label of 2 labels per A4 page
> seperated in middle horizontally. I can then peel it off and paste it into
> my
> A5 paper workbook I write notes in. To do so I need to print on one of the
> 2
> labels and preferably vertically to look like a A5 page. Hope this make
> sense.

0
Suzanne

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Mailing Labels
I'm following all of the instructions for making labels from an Outlook 2002 contacts folder, and then all I end up with is a word doc full of blank labels. Any suggestions? Thanks. hmmn, did you insert the fields ? "mychael" <mcneeley@simplyweb.net> wrote in message news:03ee01c3a684$62b9e630$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm following all of the instructions for making labels > from an Outlook 2002 contacts folder, and then all I end > up with is a word doc full of blank labels. Any > suggestions? Thanks. ...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

Shared workbook strange files
We have a shared xls with the following properties: * Allow changes by more than one user at the same time * Keep change history for 30 days * Update changes when the file is saved * Ask me which changes win What we have at the moment in the directory where this file is situated, is all strange kinds of files, i.e. D4FFA000 FFCD2000 The extension on these file types just shows "File", and when I open them the content seems to be the same as that of the XLS file. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. By the way, will it make much of a difference that we use Excel 2003/2002/2000 on ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...

Copy and Paste in Excel, copies cell and formula, but shows same v
Excel 2003 with 2007 converters installed. Not constant problem, but have seen it once before, can't remember how to stop it happening. I have a bank forecast which I have a running total column, against a individual line item list. Noddy stuff. Problem. If I make changes to the forecast I need to recopy down the running total formula to refresh the running total when it doesn't pick up the additions, usual when a cut has been pasted in. Whilst it allows me to dragdown or copy and paste the formula and the new cells take on the correct line/column numbers to do thei...

Adding the contents of cells from other workbooks
Dear All I am trying to develop a tour sheet which has values in given cells. I have created a master tour sheet in another workbook so that when you input numbers on the original worksheet they transfer overto the master workbook. I want to be able to transfer data to the master workbook from multiple, separate worksheets/books (other people will have copies of the worksheet and fil it in.) This is where i am struggling is how can i get the data to add when other sheets are filed in as at the moment it just replaces the original data in the master copy instead of adding to it. Hope i have e...

No paste as CSV option in the Paste Special selection
A client of mine is running Excel 2000. When they select Paste Special, CSV is not available as an option. The data she's copying is not the problem since I have tested it here. Any comments/suggestions?? Thanks Mike When you copy, you're copying raw data, not a file. If you want to convert XL data to .CSV, you need to take the data to a separate workbook and do a File, Save As, and select CSV. ...

Prevent Excel closing all workbook instances when clicking on "X"
I open multiple Excel documents by double clicking on them. This seems to introduce them into the same instance of Excel. When I try to close one of those documents it want's to close all of the documents. This doesn't happen when I open the Excel shell first and browse to eace file I want to open. How can I make Excel documents open in their own separate instance when double clicking on them? Excel behaves differently than MSWord. With tools|Options|View tab|Windows in taskbar checked, if you click on the appication's titlebar's X, you're closing the application--so...

Multi-Page table pasting as just one page
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm working with multi-page documents containing tables - once those documents are done the finished tables on them must be copy/pasted into another master document, containing many multi-page tables. The problem is that sometimes (maybe 25% of the time) a multi-page table that I copy from one document pastes into the master document as just one page. <br><br>The pasted 1pg table is hard to describe - the top of the table reaches far above and below the page (into the margins, right up against the ed...

Paste to adjacent cells
Hi All If I have Data in cells A1 to A10 or C1 to C23 etc and I want to paste more Data along side, to B1 to B10 or D1 to D23. Even better would be if I could paste to either side of the data. Is there away to do this without having to highlight those cells, this would save me allot of time. Thanks in Advance Dave, When you paste, it pastes the amount of stuff you've copied. If you've copied 10 vertical cells, that's what it's gonna paste. You need only select the top-left-most cell before you do a paste. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period ne...

copy paste #4
Hi we have a worksheet that contains a lot of data. there is a lot of merged cell what i want to do is copy and paste the values of the cells from one worksheet to another identical worksheet the first worksheet contains a lot of links i need to break these links on the second worksheet and display the text values of these cells When i try to do this in a macro i am getting an error message telling me cells not compatable any ideas how i can resolve this ? thanks in advance kevin Hi probably your merged cells cause this problems. Your formats are not identical for both sheets. Try to av...

Copying from 2007 (past 65Kth row) to 2003
Fill in 4 cells in 2007, A300000:B300001, putting in the values 1,2,3,4 to easily identify them. Select and copy the (square) range of 4 cells. Open 2003 and paste to cell A3. Interestingly, only the contents of (2007's) A65536:B65536 will be pasted to 2003's cell A3. (or any destination in 2003). To verify, put =row() & "C" & column() in A65536:B65536 and repeat. Was this patched or something...or do you duplicate the behavior? Same machine with dual 2003/2007 installation. 2003 is version SP2. I can't tell you with my 2007. (Yes, that's right. 2007's...

Calling a Personal.XLS Sub from anther workbook's 'This Workbook' Sheet Activate
I have a Sub in module1 of Personal.XLS. I can run it from Tools/Macro just fine from any Workbook. However, I would like to be able to run it from any Workbook's 'This Workbook'/Sheet Activate. The Sub's name is RemovePI. I put 'Call RemovePI' in Sheet activate and that produced an error saying something like "Sub or Function not defined." I tried Call [Personal.XLS].[Module1].RemovePI' and got an error 424-Object Required. I then tried to establish a reference to Personal.xls to see if that would cure the problem but was not allowed to do i...

Pasting
Hi, I know this is a very basic question but when in some of my worksheet when I try and paste a cell I've selected I always get a open fil message which is trying to prompt me to paste to another workbook Currently I just click cancel and everything is fine. How can I sto this from happening. Rick -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I've never seen anything like this. How are you pasting? (Edit|Paste, ctrl-V???) And is that open file message asking you to open a file or it needs to have a file opened? Can you give some more info? (and what version of excel you&#...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi guys: WorkBook "A" - The primary workbook I am working with. WorkBook "B".Sheet "B" - the worksheet that has data I need on a worksheet in workbook "A" Workbook "A" is open to a blank worksheet, Open WorkBook "B" Sheet "B". copy the data off the page, paste the data in the worksheet in Workbook "A", then want to close WorkBook "B" Sheet "B". ' Open Returns Document RTNFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Open SpreadSheet to Import") Workbooks.Open (RTNFile...

concatenate will not paste special
Hi I am trying to concatenate first name and last name columns, all is good till I copy and paste special.....It say copy and paste area is not the same size...and it is. Here is the real dilemma, when I copy and past the data into a new spread sheet and concatenate it works, except in certain records it drops the actual name and I end up with a blank field, that causes great grief when I send said data to another process that strips blank lines and shifts remaining data up resulting in an absolute train wreck of srong names to addresses. Help If desired, send your file ...

Data Series Label Positioning
Excel 2007 I have an bar chart that has vertically oriented data labels that are centered on each bar of the chart. I need to reproduce that for another chart, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I got it to work the first time. I know how to add the series label to the chart and to flip the labels vertically, but the labels all appear above the bar instead of being centered within the bar. How do I get the series labels to automatically center within each bar? Thanks for any insight that you can provide. --Tom Hi, Select the data labels. CTRL+1 to display format d...