paper size not listed in page setup

Hi,
I'm using office 2003. When I go to page setup - Paper tab - In the paper
size box I cannot find the 11x17 option. I looked on other machines and it is
listed in theirs. Do I have to add it somehow?
Thanks

Word displays only the page sizes that are defined by the currently selected
printer driver. If you happen to be pointing to a printer that can't handle
anything larger than Letter size, then you won't see 11x17" in the list. Make
sure you've selected the same printer as the other computers have.

--
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP          FAQ: http://word.mvps.org

"rakaca" wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using office 2003. When I go to page setup - Paper tab - In the paper
> size box I cannot find the 11x17 option. I looked on other machines and it is
> listed in theirs. Do I have to add it somehow?
> Thanks

Unique List
Hi All, I have a list of items, say in Column A, with many duplicates. In cell B1 I want to put validation with a dropdown list to display the items of column A without duplicates. Can I do that? I am using Excel 2000. Thanks foer your help. Regards Ashik I'd use data|filter|advanced filter like the way Debra Dalgleish explains it: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Ashik wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have a list of items, say in Column A, with many > duplicates. In cell B1 I want to put validation with a > dropdown list to display the items of co...

How do I print an invitation on 5x5 size paper?
I want to print an invitation on card stock that measures 5.25" by 5.25". How do I print? Printer only wants to print standard size paper. Can you setup custom size stock on your printer? Most printers these days are capable of custom sizes. What version Publisher are you using? If you are using Publisher 2007, after you setup your printer for custom size, File, Page setup, Advanced (on the right), type 5.25 width 5.25 height. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A90DD897-BF13-418B-8B40-FE7C78B4E...

List of accepted SMTP addresses
Does anyone know if there is a way to extract a list of the valid SMTP addresses that an Exchange 2000/2003 server will accept. Some ISP's provide an anti-spam service and charge for the number of mail addresses used however Exchange accepts all mail for the domain and then decides whether to reject it. Alternatively is there a way to get the SMTP service to reject connection if the user is unknown. ...

Saving multiple worksheets as individual Web pages
I receive a workbook each month with 15 worksheets. I need to save each individual worksheet as a Web page to post to our Intranet, so I end up having to Save As Web page 15 times. Is there an easier or more automated way? Thanks for your help. record saving one as a macro then edit it to see the code for how to do it, then play around with that : for x=1 to 15 sheets(x). then the code for the saving as next x somehting like that. >-----Original Message----- >I receive a workbook each month with 15 worksheets. I >need to save each individual worksheet as a Web page to...

Set Receive Message Size for Individual Mailbox
Hello. Exchange 2007 I am trying to increase the Maximum Receive Message Size for an individual mailbox to 20MB, so this one account can receive large attachments from external senders. I did the obvious change in the "Mail Flow Settings --> Message Size Restrictions" in the mailbox's property, but I still get a NDR saying size exceeds fixed maximum. It seems like the email is being rejected before it even gets to check the individual mailbox's property. Any advice? You probably have lower limits somewhere along the message's path. Here's a gui...

Macro to take most recent date in long list?
Okay I have a spread sheet with the follwing columns: Item Warehouse Last Sale A 1 50129 A 1 60625 A 2 51001 A 2 40329 B 1 60515 etc. Can I create a macro that will give me the last Sale for each item in each WH? For example - Item A, WH 1 - 60625, Item A, WH 2 - 51001? I can put the data anywhere (new worksheet, new column, etc) Or maybe I don't need a macro - maybe the...

How to create mailing list
How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who all belong to that group? Please advise. I read your documentation on the internet but it seems that my version of vista mail does not have it. Thank you in advance for your help Rolland "Rolland & Nycole" <rb.merlin@videotron.ca> wrote in message news:OGWUWwuPLHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can we create a mailing list to send email to a group of person who > all belong to that group? Please advise. > > I read your documentation on the internet but it seems...

Show list of data from query than can be selected.
I'm wanting to have a list with my subform that lists all of the table entries for a particular individual (contact log). Easy enough with a filtered query. Problem is that I want to be able to select a record from that (synopsis) list and have that record made as the current record in the sub-form, so that the record is easier to update. Hope that makes sense. If it helps, when you select a record in a continuous form or SubForm, that record becomes the current record of that form. piperhayes wrote: >I'm wanting to have a list with my subform that lists all of the table &...

Size limit on Outlook Notes.
Somebody at MSFT must know how many characters one can fit on a Note, or approximate word count. ...

Global setting for attachment size not working
here is the error message This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Did this, global settings 20000k http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322679 Even after a reboot of the exchange server, the users still cannot receive attachments larger than 10 meg which was the default setting. Windows 2003/domain/servers Exchange 2003 Any ideas? Thanks ...

Pre-Cut Paper
I have pre-cut paper that I want a b-day printed on. When I go into publisher 2007 and I set the page up to 5 x 7 when you go into the print view its on a 8 1/2 x 11. How do I have the page just 5x7 so that when it printers its not printing incorrectly. I want it to be just like when you set up a page in word. Not all of this extra space when you print? Nikki wrote: > I have pre-cut paper that I want a b-day printed on. When I go into publisher > 2007 and I set the page up to 5 x 7 when you go into the print view its on a > 8 1/2 x 11. How do I have the page just 5x7 so that ...

Need formula to calculate List Price.
Need help with an excel formula to figure out the list price. I was given the discount (%) and my net price but I want to figure out what was the origin list price before the discount was applied. I have following cells which have the data I need to look at to get final cost. A10 - Contains the net price (my price) B10 - Contains my discount (%) C10 - Where I want the list price to appear (price before discount was applied) I need a formula that will calculate what amount my discount was based on (list price). One way: =A10/(1-B10) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------...

paper
paper ...

Data Validation List #5
I have several lists that I would like to put into drop down boxes. I tried going to data>validation and then chose list (and select my list) and no drop down box shows up. This is strange since if I go to a new sheet and do the same thing I can create a list. Any ideas why I can get it to work with my existing sheet? Thanks! A couple of thoughts Make sure that you have the 'In-cell dropdown box checked in the Data>Validation>Settings tab. In Tools>Options, View tab, under 'Objects' make sure the 'Hide All' box is not checked. -- HTH RP (remove n...

Keep all Tect Boxes the same size (depth)
Hi using pub 2007 I am creating an A5 double sided recipe book Each page will have 1, 2, 3 or 4 recipes I have created a text box manually around each recipe name from margin to margin until it looks right & fill the box with 40% black. All text fonts are the same size How would I ensure that all my text boxes were the same depth ? -- Martin ���� After you create your text box, right-click the box, format text box, check *Apply settings to new text boxes". Of course you can copy/paste. Place your cursor where you want the paste, right-click, click paste. You may have some probl...

Paper Sources
Hiya, We have printers with multiple trays which are configured for their specific paper type; tray 2 is headed, tray 4 is plain etc. These settings are configured in Word, so first page is Letterhead and other pages are Plain. This all seems to work OK using a PCL6 printer set as the default, but if a user's default printer is a PostScript one, Word changes the paper source to be auto select for page 1 and Color (!!!!) for other pages? Any ideas? Thanks ...

Having a Row Appear as the First Row on Every Page
I have a large grid type sheet with a row about 60 columns wide with al of the column headings in it. I'd like this row to apear as the firs one on every page. I haven't been able to get it to work as a heade so I'm looking for another solution. To date I've just copied an pasted it but that means a lot of work to adjust page breaks etc. a the report changes. If anyone knows how to get a row to appear as th first one on every page, I'd really appreciate the advice -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Go to File / Page Setup and the Sheet tab gives you...

adjust a CListBox's size according to the texts fed...
Hi, I want to adjust a CListBox's size according to the texts fed into the box. I use the CDC pointer obtained from the box and CDC::GetTextExtent(). But it ends up with a box bigger than necessary to commodate the texts. I also try CDC::GetTextMetrics() to calculate the height but the box is still to big. Can you help? Thanks. Tony ps. I found something in the CDC::GetTextExtent()'s document that may be the problem: "Since some devices do not place characters in regular cell arrays (that is, they carry out kerning), the sum of the extents of the characters in a st...

outlook reached maximum size
I have Outlook 2002 and am unable to send or receive emails or move items - get an error msg saying 'outlook.pst has reached its maximum size'. I have deleted some stuff but obviously not enough as still have problem. If I remove my archive files in outlook onto a memory stick a) will this solve the problem and b) will I be able to pull them back to access the info if and when needed - is this easy to do? Or should I be doing something else to solve the problem It is complaining that your main PST file has reached maximum item or file size (most likely the later). T...

How to copy a publisher page to different publication?
We are creating machine maintenance manuals for customers. Each manual is different and copying difrent pages from a varies publisher files is very important in having a special manual for that coustomer. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Norm L" <Norm L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBEEEC7-1806-4269-B652-FE067E1F8C29@microsoft.com... > We are creating machine maintenance manuals for customers. Each manual is > different and cop...

Distribution list In Exchange limitation.
I have trouble to make Distribution list with Exchange. I cant add ALL my people. Is there a limitation whit this feature? Is there a way to do a Distribution list whit any number of people in it? Thanks, (steve.poirier@transcontinental.ca) ...

Workbook page is not normal size
I have a workbook that is only about 1/2 screen size, vertical and horizontal. It does not have the 3 buttons at the top right corner for minimize, enlarge/reduce and close. I can only get to the worksheet tabs when I select View - Full Screen. I also cannot get to the left/right page shift bar at the bottom unless I am in Full Screen mode. When placing the cursor at the edges, it does not change to the double arrow which would allow the page to be pulled out (enlarged). What could be the problem and/or resolution to get this to be a normal workbook page with the options replaced ...

Find lowest 5 values in a list of 10
I am trying to find an easy way to determine the lowest 5 values in a list of 10 and add those values together. There are 150 lists involved in which the determination is to be made. I will then compare the sums of the 150 lists and determine the lowest 10 sums. What is the easiest way to do this using Excel? one way: =SUM(SMALL(A1:A10,{1,2,3,4,5})) In article <8E563BD5-43FB-4BC7-A26B-012EFB864034@microsoft.com>, "JoeB" <JoeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to find an easy way to determine the lowest 5 values in a list of > 10 and add...

How do I begin typing on a page?
I downloaded Windows 7 but I can't begin typing on the page. My Enable type and click doesn't show on the edit on the tool bar. Well, I'm not sure what you downloaded, but presumably it wasn't Windows 7, which is an operating system. Perhaps it was the Office 2007 trial, which must be activated before you can use it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "chpymnky" <chpymnky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4DADAE-BC74-4A15-9C39-428D980E0645@microsoft.com......

O.T. Paper ?
Now that I've gotten help on getting Publisher all setup...I need some suggestions on paper. I am using Epson presentation paper (previously called photo quality ink jet paper) It works absolutely perfectly for the publication but is only avail. in packs of 100. I need at least 1000 sheets or more...and at a lower price than what I can get from Epson. I've heard there are Epson equivalents but thus far cannot find any. Thanks http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/search.do?searchtype=simple&catg=1&simplesearchfor=photo+paper&simpleitemtype=0 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP htt...