Page Number Problem It resets to 1 of 1

I have Word 2007, Vista.  I have added a page number (built in format, at
position, x of y) in a header first page (different), it is in a table.  The
page number (x of y) is also in the footer (which is blank on the 'different'
first page).  The footer page number works fine.  If i put the page number in
the rest of the page headers, it works fine.  Problem - the page number in
the first page header automatically updates as pages are added, deleted.
But, when the docx is closed and then reopened it resets the x of y in the
first page header to 1 of 1.  If i click in the header, it updates correctly.

I've been trying different ways to get it to work, none of which have.  But
it used to reset itself (from correct to incorrect) all by itself, as it
would be correct, and then in a few seconds, (not touching anything, keybd,
mouse, nothing) it would just change to 1 of 1.  I have never seen anything
like that one!  But it's not doing this.  I had someone else looking at the
doc i emailed to them, and they saw it too.  I would have said it was
impossible.

--
Thank you.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"c1225" <c1225@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Word 2007, Vista.  I have added a page number (built in format, at
> position, x of y) in a header first page (different), it is in a table.
> The
> page number (x of y) is also in the footer (which is blank on the
> 'different'
> first page).  The footer page number works fine.  If i put the page number
> in
> the rest of the page headers, it works fine.  Problem - the page number in
> the first page header automatically updates as pages are added, deleted.
> But, when the docx is closed and then reopened it resets the x of y in the
> first page header to 1 of 1.  If i click in the header, it updates
> correctly.
>

> I've been trying different ways to get it to work, none of which have.
> But
> it used to reset itself (from correct to incorrect) all by itself, as it
> would be correct, and then in a few seconds, (not touching anything,
> keybd,
> mouse, nothing) it would just change to 1 of 1.  I have never seen
> anything
> like that one!  But it's not doing this.  I had someone else looking at
> the
> doc i emailed to them, and they saw it too.  I would have said it was
> impossible.
>
> --
> Thank you.

0
Suzanne

generate random numbers..
Hi..!! is it possible for excel to generate random numbers, let's say lik product numbers..?? if it's possible.. then how... thx.. -- xyncr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- xyncro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26847 There's the RAND() function and, in the Analysis Tool Pack, the RANDBETWEEN function. They may return duplicates, however. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:53:39 -0500, xyncro <xyncro.1e0nxy@excelforum-nospam.co...

listing 1 of value in column of multiples
Hi, is there a way of listing 1 of items that may be be in multiples in a column? example: Column A Column B 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 1234 £5000 1234 £5000 6875 £7800 i have column a listed via data validation so the sum next to it will always read the same as any matching figure in the column. i only want it to list the number once giving me: 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 6875 £7800 thanks in advance NS Use Advanced filtering: Pull-down: Data > Filter > Advanc...

Problems with 11.4.0 updates
I have tried several times to update Office 2004 with the 11.4.0 updates. Each time, I get as far as a screen that tells me that the program is "searching for programs to update." The rainbow disk spins forever, and I finally when I go to force quit the update, I am told it is not responsive. For what it is worth, I have upgraded to Leopard and use Firefox. I would appreciate any thoughts! Don On 2/20/08 11:45 AM, in article ee8e2c0.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "deleomeyer@officeformac.com" <deleomeyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have tried several times to upd...

550 5.7.1 messages
lately some of my users get the following message: From: System Administrator >Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:28 AM >To: sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com >Subject: Undeliverable: **Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter** > >Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: Document Closeout > Sent: 3/7/2007 11:27 AM > >The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com on 3/7/2007 11:28 AM > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance,...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

Problem.... Nested countifs?
I want to be able to count the number of clients who are marked as "X" in column Q .... and who are marked as "Low" in column M. I tried countif... but it counted the number of clients marked Low and added it to the number of X's. tia Nick. try =sumproduct((q2:q200="X")*(m2:m200="Low")) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Nick" <morpheseus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BbB3e.878545$Xk.1243@pd7tw3no... > I want to be able to count the number of clients who are marked as "X" in > column Q .....

CListCtrl problem
I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have clicked on. I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 columns. I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find out which column. Urgent help needed please!! Thanks in advance. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to know how I could find which column of a listview I have >clicked on. >I have a listcctrl which is of type report and it has 50 rows with 20 >columns. >I have been able to find out which row has been clicked but I need to find...

find the largest number in column
How do get Excel (Ofc 2000) to check all the numbers in column B to find the largest number and copy it into cell C3? Jack "Jack" <jslimp01@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:OTobvLDQFHA.2252@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > How do get Excel (Ofc 2000) to check all the numbers in column B to find the > largest number and copy it into cell C3? > > Jack > > In C3, enter =MAX(B:B) /Fredrik Jack, Use the MAX function. In cell C3, use the following formula: =MAX(B:B) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpe...

The OpenReport Action was Canceled problem.
I have a report with a sub report on it, when I run the report in the .ADP application the report works fine, when I create an .ADE and run the same report it does not run, I get the following error: "The OpenReport action was canceled" After further research I found out that the below code will only work for .ADP, what would be the work around to have this work for an ..ADE? strSQL = "SELECT ......FROM AView WHERE ShowId = '" & pubShowID & "'" DoCmd.OpenReport "ExhReport_SubReportRepGroups", acViewDesign Set subRpt...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

Tracking Numbers on Invoices
How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it on? SOP10107 "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4050F1D4-7BF2-4A8F-9DBD-00973E84CC92@microsoft.com... > How do I add the field tracking numbers to my invoice? What table is it > on? > > I need to print the LAST tracking number when multiple tracking numbers are used on the invoice. How can this be done? Thanks. "HSalim[MVP]" wrote: > SOP10107 > > "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

converting numbers to seconds or minutes
I need enter some numbers in a cell from a hard copy report. The prin out column is in time format eg Let say cell C1 is 1:14 meaning one minute and 14 seconds. However I do not want to type type th colon : I want to type just 114 (to save time in data entry) an convert that automatically to seconds. I guess I need to create a input mask first then convert the number to seconds. What formul will recognize my data entry and convert it to seconds? I guess th value on the data entry is not time but just numerical value -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out ...

Problem Installing latest Outlook 2003 Junk Filer Update
This update refuses to install. I get the message that "An unavailable network source is needed" (or words to that effect). The Network source is this: D:\MSOCache\All Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ There is NO D:\MSOCache\ folder (and yes I have enabled hidden and system files) and in any case that's not where Office 2003 was installed from. I navigate to PRO11.msi file on my Office 2003 CD, select it (that's the file the update is asking for) and nothing happens! I just get a box saying "Update Failed". How useful is THAT, MS? No detail as to WH...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

Excel formula(?) for choosing only 1 cell..
Hi ~ Is it possible to create a formula or rule that allows only 1 cell within a designated range to be selected? Similar to a survey where the user can only choose 1 option.This is for an internal shipping request form and I want requestors to be able to select only 1 service level (overnight, ground, etc.). So if they click on one then change their mind, clicking on the correct box "moves" the check mark. Thx Easy way would be a ListBox from the Forms menu. select View, Toolbars, Forms and select the Listbox and draw a box. Rightmouse and select Format Control, and select...

Total working hours problem if it start from 30 at night and ends on the 31 morning
Dear all, i am using this to get the total wroking hours per day TOTAL WORKING HOURS PER DAY: DateDiff("n",[TIME IN],[TIME OUT]+DateDiff ("n",[TIME IN 2],[TIME OUT 2]))/60 It is working perfectly until i have this Employee Name Day Date Time Clock In/OUT Tia Kareem Fri 10/30/2009 5:59pm IN Tia Kareem Sat 10/31/2009 3:27am OUT IF i will use the same expression i will be getting total working hours per day : -14.53 Employee Name Date IN ...

Numbers show instead of text
I entered text into some cells, and it shows up as numbers. What do I do? What sort of text? Where is it entered? What type of numbers? A small example would be nice. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 14:36:02 -0700, Mcoste <Mcoste@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I entered text into some cells, and it shows up as numbers. What do I do? It sounds like you have the data formatted for numeric in the first row of that column. Select the problem cells, right click, select format cells, and select Number type of "General". Good Luck! "Mcoste&quo...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...