Page Layout - Page Colour - Blue as Default

Word 2010
How do I create a default background colour

In earlier versions this was done by Tools>Options>General and selecting the
colouyr and this remained the default colour.  Am able to open a blue
background in Word 2010 but not able to make it the default colour so that it
opens in blue automatically.

Also Envelops - how can the return address be made the default address

The option that you mention was dropped in Office 2007.

If you create a template in which you set the background colour to Blue, and
save that template, documents that you create from that template will have
that background.

The set the Return Address, in the Mailings tab of the Ribbon, click on the
Envelopes item in the Create section and insert the required return address
into the Return address space.  When you then either Print the envelope of
Add it to the document, you will be asked "Do you want to save the new
return address as the default return address?"  Click on Yes if that is what
you want to do.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"poor1" <poor1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2010
> How do I create a default background colour
>
> In earlier versions this was done by Tools>Options>General and selecting
> the
> colouyr and this remained the default colour.  Am able to open a blue
> background in Word 2010 but not able to make it the default colour so that
> it
> opens in blue automatically.
>
> Also Envelops - how can the return address be made the default address

0
Doug

Including custom layouts with an add-in
Hello all, Question: How do I distribute custom layouts with an add-in I've created? Details: I am writing an add-in which retrieves data from a database and creates a slide or slides based on the results. The add-in is pretty much complete and seems to work fine. As part of this process I created several custom layouts and added them to the default slide master. Now when I try to test the add-in machines other than the one it was developed on I embarrassingly notice the layouts are not available. My assumption was if the macro-enabled powerpoint I used to generate the...

How to set a default currency

Viewing pst file as default when opening Outlook 2003
I'm not clear how to keep my 'personal' files as the default when opening Outlook 2003 on my desktop. We have a server version that seems to take precedent over my personal folders when I open the program from my desktop. I only want touse/view the email from our server's version and have (by default) the personal folders always visible first. Please help. Thanks. "Scuba Steve" <ScubaSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CB6A717-F196-42F9-8228-49F7B020E2F8@microsoft.com... > I'm not clear how to keep my 'personal' files as ...

colouring cells
I never have a problem with colouring/filling cells, but this time seems to only fill colour within a cell surrounding text - please help!! Please help us to help you, by describing clearly what steps you usually use, what you did differently this time, and exactly how the result is different from what you expected. Also mention what version of Word you have. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Joey wrote: > I never have a problem wit...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, please help me. I have Exchchange 2007 (final-tryout) and 4 accepted authoritative domain with 4 email address policies (each domain have one of email address policy). My users has 4 smtp addresses (user@domain1, user@domain2 ...). Default email address policy (priority 1) is domain1. So if I'm trying to an send email from user@domain1, everything is ok. But if I'm trying to send an email from user@domain2 (or domain3 or domain4) that outlook said me something like "You are not authorized to send email as this user". But if I change default email address po...

WLM hijacking my default mail handler
I wish to change my default mail handler from WLM to Outlook Express. I've made all the necessary default program changes in the Control Panel, in IE and in OE, but still, when I right-click on a file and select "send to mail recipient", WLM opens. The dll thingy in the Registry path is visible and indicates OE, but still WLM opens. What else could I try? -- Mark Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults | Custom + Down Arrow | Select the radio button for Outlook Express. Make OE the default e-mail client: http://www.oehelp.com/o...

keep the same default printer
Great Plains 8.0 keeps changing printers when either changing screens or logging out then logging back in. How can this be corrected? Great Plains usually doesn't do this by itself. Do you have any 3rd party products installed? Are you using Citrix or Terminal Server? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "bwooding" <bwooding@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD9C2967-CF34-4421-96BB-C8747FA65DA0@microsoft.com... > Great Plains 8.0 keeps changing printers when either changing screens or > logging out then logging back in. How can this ...

How to make a .XLTM template file default to save as .XLSM type?
I have a Excel 2007 macro-enabled template (.XLTM) which I use regularly. Whenever I open this template then use save or save as to create a new file the default workbook type of .XLSX is selected instead of .XLSM. How can I change the default behaviour for this template to automatically select a .XLSM format in the "Save As" dialog wihtout changing it for every document as happens by using the 'Excel Options>>Save>>Save Files in this Format' drop down box. Cheers Perhaps some code in ThisWorkbook module of the Template; Private Sub Workbook_B...

How do I add fill colours between lines in a graph?
I drew a line graph and wanted to emphasise the difference between the two lines by using a different colour. How can this be added? It is a dynamic graph showing increases in two variables, which converge, but do not meet in the last time period. ...

Excel
Excel - 2003 or previous. Conditional formating on cells is useful but I would like to see this on graphs as well. For example in a bar graph chart the series colour can be set either automatically or manually. A single data point can be set manually to a different colour. I would like to change a data point bar by condition / comparing to a value. The application is to 'flag' a data point by colour change if the value exceeds a certain comparison value. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vo...

default barcode
The ability to set a default barcode in "items" or "New Item Wizard" would save time and errors when entering new items. Some retailers want to use the same barcode for all items and they are required to scroll down the the desired code each time they enter a new item. Could you make a template item and hit the "Copy" button? Good luck, Matt "Bobaru" <Bobaru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC534985-8CDF-4C8C-9684-29278724AECE@microsoft.com... > The ability to set a default barcode in "items" or "New Item Wiz...

Why does my layout change when I open it on another computer
I have created a couple of documents using the same layout. So far so good. The problem is that my wife, using another computer, needs to work on these documents but she can't! The layout changes, more specifically the margins. It wrecks havoc on the content... It also seems the the font sizes or kerning or... something that makes the fonts a tiny bit larger... Why does my layout change when I open the document on another computer? We both run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP2... Install a printer driver common to both computers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

email layout has changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC While I was reading my mail the layout changed. I do not like this layout. How can I return to the original layout? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355914834_5548291 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/5/10 11:06 AM, in article 59bb802c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Felicity@officeformac.com" <Felicity@officeformac.com&...

Layout Guide Measurements
Hi Linda: I may have taken down the wrong information about the settings for the layout guides (and besides I don't know anything about layout guides) but they don't make sense: .4" from left edge, 1.9" from right edge, 4.5" from top and 6.37" from bottom means that these guides outline a rectangle .13" by 6.2" that is situated just above the line that cuts the page in half (5.5" from top and bottom). How do you put a picture into such a squished rectangle? Obviously I must have the wrong settings. Let me know. No rush - ...

colour of protected cells
Hello all I would like to set up excel so that if a cell or a range is protected it will be displayed in a different colour. Can any one tell me how to do this. regards from south africa Hi Fred, Use conditional formatting. Select the worksheet range, starting from cell A1. Then set the "Formula is" format to =CELL("protect",A1) and the format to a pattern fill. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com > Hello all > > I would like to set up excel so that if a cell or a range is protected it > will be displayed in a different > colour. > Can any one tell me h...

Disable Default FPCRT from WinCe60
Hi All, I wish I could not include in my image the default library fpcrt.dll. I would not use or support for VFP. 1) I tried to remove from ceconfig.h CE_MODULES_FPCRT module which is used in common.bib to include fpcrt.dll ; @CESYSGEN IF CE_MODULES_FPCRT fpcrt.dll $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\fpcrt.dll NK SH k.fpcrt.dll $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\fpcrt.dll NK SHMK ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF 2) The removal of this module can be done by setting the variable SYSGEN_OEM_FPCRT since in C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\CEBASE\OAK\MISC\winceos.bat indicating ...

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...

coloured numbers
hi all i have a sheet that consists of 7 coloums and unlimited rows, i need to colour a group of numbers so that when they appear they turn a certain colour. tried to do it in conditional but this only allows me to use 3. any help would be appreiciated. jkf jkf schreef in news:I_tip.193061$up7.104215@newsfe04.ams2 > i have a sheet that consists of 7 coloums and unlimited rows, i need > to colour a group of numbers so that when they appear they turn a > certain colour. tried to do it in conditional but this only allows me > to use 3. any help would be appreiciated. Here&#...

reference number duplication by default
"When I enter a transaction in Great Plains eg a bank transaction, I enter a specific reference number, three times. Once in the document number field and twice in the distribution reference field, once on the debit side of the transaction and once on the credit side. I have spoken to the programmers and they advised me that further to certain programming being done, I will not have to enter this specific reference number three times, when I enter a transaction, be it a bank transaction, invoice in sales and Purchases ledger, pmt of invoices etc. " Is it possible to do that(GP v ...

adding holidays to exchange default calendars
I see plenty of info on adding holidays to Outlook calendars, but nothing about adding them into exchange server so that a) all current calendars in everyone's outlook client is updated, and b) any new calendars created (shared or private) will have the holidays. Any pointers? Thanks very much. Eesh, this is ugly but I think I found a solution here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding-Events-Multiple-Mailboxes-Exmerge.html I'm sort of disappointed that Exchange has no way to easily do this. Oh well. "RobR" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OZ0Y...

Control colour depending on field
Hi all, First would like to wish a merry christmas. Ok I know this should be in the internet section but have posted it there and no reply, and have you seen the state of that section lol. Ok, I have produced a web page working off a database query, this shows a selected record. The page is totally locked as it is just used for looking up specific details. Now the question, one of the field contains a number that references a specific status for the file there are four. Is there a way I can apply a color to the background of a text box depending on what the status is. Thanks for ...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Change default Due date
Hi, Is it possible to put a default date in any Activity I will create? Thanks, Sylvie ...

Default Address List
Hello, Is it possible to change the "Show names from the from the Global Address List" as default to a different list, such as "All Users" list? I know how to change it manually at each workstation. But can it be set at the Exchange server or through group policy, so all existing and new clients default to a different address list? I do not believe it can be set using the standard Outlook admin template via Group Policy so I think you are looking at a scripted solution. Nue "AndyG" <AndyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:390E...

Changing default profile to default a different profile name
I have already made new profiles and selected one as the startup profile. This contains all of the data I want. I then delete the profiles marked "Outlook" and Outlook default" ? Will the startup profile automatically become the new "default" profile? (I want to know this as I am using ActiveSync and I believe that AS selects the "default" profile automatically during a sync session with the PDA) Beemer ...