Missing Page 1

I have a document with a page field in the footer for all pages, including
the first.  I am unable to get Word to start at page one on the first page.
It will begin as page 2 even if I manually set the first pate as one in the
format page number dialog box.  If I set it to zero, it works, but I don't
want zero, of course, I want it to start at one.  I do have section breaks so
that all chapters start on an odd page, which might be causing the problem.
Any ideas?  Thank you.

Sounds like "Section start" for the very first section is set to "Even
page"; you should change it to "Odd page" (Page Setup dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LGC" <LGC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a document with a page field in the footer for all pages, including
> the first.  I am unable to get Word to start at page one on the first
> page.
> It will begin as page 2 even if I manually set the first pate as one in
> the
> format page number dialog box.  If I set it to zero, it works, but I don't
> want zero, of course, I want it to start at one.  I do have section breaks
> so
> that all chapters start on an odd page, which might be causing the
> problem.
> Any ideas?  Thank you.

0
Stefan
3/23/2010 3:47:17 PM
That it was it.  Thank you!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> Sounds like "Section start" for the very first section is set to "Even
> page"; you should change it to "Odd page" (Page Setup dialog box).
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "LGC" <LGC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a document with a page field in the footer for all pages, including
> > the first.  I am unable to get Word to start at page one on the first
> > page.
> > It will begin as page 2 even if I manually set the first pate as one in
> > the
> > format page number dialog box.  If I set it to zero, it works, but I don't
> > want zero, of course, I want it to start at one.  I do have section breaks
> > so
> > that all chapters start on an odd page, which might be causing the
> > problem.
> > Any ideas?  Thank you.
>

> .

I'm glad I could help.

--

> That it was it.  Thank you!
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> Sounds like "Section start" for the very first section is set to "Even
>> page"; you should change it to "Odd page" (Page Setup dialog box).
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "LGC" <LGC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a document with a page field in the footer for all pages,
>> >including
>> > the first.  I am unable to get Word to start at page one on the first
>> > page.
>> > It will begin as page 2 even if I manually set the first pate as one in
>> > the
>> > format page number dialog box.  If I set it to zero, it works, but I
>> > don't
>> > want zero, of course, I want it to start at one.  I do have section
>> > breaks
>> > so
>> > that all chapters start on an odd page, which might be causing the
>> > problem.
>> > Any ideas?  Thank you.
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

Missing files

Change footer for last page only?
In a multipage Word 2008 .docx, I know how to have a different footer for the first and subsequent pages, but how can I have a different (or blank) footer for the last page only? In other words, p. 1: Footer 1 p. 2: Footer 2 p. 3: Footer 2 p. 4: Footer 3 [or blank footer] Thank you, Charles You need to create a Continuous Section Break at the end of page 3. Then set the Section Header/Footer for that section (on page 4) to remove the Link to Previous check. Remove or replace any content in that H/F. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/11/10 6:30 PM,...

excel page breaks gone
working in Excel and has a very large file per user...states that when i go to set the print parameters I keep getting these page breaks for a document that is 1000 pages in excel which he printed..and now all his page breaks are gone...states parameters are no longer there any ideas why using excel 2000 Just a thought, why not clear all Page Breaks, select the entire document and then go to File | Set Print Area?? HTH ...

Footnotes sliding to the second page
I'm using Word for Macs and can't find information on how to keep my footnotes together on the same page: several long footnotes spread on to a second page. How do I keep footnotes on one page? Are there Mac-specific directions? If there are Mac-specific directions, you will find them by asking in the Word NG at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "jmiles76" <jmiles76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

transitional slides to look like turning book pages?
any idea how to make transitional slides look like the turning pages of a book? http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipspageturn.html http://www.powerpointmagician.com/articles/3Dtransitions.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC103382671033.aspx?CategoryID=CT103366151033 - - one of the slides has a book with page turn animation http://www.crystalgraphics.com/presentations/transitions.main.asp -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd Power...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Excel: Automatically Saving as Web Page
Hello all--Judging by the subject headings I see in this forum, I can tell that my problem is a relatively simple one. Well, hopefully, anyway. I suppose I ought to simply say what I'd like to have Excel do and perhaps some of you could tell me how that might be accomplished. Currently, I've successfully created a network of spreadsheets, where the value of one cell is pulled and copied into another cell in another spreadsheet (that value is then used to create a graph). The goal is to export that spreadsheet (the one containing the pulled value and resulting graph) as an html doc...

adding copyright notice to CRM pages
I've been dreading this. The legal department has asked that I put a copyright notice "on the database". I've got several ideas in mind but I'm not sure how to implement. I could use some assistance with this. Some options I can think of: 1)Pop up a custom screen when user logs in. 2)Adding the copyright notice at the bottom of every page (assuming this can be a change made in 1 place). 3)Add this as a permanent message on the announcement page, but I need a way to force users to set the announcement page as the default login page, and not let them be able to switch...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Shifting footers on even/odd pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I'm using a footer consisting of a rule, and underneath the rule is a line of text. The rule and the text are where I want them on the odd pages, but I can't get the text where I want it to be on the even pages. It is considerably lower on the even pages than the odd pages. The &quot;Footer from Bottom&quot; setting is set the same on both even and odd pages (.5). I've played around, but the text on the even page footers won't budge. Any ideas? How about some additional clarification? By...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Customize Outlook 2000 Today Home Page
The same thing is happening to me! Does anyone know a solution? Thanks... On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:20:32 -0700, "Sergio" <spennockg@yahoo.com> wrote: >The same thing is happening to me! >Does anyone know a solution? >Thanks... not sure what you mean by 'the same thing'. if you mean that you cannot customize outlook today after installing a specfic update for IE then try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820575 rich Sergio <spennockg@yahoo.com> wrote: > The same thing is happening to me! What's "the same thing...

Selecting Multiple Pages
Hi, I am trying to select all the drawings I have in this Visio file that has multiple pages. I know I can do it per page but I was wondering if there is a way to select all the drawings, copy and paste it in a Word document for example? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, AJ There is no easy way to do this (sorry--it's not an unusual request so I wish I had a better answer), but I can offer a couple of tips and tricks. If you don't want the Word document to get too large, do the following for each page: 1. Make sure the page you want is active 2. Make sure NOTHING is ...

Missing Folders after Sync

what happened to[LINK] chart-wrksht,when not same page? (same Wrkb
I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. How do you EDIT? hawk12@peoplepc.com Hi, Simply selecting the series will not change sheet to show you data as you have discovered. Try using the Source Data dialog, this will allow you to swap sheets and see and adjust the data used. Cheers Andy Boswell wrote: > I have a chart, on separate pg...same Wrkbk. Selcting a Series - does not > 'outline' it's data returning to the Wrksht. > How do you EDIT? > > hawk12@peoplepc.com &...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Importing pages
If I have a one-page Publisher document, and I want to incorporate it into a second multi-page document, is there a way to just insert the one-page document, all intact, into the second document? Thanks TVZ Have you tried copy/paste? Insert a page in your primary document, copy/paste from the one page document. If you are using 2007 Ed Bennett has developed a tool. PubCat v1.0.0.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/tools -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <tomvanzoeren@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

No date entered still pulls a reult '1' through??
In Excel 2007 i am using the formula =MONTH(P145) all the way down the column, which if there is not date entry in columns that are not yet in use the formula still pulls through a '1' which is mucking up all the corrisponding information that is pulled for the month of Jan. Can anyone advise me as to what i can do to get no result pulling through if there is not a date entered into column P? Thanks. -- Jim When the MONTH function refers to a blank cell, it treats its value as 0. Date 0 (zero) translates to: Saturday, January 00, 1900 (it makes little sense, but t...

TEXT(F2 "0,0") displays 1 as 01, & how to bold and underline in TE
I understand the TEXT function, however when I format it as TEXT(F19,"0,0"), I get 1,000, displayed correctly. Also 10 thru 999 displays correctly, but 1 displays as 01, 2 as 02. Can I suppress the zero in single digit numbers? Also, is it possible to bold and underline within a TEXT function? =TEXT(F19,"#,0") and, no, you can't format within the TEXT function. -- David Biddulph "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1D43CA-59AD-4200-A7BD-9282D6B5DA32@microsoft.com... >I understand the TEXT function, however w...

Missing Message Text

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

numbers in the center of the page?
When I work on a page it has page numbers in the center of the sheet. It's hard to see numbers underneath. how do I remove them? View>Normal might do it. Regards Rowan Numbers in the center of page wrote: > When I work on a page it has page numbers in the center of the sheet. It's > hard to see numbers underneath. how do I remove them? View>normal I assume you are in page break view -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Numbers in the center of page" <Numbers in the center of page@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items