Microsoft Word 2007

I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the original
settings."
When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is at
1.5
The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My older
documents are fine with all of the original settings.
Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
Word 2007.
I need Help.
--
cc

If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
template to install defaults.

If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
enter or copy
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> original
> settings."
> When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> at
> 1.5
> The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> older
> documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> Word 2007.
> I need Help.
> --
> cc

0
Graham
6/4/2010 6:56:28 AM
I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
--
cc

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> template to install defaults.
>
> If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> enter or copy
> %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > original
> > settings."
> > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > at
> > 1.5
> > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > older
> > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > Word 2007.
> > I need Help.
> > --
> > cc
>

> .

I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the template
was back to the default setting. Voila.
It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
--
cc

"cc" wrote:

> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the "normal"
> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it says
> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I cannot
> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?  where
> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
> --
> cc
>

> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the cock-up,
> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
> > template to install defaults.
> >
> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have not)
> > enter or copy
> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer (not
> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
> >

> > --
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
> >
> > My web site www.gmayor.com
> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> >

> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have done something to my Microsoft Word  2007 program that has caused me
> > > alot of stress. I have used this program for 3 years without difficulties.
> > > In the last week I did something to make the Word program "redo the
> > > original
> > > settings."
> > > When I open up Microsoft Word 2007, the indentation was  at 0, now it is
> > > at
> > > 1.5
> > > The spacing was at 0 and now it is at 8pt.
> > > The page numberings that aligned to the left, right or center are all
> > > off..maybe 5 or 6 spaces where they should be.
> > > I don't know what I did however, I know I must have done something. My
> > > older
> > > documents are fine with all of the original settings.
> > > Is there a way to "reset"  all of the original settings of the Microsoft
> > > Word 2007.
> > > I need Help.
> > > --
> > > cc
> >

> > .

It is not a 'website' but a normally hidden folder on your hard drive - but
I see that you figured it out.
When you insert that address in the title bar and press enter, the full path
is then translated in the address bar for your PC.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

>I just went back into the %appdata%.... website and remamed the file
> normal.old, went out of that website and returned to find that the
> template
> was back to the default setting. Voila.
> It worked........ Thank you Graham Mayor
> --
> cc
>

> "cc" wrote:
>
>> I went to the site you suggested %appdata%\microsoft\templates and the
>> "normal"
>> template is wrong and is exactly what I have on my word 2007 now and it
>> says
>> that I modified it on May 29, 2010. I now know when I changed it but I
>> cannot
>> figure out how I did it. How can I get back to the default settings?
>> where
>> do I go to remane the template "normal.old...in what section?
>> --
>> cc
>>

>> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>>
>> > If you haven't got a backup of your normal template from before the
>> > cock-up,
>> > then rename the normal template normal.old. This will set the default
>> > template to install defaults.
>> >
>> > If you have not changed the default location (which it appears you have
>> > not)
>> > enter or copy
>> > %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates
>> > to the address window of Windows Explorer or your Internet Explorer
>> > (not
>> > Firefox) browser and you will be taken to the folder that contains the
>> > default template - which for Word 2007 is normal.dotm.
>> >

>> > --
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> > Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>> >
>> > My web site www.gmayor.com
>> > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> >

>> > "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >

>> > .

0
Graham

Linking tasks in MS Project 2007
roI have copied 5 tasks from a project and linked them in a consolidated project using the 'Paste Special' command. This almost works well because any changes I make to the tasks in the original project are reflected in the consolidated project except the % complete shown in the indicators column. For some reason, when I make any changes to the % complete in the original project, the changes arent reflected in the consolidated project (and vice versa). I'm presuming that % complete should be updated like any other field therefore any help would be appreciated. -- s...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Outlook 2007 Autopick Next
I was looking for autopick next in Outlook 2007 and couldn't find it. However, after googling I found a couple of sources that have a screen shot of the Scheduling Assistant screen that show an Autopick Next button in the lower left corner ( same place as 2003). I do not have this button on my screen. Am I missing something, was something changed before Outlook 2007 was released or ............? Thanks for your help! Are you sure the screenshot was for 2007? On the appointment form, it's on the right side, http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/suggest.png Actions, Plan a m...

MS Word Fields

Creating Labels Using Word 2002
Please help. Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels. I get stuck after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link Properties box that comes up and prevents me from finishing task. Is Dell correct and/or is there a work- around. Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pri...

Money 2007 Locks up when trying to reconcile account
Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops responding. I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Have you tried File|Repair? "dandrzej" <dandrzej@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DF46789-461F-4C77-968D-CD5CE1A24E0F@microsoft.com... > Hello, everytime I try to reconcile an account the program stops > responding. > I am running XPSP2. Please help. I have never had a problem until now. Thanks, I believed that worked. "Dick Watson" wrote: > Have you tried File|Repair? > &...

size of large icons in 2007 Ribbon
What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! Hi, I believe its, Normal = 16 x 16 Large = 32 x 32 Cheers Andy On 09/02/2010 05:22, E. Alex Davis wrote: > What is the expected size of the image to be used in the "large" ribbon > controls? I searched around but didn't find it in the docs. Thanks! ...

Cannot drag and drop any files (doc, ppt, xls) into outlook 2007 e
I have recently updated my pc with Win7 (from XP) and I use MS Office Pro 2007. I have my Outlook configured and have been using it for a few days now but since I upgraded, I have difficulty managing file attachments when trying to send email. I send files often to coworkers by dragging a document into the body of an email. This no longer works and I get the symbol of the circle and line through it. HOWEVER, it works manually if I go through the steps using the paperclip button to attach files. It does work between emails though. I can create a new email and drag at...

Microsoft Promo

Publisher 2007 Beta 2 with pdf add-on
I am a newsletter editor for a very simple monthly newsletter and I am pleased that I can send my letters out in pdf format so eveyone with a computer can read the letter with the Adobe reader. I think I am going to leave well-enough alone and not do anything to jepordize this feature until I can buy the final copy whenever it comes out. Will anything happen automatically to the Beta 2 version of office to prevent me from using the pdf feature in Publisher before the final product hits the streets? I am learning a lot from this discussion group--thanks to all of you. Depends on when...

microsoft XL

POP Connector Exchnage 2007?
Hello! Any working POP3 Connector to Exchange 2007? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:11:22 +0300, "Test" <news@test.com> wrote: >Hello! > >Any working POP3 Connector to Exchange 2007? > Most of them. POPCON just works because it pulls the mail down and then sends it via SMTP to the Exchange server. ...

Windows 7 and Office 2007
Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? YES. I have had no problems thus far. However, if you haven't got Office 2007 yet, then it is good idea to get into Office 2010 direct and you can download a beta version from here: <http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx> The beta version is valid until June 2010 by which time new version should be out. hth SteveM wrote: > > Is Office 2007 Professional with 32 bit compatible with Windows 7? "20100209" <20100209@20100209.NET> wrote in message ...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Looks like Money 2007 is available now
http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx -Mark For those who haven't linked just yet: NEW and IMPROVED in Money 2007. Savings & Spending Budget Spending Tracker for budget groups Smart Spending message boards Enhanced tax estimator Balance Adjustment Tool Improved MSN Bill Pay Essentials Investment Accounts Enhanced Expert Picks Improved Invoice Designer+ Invoice dropdown+ 14 new invoice templates+ Invoice design ideas+ PayCycle´┐Ż payroll integration+ * ? +Money 2007 Home & Business Only Trial: http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_info.mspx "Mark" <abcd@...

removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells
I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in blank cells? Thanks Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character. Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank). techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: > I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. > Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in > blank cells? > Thanks > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Li...

using former OTLK XP/2002 .pst with OTLK 2007
I try to search knowledge base but could'nt find a clear answer. I will soon move to a new PC on Vista with Office 2007. 1) will I be able to move/copy OTLK XP .pst personal and archive data files to the equivalent OTLK 2007 data path on the new PC to get all my mail accounts, contacts, personal and archive folders working in OTLK 2007? or 2) do I have to use import to get these into blank default OTLK 2007 .pst file created during OTLK 2007 installation? (I am guessing blank .pst files are created on install). Thanks in advance. A simple link would do. -- Alain Caillet Ala...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...