Make it easy to create a customize style or theme set in Word 07

We have used Word since it's first Windows version and routinely use styles
and other custom elements to achieve our desired company look and feel.
While the new interface in 07 makes it easy to select various MS designed
preset styles, it seems to make the process of creating one company
customized style that would be reflected in one Normal.dot for all to use
maddeningly difficult to achieve.  For example, determining how to make a
change and save it to the Normal.dot is clear in some places and very
difficult to figure out how to do elsewhere.  I believe it would help if
there were more in this upgrade that helps the experienced user get back to
the high level formatting ability they had before, instead of optimizing
entirely for newbies alone.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0568b498-0c6c-475e-aa0b-c3bf24cecb6a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The normal template for Word 2007 is normal.dotm. You cannot share the
Normal.dot(m) file among multiple users in Word
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811468 so a better option would be to
create a document template (or templates) containing the styles you need for
your company documents and train the users to use the company document
templates.

If you click Alt + Ctrl + Shift + S (or the arrow bottom right of the styles
group on the home tab), the styles dialog will open from which you can
modify or create styles. If you want the new/modified styles to be available
for all documents, check the box on the style modify/create dialog "New
documents based on this template" and save the template when prompted.

Note also that you can still use your Word 2003 document templates in Word
2007 with few exceptions.

Please note also that Word 2007 is Word 12 and not Word 07. Word 07 is Word
95.
--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

Jcam wrote:
> We have used Word since it's first Windows version and routinely use
> styles and other custom elements to achieve our desired company look
> and feel. While the new interface in 07 makes it easy to select
> various MS designed preset styles, it seems to make the process of
> creating one company customized style that would be reflected in one
> Normal.dot for all to use maddeningly difficult to achieve.  For
> example, determining how to make a change and save it to the
> Normal.dot is clear in some places and very difficult to figure out
> how to do elsewhere.  I believe it would help if there were more in
> this upgrade that helps the experienced user get back to the high
> level formatting ability they had before, instead of optimizing
> entirely for newbies alone.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
> the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
> button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
> Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0568b498-0c6c-475e-aa0b-c3bf24cecb6a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

0
Graham

Custom fonts in MSFlexgrid?
Howdy, Is there a way to use custom fonts in an MSFlexgrid cell? I can change the font and resize it easily enough. But I want to be able to rotate it and don't seem to find a way to do that. Is there a way to get the window handle to an individual cell? Thanks in advance. -- Frank Perry LavaLeaf Software ...

Make Default

Customize forms
Is there a way to add different columns to my OWA tasks folder? I would especially like to do this in my tasks folder in my public folders. Thanks, Tim Outlook Web Access is only a web VIEW of your Exchange mailbox. I don't know if customizing the default Exchange Mail Task item to show your custom view if it would translate to the web view - I presume not. Double check by asking in an Exchange group since Outlook Web Access, despite its name, is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Du...

Setting All Images to Grayscale
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to check and make sure all the images in a document are set to grayscale without having to check each one individually? Not without VBA or possibly an Apple Script. FWIW, leaving it to the secondary convenience features of a word processing program to convert the color mode of an image is less than optimal to begin with - especially if the 'image' happens to be a photograph. If at all possible, set the color mode, resolution & print dimensions in a [read as *any*] decent graph...

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .
I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ? Thanks clement Look in tools, customize... Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

CRM Customization Help!!!
There are a few things in CRM that we would like to customize. I noticed that you can create and modify views however where can you modify the views for activities and notes? Can you add a start time and end time to a case and automatically calculate the duration? Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated. If there are examples or cusomization documents we could look at that would also be great. I figured out how to modify some of the hidden views that are not customizable through the interface. I was able to add the File Name column to the note view. However can you make the ...

Creating a grid
Hi Can't someone tell me how I can create a grid so that I can display a timetable ? Thanks for your help Maybe try MS flex grid active X control. or if you want a high end grid control and are willing to pay for it go dundas.com and buy their ultimate grid control. "Bonnel Maxime" <bonnel.maxime@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bknk9p$mth$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi > > Can't someone tell me how I can create a grid so that I can display a > timetable ? > > Thanks for your help > > There's a really good grid control on Code ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Template Files in Word 2007
I have a template that I would like to be available for every document that I open in Word 2007. The template contains both Macros and Styles. With Word 2003 I used to put the file in the startup folder. Do I do the same with Word 2007 or do I save everything to my Normal? -- marcia Macros will work from a template in the startup folder, but styles must be in the document template. It was the same with Word 2003. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web...

variable for current owner? (want to use to create new "My" view)
I want to create a new view which is just like "My Active Contacts" but with an additional filter criteria. I want the results to vary by user. So instead of creating separate views for each user (Tom's Active Contacts in MA), it would change itself per user and the new view would be "My Active Contacts in MA". The results would be all active contacts in MA who are owned by the current user. How do I specify to use the current user in the Filter criteria? All help much appreciated! -Sarah In the View editing window (Settings > System Customization > Con...

making tickets

How do I create a second "y" axis on the right?
Derrick, Create a simple line chart as an example with the following data: Ser1 Ser2 a 1 4 b 2 3 c 3 4 In the clart plot area, double-click on the series called "Ser2". It should be the higher line of the two series. In the Format Data Series dialog box, go to the Axis tab. Choose the option "Plot series on: Secondary axis". ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Derrick" wrote: > This works great in Excel 1997-03, but how do you do this in Excel 2007? Lost_in_Houston "John Mansfield" wrote: > Derrick, > > ...

Programmatically Creating DSN for SQL Server with VC++
Hi I am struck will creating a DSN for SQL Server with VC++, It would be helpfully if u get can solve my problem This is what i have done /*********************************************/ strcpy (attrstring,"DSN=prg|SERVER=client45|ADDRESS=client45|NETWO RK=DBMSSOCN|DATABASE=SMSSERVER|Trusted_Connection=NO||"); for(int i=0;attrstring[i]!='\0';i++); for(int j=0;j<i;j++) { if(attrstring[j]=='|') attrstring[j]='\0'; } BOOL BDSn = SQLConfigDataSource (NULL,ODBC_ADD_DSN, "SQL Server", attrstring); /******************************************...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Customize the GAL
We are running Windows 2003 R2 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Our organization consists of Staff, Faculty, and Students. What I want to accomplish is to create a GAL that contains Staff and Faculty only, no students. Further, I want to provide access to the GAL only to Staff and Faculty (which are members of the GAL), and restrict access to anyone else. Would someone please point me in the direction of information regarding how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semi...

Custom Application performance dll : NOT working on Perfmon 2003
I have a performance dll which pulls up custom counters from my application as per the performance dll spec. It works fine with XP and shows values when invoked by perfmon. When my application is run on windows 2003 the perfmon of 2003 does not show any values. It shows "---" for values. If the same process that is running on win 2003 is monitored from a perfmon of XP it shows the right values. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. Thanks in advance ...

Bug: automatic resizing of inserted image creates unwanted black l
Hi, Im running word 2007 on windows 7 ultimate. When an image is inserted into a document and is larger than the current page it is automatically reduced in size to fit the page (unless u changed the default settings). Save the document, close it, reopen it and there will be unwanted black lines on the top and left hand edge of the image (like a black border on those sides). I think it is the auto resizing that causes it. This must have been mentioned on this discussion group before, I just cant find it. If you search google there are a bunch of people with the same...

Create a Ribbon for the OL2010 Explorer
Hi, I want to create a Ribbon for the Outlook 2010 Explorer. I am looking for a sample XML description. Can anybody give me a tipp? Thanks Christian Have you downloaded the samples for Outlook addins from Connect? They show how Explorer ribbon XML. There are also downloads for the ribbon id's. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options. http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ChristianH" <ChristianH@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Customer Feedback chart
I need to create a customer feedback chart. They have had to complete a comment card by answering excellent, good, average, poor and bad for a series of items. How can I input this data into excel and then show the results in a pie chart? The pie chart needs this data: Excellent XXX Good XXX Average XXX Poor XXX Bad XXX Select the data and use the Chart Wizard (chart-like button on the standard toolbar, or use Insert menu > Chart) to create a pie chart. If your data is like: CUSTOMER RATING Customer A Excellent Customer B Average Customer C Po...

Setting up tables for grades
I do not understand why I am not understanding this, but I am trying to set up a form for inputing student grades. There are 13 classes that I need to track grades for (currently) as well as a composite grade. I have a table (tblStudents) with the student information (including [StudentID]), a table (tblCourses) with course names(two fields, one [CourseID], the other [Course]), and a table (tblCourseGrades) to keep track of the grades ([GradeID], [StudentID], [CourseID], [Grade]). I'm thinking I'm understanding relational design and I have the table set-up correct, but...