Landscape Table on Portrait Page

Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page
with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the
text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I
would like to know if there is not an easier way.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page
> with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change
> the
> text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table,
> but I
> would like to know if there is not an easier way.

0
Suzanne
11/25/2009 1:20:56 PM
Thanks Suzanne.
Not exactly plain sailing, and not very elegant as it requires a fair degree
of trial and error to get the header/footer in exactly the same place as the
other portrait pages. Perhaps the MVP community can make a suggestion in this
regard to Microsoft for future improvement?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page
> > with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change
> > the
> > text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table,
> > but I
> > would like to know if there is not an easier way.
> >

> .

Believe me, the Word MVPs have been asking for this for several versions
now. Word 2007 actually does take a small step in that direction: among the
available "building blocks" for headers and footers are headers and footers
in the side margins. Change the text direction in one of those, and you've
got a start.

--

> Thanks Suzanne.
> Not exactly plain sailing, and not very elegant as it requires a fair
> degree
> of trial and error to get the header/footer in exactly the same place as
> the
> other portrait pages. Perhaps the MVP community can make a suggestion in
> this
> regard to Microsoft for future improvement?
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a
>> > page
>> > with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can
>> > change
>> > the
>> > text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table,
>> > but I
>> > would like to know if there is not an easier way.
>> >

>> .

0
Suzanne

Changing two way tables into one way tables
Hello - I need to be able to 'undo' a two way table. The data is in this format: Student number English Grade Maths Grade US456 A B+ US455 A- C+ And I need it to look like this: US456 English Grade A US456 Maths Grade B+ US455 English Grade A- US455 Maths Grade C+ So each grade has a separate row - other than copying and pasting hundreds of records is there a simple way to do this? =A2&" "&$B$1&" "&B2 where : A2 = "First Student in your table"; $B$1="English Grade" and B2="English grade for first student and drag th...

updating table using user value
Hi all, I am trying to design a system wherein based on the the po no. each line item gets recorded in the database. If there is a partial shipment for the line 1 shipment than when the item is being received by the same po no again same line no. it should add up the qty received value. eg. if total shipment qty = 100 first shipment qty received = 50 in line 1 second shipment qty received = 50 in line 1 shipment complete. one po order can have more than 50 line items and i have to keep record of each item issued in and issued out. any help on how this can be done. ...

Pivot table 02-17-10
Hi, There is a column date, When i refresh data in pivot table. then i want to be a maximum data should automatically updated on pivot table. Ashwini, can you be a little bit more specific please? Is something not updating at the moment? If so, what? Could you provide a simple example so that we might help you further? "Ashwini" wrote: > Hi, > > There is a column date, > When i refresh data in pivot table. then i want to be a maximum data should > automatically updated on pivot table. ...

customizing the borders in my table
I am making a table in Excel. I tried to format my table and I was not able to customize the width of the borders in my table. How could I do that? Your help is very much appreciated. I am using Excel 2003. -- "From one small seed of kindness ... friendship grows. Vanilla. The options you see when you Format>Cells>Border is all you get. Cannot customize any further. If you want thicker lines use the Drawing Toolbar to draw the lines. Far more formatting available there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:10:02 -0800, "Vanilla" <Vanilla@discussions...

Numbering Pages Revisited
Recently I posted a message on this group in regard to numbering pages as in a book. I wanted to do it like ii, iii, iv, v, 1, 2, 3, and so on. The first page would be supressed. The information you fine folks offered was for a later version of this program. Can you do it with MS Pub 2002? I await your expert responses. Thanks, Tom Thomas Minter wrote: > Recently I posted a message on this group in regard > to numbering pages as in a book. I wanted to do it > like ii, iii, iv, v, 1, 2, 3, and so on. The first > page would be supressed. > > The information you fine folks ...

"Difference From" custom calculation in Pivot tables
I have been unsuccessful in using the "Difference From" custom calculation in Pivot tables. When I use this custom calculation (I can successfully use the % of Total for example) I get #N/A. Also, I'm not sure what the Base Field and Base Item boxes represent. I notice in the Base Item box there is "Previous", "Next" and a series of numbers which I don't understand what they represent. If someone could straighten my out on how to use this feature or point me in the direction of some instructions that would take me thru this process I would rea...

LANDSCAPE
I have 12 pages as normal, 1 of those pages it would be easier to work on if it were landscape. Is this possible, and how? thanks Publisher 2003 "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:vpAtl.75773$Ii4.48968@newsfe19.ams2... > I have 12 pages as normal, 1 of those pages it would be easier to work on > if it were landscape. > Is this possible, and how? > > thanks > > > Publisher 2003 > Two files, one portrait and one landscape orientation. AFAIK you can't have pages with two different orientations in Publisher. OK t...

Open workbook to same page every time?
Is it possible to put some code in my workbook so that every time it is opened it opens to one specific page (worksheet) no matter what page the workbook was on when it was closed? I have six pages (worksheets). Thanks in advance. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet3").Activate End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if m...

Folding Conference Tables
Collapsible 4' Banquet Table Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B00020L6ME Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00020L6ME Alera Verona Series Racetrack Conference Table Top Price:$824.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B001HA04N0 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B001HA04N0 Banquet Folding Tables 5/8" Adjustable Top 30"(D) x 60"(W) - Correll Furniture - CPF3060P Price:$328.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0017LVRF8 Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0017LVRF...

Trouble entering percentages in my table
I have a field set up with number datatype and percent format. I am trying to enter 30% and it comes up 0%. When I put in .30 I get 0% when I put in 300 I get 300%. I can't get this field to show 30%. I need it to be a number because I want to multiply it by another number in a query. Please help. You are apparently using an integer number data type (a long integer is the default data type for a number when you create a table). If you want to enter the value as a decimal fraction such 0.3 change the ‘Field Size’ property to Single in the table design and format it as a p...

Hide table column
Is it possible to hide a column in a table in MS Word? Many thanks. Not like excel, but you can make the column skinny and turn the text white so it won't print. "JE" wrote: > Is it possible to hide a column in a table in MS Word? Many thanks. ...

landscape printing.
When I print to a HP Laserjet 4100 printer in landscape it works but then I try to do it from Microsoft Word and I only get portrait. I've tried using all of the drivers including PCL6, PCL5e, PS and keep getting the document printed in portrait when I clearly have selected landscape. Like I mentioned earlier it does print landscape with Wordpad but not any Office products. I have also tried the Service Packs for Office but no luck. This is a bit of a long shot, but try looking at the printer settings, probably File - Print - Options. Normally changing portrait/landscape change...

Pivot Table #2
Hi, I am having a problem with respect to a Pivot Table. The data sheet contains around 40,000 lines and I am comparing Sep-03 data with Dec-02 for various accounts through a Pivot table. The data for Sep-03 and Dec-02 are in separate columns in the Excel sheet. Problem 1 : When I move either Sep-03 or Dec-02 (any one of them) into the data within the Pivot table, I get perfect listing. However I want to move both the columns and have a comparison. As soon as I move both the columns into the data area within the Pivot table, I donot get a comparison but the data for each account comes below...

printing in detail section from 2nd page onwards
I would like to know 2 matters. 1. I need to print some bound text controls (comes from a query) from 2nd page onwards. And the same time, my plan is to print a text "See attached page" in 1st page. 2. Some text / label controls(they are unbound), I would like to print on bottom of 1st page only. Please help me. Thank you Best regards Lijo. Change the Control Source of the text box to something like this: =IIf([Page]=1, "See attached page", [SomeField]) substituting your field name for SomeField. Be sure to change the Name of the text box as well. Access g...

Extracting single data from a table
Hi all Please let me know if this is possible guys, I'm confusing myself trying to say this in technical terms; I would like to copy only a single name from a list where there may b more than one in that list but when it referes to the guys manager. Eg. A1 to A20 is filled with manager name; John Doe B1 to B5 is filled with Sam Doe B6 to B15 is filled with Anne Doe B16 to B20 is filled with Mark Doe My result in a new table and sheet should have A1 to A3 filled with John Doe And B1 = Sam Doe B2 = Anne Doe B3 = Mark Doe I hope this is simplified but let me know if you ...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...

Page Margins #2
Just wondering if anyone could solve my problem. I have installed english excel on one computer and chinese excel on the other. When I print my excel file in both english and chinese excel, I got different left and right page margins. I tried to change the settings in Control Panel | Regional and Language Options to 'metrics' on both computer for consistency but didn't work. In both versions of Excel, they are showing the same page margins in Page Setup but I don't know why they print out differently. I am pretty sure I am missing something here. Could anyone help?...

No Landscape
When I select landscape in the page setup, The page does not turn sideways, even though it is in landscape view. Any ideas? ...

Pivot Tables #5
I am having trouble with pivot tables. Need to create a pivottable that summarizes Total amount of orders by quarter. I have these columns company name,country,orderdate, sales rep,shipper, category, product name, unitprice, quantity,discount%,freight, totalamount. I was sure I just put total sales and the order date in but I cant get it to do this in quarters. I am taking a class that the teacher is of no help. thanks -- Too old to be in college Try this: Right-Click on the OrderDate heading in the Pivot Table ....Select: Group and Show Detail ....Select: Group ....Select: Quar...

pivot table: create worksheetsheet using pivot table
While working in a pivot table, I accidentally created a new worksheet in my file with isolated data from the report e.g. pivot table shows all days of the month with totals for each deposit account... my 'accident' created a sheet with all the data for a single date. It turns out, this would be a useful tool for my manager, but we cannot reproduce my accident. My mouse was on the blitz and after a few solo selections the new worksheet appeared. Does anyone know how to do this (intentionally)? Please help. ...

Custom Page Sizing
Does anyone know how to get excel to print on 3 X 5 cards. Under the page setup feature I don't have that option. The smallest it shows is 4 X 6. You will have to go into your printer driver to create a 3x5 paper size. "Chad" wrote: > Does anyone know how to get excel to print on 3 X 5 > cards. Under the page setup feature I don't have that > option. The smallest it shows is 4 X 6. > ...

Pivot Tables
Is there a way to use pivot tables in Excel to accomplish the same result as an MS-Access process to "join" two tables on matching fields? For example, I have one range of data that contains employee time card information that includes a costing code for each time entry. I have a separate data range that contains, for each costing code, one or more records containing percentages that are used to allocate labor to specific business units. The desired result is a table or data range that contains all of the records from the time card range and all matching record...

Pivot Table toolbar
Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - this is very irritating! Is there any way to stop this happening? "GeoffS" <crammond-smith@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:39d201c355a8$a7f788b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Every time I edit a pivot table (Excel 2000)the toolbar > launches itself and I have to then re-anchor it manually - > this is very irritating! > > Is there any way to stop this happening? I use Excel97 but it may be the same. You can have the toolbar on all the time, positio...

pages are in the wrong order in publisher. Can they be swiched?
I want to switch 2 pages around. How can I do it? Insert page, cut and paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "gpstalker" <gpstalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFB9EC33-0A0A-4183-84A0-74E4A4607214@microsoft.com... > I want to switch 2 pages around. How can I do it? ...

Table with FIFO Balances
Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, IV00102 has the quantities but I suspect your looking for IV10200 which has the history and the current FIFO layers. More info here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekly-dynamic-inventory-value-via-sql.html Mark (DynamicAccounting.net) http://www.dynamicaccounting.net On Oct 1, 3:44 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me which table holds FIFO balances in it? > > Thanks, > Jocelyn ...