Is there a way to change preset margins?

I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
create my own presets to those that I use regularly?

Thanks

No way to create presets, but you can certainly create templates with the
desired margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Jeramee" <Jeramee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have figured out how to change the default template, which is great.  Is
> there a way to change the margin presets in Word 2007?  I don't want to
> change the default/normal template - I use several types of page marins
> routinely, but only a couple of them are in the presets.  However, I NEVER
> use the 2003 Default margin with 1.25" side margins.  Is there a way to
> create my own presets to those that I use regularly?
>
> Thanks

0
Suzanne

Changing credit limit
How can I change the credit limit that is specified for existing credit accounts? Thanks. Highlight the Account in Account List and click on it. Click on Change Account Settings. Click on Change Credit Details. You will have to scroll down a lot on the Account Settings page to see this. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to...

Excel 2003 Insert Picture changes JPG to PNG format
Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! Try my pic importer at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway "WildBill" wrote: > Since earlier versions of Excel won't read a PNG formatted picture, how to I > configure Excel 2003 not to change any inserted pictures into the PNG format? > I need the jpg pictures to stay in the jpg format! > ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

Change field length in V3.0?
I have a situation where we are trying to map address info from a custom entity to the contact entity. Problem is that they address field for the custom entity was created with only 50 char in length and the address field in contact entity that we are trying to map to is of course 100 chars long. So, if you go to the address attribute in the custom entity it appears that you can change it from 50 to 100....it lets you save that change....BUT, when you try to map the two fields it still throws the message about not being able to map the fields because they aren't identical, etc.... We have...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

how to change the default form of a folder
can anyone please tell me how to change the default form of a folder to use a non-standard custom form. i have tried the syeps on the site. the link is a s follows: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292782 but the problem is that there is no way i can create an intermediate form. i have tried it. i am using outlook 2003. ...

changing extension names
I did try that. I can't remember the exact complication but it did not work. Want to quote your original post? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cap't Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1169501c441aa$e2f94810$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I did try that. I can't remember the exact complication > but it did not work. ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Re balances change when sorting by month!!!!!!
it is money 2005 In microsoft.public.money, Travis Hedrick wrote: >When i am looking at my transactions over the past 3 months or even a year, if I decide to change the registry view to sort by a month, it changes all my balances and throws everything off. Can someone please help me out? Money 2004? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Just re-sort it back by date "Travis Hedrick" wrote: > it is money 2005 > > In microsoft.public.mo...

Ability to change the vendor on a saved purchase order.
There are times when a purchase order is created and many line items are entered and then the purchase order is saved to find out later that those items are going to still be required but we will be purchasing them from a different vendor. The only way to do it now is to delete the purchase order and then re-enter it. It would be nice if the purchase order could be selected and the vendor changed, or alternatively if the line items could be moved to a different purchase order that is for the desired vendor. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

AC2007-Change where to send Report.
Another Question from Andrew. I have a table [Contracts] with a field [Contract_Number], text field, no duplicates. This table is maintained by in house (Back end). Users of the database (Front end) fill out routine data on forms which fill up several tables. Queries are used to compile data for reports, most of which is the same however depending on [Client] the format of the form must change. I have designed several forms to meet their “Particular needs”. Is there a way to fire off the info to the right form (using a print form button) based on [Contract_Number] ? Any h...

tax can not change
Any one come across this situation You go to manager -database-item-properties Change the tax id = none Select ok Re-open and the tax is still assigned rms ver 2.0.0105 Administrator account With all access ? thanks "hozay" <hozay@jmmpr.com> wrote in message news:46D59D16-77DE-4139-AF9A-182178DD7D60@microsoft.com... > Any one come across this situation > You go to manager -database-item-properties > Change the tax id = none > Select ok > Re-open and the tax is still assigned > rms ver 2.0.0105 > Administrator account > With all acce...

Investment
Money 3000. Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. How can I change that? In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote: >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. >How can I change that? This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as a fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it for each stock. In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing "mutual fund" to something you will never use. L...

finding the results of changing 4 variables
Hi, I'm working on a 10 year financial forecasting model for an investment fund. The end result is to calculate the IRR. There are 4 variable inputs I would like to change, and observe how the IRR changes as those inputs change. In other words, I would like to play with changing two different fees, the fund size, and the expected return, and see how changing those impacts the IRR. Is there a way to do this on one sheet without manually changing all these inputs? I think Scenario or Data Tables might do it, but I'm not sure. Thank you. You might try this template...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

Allow Net Change and Part Range Options in MRP
Allow MRP to perform an MRP explosion and planning on a Net Change basis (MRP only for parts that have had a change since the last MRP). Also allow MRP to run for a range of Parts. In both cases, MRP should explode the selected items and create Planned MO's & PO's. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

How to keep leading zero without changing field to text field?
I've already tried to customize the number 0#### - the leading zero remains in Excel but as soon as I save this file and try to use it as a merge document with word the leading zero is gone again. I then have to go back and make this a text in order for the zero to remain when merging with word. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx -- tj "Deni" wrote: > I've already tried to customize the number 0#### - the leading zero remains > in Excel but as soon as I save this file and try to use it as a merge > document with word the lea...

Auto change Account on specific Recipient ?
Hi, I have 10 email accounts configured in Outlook 2003 I have a customer to whom i have to write always from a specific email account. Is there a way to tell Outlook to automatically change ACCOUNT if it senses an sepcific email address ??? Thanks ! Alex ...

Is there a convenient way to save data
Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user variables all of which are ints. What is the best way to make theses variables persistent for a given user on a given machine? Thanks "Jeff B" <jb@nospan.net> wrote in message news:fpDif.10451$Ay6.2336@fe13.lga... > > Is there a convenient way to save dialog data so it remembers the users last > selection? I have a dialog based application that only has three user > variables all of which are ints. What is the best w...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...