Is it possilbe to have multiple tables of content in a single doc?

I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.

I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.

Is it possible?

WORD 2007

Yes it is.

Here is a link that may help:-

http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1

Thanks.
"ev@" wrote:

> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.
>
> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>
> Is it possible?

Yes you can,

what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one TOC
use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.

Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
your TOC use respective style.

http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/table-of-contents-in-microsoft-word-2002/

I hope it helps

If not, contact me via my website

Mike
http://www.mswordhelp.com
how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks

"ev@" wrote:

> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of contents.
>
> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>
> Is it possible?

Another way to have separate TOCs, if one is for a specific portion of the
document is to bookmark that section and then insert a TOC that refers to
the bookmark, as described at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCSwitches.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"mike.smith" <mikesmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes you can,
>
> what you need to do is to set a two different set of styles. Then in one
> TOC
> use exclusively Style 1 and in the other exclusively Style 2.
>
> Make the TOC according to this tutorial but as said, when you will define
> your TOC use respective style.
>
> http://www.mswordhelp.com/2010/04/word-2002/table-of-contents-in-microsoft-word-2002/
>
> I hope it helps
>
> If not, contact me via my website
>
> Mike
> http://www.mswordhelp.com
> how to microsoft word; philosophy, tutorials, tips and tricks
>
> "ev@" wrote:
>
>> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of
>> contents.
>>
>> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>>
>> Is it possible?

0
Suzanne
6/2/2010 2:32:50 PM
ev@,

The article linked by trip_to_tokyo describes three different ways to put
multiple TOCs in a document. For the specific situation of a separate
appendix, only the one involving bookmarks is simple and relatively
foolproof.

So you don't have to wade through all 17 pages of that long article to get
the bit that's useful to you, go directly to page 14 with this link:
http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/bookmarks-RZ010266698.aspx?section=14&lc=en-gb.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

trip_to_tokyo wrote:
> WORD 2007
>
> Yes it is.
>
> Here is a link that may help:-
>
> http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-gb/word-help/table-of-contents-iii-use-fields-to-create-a-toc-and-create-multiple-tocs-RZ010266698.aspx?CTT=1
>
> If my comments have helped please hit Yes.
>

> Thanks.
> "ev@" wrote:
>
>> I`m working on a document with an appendix that has its own table of
>> contents.
>>
>> I`d like to isolate the two tables from one another.
>>
>> Is it possible?

0
Jay

Formula, Pivot Table, ??? Beats me
Hello, I am trying to set up this table below so that it does some autocalculations. What I am looking to do is in column N I would like it to auto calculate whether an employee owes the company each month and when they do owe the company when it is repayed back to the company. How this scenario works is the sales employees base salary is devided up into monthly draws (column L), they need to sell enough product to pay for their salary though commisions, their commisions for all of their sales goes into column M for each month. This is where it gets a little tricky and n...

Multiple users?
Could someone give me some reasons why I would want to have a sepparate account in CRM for each of my sales people when accessing CRM? What is the benefit in using separate acounts vs using single account for everyone? Thanks, Ivan When users connect to CRM the system logs them on by using their domain credentials. Every user must have a seperate license in crm so if you had 10 sales people they would each have a domain logon etc why do you want them all to use the same logon? "Ivan Miljan" <i@m.c> wrote in message news:%23OcAgEgmDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > C...

Tables and fonts
How do I make the text in a table larger without the table growing larger? If this is a question asked and answered a million times please direct me to the thread. I am using Publisher 2003 with Windows XP Pro. Thank you. Changing the cell margins might help. Select the table, format table, Cell Properties tab. Create a text box the size of the cell; type the information in the box instead of the cell. Uncheck "Grow to fit text" in the table menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Parker" <malpar@redrose.net> wrote in message news:n7WdnalC6fey_QXVnZ2...

Linking to a table with a multivariable column.
I'm using Access 2007's new feature of multivarible look-up columns. However, when I try to link to a table with such a column, the table fails and gives a "The search key was not found in any record. (Error 3709)" I assume it is because the hidden table that controls the multivariate column is also not being imported. Anyway around this? ...

Copy Word Doc Bookmarks from One Document to another (VB.net)
I am try to copy bookmark from one word doc to another, find all the bookmark and select them etc. I can create the bookmark in the second word doc, with the correct name. The problem is set the location of the bookmark Any help here would be great WrdDoc is the destination doc WrdTemplate is the source doc ----------------------------------------- If WrdDoc.Bookmarks.Count = 0 Then '# Set Template Document Path Dim strTemplatePath As String = "C:\Temp\test.doc" '# Open Template WrdTemplate...

How do I show multiple worksheets on multiple screens?
I run 2 screens. I cannot work on 2 spreadsheets, showing 1 on each screen. If I open multiple sessions of exscel, I cannot cut and paste froma spreadsheet in 1 session to a spreadsheet in another. Ideas? You could save the file to disk, and then open it on the other screen. It might work I'm not sure if that answers your question. "larrynipon" wrote: > I run 2 screens. I cannot work on 2 spreadsheets, showing 1 on each screen. > If I open multiple sessions of exscel, I cannot cut and paste froma > spreadsheet in 1 session to a spreadsheet in another. Ideas...

Multiple signatures for multiple mail accounts
Hi all I posted the question below on the OE6 newsgroup but came to the conclusion that OE6 cant really handle this very well so I thought I would ask the question here I'm trying to setup different signatures for multiple different accounts. I've setup 10 accounts and 10 signature files However when I start a new message it puts in the signature from the default account. If I then straight away change the "From" account......The signature does NOT change ? Surely if you can set different signatures for different accounts on the signatures tab in the tools menu .........

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

Multiple Computers
Can you put Microsoft Publisher on Multiple computers? Sure, however a license is only good for one computer and a portable device such as a laptop. Read your EULA. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4285D6F7-DFDD-44A6-A21D-8E9899082B15&displaylang=en http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jessie" <Jessie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D6B9879-46A2-49FD-85D8-D51A6F323241@microsoft.com... > Can you put Microsoft Publisher on Multiple computers? ...

Multiple Conditions with Gradients
Hi, I'm having some trouble with conditional formatting. I'm hoping someone will know, is it possible to have multiple conditions for the same set of cells that use the gradient function? Basically, what I want to do is set up a gradient for cells with values 10 to 30, a separate gradient for cells with values 4 to 10, one for -4 to 4, one for -10 to -4, and one -30 to -10. I don't want one continuous gradient, but 5 separate gradient with different colors. This seems like it should be possible, but neither excel 2007 or excel 2010 beta seem to be able to do it. I...

downloading a column of a table from webpage
I tried to browse through the google and google newsgroups but I am not able to get saisfactory solution My problem is : I have an excel spreadsheet prepared. I want a column form a table in a webpage to be incorporated in one of the columns of this spread sheet. I tried through <data-get externaldata> and tried to create a new web query. in the new webquery dialog box I filled up the webpage address. But I want a particular column in a particular table of this webpage I dont know what is the name or number of this table though I tried to view the source. of course I can download the en...

Subtotals in Excel 2003 for doc exported from Sharepoint list
Am I going crazy? I just got XP today with Excel 2003. I know everything looks a little disorienting. But, I've got a basic spreadsheet, I'm trying to apply subtotals and the option is greyed out as is outlining. Is there a problem I don't know about. Any ideas why? Is the worksheet protected? Have you grouped multiple worksheets? And make a note of this--just in case you notice something different with your subtotals: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831824 Multilevel subtotals are in the wrong position in Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 Holly OK wrote: &...

Multiple Vista UA's with One Outlook Calender
I have 2 User Accounts (UAs) on my new Vista system that I'll call Work and Play, Work will access the wallaby@work.com email account and Play will access the wallaby@play.com email account - that's easy Work and Play will each have there own Contact List. Is there's a way of having a "shared" list in addition to their "private" lists? Work and Play must share the same calendar - there's only one wallaby, and even it can't be in two places at the same time. But I might like to have separate To Do lists. As its is now they have there...

Delete duplicates from a table
how do i make a query to delete duplicates from a table. One of the records i want to keep. Please help me best regard, Roger Since the records are duplicates, there's not really a way to do this with a query. If you don't care which record gets saved, you can create a new table with a compound primary key that will prevent duplicates from being added. Then create an append query that copies data from the old table to the new. At the end, you will get an error message telling you how many records were not appended due to duplication. Click ok and the new table will now b...

Where do I find the option to change number format in a Word doc.
I simply want numbers in a particular document to display with 2 decimal places. But I can't find this function anywhere. Used to be able to right click to get this kind of function but no more. Are you perhaps confusing Word with Excel? Word has never had that capability from a right-click option. You can use a formatting switch if the number is in a field. Otherwise, you basically get what you type. (I suppose you might have had an add-in that provided numeric formatting, but I'm not familiar with any such add-in.) -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible B...

Multiple Consolidated Excel Data Into a PivotTable
Hello; I'm trying to retrieve 3 analytical data sets from 3 separate Excel files into a PivotTable for better manipulation of the results. In the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard - Layout, only 4 field buttons (to my surprise!) are shown: ....Row ....Column ....Count of Value ....Page1 Q1 : Why are these keywords displayed instead of the actual columns' headings of the data ? (e.g.; Row is displayed instead of Series) Q2 : Why are only 4 field buttons displayed in the PivotTable Layout, instead of the actual (~30) ? Shouldn't one be able to construct the PivotTa...

Chart Covering Info from Multiple Sheets
I have survey data and each sheet holds the scores from a certain week for each of the 11 questions. I want to make 11 line charts that will show the answers over time for each question. For instance, chart 1 would be question 1. A week would be the x value of each point and the y value would be the average score for that question. The score is in the same cell on each sheet it that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Zach -- OlYeller21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ OlYeller21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/me...

Multiple users and multiple Fabrikams
I am using GP 9.0 in a university setting. We are running on VMWare with a single virtual server running Windows 2003, SQL 2005 and GP 9. We will be connecting to the server from lab machines using an ODBC connection from a GP9 client installation on each lab machine. I will need to set up accounts for about 100 students between my various classes for this next semester. Are there any shortcuts to setting up accounts rather than manually adding them one by one and associating them with a specific company? I want students to have individual accounts rather than generic accounts. Back i...

Pivot Table Pareto Chart ... How?
Excel2003 ... Can I use a Pivot Table to create a Pareto Pivot Chart? My Pivot Table Data looks ok, but the sort is not correct for a Pareto Chart??? Can I do this? ... How? ... Thanks ... Kha ...

Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please?
Hello, My boss wants to sync his Outlook calendar with several members of his team (one-way only). I've seen several products that can do that but his PC/Outlook would need to be left running all the time. Does anyone know of an (Exchange) server-based product that can sync multiple user calendars please? Thanks, - Alan. Do the appointments really need to be synced to his (or their) calendar? If not, calendar overlay in Outlook 2007 would work well without the need for a server-side utility. He just needs to open the calendars in his profile to review them either si...

Strange Value in my chart data table
Hello, I have created a chart with 3 different data ranges. One of the data ranges takes data that has been manually entered. They are quite long figures i.e. 18288388.31. In the corresponding entry on the data table I am getting these values: 5e+06. Anybody know what this means? Thanks. "owl37" wrote: > Hello, > I have created a chart with 3 different data ranges. > One of the data ranges takes data that has been manually entered. They are > quite long figures i.e. 18288388.31. > In the corresponding entry on the data table I am getting these values: > 5e...

Populating a table
I’m using Access 2003 and I want to create a query that updates fields in a previously created table. The first column of the table is EMPLOYEE_ID. The remaining 30 columns are actions that an employee can accomplish such as APPROVED, DENIED, ABANDONED, RFE. I can create a query that will provide me with a count by employee of each action but I can’t get that to populate the table I have already completed. Also, just to complicate things a little bit more, if the employee hasn’t completed a specific action then a “0” would be listed in the table. To further complicate things a lit...

Multiple pictures for current status display in a form
Hello, I tryed to look through several groups but haven't found a genius hint yet. Hope you can help me. I would like to create a MS-Access form that reads data from an online system, showing the status of various machines (running, pausing, actual product and so on). I would like to show on the form a symbol for each machine. This symbol should be depending on additional status information. For example a red machine for a stopped machine, a green for a running... I don't want to use just a simple rectangle but a jpg or gif. The next problem is, that I have a dynamic amount of these ...

Printing to multiple pages (horizontally)
Hi all, We have a module that uses custom printing code (no CView involved, just drawing to a custom allocated device context) to print out tabular data (numbers, text, borders) one or more pages. If there are too many lines the table will just be continued on the next page. Problem: We need to split the table to multiple pages horizontally, that is if the columns don't fit on one page width, we would like for the printed out report to use a "width" of two pages (or more). Since my experience with either printing in Windows C++ and device contexts in general ...

lookup tables
can i have two look up tables. one that has old prices and part number and one that has price revisions and additional parts? If so, how do i do this so that on my main page i enter a part numbe and the newest data is entered? thank you so much in advance. J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do one vlookup against the revision table. If it returns an error, then do another vlookup against the older table. =if(iserror(vlookup(revisiontablestuff)), vlookup(oldtablestuff),vlookup(revisiontablestuff)) "joeldsmt <" wrote: > > can i have two lo...