Huge header: how can I reduce it?

A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in
the main part, with what appear to be small regions of  header and footer.
However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header
boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table.
 Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be.

I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I
couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of
header/footer issues.  I guess this is why.

Anyway, there are two actual text lines in the header.  I need to remove the
second and put it in the main body so that it's easily accessible in a mail
merge.

Any hints about how I could proceed?

(*probably edited in 2007)

David

Often this just means that the vertical alignment for the section has been
set to Center rather than Top.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"David Powell" <DavidPowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in
> the main part, with what appear to be small regions of  header and footer.
> However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header
> boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the
> table.
> Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be.
>
> I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that
> couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of
> header/footer issues.  I guess this is why.
>
> Anyway, there are two actual text lines in the header.  I need to remove
> the
> second and put it in the main body so that it's easily accessible in a
> mail
> merge.
>
> Any hints about how I could proceed?
>
> (*probably edited in 2007)
>
> David

0
Suzanne

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

is there any limit to how long of a string SqlDataReader.GetString() can return?
is there any limit to how long of a string SqlDataReader.GetString() can return? Why do you ask? The answer is probably "It depends" On the one hand there is little practical limit to the size of a .NET managed string type. You can easily read a several megabyte file into a single string, for example. On the other hand there very well may be a server-side limit to the size of the data you are retrieving using SqlDataReader. For example, if you are reading a SQL Server table that has a cell declared as a NVARCHAR(4000). In those cases GetString() is going to return strings ...

Passing Data to Headers / Footers
Greetings All, I want to include a version number in the headers printed with my sheets. Is there a way to point to a cell within the header setup? I see how to insert standard stuff (file names, page nums, etc.). Is there syntax to include a cell? Thanks../Randy Hi only possible with VBA. There's no build-in support for this >-----Original Message----- >Greetings All, > >I want to include a version number in the headers printed with my sheets. Is >there a way to point to a cell within the header setup? I see how to insert >standard stuff (file names, page nums, ...

How can I move data from more than one row down, to many colums .
Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Could you give an example? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:380E0795-7D38-47CA-819E-C726D8C8ABB9@microsoft.com... > Can rows be moved to colums accross without dragging and dropping? If you mean transpose, I don't think you can do that with the mouse. Edit/Copy, then Edit/Paste Special and select the Tranpose option. On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:49:09 -0700, "Randy" <...

Can MSR be used on employee login? (Newbie)
Does anyone know how to setup RMS (POS) to use MRS for employee logins? I am EXTREAMLY new to this MSR technoligy. I have a Fargo Persona C30 (Printer/encoder), Cherry MY 7000USB (Keyboard/MSR Reader) and using a software called "Cardfive" to encode the MSR cards. I can't find any info in the RMS help files or online. Any help/info anyone ca offer regarding RMS MSR support would be much appreciated. Thanks AaronG Yes, but if you are doing Integrated Credit processing then you will need a separate MSR for Credit Cards and one for employee login. You will NOT be able ...

Can I change the color of a form based on status?
I have a form for work orders. I track the work order number, part number, serial number, etc. I would like to add a combo box with work order status Open/Closed. I know how to do this part. I was wondering if I can link a command that will change the color of either the box or the form based on the current status of the work order. When I scroll through the work order form I rapidly know which work orders are open and closed based on the color. The parts are shipped out to various agencies for repair and sometimes it may be months before we see our parts back. Once a week I go t...

How can I can split escrow in mortgage pmt to Cash acct
I created an escrow account for Real Estate taxes paid by my mortgage company as a cash acct and now I would like to direct the portion of my mortgage payment towards this account. When I go to details on the mortgage payment my only choices are categories, credit card accounts and the principal account. Did I use the wrong account type? Thanks in advance for any help. This can be done; but it was tricky. Go to Tools\Options and click on the Categories tab. If "Usa a Single List..." is unchecked, check it and try again for the split/transfer to your cash account. Mine is...

A Huge Opportunity . . .
Hello. On April 1, 2007, a new concept in Computer Support will be rolled out across the United States and Europe. We believe that PC-VIP will turn the market for support services to the SMB space <i>ON IT'S EAR</i>. We are looking for qualified support professionals to act as field personnel in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Seattle, and Washington DC, as well as in Paris France and Brussels, Belgium, immediately. The money is big, and no kidding, this will be so big that it's entirely likely that anyone who isn't "with us&qu...

Why should I code in header file [VS VC++ 2005]
Hi, In VC++.Net 2005 visual studio, if I create a new winform drag and drop a button, then double click it to write click event code, then it auto generates the template code for the event in Form1.h file rather than Form1.cpp file. This behaviour is against standard C++ coding standards, where my header file is supposed to just have declarations. I read in other topics that this is due to C# association of single file concept with the winform. Can someone (from MS or MS experts) explain why is this done? and how can I avoid it to generate template code in header file and write my code in...

Workflow Rule
Hi there, I'm new to Microsoft CRM. We've just installed v3.0 and I'm trying to create my first workflow rule using the Workflow Manager. When a new account is created I want an email notification to be sent to the account owner. Here's what I've done: In the Entity Type list, I selected Account In the view list, I selected Rule On the file menu, I selected New In the Event list, I selected Create To insert a condition, I chose Check Conditions, then I selected Check Entity Condition Then I selected: If Account <owner> not null then e-mail to <owner> ...

header margin
Header margins in my spreadsheet don't correspond to the margin in the spreadsheet itself. How to change? Leon Header/Footer margins are fixed at approx. 3/4 inch. There is no way to change this setting. Work-around is to "pad" the headers and footers with spaces. You can move them inwards this way, but not outwards. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:09:02 -0800, "Leon Meyers" <Leon Meyers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Header margins in my spreadsheet don't correspond to the margin in the >spreadsheet itself. How to change? ...

Slanting headers
I saw a spreadsheet where the column headers slanted up at a 45 degree angle from the rest of the column. This made it much easier to have long, descriptive headers without having to word-wrap or widen the column (the column contents were mostly markers, like x's, so the columns could be very narrow and get lots of them visible at the same time). I looked at the column headers and couldn't figure out how the borders were made at a 45 degree angle. The text is aligned at 45 degrees, but when I align text in a cell at 45 degrees, the cell borders remain vertical and horizontal, not slant...

Sum a value in a group header
Hi guys I have a report using a query which gives me duplicate rows in the details section (well almost duplicate - they are duplicate except for one field. For example, I have a table of incidents with an Amount field but there may be many people attached to that incident. When I retrieve all data around that incident including the people attached I get one row for each person attached to the incident. All data is duplicate except for the persons name. So what I did was group by the incident number and put the data in the group header, which worked fine. I hide the detail and only see o...

how can i get a CPropertySheet pointer in its CPropertyPage? Thanks~
I have a class extends CPropertyPage, I want to add a button in this page, for jumping to another CPropertyPage. But how can I get a pointer of CPropertySheet? Then I can use the SetActivePage(). or there is other way to realize this fuction? Thanks a lot. On 7=D4=C215=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E71=CA=B108=B7=D6, asuna <asun...@hotmail.com= > wrote: > I have a class extends CPropertyPage, I want to add a button in this > page, for jumping to another CPropertyPage. > But how can I get a pointer of CPropertySheet? Then I can use the > SetActivePage(). > > or there is other w...

How can I delete multiple carriage returns at once?
I am reformatting a document that has a carriage return at the end of each line and need to remove all (or nearly all of them). Is there a way to do that without going line by line. The document is 68 pages long!! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/CleanWebText.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A87B5E2C-54A9-44FE-B40E-A54C47C56788@microsoft.com... >I am reformatting a document that has a carriage return at the end of each > line and need to remove all (or nearly all of them)....

How to Print Header Attachment Info
When I try to print an open email which contains an attachment in the header attachments, the attacment file name doesn't appear in the printed copy. Is there a way for Outlook to include the header attachments with the file name in the printed copy? For example an email header would look like the following: From:TEST@TEST.COM To:Joe.Smith@TEST.COM CC: Subject:TEST Attachments:TEST.PDF The informtation I would like included in my printed copy is the header details - Attachments:TEST.PDF. Please let me know if you have a solution. Thanks, Nigel Marsh Version of Outlook? For O...

Center a column header over two columns
Is there a way to center a heading over two columns. Right now, the best I can do is (1) enter the first half of the column header in the left column (2). right-adjust it (3). enter the second half of the column header in the right column (4). left-adjust it. Looks kludgy. There must be a better way. TIA Pete Pete, Simply select the two cells, goto menu Format>Cells, select the Alignment tab, and check the Merge Cells box -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "hedrew3" <pe...

Huge file size
If I add an image to my Pub 2002 publication, the file size increases (that's normal)--but if I remove the image, the file size does NOT decrease---it remains the same. Apparently, it is cumulative---right now I am working with a Godzilla 339MB file size. Even if I remove all of my images from the publication, and I have nothing but text, the file size remains huge. Can anything be done to decrease the file size of an existing publication? Dave Block Tech Writer Long Island, NY Dave Block <DaveBlock@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > If I add ...

Forms that can be filled in with information
Hello, I have a problem, how do I go about creating a form in Word that I can send to someone to fill out on his end. Or is it possible at all??? In other words I want to make a "template" with fixed areas to be filled in by a person receiving it with his answers in the fixed question areas on the template. Walt South Carolina Hi Walt - Welcome to the ng! You not only _can_ create what ate referred to as Online Forms, but it is one of Word's strongest features. Assuming you're using 2004 you can start by searching Word Help using the keywords "create forms" ...

How can modeless dialog close parent dialog?
MFC dialog A invokes dialog B, and dialog B creates modeless dialog M. When the focus is in M and user types Enter, I want the dialog M to be destroyed and dialog B exited, as if user had typed Enter while focus was in B. I'm catching Enter in M (by overriding OnOK), and executing OnOK in the parent, B. This closes B, but does not redraw A. How can I accomplish the effect I am looking for? For a modeless dialoog, you must override OnOk and OnCancel to call DestroyWindow and NOT call the superclass OnOK and OnCancel handlers. This is important, because if you do, or you fail ...

Can you mix FE and BE with Std. and Ent. editions?
Quick question: Is it OK to install the FE server with E2K3Std. Ed, with a BE E2K3Ent. Ed? I assume this should work fine, but can't find any documentation commenting on this. Thanks! / Per Yes. "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message news:eM5rcCo%23FHA.912@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Quick question: > > Is it OK to install the FE server with E2K3Std. Ed, with a BE E2K3Ent. Ed? > I assume this should work fine, but can't find any documentation > commenting on this. > > Thanks! > > / Per > > > On Tue, 6 De...

Can't send but can receive email windows live mail and windows 7 6
Server Settings incoming ppo.directnic.com outgoing smtp10.bellnet.ca The connection to the server has failed. Subject '' Server: 'smtp10.bellnet.ca' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Are you connected to the Internet via bellnet.ca when trying to send? Some ISPs block access to other SMTP mail servers while connected via them. (They block TCP/IP port 25 except to their own SMTP mail server.) Some of these ISPs will make exceptions if you present a compelling reason to do this. The error m...

can't delete messages in Outlook
Suddenly I can no longer delete any messages in my outlook email area...when I try I keep getting the message : "C/docmnets and settings/my name-a sring of numbers/local settings/app data/microsoft/outlook/mailbax.pst could not be accessed. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" Any ideas? jon <goitse@comcast.net> wrote: > Suddenly I can no longer delete any messages in my outlook > email area...when I try I keep getting the message : > > "C/docmnets and settings/my name-a sring of numbers/local > settings/app data/microsoft/outlook/mailbax.pst could ...

Can't get rid of sounds
XP Pro SP3 IE8 I have just installed IE8 and have a small but annoying problem. The only sound I use is 'new mail notification' Since IE8 I have four sounds under 'windows explorer' that I cannot get rid of. The googled answers don't work They just say change the sound to 'none' and it will stop. This does not happen. Doesn't matter what I try the sounds come back! How to get rid of them. They are :-Feed discovered,Information Bar,start Navigation and Blocked PoP up window. Any help please. Hi Joe, Tools>Popup Blocker>Popup ...

exchange 5.5 won't generate well-formed headers
I'm running Outlook 2003, but our Exchange server is 5.5. Frequently I can't report spam because the headers are not generated to RFC standard. In example: Received: from wps-1.merrimac (WPS-1 [192.168.100.9]) by merrexch.merrimac with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2653.13) id K613T18C; Tue, 17 May 2005 13:00:34 -0400 From: "IBM iSource" <vrmmail@us.ibm.com> To: <munged> Subject: ADV: Final reminder from IBM; get a valuable subscription and great gift -- free of cost Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:54:07 -0400 Reply-To: isource@us.ibm.com ...