How to emulate Footer with table

I'm using a third party software (Oracle's BI Publisher) that allows me to
consume XML and generate forms using designed Templates in Word. It can make
use of the native header/footer in Word to handle pagination nicely however
some of the functions I need to use cannot be used within a Word footer.

Is there a way to duplicate the properties of a footer on a table?

For example, the table would need to anchor to the bottom of the page, not
move with the text above and print on every sheet.

My document currently consists of 2 seperate tables... the body content and
the "footer". I noticed that there is a table property under "Positioning"
that allows me to set the vertical position to "bottom" (and in addition, I
can uncheck the "move with text" option) but all of the options (top, bottom,
etc) are greyed out.???

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this without making this piece an
official Word footer?

How to design relationship between tables
Help please, I tried to set up an Toner tracking DB, I have five tables so far 1. MakeID, Make 2. ModelID, MakeID, Model (to generate the Model based on Make) 3. PrinterID, ModelID, SerialNum, MacAddress 4. TonerID, ModelID, Toner, Price (each Model has one or more toner) 5. Invoice, PrinterID, TonerID, Date, Qty I set up an form which user can use a combo box to choose the printer serialnum then the subform (table5 - table style) will allow user to enter the inovice number, date, qty and toner type for that printer. I want the user be able to choose the toner based on the printe...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

Table Layout Question
I have a table that i need into a different layout.. For example: Name Henry Sally Fran Mark Jared House # 2 6 9 7 3 House style A B C D E Porch Y Y N Y Y Fence N N Y N N Dog/Cat Dog Dog Cat Cat Dog I want to lay it out like so: Name House # House style Porch Fence Dog/Cat Henry Sally Fran Data from each individual is dropped into the c...

Pivot Table Variance
I have a pivot table that shows gross revenue by month. The months are the column headers. Is it possible to create a field within the pivot table that shows the variance between January and February's gross revenue? I don't have access to the source data. Thanks, Nate XL2003 Click on the Pivot table. PivotTable Tools => Options => Formulas => Calculated Field... Name: Comparison Formula: = February - January Click Yes if this is helpful. "Nate" wrote: > I have a pivot table that shows gross revenue by month. The months are the &...

Limit Pivot Table by date
I have a workbook with two worksheets, one in which people enter their data and the other that summarizes the data with pivot tables. The 2nd worksheet is protected. I created a macro that updates all three pivot tables automatically. Now I need to create a macro that asks staff to enter the date they started recruitment so that one table only shows the months and year when recruitment started. Right now, I have to select the month/year manually. What I would like is for staff to get one text box that asks them when they started recruitment (month/year). Ideally they would be ask...

Table of Contents Automatic Update
Is there a way that I can set the table of contents to automatically update like when I save or close a document? If so, how? Thanks! The following pair of macros should work: Sub FileSave() Dim t As TableOfContents For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents t.Update Next t If ActiveDocument.Path = "" Then Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show Else ActiveDocument.Save End If End Sub Sub FileSaveAs() Dim t As TableOfContents For Each t In ActiveDocument.TablesOfContents t.Update Next t Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show End Sub Place the macros in the Normal ...

Linked Tables Performance
I ahve a database with a linked table. I have found that this link reduce the performance of the database drastically. I have seen the "http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm" page but info was either not applicable or did not help much. I have found that putting a line "set db=OpenDatabase("LinkedDatabaseFileName") into Switchboard (the form that opens on startup) onload action will help in this matter, but creates other issues. Any suggestions? Rather than adding that to your Switchboard, what about the idea of creating a startup form...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

Pivot Table Columns
Is there any way to make the columns fill down in a pivot table? Some of the people seeing the reports get confused easily. In the example below is there any way to make the parent copy down on the next two rows? PARENT QUANTITY PO_NUMBER S00396 49 S07265-00 -------- S07272-00 -------- S07295-00 S00397L 62 S07265-00 Thanks Sharder -- sharder ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sharder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390185 I thi...

Pivot table overwrites neighbouring cells
Hello, I have multiple pivot tables on the same sheet to allow for easy comparison of data. The source data is a web query that is based on weekly data. As the week progresses, the size of the pivot tables will increase and overwrite data below it. I am looking for a workaround or if there is a way to set the pivot table to insert a new row below it if the table size will increase. Thanks in advance! Anissa ...

Pivot Table Errors
Hi, I am using a pivot table with date ranges being modifiued by VBA. The code I use to alter the date ranges is: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("Activity Date") .PivotItems("<" & Start_Date).Visible = False .PivotItems(">" & End_Date).Visible = False End With Whilst this works on my machine, and also the guy sitting next to me, it does not work on several other machines...all with Excel 2007 installed. Start_Date and End_Date are variables. Any clues? ...

More pivot tables...
Hello, maybe someone can help me with my problem. I do have several pivot tables in Excel. The data are coming from an Access database. All pivot tables are using the same Access DB, but the filtering is different for them. I created an overview sheet, which displays several numbers from the different EXCEL sheets. The problem I do have is that at the end, if I want to filter for a country, I do have to select this for each Pivot table and cannot change the countries for all the pivot tables in one go. I do not want to use macros, because I have to send this out and the macro secur...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

multiple headers in data table
Hi, I need to have my data table header row split into 2 separate rows. one for a name, the next row for their position. Is this possible, or will i have to make it work with just the one row? Hi, yes, but it doesn't look that great. Try laying your data out like this and then charting it. Position Name Amt Mgr Student1 2 Student2 4 Student3 1 Student4 2 Student5 8 Staff Student6 1 Student7 1 Student8 2 Student9 8 Student10 8 Actor Student11 5 Student12 9 Student13 2 Student14 6 Student15 4 Personally, I am in favor of putting the data below the chart in the spreadshe...

Adding Records to a table but preventing duplicates + other tests
Hi, I have a table which has three fields Type, Server and Service (table and sample data below): Type Server Service DEV TEST12 Performance PROD ALL Stats DEV ALL Dummy Data On my form, I use an option group to select the (a) individual server or (b) ALL servers (See Server field above). I use the following code to add records to the table when an 'ADD' button is clicked, which works fine: Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "INSERT INTO tblPermSrvcsIg...

Optimizing Spreadsheet for Pivot Table
Hello, I am trying to create pivot tables from existing spreadsheets that track staff labor hours. Yet, because these spreadsheets' cells of hours (in effect, a single 'record') reference both the columns (individual staff person) and rows (the tasks), MS Excel cannot create pivot tables (if I understand this functionality well enough): Excel needs to have all that data (i.e. a single 'record' with person, task, & hours) in a single row with the appropriately identified columns headers to reference to build the pivot table. 1) Am I correct in my assessment tha...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

Saving to table from Combobox selection
Hi Everybody, I have a combobox named (cboxItemMaster) that pulls from a table that I have.I have several of these combobox's on a form. Combobox 2 pulls filtered data from 1, then 3 from 2, then 4 from 3 respectively. This works fine. Now once all the selections are made I have it saving to a new table, an item setup table. This works fine. My question is lets say for combobox1 it pulls table1's data, table1's data has 3 fields of information, 1 is autokey, 2 is item number, 3 is classification of item. in the combobox I have it where it only shows the item name with the column w...

Return the address of cell table
Hi. Eg: I have a table (cell ref = A5:B10). Is there any formula which can call the cell reference of the table? So the code will be something like: =[display the cell reference of the table] =============== I use: - Win XP - Office XP Hi 0-0 Wai Wai ^-^, If you refer to VBA, then perhaps: Range("A5").CurrentRegion.Address Or, with any table cell selected: ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Address --- Regards, Norman "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:OJ1EfRXoFHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hi. > Eg: I have a table (...

Finding differences between two tables
Who can help me? I have 2 tables with mainly the same names. I want to find the names that are not in both list. I managed to do it the following way, but I think that it can be done easier. I did: Advances filter: as criterium range one of the 2 tables. With Edit - Go To - I highlighted the visible cells and coloured them. Removed the filter With Edit - Find - Format - I highlighted the noncoloured cells. Thanks Anne Here are two ways you can do that but I wouldn't say they are much easier than what you did. Put both lists on the same sheet in the same column, one under the other,...

How do I automatically update page numbers in a footer?
I have inserted "Page { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }" into a footer, different first page, and I need the NUMPAGES to automatically update when the file is opened as Read-only. Does anyone know how to get this to happen? Updating fields in footers is tricky. The easiest way to do it is to Print Preview the doc, but I don't think that helps you. I assume you're having someone else view the read-only doc? "B-" wrote: > I have inserted "Page { PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }" into a footer, different > first page, and I need the NUMPAGES to automa...

User name in Footer
I'm trying to put the user name in a footer and can't figure it out. I want "This file was prepared by 'username' on &[Date} at &[Time].". But I can't get the username in there. I've tried everything I can think of from system variables to system variables with an & and things that just shouldn't work (and didn't). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian, Try something like ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterFooter = "This file was prepared by " & _ Environ("username") & " on &D at &T&q...

Pivot Table Ascending Order of Row Field
I have a Pivot Table with the Row Field populated with Client codes (ABC). When I manually set the Feild Settings of the Row Data to Ascending I get the following order below. Note the first code is out of order. When I put it in decsending order I get the reverse order with the code JFM last in order. Whey is this? JFM AXD DTK EIL EQZ FLD GAJ GOM HNI HUN HZT MSH PGU QAG RJE RUM SLJ TAH UIS VGJ VZH WCY WLO Do you have a Custom list with JFM as one of the entries (Tools>Options, Custom Lists)? ExcelMonkey wrote: > I have a Pivot Table with the Row Field populated with Client c...

Insert from Table A to Table B with criteria
Hi, I need to create a schedule for teachers to proctor finals. I have 2 tables: Table A has the classrooms that need proctors and the times of the test. Table B has a list of teachers and the times that they work in the school. I need to write a program to fill Table A, using the teachers in Table B. But for each row in Table A, I need to check: 1) does the teacher work during the time period of the test, 2) are they already slated to proctor in a different room at that time. This isn't a difficult algorithm, I think. I just need to iterate through each row of Tab...

Emulating Word97
Okay, let's forget, at least for a moment, that Microsoft is discouraging (?deprecating?) the MDI paradigm and "suggesting" (at least by example in Office) that it be replaced by multiple instances of a program. 1. When Word 97 starts, it presents a "new document". If you select instead to work on an existing document -- either with File | Open or with the File | MRU list -- the original "new document" has been closed. How can I do the same thing? 2. Okay, now we ask: What's the big deal about MDI? Why shouldn't I use it? TIA Norm ...