How do you keep an e-mail form from going off the page to the righ

I created a template in MS Word 2003 containing fill in fields and saved it
as a document.  Now I want to copy the form and paste it into a new e-mail
message (Outlook 2003) so all the recipient has to do is click reply and fill
in the form to send it back to me.  The problem is, if the recipient uses too
many words the answer appears to drop down and keep going multiple times
(that is what I want) but eventually when they stop typing, the answer jumps
back to one line and extends off the page to the right.  I cannot seem to
figure out how to stop that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Would putting your form in a text box work?  Then the added text would wrap
within the text box.
--
S.V.C.

"BT" wrote:

> I created a template in MS Word 2003 containing fill in fields and saved it
> as a document.  Now I want to copy the form and paste it into a new e-mail
> message (Outlook 2003) so all the recipient has to do is click reply and fill
> in the form to send it back to me.  The problem is, if the recipient uses too
> many words the answer appears to drop down and keep going multiple times
> (that is what I want) but eventually when they stop typing, the answer jumps
> back to one line and extends off the page to the right.  I cannot seem to
> figure out how to stop that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Don't do this! You have no control over how the user will view e-mail, and
html e-mail is not Word document format. Instead send the form as an
attachment and get the user to return the completed attachment to you. See
http://www.gmayor.com/ExtractDataFromForms.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"BT" <BT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a template in MS Word 2003 containing fill in fields and saved it
> as a document.  Now I want to copy the form and paste it into a new e-mail
> message (Outlook 2003) so all the recipient has to do is click reply and
> fill
> in the form to send it back to me.  The problem is, if the recipient uses
> too
> many words the answer appears to drop down and keep going multiple times
> (that is what I want) but eventually when they stop typing, the answer
> jumps
> back to one line and extends off the page to the right.  I cannot seem to
> figure out how to stop that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

0
Graham

Subformss, Tab Controls, and Forms
Hello I am creating a case management database. I have created a Main form called Participants. There are several themes which must be completed for each participant: Personal Information, Personal Assessment, Personal Plans, Notes, and Other. I thought of using a tab control for each theme. I want to create subforms for each theme. That is, for the Personal Information tab, I want to create subforms for each subject area, etc. I read on this board that you can't but a tab control within a tab control, but you can create subforms that would individually contain a ta...

Outlook POP3 can't get mail.
when I recieved mail size 1MB, pop3 client stop recieved after get finished so I need to go to OWA and deleted mail 1MB and then I open pop3 client to get next mail. I change POP3 client time out to 5 minitues. I change POP3 exchange server time out to 120 minitues. Exchange server stay behind firewall. Exchange server stay internal zone, interscan (mail gateway) stay DMZ zone and firewall stay external zone. At firewall I disable scan virus for POP3 service. Could you please to help me to fix this problem? Best regards, ...

Workflow e-mail notification when task is completed
Users in our company create tasks in CRM and assign them to other users. When the user (i.e. new owner) completes the task, we would like an email notification that this took place. How can we establish the workflow so that the user who created the task receives the email notification when the task has been completed. Users are aware that they can review the completed tasks in History as well as reviewing open tasks in Activities, however there is a desire to have automated email notifications. Simple scenario Service case created and owned by Technician A Technician A creates a task for t...

Page headers linked to a cell
Hi I have got a spreadsheet that updates graphs and other info when a cell is updated with different information. What i need is for the page header to be updated with the different info entered into the cell Thanks The Cat Assuming you want the Left-Side Header to reflect the value of cell B3 - You can use an Event-Macro: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.address = "$B$3" then With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHeader = [B3] End Sub ---------------- Micky ...

Digital ID keeps prompting to access Protected Storage when sending message
I'm testing a Verisign Digital ID to "sign" my email. I must have chosen an option when installing the Private Key (or something) to put it in Protected Storage. Now whenever I attempt to send an email I get a notice (popup) saying "Application is attempting to access item from Protected Storage" (or similar text). Is there a way to tell Windows (2k or XP) that Outlook 2002 is "trusted" to use this key when sending email? Otherwise, is there a way to change how my Private Key is stored so that it (hopefully) still secure, but Outlook doesn't continue t...

Outlook Today page flashes information then goes blank
I am running XP and recently upgraded to Office 2007. Now when I view my Outlook Today page it flashes the Appointments and Tasks then goes blank. Can someone help me? ...

Schedule a cmdlet / mail-disable a public folder
I have Exchange 2007 SP2 running on Windows 2008. I need to mail-disable a public folder at a certain date and time. Is there any way to schedule this operation? I have seen the cmdlet Disable-MailPublicFolder, but I haven't seen anything about scheduling a cmdlet unless it is already an option of a specific cmdlet. Can this cmdlet be scheduled? Is there a way to use Scheduled Tasks (Accessories | System Tools) in Windows with a cmdlet? If so, how would you invoke a cmdlet from what is essentially a command prompt? Thank you for your help with this. Hello Loga...

Problems with mail enabled security groups
Exchange 2003 EE SP1 Windows 2003 SP1 Hi at All, we have the following problems sending emails to mail enabled security groups. For example we have one security group like v_abt_de_g_w wich is mail enabled. The member of this group is an other security group with some user accounts. After sending an email to this mail enabled group the email dosn't reach its target. On Exchange Message Tracking Center you can see the following Entries : SMTP : Message submitteed to advanced queing SMTP: Starting message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to categorizer But when ...

Hyperlink opens to IE home page rather than actual link
Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to follow a link embedded in Outlook. After clicking the link, they are prompted to "Locate link browser". They can browse to the IE executable without problems. If they try to follow the link again, IE will open to their home page, but not to the link itself. Further, if they hover over the link it states "blocked::yadayadayada" Any ideas? lisansaunders wrote: > Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to > follow a link embedded in Outlook. After c...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders...
While attempting to move the .pst file to another computer, I missed the step advising to make a copy of this file to work with. When I cleared the file's Read-Only attribute the machine freaked and re-booted. When I tried to go back into Outlook I got the error box that said... "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the C:\Documents and Settings\ {name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ Outlook\Outlook.pst" Is the .pst file retrievable? Can I do some...

Calculation Form Field
Hi everyone. I have hit a problem with a protected form I'm working with. I have a macro that allows users to add a new row to a table within the protected form, the macro adds formfields in to the new row, one of which is a calculation field. This calcuation field simply multiplies the previous two fields contents using cell references (i.e. b1 * c1, however this unfortunately does not seem to work when the form is reprotected and contents entered into b1/c1 etc. I have checked the expression that I am generating to the new field, and that calculate on exit is set to...

How to do a form letter?
I've worked with Access in years past and just getting up to speed on 2007. I've been reading reams of help files and trying various ways for hours to make a simple form. I need to pull up a person in the db, click a button and print one of a list of form letters (reports) to that person. I've tried creating a letter in Word and embedding it. Even when I set it "to fit" it is reduced in size. If I stretch it it looks funny. Regardless I then need to overlay field boxes everywhere they're needed and try to get them to align with the letter. This also means fields can&#...

Sorting titles for a mail out
Hello I haven't used excel for over ten years and have been asked to amend database of names and addresses for somebody and then sort them so h can do mail outs. Sometimes eg column a) will be Mr Smith, so letter will say Dear M Smith. Pips. But sometimes column a) will be The Marketing Manager. This is grea for the address label, but I want to say Dear Future Exhibitor in th letter. Do you know how I do this please? thanks, Paul -- Lance ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LanceB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Blank e-mail problem
Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and there is nothing in the body? What settings did I change, or did I pickup a virus? Thanks, RED anglirich <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote: > Using OL 2003 w/ Winxp. > > Recently, a few of my associates have told me that they have received > my e-mails when I reply back to them, but then they open them up, and > there is nothing in the body? > > What settings did I change, or did I pickup a viru...

Can you create and send e-newsletters longer than one page?
While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it won't let me e-mail it in the body of the e-mail. I'm not looking to write a book, but three stories is a bit too limiting. Any ways to trick the technology into letting me have my way with it? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kRo" <kRo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8596441-7317-4CEF-B972-F689BEF16399@microsoft.com... > While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it > w...

Cannot Receive Mail
Opened a Windows Live Mail account. Can send messages, cannot receive messages. Nothing shows in in box or unread mail. Is this a POP3, IMAP, or HTTP account? Who is the provider? Any error message when you try to receive? Does the status bar always say "No new messages"?=20 What happens when you send an email message to yourself? When you check via webmail, are there messages waiting to be downloaded? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "JIm" <JIm @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Exchange 2007 Mail Quotas
Hello, My compnay will be moving from SendMail to Exchange 2007 in the near future. I have no experience with Exchange, and I have some questions on mail quotas. We currently do not use quotas for users mail boxes on the Sendmail server, and my guess is the boss will have me keep it that way when we go to exchange. I figured I should be prepared just in case so I wanted to know the following: At what level are the mail quotas applied? for instance, does everyone in a particular Storage Group or Mail Database have to share the same mail quotas? Or can you give particular people in...

Forms 02-19-08
Hello All, I'm building a database to track steps of a root cause analysis tool. There are 7 steps to the process; I'd like to have a specific form for each step that all feeds one primary table. I'm able to make each separate form, but I'm not sure how to ensure that each form is updating the same issue. For example. If I open step 1 and start an issues # 0001 each form that I open for each step following needs to update # 0001. The problem is that I may not complete all steps together and don't what to have to search for the # each time I open a new form. I though...

New User- print preview cuts off part of my page design
my publication fits the page in design view, but is cut off in print preview...help? -- ch njoynthevu wrote: > my publication fits the page in design view, but is cut > off in print preview...help? ================= This may be reflecting the limitations of your printer. Maybe the following article will offer some ideas: "How to find the maximum print area of your printer" http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- *********Notice********** This is not tech support. ....I am only a volunteer... Solutions that work for me may not work for you. Proceed at yo...

Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN County ND Tax has: ND State and ND County I have created all tax authorities in Sales Tax, and then bundled appropriately in Item Tax (one item tax = MN St...

Export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-18-10
Sorry but somehow I couldn't add this to the original thread of the Post I sent earlier this month. My friend wanted to Export emails from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook Express Anyway although this is no longer a problem as my friend finally found another way to do this I am curious as to why her AppData did not appear. I passed on the instructions to her and also tested it out myself on W7 WLM and it worked for me. However when she started to go through the procedure she found out where her Store folder was located and when she tried to navigate to her Store folder s...

should be possible to view entire MS Word embedded object in MS E.
When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only the first page of the MS Word document is visible. you can request enhancements by sending an email to: mswish@microsoft.com Phillip M. Feldman wrote: > > When a multi-page MS Word document is embedded into an MS Excel file, only > the first page of the MS Word document is visible. -- Dave Peterson ...

Junk Mail
What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? - Amanda Kelski On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:25:50 -0400, Taryn <taryngirl93@verizon.net> wrote: >What if u put something in junk mail and u didn't mean 2 and u erased it? > >- Amanda Kelski Look in the Deleted Items folder. Note that you've posted this question in the wrong place - this forum is for the database software Microsoft Access. You may have better luck posting your question in a group for the mail software that you're using (Outlook? Outlook Express? Something else...?). Whe...

web page is small
I have built a .vsd file with flow chart & text of a few lines. then saved it as .htm file. The problem is that when I open it as a web page I see the whole text very small. I can modify it through Pan & Zoom, but I want to be produced larger in the first place. how do I do it? With the web pages produced by Visio 2003, if you're hosting the web pages on a web server, you can pass arguments to the page to set the initial zoom. For instance: http://servername/blah.htm?zoom=200 -- Andy Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and conf...

E-mail Addresses Tab Not Displaying in AD Users and Computers
Howdy, With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not displaying the "E-mail Addresses" Tab on the properties of their user object. As well they do not list in the GAL. Any ideas or pointers would be helpful. Thanks, Dan Foxley That would suggest that they are not mail or mailbox enabled. In ADUC right click, Exchange tasks.... Nue <danfoxley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146514613.576153.123400@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Howdy, > > With Win2k3 & Exchange 2k3 SP2. I have several users that are not > displaying the "...