How do insert name automatically atop of each pg of doc?

Hello,
How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting
page numbers?  My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I
have not been able to do so.  This is a new program for me, Word 2007.  I
have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because
for this.

Thanks for your help.

Click on the Insert tab of the Ribbon and then in the Header and Footer
section, click on Header and make your choice from the options presented or
click on the Edit Header button to get a blank header pane in which to
insert the name in the format that you want it.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.
"sheeba" <sheeba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> How do I automatically insert name on each page of document like inserting
> page numbers?  My professor told me not to type it in but to insert and I
> have not been able to do so.  This is a new program for me, Word 2007.  I
> have to submit my paper in MLA form and do not wish to lose points because
> for this.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Doug

how can i search for sheet with any part of sheet name
hi every on i need code for userform of textbox and listbox to search for any sheet in workbook with any part of that sheet name on i enter on textbox to populate on listbox all sheets named contain that enterd text on textbox . any help appreciated . thanks This code takes a string and searches the sheet name for it. Set strData to your textbox value and instead of msgbox, do a listbox.add Dim strData As String strData = "Dat" For i = 1 To ThisWorkbook.Sheets.Count For j = 1 To Len(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name) - Len(strData) + 1 If UCase(Mid(ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).N...

Change name in From section
How do I change how my name is displayed in the From section of my mailbox? Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, click Properties.=20 On the General tab you can change the displayed name. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "kabutton" <kabutton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:72ADFCC4-487B-45D8-AA62-E597CFFF44E8@microsoft.com... > How do I change how my name is displayed in the From section of my = mailbox? ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

OMA Log on name
Hi, I want users to be able to logon to OMA without having to set the user@domain.com I want them to be able to log on with their AD account/password only. Is this feasible? Thanks. Hi everyone, Here's how it's done. Administrative Groups--> First Administrative Group-->Servers-->Servername-->Protocols--> HTTP-->Exchange-->OMA Right Click, Properties --> "ACCESS" tab ... select Authentication type in the name of your domain in the Default Domain. Regards, "John-Trinec" wrote: > Hi, > > I want users to be able to logon...

Insert trigger

inserting hrs and minutes

XL 2000 Changes File Name for Save
When I save my Excel spreadsheet, Excel adds a 1 to the file name (file.xls becomes file1.xls). When I remove the 1 and save it, it responds with the overwrite message? It just started doing this several weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Anyone know what's going on? Are you sure that the additional 1 is added when you're doing the save? Could it have been added when you were opening the workbook? If you try it again, do you see: File1 (instead of File.xls) in the title bar? If yes, then it sounds like you've opened the file via a double click in windows explorer. And ...

Control Name when New workbook opened from a template
How can I control the name of a new workbook opened from template? Such as using MyWorkbook.xlt to open MyWorkBookToday.xls instead of MyWorkbook1.xls. Thanks, Steve -- SC from Lubbock, Texas The name of the file (including the extension) is set when you (or the user) saves the file. I don't think you can control how excel names workbooks that are created based on template files. Well, you could provide a macro that creates the file and then saves the file with the name (and location) you want. SC in Texas wrote: > > How can I control the name of a new work...

how to automatically enable controls' xp theme in a dialog
In the dialog generated with previous version of vc, the controls automatically display as xp theme. But, when i use the newest version of vc and build a dialog,and the controls display as classical windows theme. My question is how to make the controls automatically enable xp theme when the theme is enabled. thanks, best regards, kywoo ...

Variable field names?
Hi I am trying to execute the following code: - strSQL = strSQL & Nz([" & strCOM_Year & "], 0) where strCOM_Year is a string I want the system to use as a field name. It doesn't like this. Keeps saying 'can't find the field "|" referred to in you expression', even though I can clearly see in the debug window that the current value of strCOM_Year is "2006/2007". i.e. I am looking for the value in the field called 2006/2007. Any ideas? Stapes Stapes wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to execute the following code: - > > str...

Automatic conditional formatting from a list
Hi All I need a macro that colours cells if the product name in column A on it's row matches any in the product list. There is a list of product names in C17:End(xlUp).Row, that have different backgrounds applied to each cell in the list. The macro looks at Column A in the worksheet & compares it to the product name list. Where it finds a product name match, it goes across to columns I:BJ (on the matched row) and applies the product name's background colour to any "active cells" (i.e. value >0). The following code does this but it's applies...

Worksheet name in cell formula
I asked this question a while ago and got a prompt answer which I thought was what I wanted but alas its not... I want to be able to change my worksheet names.....ie: from Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc etc.....to something more meaningful.....eg Sales, Expenses....etc etc.... and have these changes reflect on the worksheet. For example, I might want Sheet 1 Cell A1 to say.....This is the Sales worksheet (assuming I have renamed it to Sales). The answer I was given some time back worked.....but it changed the formula on every worksheet to reflect the name of the last changed sheet. By this I mean.....

how to automatically load my function after the ListBox have shown on the screen?
i generate a project based on a dialog. and i insert a ListBox. i need to init some instruments in my programm, so i want to display the init process in the Listbox. how can i load the init function automatically but not spring the function by mouse or keyboard clicking after the Listbox have shown on the screen? You can populate the listbox in OnInitDialog. This is called before the dialog is shown. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mark" <qdmahui@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CE859599-1CE8-4311-B9AB-3C068BE6D078@microsoft.com... > i generate a proje...

alternate UI for Define Names ??
I've just started using Define Names for storing formulas. I find thi to be very helpful, except the supplied interface (in Excel 2000) i limited (especially since some of the formulas are quite long.) I've figured out some workarounds that work fine, but I was wonderin if anyone has created a more flexible, or just larger, interface t Excel's Define Names. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions -- jmg09254 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmg092548's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2611 ...

Insert with a where condition

Insert

Case (in)sensitivity of table names/field names
Hi ! I would like to work with Microsoft Access 2003 and Windows XP or Windows Vista. Are table names case insensitive? What about field names? Thank you very much for your kind help. Peter Yes, both are case insensitive, as is data. IOW, a search for either peter or Peter would find you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "peschrader" <peschrader@hREMOVEMEotmail.com> wrote in message news:up9WEFmeKHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > > I would like to work with M...

Can't chart dynamic named range??
I have a named range call TMW with this gnarly formula =OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH("TMW",Clients,0)+1,1)),0,0,IF(COUNTIF(Clients,"TMW")>12,12,COUNTIF(Clients,"TMW")),1) When I use GOTO and type TMW it selects the correct cells. Then I have another named range called TMW_ACTIVE with this formula =OFFSET(TMW,0,2,,) It simply takes the same range just over two columns. Again when I use GOTO and type TMW_ACTIVE it selects the correct cells. The issue is that I have charts that refer to TMW_ACTIVE and when the named range was hardcoded with values the charts w...

insert downloads into power point

how to insert data in a table

Inbox Email is automatically being moved to Deleted Items
Help - A number of important emails keep getting automatically moved to Deleted Items. I have not set up any rules like this. Is there some setting I can change to ensure this doesn't happen try opening outlook using the resetfolders switch. If you don't know how to do this, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Using Named Range for filename
I have a workbook that references various other workbooks on the server. All the files relate to the current month, so every month we do a find/replace to update the filenames. What I would like to do is store the filenames in the workbook and have each on as a named range. So instead of the formula =[g:\finance\shared]book1.xls!a2 I can use =book1!a2 I've tried doing this but each time it opens up the file explorer window and asks for a file. Thanks in advance David How about just making each one of your stored names as a Hyperlink? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "...