How do I spell out page numbers in header?

I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
using this format?

This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
the field.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
> header/footer
> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/3/2010 6:22:48 PM
But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the formatting
will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has it).
> Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to display the
> { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \* FirstCap }, then
> Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update the field.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page Two).
>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my header/footer
>> using this format?

0
Stefan
6/4/2010 6:14:20 PM
Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or
> cross-reference.
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to
>> update the field.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have to spell out page numbers in my document (i.e., Page One, Page
>>>Two).
>>> Is it possible to have the pages automatically numbered in my
>>> header/footer
>>> using this format?

0
Suzanne
6/4/2010 10:34:55 PM
I think you are right, but we don't know for certain.

--

> Nor would you want it to be in this instance, surely.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> But, of course, when you add a format switch to the PAGE field, the
>> formatting will not be reflected in a table of contents or cross-reference.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> This works best if you insert the page number directly in the header or
>>> footer, not using the Insert | Page Numbers command (if your version has
>>> it). Type "Page" before the inserted page number, then press Alt+F9 to
>>> display the { PAGE } field code. Edit it to read { PAGE \*CardText \*
>>> FirstCap }, then Alt+F9 again to toggle back and F9 (if necessary) to update
>>> the field.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Sarahk710" <Sarahk710@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan

Printing multiple pages
We are trying to print a 4 page brochure. The pages appear on screen to be in correct order, but do not print in the order in which they appear on screen. Does anyone know what we are doing wrong? Kevin it would help dramatically if you give the version of Windows and Publisher you are using when posting. I would suggest you have the Page Setup as Bookfold. This is the only reason why it would not print in the order displayed. Go to the menu FILE then PAGE SETUP and see what the settings are. -- We are using Publisher 2000 running Windows XP. I tried the Bookfold idea and it di...

Print Whole Page
I've taken over a job from someone else and I can't print the whole page. There seems to be a verticle page break of some kind and any columns after G won't print out. Any suggestions? Thank You Linda, does it have a print area set? file print area, clear print area -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Universal "Look For" to get to a contact from any page
I suggest that there be a universal "Look For" quick find box that looks at areas determined by the user (ex. contacts and accounts) from ANYWHERE in CRM. It would save time. Thank you for listening. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

8 page newsletter in publisher
I can't use page content option to layout inserted pages in my 8-page newsletter. What can I do to make other pages layout like pages 1 or 2? What version Publisher are you using? When you use the Insert menu to add pages do you get a pre-defined layout option? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Belinda" <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6ABFCC2-65BD-4377-86B7-BE4202E66BDD@microsoft.com... >I can't use page content option to layout inserted pages in my 8-page > ...

HELP MATCHING PHONE NUMBERS ON VOTER LIST [combining lists from different sources]
I have two lists. one list is a contact list of voters that voted in all the past 5 elections. there are no phone numbers on this list (2226 records). the other list a list of voters in general in the area. this list includes telephone numbers (23,214 records). I got these lists from different people so 'John Smith' in list 1 doesn't have the same primary key as 'John Smith' in list 2. What I'd like to do is have a list with all the records from list one with the corresponding phone number from list 2. i can manually look up people's names and addresses and c...

Embeddd Charts Page Crashing Excel
I have a worksheet with 10 charts that I have embedded into a second workbook. When co-workers update the file, save and close, it crashes their Excel. I have embedded the worksheet by inserting an object. Any idesa on what may be causing this or how I may do the page differently? Thx ...

How to add a Page Total to Report
I'm a newbie to SSRS having only spent time on the fairly basic SSRS elearning tutorial. I have a basic matrix report, that shows multiple pages. I'd like to show a total across all pages. How would I achieve this? Thank you, Mark Mark ="Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF396EC-643C-4E47-961B-E75DA523FF0B@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie to SSRS having only spent time on the fairly basic SSRS > elearning tutoria...

print chart on full page
Hi, a basic print question. I have charts on several workshhets I am printing. Some of them print and take up the whole page, the background is greyed out. I want that for the rest of my charts but can't figure out what setting to use? I have tried the page setups print "print full page" which is how those charts are set or the "scale to fit page" setting but changing those is not working. Can someone tell me what I am missing? Thanks, Todd Move to a chart sheet. Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsof...

Sort Picking Ticket by Bin Number
Is it possible to get GP 10 SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered to print in bin sequence order? I have tried to sort by bin number but I get a page break after every item. We need this so as they drive through the warehouse they will have a picking ticket starting at the first bin and ending at the last. Hi Rich, Curiously, why not print the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Bin Sequenced? Is the checkbox near the bottom of the Sales Document Print Options window not available? Advanced Distribution is not required to print this picking ticket. Regards, Leslie From the ...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Custom number format with colors
Hi, I would like to format my numbers this way: > 0 --> Green = 0 --> Black < 0 --> Red How can I do that? Thanks!! Go to Format->Conditional Formatting... set your specs and click the format button to format the text the way you want. You will do a seperate one for each color. Select the entire sheet first though (CTL-A) -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andre.labonte@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to format my numbers this way: > > > 0 --> Green > = ...

Spam filtering using headers: possible?
Hi, My ISP has a spam rating system whereby it inserts a header into the mail like "x-me spamrating: high" I can't find a way to create rules based on headers - is it possible in Outlook 2003? -- Regards Jon Yes, there's a "with specific words in the message header" criteria in the Rules Wizard. "Jon" <spam@jonparker.plus.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1eaaa2fd53db756298a012@text.usenet.plus.net... > Hi, > > My ISP has a spam rating system whereby it inserts a header into the > mail like "x-me spamrating: high" > >...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Subreport in page footer, page break issue
Hi guys, I have a subreport with a page break every 28 records. The main report recognizes the page break if the subreport is placed in the report footer (even though the labels I've placed around it do not get reapplied). However, if I place the subreport in the page footer (I have to do this because the main reports page break at 28 records pushes the subreport out) it works pretty well and keeps all of the labels but it's entirely static ignoring the page break at 28 records. It simply reprints the same 1st page records over again. Is there anyway to get the main report t...

More than 4 pics to a page
I am trying to create a 'photo wall' which will be printed out and pinned on a board. I would like to have approximately 21 photos to a page with captions. Is this possible in Powerpoint 2007? I can only see option for 4 pictures at most. Thank You Kay You'd need to create your own custom layout with custom picture and content placeholders. If you're talking about the Photo Album feature, though, there's no way to add layouts to that. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing ...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

Deleting blank pages from Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have an Excel document in which I'm using 6 different worksheets. When I go to either preview the document, print it, or try to convert to a .PDF file I see that there are like 20 extra pages in the document, all of which are blank. How do I remove these blank pages? Select all the rows below/columns to the right of the valid data and delete them. If there is any content at the extremities (a random space, maybe) then when you print, Excel will print a heap of "blank" pages. On 5/12/09 8:4...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

Changing Beginning Page Number
I have a document that begins with page #25. I need to change it to #23, but can't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? DJ wrote: > I have a document that begins with page #25. I need to > change it to #23, but can't figure out how to do it. Any > suggestions? ==================================== It would be nice to know what program / version you are using but we enjoy guessing so .... Try going to...Insert / Section. -- John Inzer ...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...