how do I right flush part of a single line

In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text,
I simply hit alt-F7.

How do I do that in MS Word 2003

Thanks

Joe Matthews
Gibsons, BC

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:06:01 -0800, Joe Matthews
<JoeMatthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In wordPerfect, if I want to hard right flush PART of a single line of text,
>I simply hit alt-F7.
>
>How do I do that in MS Word 2003
>
>Thanks
>
>Joe Matthews
>Gibsons, BC

Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
other respects.

In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
to do this.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
> other respects.
>
> In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
> clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
> the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
> to do this.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so all may benefit.

0
TedMi
12/15/2009 4:43:10 PM
That's true. And unfortunate. The saving grace is that most people never
change their margins.

TedMi wrote:
> To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right
> margin" in Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same
> distance as the right margin - however, if you change the margin, the
> tab stop does not move. -TedMi
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
>> other respects.
>>
>> In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
>> clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
>> the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single
>> keystroke to do this.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
Jay
12/15/2009 5:14:22 PM
In Word 2007 (and I assume in Word 2010), you can in fact set an "alignment
tab" that will move if the margins change.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
> Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
> margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
> -TedMi
>
> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
>> other respects.
>>
>> In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
>> clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
>> the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
>> to do this.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
>> so all may benefit.

0
Suzanne
12/15/2009 8:05:29 PM
Yes, Word 2010 continues to offer the alignment tab.

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 14:05:29 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
<sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote:

>In Word 2007 (and I assume in Word 2010), you can in fact set an "alignment
>tab" that will move if the margins change.
>
>--
>Suzanne S. Barnhill
>Microsoft MVP (Word)
>Words into Type
>Fairhope, Alabama USA
>http://word.mvps.org
>
>"TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
>> Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
>> margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
>> -TedMi
>>
>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
>>> other respects.
>>>
>>> In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
>>> clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
>>> the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
>>> to do this.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
>>> so all may benefit.

0
Jay
12/16/2009 2:12:17 AM
How does one set this "alignment tab"?
-TedMi

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> In Word 2007 (and I assume in Word 2010), you can in fact set an
> "alignment tab" that will move if the margins change.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin" in
>> Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the right
>> margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not move.
>> -TedMi
>>
>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>> Microsoft Word is very different from WordPerfect in this and many
>>> other respects.
>>>
>>> In Word, you set a tab stop at the right margin (most easily by
>>> clicking in the ruler), and type a tab character before the part of
>>> the text that you want to be flush right. There is no single keystroke
>>> to do this.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
TedMi
12/16/2009 3:23:30 PM
See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102341341033.aspx?pid=CH100626181033#Alignment

--

> How does one set this "alignment tab"?
> -TedMi
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> In Word 2007 (and I assume in Word 2010), you can in fact set an
>> "alignment tab" that will move if the margins change.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "TedMi" <tedmi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> To be precise, there is no way to set a tab stop "at the right margin"
>>> in Word. What you can do is set a tab stop at the same distance as the
>>> right margin - however, if you change the margin, the tab stop does not
>>> move.
>>> -TedMi
>>>
>>> "Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message

0
Suzanne

Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula?
Why are the two codes below not getting the right formula for my worksheet event change formula? The remaining ones do work, but these two are not getting the right results. Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" I'm trying to get both column G & H to show a combined value of data in other columns. Column G should show result by combining data from column E & B, while column H should show result by combining data from column F & C. Column G is showing: =RC[-2]&RC[-5] ...

turning lines on/off on a set of charts
I have a set of columns and each contains a list of parameters that describe a scenario. (Not any Excel-specific meaning of "scenario" (I think there is such a thing), but just the ordinary meaning of "it could be like this, or like this, or this...." parameter lists). I may input the descriptions of ten different scenarios, and then I have a set of charts for viewing the various implications of the scenarios. Having ten lines on a single chart is way too confusing. I'm usually interested in contrasting just two or three of them at a time. If this were an ordinary app,...

Automatically adding Vertical lines after certain points in line graph
Hi, I'll get right to the point. For my X series I have 7 consecutive dates. For my Y series I have different values representing a disease index. An example for the Y series would be 5, 12, 23, 27, 35, 42, 58. I need to some how have a vertical line drawn after every 18th index, so at 18, 36, 54, 72, etc. It doesn't necessarily need to be drawn at that exact value, it could be drawn every time that value is reached. Does this make sense??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt -- matthoffman33 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Serial comm: Line status error
When/why does a line-status error occur? I have some special serial port hardware attached and things work great for days, and then once in a while I get a line status error. My PC actually as an RS-232 to RS-248 converter, which allows me to attach many devices in parallel.. where all data on the line is 'heard' by all devices, and they themselves must take turns in speaking. They do this at regular intervals after the PC requests data, after one another. The devices do handle RTS/CTS line status but I am not sure. Could a line error occur if their communication would overlap? Woul...

Listbox selected line mostly just below bottom of window
I think I'm just missing a call of some sort. I have a listbox. Then I sort the lines, select the line I want and redisplay the listbox using: sendmessage( g_TagBrowse_HDlg, LB_SETCURSEL, C_LINE-1, 0); RedrawWindow( window, 0, 0, rdw_Invalidate ); But sometimes my selected line is mostly just below the bottom of the window. (see image http://members.cox.net/deleyd2/misc/listbox.gif ) I'm relatively new to this so I assume the problem is I just need to make another call of some sort to get the line fully in view? There's something very, very, very wrong with this code. ...

shortcut mouse right side key
the shortcut key on the right side no longer works in Excel. This is after installing a software inventory control in developed in Excel and removed for free on the Internet. Could anyone help me to run down the right side to link the mouse when using Excel? -- cslgh No menu when you right-click on a cell? Perhaps code from the inventory control program you installed disabled it. Alt + F11 to open VBE. View>Immediate Window. Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key. Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True Alt + q to return to Excel.............

Giving rights to a user's mailbox
I have a number of users that I have created in my Windows2003 domain that are giving me greif. I have been unable to assign permissions to their mailboxes to give other users the full mailbox right. When I go through the motions of giving the correct rights and then I try to open the mailbox in Outlook by telling it to open an aditional mailbox under the advanced tab I get an error of: Unable to expand the folder. The operation failed. An object could not be found. Any ideas? Thanks Mike Aditional: This is Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have also tried creating a new profile with t...

Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi - The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amount but for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When I drill down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for the rest of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regular salary. I am using Money 2003, would appreciate any help.... thanks ...

now to set line endings with XSLT

Very Easy...Right?
How do I change an existing code from... mynum = Application.InputBox("Select Submission_ID") ....to mynum is located in cell A4 on sheet 1 (ie use the number already located in A4) with no InputBox I've tried.... mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(R4,C1) mynum = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(4,1).Value mynum = Range("A4") I've even tried... Range("A4").Select mynum = ActiveCell I just don't know how to tell it to input the number already contained in A4 as the input for the already existing code. i'd use ...

remove SPAM from subject line
In my email messages I receive the word SPAM always is in the subject line even messages from approved senders. How do I prevent the word SPAM from being include? It is especially bad in that if I reply or forward the word SPAM stays in subject line. This is on every email i receive Thanks Mike Mike@emailua.com "Mike at UA" <Mike at UA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E0AB88C-82B0-4374-875D-C9B5DEE32777@microsoft.com... > In my email messages I receive the word SPAM always is in the subject line > even messages from approved senders. ...

Administrative rights
I'm fairly new to Exchange 2003. I have it running on Server 2000. (I inherited this setup.) I'm trying to enable another user to create IDs and have the AD automatically create the Exchange mailbox at the same time. Whenever they create a user, they are NOT prompted to create the Echange info. That form never appears. I thought the solution was to delegate control to them at the Administrative group level. I set up a group and given it View and Full control. I have set up the user specifically with View and Full Control. Nothing seems to allow him to create mailboxes. ...

how to edit the access right of C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\
I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied Compiler need read files from C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ I could not see the folders under C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\ in explorer. and I can access these file from Command window so these files are there I try to set the security let NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSER have read right but perperty window of assembly folder does not have security tab. help and suggestion needed. Thanks "MXC" <mxchen100@hotmail.com> wrote: >I test website, ant get Compiler error: CS0016 Access is denied > &g...

Inserting a new line when external data changes
I am using Excel 2003 Here is what I am trying to do, in case there is a better way: I want to have a spreadsheet with 12 monthly worksheets and one YTD worksheet. As I added new items to the inventory, I want to update each of these worksheets to reflect the new items. Most of the time the new items will be in between existing items. What I have done is prepared two spreadsheets, one with the monthly and YTD workbooks and another with only the inventory listing. Refresh works properly as far as adding the new item, but it is not adding a complete line for the data, such that each ...

New Line of Credit for Small Business Teams
Business Line of Credit from OPEN=AE the small business team Unsecured line of credit with a minimum line size of $10,000 Easy application process - no lengthy forms and no supporting documents required on most applications 100% cash access with a competitive APR Earn Membership Rewards=AE points when you access your Line of Credit with your card Other Benefits: Line sizes between $10,000 and $100,000 100% of the line is available as cash No collateral or minimum banking account balance required No application or origination fees Access to money through checks, card or electronic transfer The...

Formula For Sorting Part Numbers
I have Excel 2000. Sheet1 of my workbook has: * Part numbers in column D * Primary bin location in column F * Secondary bin location(s), if any, in columns I, J, K, L * Each part number and corresponding bin location(s) are listed on the same row and there are no duplicate part numbers I need help with a formula (to be inserted in Sheet2) that does the following: * List all the part numbers and bin locations (primary + secondary) if there is an "X" in column AB of any part number listed in Sheet1 * All the information for a part number should be on a single row * T...

Resources (Part 2)
This post continues post "Resources" some 20 posts below. I have included one file (dialog) from another project and I got compiler errors: Compiling... MyProject.cpp MyDlg.cpp C:\Projects\VS\MyProject\MyDlg.h(35) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'm_list' C:\Projects\VS\MyProject\MyDlg.h(35) : error C2501: 'CListCtrl' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\Projects\VS\MyProject\MyDlg.h(35) : error C2501: 'm_list' : missing storage-class or type specifiers It doesn't understand what CListCtrl is. What I ...

2 data ranges shown on 1 line with 2 axis
Is it possible to have 2 data ranges plotted on one line against 2 value axis?? The X axis will be a dateline. I need to be able to look at a point on the line e.g., 3/07/05 and see a value on the Z axis and a different value on the Y Axis... but on 1 line not 2. I didnt think it was possible, but I have an engineer who believes this is possible. Help please ! cheers, Nadia Excel does not do 3D charts well. Maybe someone else can point you to ways to kluge this. "Nadia" <Nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4186078-FEDE-45D4-9849-C7B25804D945@micro...

RIGHT-Return 10th characters to right
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit in column B. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. =RIGHT(A1,10) Regards, Felipe >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel spreadsheet with 25 or more digits in >column A. I want to put the 10th digits to the last digit >in column B. > >Is there a way to do this? > >Thanks in advance. >. > Jh, =RIGHT(H8,LEN(H8)-9) Dan E "jh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00cf01c398c6$e9f044d0$a5012...

Line colour and tint
Hi, I'm creating a company brochure using Publisher 2003 and I've encountered a slight problem regarding line colour and tint. What I would like to do is change the tint of a line colour. I know how to do this for a background but it seems I cannot do this for line colours. Basically I would like to change this colour: RGB 0,0,102 and change the tint to 70%. I'm trying to limit the colours to two and change the tint to give the appearance of different colours. Saves money on the printing :-). I would really appreciate some help. Thanx. Select your line, line color, mor...

Flushing Deletes in a CRecordSet?
Hi all, I'm using CRecordSets to do updates on a MS Access database. There are 2 tables in the DB with one of the columns of table 1 being a foreign key to table 2 (this is enforced by MS Access by specifying the Relationships of the tables). When I do: - table1 delete all records with column 1 value ID x - table2 delete record with primary key ID x I get an CDBException (originating in MS Access) stating that I can't delete the record in table 2 because table 1 still has links to that record. If I just put a breakpoint after the deleting of the records in table1 and then contin...

Public folder right is missing!
Hi ou there, Permissions on Public folder tree is missing, users with right to modify or edit folder content are dinied access to the folder tree where they have permission. I used pfdavadmin to see and edit the permission but still the right are not retained. Help! ...

5 line for each name person
name birth marriage occuption death Is there a question here? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:56:21 -0700, joseph todd <joseph todd @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >name >birth >marriage >occuption >death Yes, but it's a secret - you only get told what the question is when you work out the answer. -- Cheers macropod [MVP - Microsoft Word] "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:iqk7u45cjcsssqjs7ns1v99slv0aci2294@4ax.com... > Is there a question here? > > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP...

Execution time of several minutes
Hello group! A couple of weeks ago, Bob Phillips helped me with a function that rearranges and sorts my list of run times (for different courses when I've been out running). Now, I'm just wondering, is such a function supposed to take 3-4 minutes to execute (on a slow, 800MHz/384RAM (not the newer, faster type))? For each course that I've run (currently about 15 in the "course list"), the function runs through my list of runs (which consists of results from about 90 runs) so that the script can make a new listing of all runs, but this time grouped by course. Thereafter,...

OL2007, Word as editor, right mouse button not showing autocorrection
Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. However, when creating a new email in OL, the Word editor uses the right button for Work | Signatures. Can I get it back to the normal Word modality? TIA, Bill "Bill Davy" <Bill@SynectixLtd.com> wrote in message news:OV4P7gdEKHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Normally when using Word and the cursor is over a misspelt word, the right > mouse button shows alternative words and various other options. > > However, whe...