How do I invert a paragraph?

I am printing a "made by" box on the back of a greeting card, and I need to
invert it after I type it. How do I do this.  The "flip or rotate" on the
draw toolbar doesn't work.

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"SKC" <SKC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am printing a "made by" box on the back of a greeting card, and I need to
> invert it after I type it. How do I do this.  The "flip or rotate" on the
> draw toolbar doesn't work.

0
Graham

IF for inverting true/false
hello all !! i have this.... =OR(AND(T65-U65>=Q55*N11;L10=TRUE);(U55*Q56<=T55)) but for some formal reason i need it to give false when it's true and vice versa.. with this... if i am not wrong... =IF(OR(AND(T65-U65>=Q55*N11;L10=TRUE);(U55*Q56<=T55));FALSE;TRUE) am i right ?? tx !! paolo Just use the NOT function on your original expression... =NOT(OR(AND(T65-U65>=Q55*N11;L10=TRUE);(U55*Q56<=T55))) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "pls123" <pls123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E13B7A5-A512-4A55-A3EA-AA25515A77C8@mi...

How not to have those slanted inverted comma when editing text in Word
Hi ! I'm using Word as a text editor. I notice that it uses those slanted " and ' instead of the vertical ones. This cause a problem when my othe program reads the file. Is there are way not to use those slanted " and ' ? Thanks very much in advanced. Word isn't a "text editor", it is a word processing application, if you need interoperability with other programs expecting "plain text" use a "plain text" editor like NotePad (which is on all Windows installations) dingdongdingding wrote: > Hi ! > > ...

INVERT
How can one invert data in an excel column - i.e. In a column of 20 entries, the 1st becomes last, second entry becomes second last etc - REGARDLESS of the numerical value. Use a help column with numbers from 1 - 20, select both columns and sort by the help column descending Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Austy" <Austy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1A3FF7F-9B28-4B0D-9AC3-4B6A332EFFCA@microsoft.com... > How can one invert data in an excel column - i.e. In a column of 20 entries, > the 1st becomes last, second entry becomes second last etc - REGARDLESS of &...

MsgBox with number of paragraphs formatted with a user-defined paragraph style
Dear Experts: I would like to loop thru all paragraphs and check how many paragraphs have been formatted with a specific user-defined paragraph style (say user-defined-style-1). A Msg Box is to show me the numbers of paragraphs formatted with this style. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Something like Dim oSection As Section Dim oPara As Paragraph Dim i As Long i = 0 For Each oSection In ActiveDocument.Sections For Each oPara In oSection.Range.Paragraphs If oPara.Style = "user-defined-style-1" Then i = i + 1 ...

invert data in xls file
Hello I have a question hou to invert data in a xls file I have a file with 3000 lines with number data and i want to change i a file where the line 3000 to be 1, 2999 to be 2, 2998 to be 3, .... I need help pls !!! Thank you in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > I have a question hou to invert data in a xls file > I have a file with 3000 lines with number data and i want to change in > a file where the line 3000 to be 1, 2999 to be 2, 2998 to be 3, .... One way: 1. Find an unused column, say "U", and put the following in U1: =5000-ROW() ...

How do I invert a paragraph?
I am printing a "made by" box on the back of a greeting card, and I need to invert it after I type it. How do I do this. The "flip or rotate" on the draw toolbar doesn't work. See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

Spaces at the start of paragraphs
Whenever I cut & paste text from Word to Publisher, I get a single space at the start of each paragraph - who do I switch this off? >-----Original Message----- >Whenever I cut & paste text from Word to Publisher, I get a single space at >the start of each paragraph - who do I switch this off? >. > Some time ago, I stopped copying directly from any document type other than Publisher. I first paste the text into Notepad to remove all formatting. Then select all, copy and then paste into Publisher. Yes, you will have to do the formatting that Publisher understands and...

How do I invert data so that the columns become rows??
I have a block of data where I would like the columns to be rows and the rows to be columns. Is there a simple way to flip the data? Use Copy followed by Edit|Paste Special->Transpose Make a second copy of you file before doing this - just in case you mess up best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jsloman" <jsloman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E2AF3DD-DB72-4DF4-B02D-85B96570E98B@microsoft.com... >I have a block of data where I would like the columns to be rows and the >rows > to be columns. Is ...

New paragraph
I feel like a dunce. When I reply to a message, and want to start a new paragraph, I hit my Enter key, yet norhing happens. How do I move to a new paragraph. The answer to that very much depends on the program you are using to enter your reply. A typical answer for many apps is to use <Ctrl>+<Enter> or <Shift>+<Enter>. <steven.hirsch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122928141.473162.282330@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I feel like a dunce. When I reply to a message, and want to start a > new paragraph, I hit my Enter key, yet norhing happens. H...

How can I invert the data in a column?
I have a lenghty list of data (column) that for another project I need a selected portion of the data in the reverse order. For example: the original data from top to bottom is a, b, c, d, e,---I now want that same date displayed as e, d, c, b, a. ...

How to change the default paragraph style
in a new message? The format is HTML and the style is paragraph. We want it to be normal! Word is not the editor. Can change it one time but when we do another new message it changes back to paragraph! ...

invert selection
A feature in older operating systems I sometimes found useful was the "invert selection" in the Edit menu (now organize) of Explorer. I do not recall seeing this in the short time I had Vista and do not see ti there in 7. Is there any way to get this back? I have resorted to deleting the entire group and restoring the ones I wanted to keep. Thanks "lb" <ldbrw@my-Dejanews.com> wrote in message news:1343bbb5-087c-4866-8465-3ef492431c9c@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... >A feature in older operating systems I sometimes found useful was the > "inv...

Inverting a data column
Greetings, I am attempting to invert a column of numeric data (4000-entries) without choosing ascending or descending order as the data has no numeric order. Is there a command or serise of commands to use without writing a formula to erform the action? Thanks, Mike -- Desmo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Desmo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391357 There may be neater solutions, but until something better comes along, yo...

Invert Text
Is there an easy way to invert text? For example, if A1 = "Blanche DuBois" I would like invert(A1) to equal "sioBuD ehcnalB" Thanks in advance -- Gary's Student You can use StrReverse in a User Defined Function, or in a macro http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=%2352e1e%239DHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Function ReverseText(cell) ReverseText = StrReverse(cell.Text) End Function usage: =ReverseText(A1) --- HTH, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: ...

Inverting text
Is there a way to invert text in Excel without using a "text box" or some other form of word art? As such, you can only align text between 90 & -90 degrees from horizontal. I'm looking for 180 degrees, so the text reads upside-down. You could google for an "upside down font" Or you could type your text into a different cell (hidden away) Then edit|copy then shift-edit|paste picture link then rotate that picture. use shift and alt when you're positioning the picture to fit the cell exactly. And since you pasted the picture as a link, any change you make...

paragraph mark
I did something and now when I go to write a new email there are the paragraph markings after each sentence. How can I disable this? CTRL+SHIFT+8 toggles the "Show Markup" on/off. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:080FC50C-61F3-42D5-B117-E960A7CEB308@microsoft.com... > I did something...

inverting data
I'm wondering if it's possible to invert data so that what is up at th top will now be at the bottom and what is at the bottom will now be u at the top. This would be easy if I had only a few rows o information, but I have hundreds. Thanks in advance. -- Isaa -- I Maycott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55988 You can temporarily add a 'helper' column next to your column of...

How to invert 2 series?
I have a graphic with 2 series, I can invert one verticaly, but not both. Any suggestion What do you mean by "invert"? Do you mean plot Y values in reverse order? Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, check the relevant option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Feejo" <Feejo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31641E15-AC5C-4450-B907-E62E18EF9715@microsoft.com... >I have a graphic with 2 series, I can invert one verticaly, but...

paragraph marks
I did something and now whenever I want to reply to an email, or produce one, I have all of the annoying paragraph notations on the screen. I know how to get rid of them in Word, but there is no option for Outlook 2003. Can anybody help me please! Thanks. Kevin ...

Inverting Text
Is it possible to flip specific text in Word so that it appears upside down? I have a document that consists of two columns and I'd like to flip the text in the one on the right so that when you rotate the (paper) page 180 degrees, the text in that column appears normal. Using Office 2000, but if that's too dated I'm thinking that the solution for even Office XP, if there is one, might apply. I personally have not heard of this or this option to be available -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not a...

Alphabetizing text within a paragraph
I am in the process of creating a web page on Microsoft 2000 for our health-based non-profit. Within the page, there is a paragraph of words (different medical diseases and conditions) that I would like to alphabetize. Whenever I follow the directions as to how to sort, Microsoft tells me that it found no material eligible to sort (alphabetize). I would like to keep these words within the paragraph (each word is separated by 5 spaces) and alphabetize them accordingly. I further want to use each alphabetized word as a link to a phyto-medicinal cure that I am planning to write further down on th...

Numbering Paragraphs and Lines
I'm using Word 2007. I'd like to number paragraphs and lines in text for quick reference when discussing the text with others (ex.: "see paragraph 6, line 8") Is this possible? I've done this several times in Excel. It works really well, but in Word a little more difficult. One thing you could try is to create a long and very narrow text box in the left margin and insert the paragraph/lines number in the text box. You may want to remove the border from the textbox and all you would see are the numbers. "NicoleS" wrote: > I'm using...

can text be inverted by 180deg
Hi, Is it possible to invert text by 180 deg. Under Format - cells you onl have the option of 90 deg -- trye ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tryer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1654 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39979 from my archives sometime back i used this formula =OFFSET($B$1,MATCH($B$16,B1:B16,0)-1,0) my original data is in B1 to B16 I copied this to any cell and copy down try this. may be easier solutions available tryer <tryer.1ugkia_1125205502.54...

Turn columns off to insert a paragraph after them
I have 2 columns set up and want to now put a paragraph below them. I can't seem to turn the columns off. How is this done in Word? Insert a section break. Format the newly inserted section as one column. If you want detailed instructions, please tell me your version of Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "spyrus" <spyrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6C4B930-8DB5-4067-AC8A-DEF5AB6E87FD@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns set up and want to now put a paragraph below them. I can't > seem to turn the columns off. How is...

Inverted text
I can go to the format window and forced text 90�, or letters running top to bottom. can I rotate text180� so it is upside down? I tried using a text box, and using the flowchart autoshape for "process" , but when i rotate the box 180�, the text remained the same. Word Art doesnt seem to be a good choice, bcause I just want a plain font (10 or 12 pt arial). Any suggestions? Thanks, Billy Style orientation is limited to the [-90�,+90�] interval. You coul possibly use for some small investment an upside-down font. cf http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ingrimayne/upside-down -- Message...