Hints/tips text block for Word

I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a
symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks

You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture
bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and
save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in
Word 2007).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with
> symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks

0
Suzanne

Command Parameter Hints
When entering a worksheet function on the command line, a yellow box with parameter ordering/option info appears below. A useful remider! However, there seems to be no info/documentation of what to declear/set when writting your own VB functions so the same type of hint info will appear when your function is used. Does anyone know if/how this can be done? AFAIK this cannot be done. You can use Laurent Longre's FUNCUSTOMIZE.DLL to show arguments with descriptions when using the Insert Function feature. However, this does not provide the "ballon tips/hints" that Excel Functi...

missing text
For some reason when I go to the query or report that was run some text disappears. I have verified that the text is complete in both the table and the form. What can I do to have all the text show up in my queries and reports? On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:02:01 -0800, access novice <access novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For some reason when I go to the query or report that was run some text >disappears. I have verified that the text is complete in both the table and >the form. What can I do to have all the text show up in my queries and >reports? ...

Excel cell value equals selected text from Word
Is it possible to bookmark or link a piece of text in Microsoft Word eg. a title in the word document is 'West Belfast Profile' In Excel, I would like to make a cell value equal to the text from Word. Basically cell A5 in excel equals 'West' from the title 'West Belfast Profile' in Word. If the user changes the title in Word to 'East Belfast Profile', the cell value in Excel changes to 'East'. Is this possible? You go to Word document and copy the text you want to link to Excel, select the cell you want to paste to Excel file, right-click ...

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

Block Incoming to Distribution List
We have a Distribution List named allemployee in Exchange 2003 Now some spam / junk mail comes to this id and spread to all mail box. so can we block particular this DL to receive the mail from outside my organization but inside organization should work. Allow only authenticated users to send to the DL from the DL's properties | Exchange General tab. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Amit Tank" <amitmtank@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1128020170.849115.215660@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We have a Distribution List named allempl...

Change listbox text size in Excel 2007
Using data validation list box function to display a named range, How can the text size be increased when displayed in the list box, How can the number of records displayed be increased from the default This can not be done. See link for further detail and possible workarounds: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Maxwell Crompton" wrote: > Using data validation list box function to display a named range, > How can the text size be increased when displayed in ...

Why does text disappear from organization chart boxes?
I am trying to type many positions into the organization chart boxes in Visio 2003. I want the boxes to contain several lines of text; however, when I click outside the boxes, all the text disappears except for the title. How do I get all the text to stay? ...

Text in textbox is indented?
Hi, I have typed some text into a textbox. Then I think I messed with some text settings and as a result, my text is indented from the second line of each paragraph onward. Something like this: ---------------------- The text in my textbox ****begins here, ****however as you ****can see it is ****indented from ****the second line ****onward. If I start a new line ****however, the ****first line is not ****indented. ---------------------- {picture attached} I've clicked the decrease indent button many times but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas? ...

Free webinar on tips & tricks led by Excel MVP...
I'll be leading a LIVE 1-hour FREE webinar on tips & tricks on January 14 and again on January 27 from 4-5 PM est. It's done from your computer. To find out more & register, go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellowish rectangle on the left "Try a free webinar", click the link for Microsoft Tips & Tricks. Maybe I'll "see" you there! Bob Umlas Excel MVP Hi Bob would it be possible for you to advise the time of the seminar in relation to GMT ... being in Australia i've no idea what 4-5PM est converts to. Thanks JulieD "Bob Uml...

Posting Messages
If I just keep typing as if I was in a word processing application in = the supplied 'Message Box', if appears to scroll me nicely to a new line = whenever required. However as you can see above, after adding my message to the newsgroup, it displays my text as a single long line!! For this particular paragraph, I have entered the Return Key myself to ensure lines of reasonable length. What's the secret to having it done automatically. Thanks, ...

query relationship text --> Number 18,6 type mismatch
I need to pull a list of posted invoice with prepaid terms (sql below) using two tables and INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER. [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice is 18,6 Number [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER is text How can I overcome the yype mismatch? SELECT [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[CustID], [InvoiceHeaderHistory]. [CustNm], [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[Terms Desc] AS OPEN_T, [InvoiceHeaderHistory].[InvoiceDate], [ARTrans].balance FROM [InvoiceHeaderHistory] INNER JOIN [ARTrans] ON [InvoiceHeaderHistory].Invoice = [ARTrans].TRANS_NUMBER WHERE ((([...

Visio 2003
Visio 4, 5, 2000 and 2002 could automagically create great drawings (flow-charts) from text-files. Visio 2003 professional does not recognize the text-files my VC6 application creates :-( I there an available another not so hard technique my application can use to let Visio create my simple drawings? ; ex2_visio_import.csv Template, "Audit Diagram.vst" Shape,"1","Terminator","Start",,,,,,, Shape,"2","I/O","Some kind of input",,,,,,, Shape,"3","Decision","Test the input",,,,,,, Shape,"4&q...

Blocked Attachments in XP
Without Exchange if a stand alone user in Outlook XP it would appear to block all sorts of attachments that I might want including some URLs!! Is there ANY way of stopping these Level 1 blocks if one doesn't have Exchange? All seems a bit like Big Brother otherwise. "sallyt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4a7901c3e449$76281630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Without Exchange if a stand alone user in Outlook XP it > would appear to block all sorts of attachments that I > might want including some URLs!! Is there ANY way of > stopping ...

WORD file type corrupt
HI Everyone, I need some help that's driving me nuts! I have a laptop w\win xp sp2 - office 2003 sp3 + office 2007 compatibility pack I receive an email with an .docx attachments. You click on the attachment to open and get this error "C:\documents and Settings\XXXX\desktop\testword.docx" This action is only valid for products that are currently installed. NOW I have all the components in place. I even uninstalled office 2003 & Compatibility pack, remove all entries from the registry that reference office (11.0 & 12.0) I renamed the mapi32.dll &...

Entering Text and Date
I need a macro that will enter some text "Uploaded" and the date and time in this format "The text" date time such as Uploaded 04/19/07 12:42 PM. I don't want this time to change after it is entered" Can any one help? Herschel , Sub EnterUpload() ActiveCell.Value = "Uploaded " & Format(Now, "mm/dd/yy h:mm AM/PM") End Sub HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Herschel Lawhorn" <Herschel Lawhorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79E4EA03-2757-45AA-BD52-6E2553483265@microsoft.com... >I need a macro that will enter...

Insert a special character before and after a word
Hi, For ex: In a cell, lets say the value is 'Microsoft'. i want to create a button or a macro such that, if i click that it should insert ')' before & after that word. How to do it? Rgds, Venkatesh Hi, Venkatesh Try selecting the cell to be modified and running this: Sub AddBrackets() Selection.Value = "(" & Selection.Formula & ")" End Sub If you want to modify a range of cells, select them then run this: Sub AddBracketsToRange() Dim CellToModify As Object For Each CellToModify In Selection CellToModify.Formula...

how do I get administrator permission to save docs in word?
I have a saved word doc in one folder and I want to save it in another folder, but I get small window that states "you don't have persmission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission." I am the administrator. How can I can change that or give myself permission? Thanks. Jack When you see the message, are you actually logged in as Administrator? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mcmar" wrote: > I have a saved word doc in one folder and I want to save it in another > folder, but I get small window ...

Insert Bookmarked text
I use Word as the default composer in Outlook. I have a button in Word that, using VBA code, will insert into the active document the contents of a certain bookmark found in another Word document. Here is the essence of the VBA code: Selection.InsertFile FileName:="MyDocName.doc", Range:="Address" In 'regular' Word, the process works just fine, and the text found in bookmark 'Address' is properly inserted. But in Outlook, the command results in the entire document "MyDocName.doc" being inserted as an attachment to the message. Is there any wa...

easy tips
simple internet safety tips http://teaarts.blogspot.com/2010/05/use-with-caution.html junk ail spam ...

paste text into cell that already has text in it
I would like to cut and paste text from cells into a cell that has been formatted "wrap text". The past command does not appear to work. Please advise. Use Edit/Paste Special and select Formula. This will copy the contents of the cell without changing the format settings of the target cell. "susanc" <susanc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27865784-6F52-40C4-9472-7E24F2B6B146@microsoft.com... > I would like to cut and paste text from cells into a cell that has been > formatted "wrap text". The past command does not appear to w...

Think I need to do a reload. Any helpful hints?
Using a Dell D600 Latitude laptop. I've been having multiple issues since updating to SP3. A friend suggested maybe loading SP3 on top of what I had may have caused problems. He suggested I back up, wipe, reload XP, reload SP3, and THEN put my programs back on. The thought is that reinstalling the programs with SP3 installed would be better that installing them with SP2 and then loading SP3 on top. Okay - I can manage that. I can back up all my files and uninstall all my programs. Yah - I know lots of people didn't have any problems. But I just want to take of mine. ...

Exporting a report in Microsoft Word
I am trying to export a report into word, but the export process (tools/office links/publish it with word) will only export the text. I want to have the design elements show up as well (borders, pictures on the report, etc.). How can I export everything on the report so that it appears 'as is' in word? Many thanks, ...

HTML Outgoing text Blank
My outgoing emails, written in HTML, are blank (cannot see text). If I convert to text, my HTML signature reverts to text. Why doesn't this work like former Outlooks? Thanks ...

Adding text
I have a spreadsheet of my 550+ CD collection. What i'm trying to do is sum up each genre. I have twenty different genres (folk, blues, classic rock, rap, etc...) and what I want to do is find the total for each. As of now I have 4columns. In A is the Artist; B-album title; C-genre; D-total for each section(D cells are empty up to the last row in each section where the total for that section is). My collection is broken up in Alphabetic order by Artist. There is a title row above each section with the letter of the alphabet pertaining to the text below. I'm also trying to find a...

text within a cell
Anyone know how to move text to a beneath row within a cell (like using the enter key in word)? Replies appreciated!! Hi try ALT+ENTER to insert a linebreak within a cell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "fasguy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:62af01c4012f$2f02a650$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to move text to a beneath row within a > cell (like using the enter key in word)? Replies > appreciated!! ...