Hide page numbers for mutliple discontiquous levels

Hi:

I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the \n
switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple ranges for
this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003.

Phil

0
Phillip

You have to use a trick. See the "Omitting page numbers for noncontiguous
levels" section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm#OmitPageNumbers

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Phillip Llacuna" <phillip.v.llacuna@lmco.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I need to hide the page numbers for levels 1 and 7 in my TOC. I used the
> \n switch to hide level 1, but cannot find a way to specify multiple
> ranges for this switch. Is there a way to do this? I am using Word 2003.
>
> Phil

0
Suzanne

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Pivot Table 'page' field
I have a pivot table in which my Month field is placed in the 'page' location of the table. This allows me to click on Month to access a drop down list and choose which month's data I want to view. Is there a way to sort or arrange the way the items are displayed in the drop down list? How is the order of this list determined? Sometimes these lists are automatically placed in a logical order (alphabetic or numeric), but other times it is diplayed differently. Currently my month field is displayed in this order: 1 10 11 12 2 3 4... Any ideas? Jeff The month numbers...

Page Content Layouts
I'm new to Publisher 2003. I've created a catalogue using a catalogue merge including pictures for each item. I want 3 items to display on each page, but instead of having all three line up vertically on the page, I would like to have the pictures alternate on the page, top one - picture on the left, middle one - picture on the right, bottom one - picture on the left again. I would prefer to not change the layout after completing the catalogue merge, but rather before. Any ideas? Thanks! -- kmoody What have you tried so far? If you position and re-size the picture fields...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

CR's page setup
Hi, We just recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP9.0 and imgrated all our Crystal Report (CR) forms ei. Purchase orders, sales order, and etc. from CR 9 to CR 11. We are using terminal services and Thin Print for printing. My two problem: (1) When printing a PO, a CR's page setup box appear and the paper source would be set to something else instead of "Automatically Select",which I set on the CR form. The users would have to select this options. (2)Their default printer is not selected. It would show my printer as the default. This two problem doesn't happen to every u...

hide my name

Extra Extra Pages
I have finished my word document and saved it. When I open it back up to preview before I send it, it shows an extra page between my body of work and reference page. I don't want to send that to my professor. Can anyone help me? Thanks Dennis -- Dennis Jackson See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Dennis Jackson" <Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com> wrote in message news:Dennis.Jackson.60bcd11@wordbanter.com... > ...

Convert Column Letters to Number
Hi! I'm looking for a function to convert a "large" column letters (up t 10 characters) to it's equivalent in number. e.g. Input=A Output=1 Input=AAA Output=703 Input=EXCEL Output=2,708,874 Any suggestions? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a VBA function that gives the results you want: Option Explicit Function ColumnToNumber(sText As String) As Variant Dim Bytes() As Byte Dim Letter As Long Dim Multiplier As Double Dim N As Double Dim Total As Double ColumnToNumber = CVErr(xlErrValue) If L...

Invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.dll
How do I troubleshoot and fix the problem at 0167:bff7b9a6? Have re-installed Outlook, changed names of several files to old (mapi32x.dll, mapi32.dll, etc.) and repaired Office, and deleted tmp files in Temp folder. What now? ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Print multiple non-sequential pages?
Hello, TIA Having been playing around with various printing methods for the past week or so, I'm noticing that I don't see any method to print via VBA a set of pages in a non-sequential order... DoCmd.PrintOut offers us a Range to work with, but how about particular page selections? Ex. Pages 1-4, 9, 15 Is the standard method for this to use PrintOut 3 times, one for 1-4, another for 9, and another for 15? I don't see any reason why I couldn't do this, but was wondering if the feature is built-in somewhere and I haven't found it... thanks ...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Public folders not displaying for users with Author level permissi
One Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 installed. Outlook 2003. I created several new public folders a couple of weeks ago, and gave a couple of dozen users Author access to them. I have not confirmed with all of the users, but a couple of them can't see the folder listed at all. Any suggestions? Thank you. Are the users permissions set such that they have the 'Folder Visible' right selected? The Author role should give this, I think, but I'm wondering if the problematic users are not Authors, etc and don't have this role selected. -- Neil Hobson Exchang...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Copying and numbering worksheets
I am trying to set up a new purchase ordering system using Excel. I am trying to set up a macro which will copy the master worksheet and number it as the next PO is needed. We have a separate workbook for each job and PO's are listed as XY-001, XY-002 ,... ...

Page numbering 12-04-09
I have taken the trouble to review all the related previous posts but do not see the answer to meet my needs. I have a 7 page document which consists of a front and back cover 2 pages each and so far 3 pages of report. Page 2 is followed by a section break next page while page 5 is followed by a section break next page. In addition I also put a section break at the end of the document which I should not need. Numbering starts on page 3 as page 1 of Y which seems to work fine. However, page 4 and 5 do not display page numbers while page 6 displays page 1 of 6 and page 7 i...

Hiding plot Area

In Excel, how do I create a one page doc, like the templates?
How do I start with a 1 page doc? I want to do things like center a cell at the top. Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT. Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........ C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART This will be the default workbook for File>New>Workbook. Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings. You can also open a new workbook ...

print 2 worksheets on the same page side-by side
I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it hides the the numbers on the other side You have a response at your other thread. wil4d wrote: > > I am creating a template that has two worksheets, I need to print the > worksheets on the same page side-by-side. The problem I am having with them > on the same page is when I hide the rows with zero values on one side it > hides the the numbers on the other s...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

virginmedia do not support outlook, have port numbers but no luck
I have moved to virginmedia, they now tell me that they do not support outlook only express, as I have always used outlook I do not want to change, they gave me to pop3 and smtp address and port numbers but they do not appear to work, still getting emails comming in but cannot send, can anyone help? The outlook settings are the same as those used for Outlook Express, you dont need to modify port # If you run the test accounts option it should generate a err msg if there is a problem. "bob1948" <bob1948@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30CE77EA-...

Footer on 1st page different from all other pages
I have a report that can be from one to around ten pages long. I need a page footer that containes the page number and another label on ALL pages, but on the FIRST page only, I need additional labels and text boxes. I know how to make the page header not print on pages with a report header or footer, I thought maybe I could use some variation of the report footer, and cause it to print on the first page instead of the last, but no luck. Is there some way to maybe make those fields needed on the first page only to be visible only if the page number is one, and not visible on all others...