Footer Problems

ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.

I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
number on the right.  I added a top border too.  Now, how can I hide
the footer on the page 1?  You would think it'd be pretty simple.

Any help will be appreciated.

Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
of the document?
0
Loves2Dance4Fun

Check the box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.
This will give you a separate First Page Footer that you can leave blank.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Loves2Dance4Fun" <loves2dance4fun@gmail.com> wrote in message
> ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.
>
> I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
> number on the right.  I added a top border too.  Now, how can I hide
> the footer on the page 1?  You would think it'd be pretty simple.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
> of the document?

0
Suzanne
3/30/2010 9:12:43 PM
On Mar 30, 3:12=A0pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Check the box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.
> This will give you a separate First Page Footer that you can leave blank.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Loves2Dance4Fun" <loves2dance4...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.
>
> > I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
> > number on the right. =A0I added a top border too. =A0Now, how can I hid=
> > the footer on the page 1? =A0You would think it'd be pretty simple.
>
> > Any help will be appreciated.
>
> > Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
> > of the document?

Xcellent!!

Thank you sooo much,

By chance, do you know how I can get the name of the document added
into the footer automatically?
0
Loves2Dance4Fun
3/31/2010 1:11:44 AM
If this is Word 2003 or earlier, you can use the "Filename" or "Filename and
path" entry from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar. If it's
Word 2007, see
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300002951033.aspx

That's assuming you mean the filename. If you mean the title, then, if you
have used the Title style, you can use a StyleRef field referencing the
Title style. If you have entered the title in the Title field of the file
Properties, you can use a Title field.

--

On Mar 30, 3:12 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnh...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Check the box for "Different first page" on the Layout tab of Page Setup.
> This will give you a separate First Page Footer that you can leave blank.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org
>
> "Loves2Dance4Fun" <loves2dance4...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > ok, I did a search and couldn't find anything helpful.
>
> > I created a footer with the document name on the left and the page
> > number on the right. I added a top border too. Now, how can I hide
> > the footer on the page 1? You would think it'd be pretty simple.
>
> > Any help will be appreciated.
>
> > Oh, is there a code I can add that would automatically insert the name
> > of the document?

Xcellent!!

Thank you sooo much,

By chance, do you know how I can get the name of the document added
into the footer automatically?

0
Suzanne

Arrange Footer
I have a file with 31 sheets and every sheet has a footer ABC 6/1. How can I arrange this footer in all sheets to ABC 6/0. Thanks in advance. Hi Max, Select all sheets. To do this, select the first sheet then hold the Shift key down and select the last sheet. Note: Selecting the first sheet and holding Shift before clicking another sheet selects all sheets in between. Holding Ctrl key, you can individually select additional sheets. Open Page Setup and edit the footer and it will apply to all selected sheets. -- Regards, OssieMac "MAX" wrote: &...

Time problem in sent items
Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hours than my actual local time, my local settings on my computer are correct Can anyone help me ? Thanks CJ .. Outlook will follow Windows lead, so if the time is incorrect in Windows, don't bother opening outlook. Check your time zone and BIOS time. ~jason "CJ Foster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041901c3cf41$bade98c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Windows XP, Outlook XP, in my sent all ( work with IMAP > Folders ) my time appears to be +10 hour...

Strange problem in toolbar
Hi I have created an IE Toolbar using ATL,COM and WTL.But a strange thing I am getting here.After opening an IE with the toolbar visible if I lock the system for some time then after unlocking it I am getting the buttons at not desired state.means suppose,I am having a homepage button,a search box,a search button,a settings button and an option button in the toolbar serially from left,then after unlocking the system I am not getting the search button and settings button and also the option button is coming from its middle.why it is behaving so? Does anybody have any idea? On Jul 12, 2:36 am...

Epay problems
I recently tried to make a CC payment with epay. the transfer was unseccessful, but instead of backing out of the transfer I tried to resend the information. What has happened is that the payment ended up posting twice in my checking account registure. It also posted to my CC registure twice. I have been unable to delete the duplicate transaction by normal means. Any advice. Alicia can you maybe right mouse click and then choose Mark as...Void? You should do it in the account the epay came out of. and it should void on the credit card side too. "Alicia Smith" <anonym...

problem when I search
My name is Frank Lara, I am working to Laredo Independet School and I working on the special program for nutrition. I have a problem when I use this procedure. This procedure search special information in this case search only Date but I need to search "Date and School Name" because there have 32 school and all school put information every day and there have dublicate date. when I shearch in this case I found this date exist. I need to use 2 criterial and made the Index "school and Date" but I can made this search. This is my code. I try to use the "dlo...

Excel Opening problem
excel inches up the screen each time it opens. Looks like about 1 row everytime it is opened. How can I make ir stay put. When you save the workbook put the cursor in Cell A1 then Save. >-----Original Message----- >excel inches up the screen each time it opens. >Looks like about 1 row everytime it is opened. >How can I make ir stay put. >. > ...

Footer Settings in an Excel Sheet
Hi, I am setting up the footer to an Excel page through VBA Script but sometime, the left footer is not starting from the extreme left (i.e., it leaves some spaces and seems like started from the column B). The following script used to set up the footer. Range("A3:M101").Select With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = analyst .CenterFooter = filename .RightFooter = mydate .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints (0.236220472440945)...

references problem
Hi, I want to use atpvbaen.xla so I open the vb editor screen in excel and check the atpvbaen.xla box in the tools/references box. If i close excel and go back to references, the box is no longer checkd. Is there a way to set the default references? Thanks in advance, Rex ...

Mail merge form Excel to word problem
I have created a mail merge document using excel as the data source and word for the main document. I entered the intial data into excel and successfully merged this data with my word document. I have since updated my excel document with more data, but when I go to merge the new data, word cannot find the data and says the records are empty, but it can still find the initial data and merge with it. Please help. Rose Hi Rose, (email copy because unanswered since sep 23) Your Excel database (worksheet) must be the first worksheet in the workbook. That is the major stumbling blo...

SSMA problem
Dear All, It concerns the migration of access 2000 tables to sql server 2005 tables:SSMA is the prodoct of microsoft for the conversion. The SSMA message is "cannot migrate data from access table with double key to sql table with single key" At access level the original table has only a single key (at access level). At SSMA gui the original access table has a double key!How is this possible??? (The gui show the first key green and the second key gray) At sql server management studio the created sql table has only a single key and the table is empty because there was no migratio...

date format problem #7
I have a csv file with date column in the "01/05/1990" format. I could use Notepad and open the file with the correct date displayed ok. When I double click the file and Excel opens it, the formats becomes very strange: some are right justified with "-" as delimiter e.g. "01-05-90" some are left justified with "/" as delimiter e.g. "01/19/1990" I tried to fomat the column to a common date format like "01-Mar-1990" etc but Excel refuses to change. Any help? Thanks. Mike Hi Mike! First check those / dates. I suspect that they are t...

inserting file's location in footer
I often get word docs with the file's address inserted in on the bottom of the page such as the following example: C:\Documents and Settings\Lenovo User\My Documents\doc name How do I insert a file's location in the footer of a document? Thanks- asf66 In Office 2003: Click View->Header and Footer. The Header and Footer menu should appear along with the Header box. Click on the icon "Switch between Header and Footer" (ninth icon) and the Footer box will appear for you to type your text. Close box when done. When editing you can simply click on the foot...

Problem in opening Microsoft Outlook
when I am trying to open my outlook...it says microsoft outlook.exe missing.... is there a way that I can download outlook.exe from microsoft website No. If you where using Outlook 2000 or later, you should be able to do a detect and repair via the add/remove applet and supply the original installation media when prompted. "Jit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1296101c44308$8f4b69a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > when I am trying to open my outlook...it says microsoft > outlook.exe missing.... is there a way that I can download > outlook.exe from ...

Sql Server 2008 installation problem
Hello Gurus Here is an interesting problem I now have several Sql Server 2008 servers set up at the company. I have installed several times the client tool for this server this set up is for users and low level admins. On one machine the load keeps failing.... During the process it tells me to reboot the machine then starts all over again with the first steps of the istallation then reboot again. Someone mentioned that you could not load SQL Server 2008 if you have a copy of Sql server 7.0 and SQL server2000 and SQL server2005 on the same box? Is that true? Wisord *** Sent via D...

A Strange Printing Problem
Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging process, converted to a PDF at month close, and distributed to our senior management. There are nine worksheets, seven behave normally, but two worksheets default to printing 2 copies. No macros, viruses, etc. Any suggestions on a fix will be appreciated. Paul I would try a different PDF converter. There are a # of free ones out there. It would be a simple and quick test to see if that was the problem. "PA" wrote: > Our accounting department maintains an Excel file, updated in an onging > process,...

Excel 2007 Copy Worksheet Problem
I like to "move or copy" from a right click on the worksheet tab. My problem is that all my open "books" do not show up on the drop-down menu. Always worked fine until recently. Now I can still copy to a new book - but none of my other open books show up so I can not copy or move to an existing book. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks ...

Checkfree problems
I just upgrade to Money Premimum 2005. When I try to setup my bill pay the only option I have is MSN bill pay. I have been using checkfree for years now with previous versions of money but I can't find any way to associate a checking account with checkfree for bill pay. Anyone know how to do this? Contact support by phone and they can walk you through it. You've actually been using MSn billpay even though you didn't realize it. -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove "Telinar" <Telinar@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Problem with CBitmapButton in VC++ 6.0
Hi. I lite know English so I hope that you understood with I have problem. If I mistake, please forgive me. I have big problem with CBitmapButton. I have some that done: in *.h: CBitmapButton m_ctrMc1; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc2; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc3; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc4; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc5; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc6; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc7; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc8; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc9; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc10; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc11; CBitmapButton m_ctrMc12; in *.cpp file BOOL CStan::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); VERIFY( m_ctrMc1.AutoLoad( IDC_MC1, this ) ...

Problems with autoflow
When copying and pasting text into a text box, and the text doesn't fit in the box, I know how to create another text box and click on the link to connect the frames to have the text flow from one box to the next, and it adjusts itself if I type or paste any more text. Today when the window popped up asking if I wanted to use autoflow, I clicked yes, thinking it would do what I had always done manually, just make the text flow into the next empty text box. It didn't -- it broke the text up into pieces and scattered it. I deleted it all and tried to go back to doing it on my own,...

footer
How do I add personalize message like my telephone numer, address My name at the end of my message instead of me having to write it all the time It's called a signature. Use the help button and you will find all the steps on how to make one. Next time you post here, please state your version of Outlook as the solutions vary depending on your version. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.au/productivit.h...

Footer
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis Alternatively could I have my email address as the default footer? And then change all footers to this? Hi not really possible to change all in one go. Would require a macro which loops through all your workbooks. But for setting a default create a new workbook with this footer and save the file as template (*.xlt) and use this template -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &qu...

Excel 97 problem
I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! Any ideas? Gareth I would check Tools>AutoCorrect for starters. If nothing apparent there, do you have any code behind the worksheet? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:38:38 -0800, "Gareth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I go to type a model number NDR-A into a cell. I >type 'NDR' then when I press '-' the 'N' disappears! > >Any ideas? ...

Problem with tabbed area background
We have a visual problem with a dialog. Half of the dialog is made up of a CTabCtrl area with 3 tabs. The content of the tabs are a few edit controls and the usual stuff. Each of the tabs use the same controls, so I don't have separate dialogs or property pages etc. Problem we have is that with certain windows themes, the background of the tabbed area is white or cream, but the rest of the dialog is standard dialog grey. "Windows Classic" is OK. "Windows XP" theme and "Energy Blue" theme both have white backgrounds on tabbed areas and disabled buttons. ...

Problem with News
While I've used OE at home for years, I decided to activate Outlook since it seems to do a better job of handling contacts. I'm familiar with Outlook since it's the standard in my workplace. I tried to activate newsgroups in Outlook and followed the instructions from the Help menu. I followed the pathway: Toolbar Options -> Add or Remove Buttons -> Customize -> Commands -> Go. I dragged News to the Standard toolbar and unfortunately let go of the mouse button too soon and it showed as a button on the Standard toolbar. First use was OK but when I went back late...

RPC problem
Hi We have two exchange 5.5 sp4 servers (called cexchange and mexchange) running on NT4sp6. They are connected by a 2mbps WAN link which seems to be coping reasonably well. We have started seeing the following in the app logs of mexchange. An interface error has occurred. An MtaBindBack over RPC has failed. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 104, NT/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name CEXCHANGE, Protocol String ncacn_ip_tcp:mail.rdc.ac.uk[1068] [BASE IL INCOMING RPC 41 507] (14) So far I gather that mexchange is trying to talk to cexchange and failing at some...