Different margins on different pages

I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our
letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a
different sent of margins.

I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text
from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves.

Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted
text goes over the top of it?

Hi Lilly80,

You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to
the rest of the document without the need for Section breaks.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Lilly80" <Lilly80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73B4F50C-1691-49F3-BF2B-5092502C7C88@microsoft.com...
>I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our
> letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a
> different sent of margins.
>
> I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text
> from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves.
>
> Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted
> text goes over the top of it?

0
macropod
12/18/2009 10:50:13 AM
Hi macropod,

This doesn't seem to work still. If you cut and paste into the front page,
the margins of the front page follow that text all the way down. I need them
to convert to the new margins as soon as the text starts to populate the
second page. Am I doing something wrong?

Lilly

Take a look at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Hi macropod,
>
> This doesn't seem to work still. If you cut and paste into the front page,
> the margins of the front page follow that text all the way down. I need
> them
> to convert to the new margins as soon as the text starts to populate the
> second page. Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Lilly
>
> "macropod" wrote:
>
>> Hi Lilly80,
>>
>> You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That
>> allows the first page to have a different set of margins to
>> the rest of the document without the need for Section breaks.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "Lilly80" <Lilly80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our
>> > letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a
>> > different sent of margins.
>> >
>> > I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste
>> > text
>> > from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves.
>> >
>> > Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the
>> > pasted
>> > text goes over the top of it?
>>
>> .

0
Graham
12/18/2009 1:23:02 PM
Thank you Graham. This had the answer!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Take a look at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Lilly80" <Lilly80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi macropod,
> >
> > This doesn't seem to work still. If you cut and paste into the front page,
> > the margins of the front page follow that text all the way down. I need
> > them
> > to convert to the new margins as soon as the text starts to populate the
> > second page. Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> > Lilly
> >
> > "macropod" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Lilly80,
> >>
> >> You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That
> >> allows the first page to have a different set of margins to
> >> the rest of the document without the need for Section breaks.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> macropod
> >> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
> >>

> >> "Lilly80" <Lilly80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

IE8 and Firefox can't load pages without refresh
I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected to a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem. In the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded. The problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine. The problem seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both Firefox and IE8. On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP computers and other programs like Google Earth work normal...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

booklet printing 8 pages first page printing on right half of 11x1
That is a true statement. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > Wots your real problem?????? "JudyJ" <JudyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F46724-8BDC-4DDC-993C-D90F305ABCE6@microsoft.com... > There is a lot of space here to explain what you think is a problem. Page 1 should print on the right and page 8 on the left so when it is folded it will make the outside of your booklet John g. ...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Page Load/Click Event Timing Issue
I have a webform that alters it's content depending on whether or not the current user is logged in. It does this in the Page_Load event. My master page has a logout button. If the user clicks this button, it fires the Page_Load event in my content page, the Page_Load event in my master page, and finally the Logout_Click event for my logout button. This means that my code that alters the page (depending on whether or not the current user is logged in) fires before the code that logs the user out. This results in serving a page for a logged-in user when they are now logged ...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Publisher 2003 Page Numbering
Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting from a specific page number (eg Page 35). If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... TIA GG GordonG wrote: > Is it possible to number the pages in a Publisher document starting > from a specific page number (eg Page 35). > > If it's possible, how do you do it? The help files don't... > > TIA > > GG ====================== Try going to...Insert / Section -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** *****Digital Image****** Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl....

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Issue with Insert Safari URL's v1.0.1 or My Web Page
This message is for Barry Wainwright: I have sent you two email and I suspect my ISP (att.yahoo) trashed them due to your personal domain name for email. Please send me a message to arkay at qsl.net and I will try to reply with the message that ATT trashed. ===== I have been using your Insert Safari URLs v1.0.1 with Entourage 2008 12.2.3 under OSX 10.6.2 for some time and works great until I quote my personal web page. I may have an html error in my web page header and would appreciate your comments. The format that looks correct when it goes out via Entourage but is hos...

search page on web site
How can I get my cearch page on my site te return the correct results? How do I configure my search form correctly? What are the correct results supposed to be? What are you getting? What do you mean how do you configure the search form correctly? What is "correctly"? Why is it not correct? How do you have it configured and how did you do it? -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "ICS Tech" <ICS Tech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402D4A54-2D6F-41E3-A734-2E1457204691@microsoft.com....

Making page fit inserted picture
I inserted a jpeg picture and resized it to be 4"by 6". How do I make the Publisher page equal to the picture (i.e. no white space around the picture, so that the page is the same size as the picture) Setup your page 4 x 6. You need to create a custom size in your printer 4 x 6. If you do not create a custom printer size then Publisher will print multiple copies per page. It would help to know what version Publisher you are using. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jeancho" <Jeancho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A67D046-AE87-4D99-9B9C...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Web page transfer to server (problem)
I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it using FileZilla FTP. It ended up as gibberish on my website. I have been successful with my old computer, no problems. Did you check FileZilla's document specs requirements? Sometimes with those FTP sites they have file and storage limits. Maybe the file is too big? Just check their FAQ or customer service, since you're trying to upload to their site it'll be your best bet. :). "gelston" wrote: > I created a document and saved it as a web page on XP_) tried to upload it &g...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

page set up in document
We have different brands of printers - some with affixed trays, others without. In our associated template we have page set up as: (different) first page - tray 1 and other pages - tray 2. This has been made the default setting on that particular template. PROBLEM: When we print first to a plain printer (even the same brand and tray set up), once the document has printed, it reverts to "automatically select" and the tray 1/tray 2 set up has to be done all over again. This template was worked on by our software support (they would have different printers from us). Co...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Reducing Page Faults to Speed Execution
I have a computationally-intensive application for which I want to improve performance. It's a large neural network, for which there are basically two kinds of operations: a forward pass though the network which gives calculates outputs for a given input, and a backward pass in which the errors in the outputs are back-propagated through the network to (hopefully) reduce the errors. Computationally, the backward pass has around twice as many operations as the forward pass, and as a rough measure it should therefore take around twice as long. That's not what I'm seeing. For me, t...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...