Custom header numbering

Hi all,

I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new
document (Word 2007).
I'm trying to do the following:

Heading 1
1.0 Heading 2
1.1 Heading 2
1.1.0 Heading 3
1.1.1 Heading 3

Heading 1
2.0 Heading 2
2.1 Heading 2
2.1.0 Heading 3

So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no
numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used.
I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve.

Can anyone help me on this one?

Regards,

Bert

--
Neron
0

Follow the instructions at
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html, applying
the number 1 to the Heading 1, but using the Font button in the Define new
Multilevel list dialog to format the font for the number in the Heading 1 as
Hidden. and setting the starting number for Headings 2 and 3 to 0.

As long as you do not have the display of Hidden Text turned on, the number
that is assigned to the Heading 1 style will not appear when that style is
used, but it will appear as required when the Heading 2 and Heading 3 styles
are used.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Neron" <Neron.5dc7b20@officefrustration.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new
> document (Word 2007).
> I'm trying to do the following:
>
> Heading 1
> 1.0 Heading 2
> 1.1 Heading 2
> 1.1.0 Heading 3
> 1.1.1 Heading 3
>
> Heading 1
> 2.0 Heading 2
> 2.1 Heading 2
> 2.1.0 Heading 3
> ..
>
> So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no
> numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used.
> I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve.
>
> Can anyone help me on this one?
>
> Regards,
>
> Bert
>

> --
> Neron

0
Doug
3/9/2010 10:51:57 PM
You'll also need to change "Follow number with" from "Tab character" to
"Nothing."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" <dkr@REMOVECAPSmvps.org> wrote in message
> Follow the instructions at
> http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numbering/OutlineNumbering.html, applying
> the number 1 to the Heading 1, but using the Font button in the Define new
> Multilevel list dialog to format the font for the number in the Heading 1
> as Hidden. and setting the starting number for Headings 2 and 3 to 0.
>
> As long as you do not have the display of Hidden Text turned on, the
> number that is assigned to the Heading 1 style will not appear when that
> style is used, but it will appear as required when the Heading 2 and
> Heading 3 styles are used.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "Neron" <Neron.5dc7b20@officefrustration.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new
>> document (Word 2007).
>> I'm trying to do the following:
>>
>> Heading 1
>> 1.0 Heading 2
>> 1.1 Heading 2
>> 1.1.0 Heading 3
>> 1.1.1 Heading 3
>>
>> Heading 1
>> 2.0 Heading 2
>> 2.1 Heading 2
>> 2.1.0 Heading 3
>> ..
>>
>> So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no
>> numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used.
>> I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve.
>>
>> Can anyone help me on this one?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bert
>>

>> --
>> Neron

0
Suzanne
3/9/2010 11:36:51 PM
Hi Doug, Suzanne,

Thanks for the help. It worked just as I wanted :-)

Regards,

Bert

--
Neron
0

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

Message-ID in headers?
Hi Is it possible to reconfigure the message-ID which Exch 2003 includes in outgoing mail headers? Our message-ID reveals our internal AD domain name, as well as the Exch server's internal AD computername. I would prefer the message-ID to include our public DNS domain name. Thanks FV On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:27:28 +0100, "fv" <sdfs@dfd.com> wrote: >Hi > >Is it possible to reconfigure the message-ID which Exch 2003 includes in >outgoing mail headers? Our message-ID reveals our internal AD domain name, >as well as the Exch server's internal AD computern...

Customize Does not WOrk

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Adding + in front of a number
I have a column of numbers which represent a change in value over the previous year. I want to have a + in front of the number if it's a positive change. Let's say my first number is 500. My problem is that I can write something like, if(a1>0,"+"&a1), but when then I can't format the number. If the number is in the millions I can't provide a comma as a thousand separator and I cannot tell it how many decimal places I want to show. Is there a really easy way to do that, or do I have to write a huge formula to precisely spell out the formatting within...

HLookup and Row Index Number
Hello. I am currently using the following formula, but want to improve it: =HLOOKUP(C3,'Drivers'!$C$4:$CT$34,5) Currently it is retrieving the number in the fifth row, but I am concerned that the number will change if the reference worksheet is ever altered. Is there a way to have Excel look up a value that is in a row with a certain label (eg, "Average Size") instead of the fifth row? Thanks! You can, using the MATCH() function on the row with the labels. Look in HELP for details. But of course it would have been better if Excel could do it the way you describe, at lea...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

extracting numbers from data
Hi, Is there a way to extract the numbers, remove them and place them in an adjacent column from the cells in the example below? The LEFT function does not do the entire trick, since the amount of numbers differs per cell and I still need to delete the number in the original cell. 1bla 1.1blabla 1.1.1blablabla 1.1.1.1blablablabla Thanks ...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Attachment file names should print in header
For the life of me I cannot get the attachements to show up in the header of the e-mail messages that I print out. I have checked every setting I can find. I've never had this problem with outlook express, and it's critical that I be able to pass a printed e-mail to an employee and they can easily see the file names of the attachments. Can anyone please help? This is an Outlook limitation if you are printing HTML e-mail messages. Try changing the message format to either Rich Text or Plain Text. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

memory limit on the number of sheets created
is there a limit on the number of sheets a macro can create? I notice I have a macro that creates sheets and it works up to sheet 26, after sheet 26 it crashes. I read on line that it is limited due to memory? Is that the ram on each computer ? tia, Hi There is no limit imposed by the macro itself. As you have found, the only limit to the number of sheets, is the available memory (RAM) on the system. In most cases you can go way beyond 26 before hitting memory limits. I would think it is something to do with your code. Post the code, and maybe we can help. -- Regards Roger Govier ...

Phantom message header and reminders
My hard drive recently had some corruption (bad sectors), which I fixed using CheckDisk. I then used the Inbox Repair Tool (ScanPST) to repair the file which was unfortunately in the corrupted part of the disk. [I have Outlook 2003 SP1 (11.6359.64080, running on Windows XP Pro SP2] For the most part, I am able to use the PST file, and I haven't found too many things to have been lost. However, I have some annoying "ghost" objects: In my "Unread Mail" search folder, I see the header of an unread message that was apparently lost due to the corruption. I can'...

MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number
Hello, I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you have any idea to do this. Thanks a lot for your answer. FB Frédéric BAILLON wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you > have any idea to do this. > > Thanks a lot for your answer. > > FB Hi Frédéric, There are many possibilities: You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file, or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity column (auto incremental column) Ta...

Customer Report

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...