Cross-Referencing

I have a student doing cross referencing where some of the end notes aren't
showing up in his list of choices in the Cross-Reference dialog box.

Make sure that all of the endnotes were properly created, that is, via the
Footnote and Endnote dialog box.

Also, is the student tracking changes? If so, he or she may have to accept
changes in order for the Cross-reference dialog box to work correctly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jennsnoddy" <jennsnoddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a student doing cross referencing where some of the end notes aren't
> showing up in his list of choices in the Cross-Reference dialog box.

0
Stefan

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

Referencing another workbook using a variable for the sheet?
=[test.xls]sheet1!A1 Is it possible to make the "sheet1" portion of this formula tied to a cell in the destination workbook so that if I type "sheet2" in cell A3 of my destination sheet, it will show what is in cell A1 of =[test.xls]sheet2!A1 What I am trying to do is make all the references in my workbook dependent on what sheet# I have typed into cell A3. Up till now I have been fetching all the data based on a 4 digit date format such as "0513". "0513" would be the name of a sheet that was saved with data for may 13th. My hope is to be...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Word 2007: Create a referenced date control with a default date
I am trying to do the following for a client: A template for a letter has a locked (grouped, but not protected) section on the first page containing content controls for name, address and date. On the following pages there is a header with REF fields referencing bookmarks around the content controls on the first page. This works fine for copying the data to the header. Now I want a default date in the date control on the first page, so I add a CREATEDDATE field inside the control. This gets filled in automatically when the document is generated, and the user can change the d...

cross-reference
I created a cross reference in word to a section of my document that has a heading of 'Heading 3' I used Heading for the reference type and for Insert reference to I used Heading Number (Full context). I was expecting to get something like this 4.8.2 but instead I just got 0. is there some setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked? Make sure that numbering is correctly applied to your headings. If you are using Word 2007, you can choose the "1 Heading 1 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.1 Heading 3" format at Home tab | Multilevel List. If you are using Word 2003, see http://www...

cross reference
Greeting all, Hope you experts can help me with following issue. I have 2 order information spreadsheets, the first one has a column which is our product codes, the second one is a reference which has 2 columns map our product codes to customers product codes. Is there any easy way in Excel which can replace our product codes in first excel file with our customer product codes in second excel file? I know I can use Access to do that, just want find out a simple way in Excel. Do I need to write any VB ? Thank you very much in advance!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

referencing controls in userform from a different workbook
I want to be able to call up the same subform from a number of different forms in different workbooks. I have "customers.xls" with a macro to show a form that lists all the customer names. The user can be using various forms in different workbooks that need the exact customer name. So with Application.Run and refernce to the workbook and its macro I can open the form. When the user double-clicks an item in the listbox the value should get put into a textbox on the form that called the subform. I'm missing the final stage - how do I reference the target textbox so th...

Referencing only certain cells in a table
Hello, I posted this question earlier in the execl.worksheet.functions group, but did not get an answer. I apologize for the repost. I need some help referencing certain cells from one worksheet in another. Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish: Worksheet 1: Item # Name Value 1 item1 100 2 item2 0 3 item3 0 4 item4 54 5 item5 0 6 item6 0 7 item7 70 I need to create a separate table in Worksheet2 that as only the NON ZERO values from the table above in Worksheet 1. S...

File Cross Checking
All: I need your help in this issue: I have a folder with 100 of PDF files and i have an excel spread sheet sheet of a list of files I need to check against the folder if my excel list have those files. How do I do it in a faster way? Thanks in advance. Alish. ...

How do I cross out a word in Publisher?
I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document. In the Word document there are some words that are crossed out. I want them to show as crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't. How do I cross out words in Publisher? You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of the box). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

referenced memory cannot be read
I am getting an error when running an Excel 97 worksheet that says "The instruction at "0x301b5lb8" referenced memory at "0x00000000000000" The memory could not be "read". Click "ok" to terminate, click cancel to debug. Debug does nothing except create a log that sheds no light. If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it! This suggests that the workbook has become corrupted. Regards BrianB ========================================= "Janet Coghan" <Janet.Coghan@matcotools.com> wrote in message news:<047701c3668c$445854c...

Cross-Referencing
I have a student doing cross referencing where some of the end notes aren't showing up in his list of choices in the Cross-Reference dialog box. Make sure that all of the endnotes were properly created, that is, via the Footnote and Endnote dialog box. Also, is the student tracking changes? If so, he or she may have to accept changes in order for the Cross-reference dialog box to work correctly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jennsnoddy" <jennsnoddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89BDBB52-11B1-4BBD-8721-D990394E83F3@microsoft.c...

Memo field in cross tab query
Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 2005. I want to create a crosstab query based on that view, however some of the fields in the view table are Memo and will not show up as options in the cross tab query wizard. Is there a work around for this? Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated! You could use a select query that has calculated field to pull the left 255 character of the memo field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Anne721" wrote: > Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 20...

How do you cross reference different speadsheets?
I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for similar or matching information. basically the formual would look like ='[workbook name.xls]spredsheet'!then the on the sheet you are looking for with $in front of the letter and $in front of the number i.e. ='[Test 2006 Report .xls]Test 1'!$A$42 "Shae" wrote: > I wanted to know how to cross reference 2 different speadsheets to look for > similar or matching information. ...

Cross References
Isit possible to create numbered tables and figures that update as new ones are inserted the way one can d this in Word: As table 1 shows, people who liked kumquats were more likely to eat out frequently than people who thought kumquats were an insurgent group in Iraq. And then the table is actually linked to the text such that if a new table is inserted it and it's text are updated. Thanks. Eric ...

mail crossing over?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C35BA0.27E2B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, sorry to bug again, but another question. I noticed, that if I don't create a separate entity for each mail = account, the mail on one is also shown on another sometimes, if they are = on the same identity. I'm not sure why that is....anyone else having = this trouble? I could just make identities for all of them but that = would make for many, and making several accounts under each woul...

Missing floating Macro Toolbar. Can't change to relative referenc
I've lost the floating toolbar that allows me to change from Absolute to Relative References when I record a macro. Any idea how to get the floating tool bar back? G, It's the "Stop recording" toolbar, and can be gotten like any other toolbar. View - Toolbars (or right-click any toolbar) for the list of toolbars. Select Stop recording. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "GLovell" <GLovell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F01E42E1-6E0A-4D7D-ACB5-6C5B1DA1920B@microso...

cross referencing
I have a chart of accounts where an account no needs to match to a product no. ie 30101/100 is correct and 301010/050 is incorrect. When preparing journals to post into our accounts program, I use a spreadsheet. I need a way to validate the account nos and products codes. In the chart of accounts I have input what is correct and what is an error. In addition, our Balance Sheet account nos start with either a 1 or a zero and there is no product code eg 010010/ . We'll need more information if you expect a coherent response. You don't say why 30101/100 is correct and 301010/050 ...

Cross-platform prob
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3F279.82ADD1E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! My boss uses Office X for Mac, and I use Office XP for PC. When he = sends me Office files, all of the pictures inside the Office file say = this:=20 QuickTimeT and a TIFF (Uncompressed) decompressor are needed to see this = picture. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else know how to fix it? = Thanks! ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3F279.82ADD1E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="...

Send As? (cross)
Hi, Can anybody tell me how to allow a member of a (W2K AD domain) security or distribution group to Send As (using the From field in Outlook) the group - meaning that replies to this email will return to the group. I've tried to do it on the Groups Security tab, adding the user and allowing "Send" - but this doesn't work right away - should I perhaps restart the server or stop/start the mailstore? Thanx! Jakob H. Heidelberg Denmark ...

In Excel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text?
In Exel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text? Select the cell you want to format. Then, go to the Format menu, choose Cells, then the Font tab. There, check the "Strikethrough" checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "E.Walsh" <E.Walsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD0B20E-DE93-4F5F-90F8-83CF908C622C@microsoft.com... > In Exel -- How do I cross out (strike through) text? ...

Userform to be referenced by different VBA Project?
How can userform in Project_Accounting be also referrence in Dynamics_GP or vice versa? thks. Hello HFLo, Open the Dynamics Go in VBA click Tools --> Reference --> Mark SmartList as reference to your current Dynamics GP With this you can refer any Project Accounting Form under dynamics. But VBA In Dynamics dosen't support Circular Reference. for Ex: You can have reference from Dynamics to Project Accounting. But again you cannot goto Project Accounting VBA and give the Reference to Dynamics VBA (this is not supported) Hope this helps Akram. "HFLo" wrote: &...

Cross Browser Consistency
This probably has been addressed in the past but i'm just getting into web design using Publisher. I created a website and published it to the web. All is fine except I noticed that my website is slightly different in IE7, IE8 and Firefox. There's actually one major menu/list difference between IE7 and IE8. How can I get them all to look and function the same? Oh...I should add that I'm using Publisher 2007 in Windows XP "bsp2323" wrote: > This probably has been addressed in the past but i'm just getting into web > design using Publisher. ...