Continuing Page Numbers with Section Breaks

I'm having a bit of a problem with Word 97, in particular page numbering.

I have a document which someone else has setup and I have been working on,
and it has several different sections, which means the page numbering
facility is not working as it should.

There are a few landscape sections which I believe is responsible for the
problem, however I can't seem to find any way around getting continuing page
numbering.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Just a small note, while I may be reasonably computer literate I am not a
big fan of Word, so I may need help understanding any instructions.

Cheers

First, activate the header/footer view, for example by clicking View |
Header and Footer. Then, for each section, make sure that "Continue from
previous section" is selected in the Page Number Format dialog box.

To display the dialog box for the section containing the insertion point, do
the following: On the Header and Footer toolbar, click the Format Page
Number button. In the Page Number Format dialog box, choose the "Continue
from previous section" option.

If there are sections (created by continuous section breaks) that are
limited to part of a page (pay attention to the section numbers on the
status bar), you will have to temporarily insert a page break in each of
those sections; that way, you can see all headers and footers and access the
Header and Footer toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"StevieD" <StevieD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a bit of a problem with Word 97, in particular page numbering.
>
> I have a document which someone else has setup and I have been working on,
> and it has several different sections, which means the page numbering
> facility is not working as it should.
>
> There are a few landscape sections which I believe is responsible for the
> problem, however I can't seem to find any way around getting continuing
> page
> numbering.
>
> If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Just a small note, while I may be reasonably computer literate I am not a
> big fan of Word, so I may need help understanding any instructions.
>
> Cheers

0
Stefan

Signature attaching from Outlook, but NOT on link/page send emails
I just converted from 2000 to Outlook 2003. My automatic signature insertion will not work when I am forwarding a link or page from Internet Explorer. BTW: It does work when sending, replaying, or forwarding emails from outlook. Any help will be greatly appreciated -- GregB "GregB" <GregB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA31F9EA-17E4-4829-9C06-529FB7B781C1@microsoft.com... > My automatic signature insertion will not work when I am forwarding a link > or page from Internet Explorer. That's because the Mail button in IE (and any other applica...

Coordinating tracking numbers !
I have make reciept books , 50 to each pack with tracking numbers.. now the problem iam have is that when i print 4 to 1 page, it does ok to set each number in sequance, it seems... but if i print a pile of pages and it comes time to cut that stack into 4 , i run into trouble.. then i realize the numbers dont go in order in their own little stacks..that eachnumber below that is not the right number, so after i have to go and put them all in order by hand ..thats crazy must be a better way. I do similar with chances (5 to a page). When you do the merge for the numbers you need to use 4...

Page Break Preview Mode
I have set up some templates in the Pagebreak Preview Mode. How can i get rid of the "Page 1" script that appears in the middile of my worksheet when i'm in this view. Thanks for your help:D :confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does it go away if you click View ... Normal ? GB "fdifolco" <fdifolco.vepvz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:fdifolco.vepvz@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have set up some t...

SQL: Summing By Date Continuously?
Two tables: tblPaymentAccrualDaily SecID PayDate PayAmount 003 01/01/2007 123.97 004 01/01/2007 4250.63 003 01/02/2007 123.43 003 01/03 2007 120.45 003 01/04/2007 119.20 003 01/05/2007 130.44 ...and so on for each and every day tblPaymentSchedule SecID PayDate 003 01/03/2007 003 02/03/2007 003 03/05/2007 003 04/03/2007 What I want to do is present, for a given SecID, the total daily accruals from tblPaymentSchedule.PayDate to the next (actually, the day after one PayDate to the next...

Counting number of records based on criteria
Hello, (Try again to get the question in the google-groups. Perhaps not pushed on the send button). For counting records as expression in a report in ms.access I'm using =count(*) which shows all records. Now I also want to know how many of them has registered a specific data in a specific field. I'm trying to use =count([Field1]="999") to count how many of the selection reported has registered data 999. This option isn't work. Can somebody give me the correct solution. thanks, Johan The 999 needs to go in the criteria for the query driving the...

how to i creat page with text "this page is intended to be blank"
I want to make the page with taxe " this page is intended to be blank" but when I print this page, i want it blank, pls help me and, I have an document with some section, i want some section with setting difference odd and even page in page settup, but it not work, how to do See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/InsEvnPgEndChap.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Mal" <Mal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2FFE0A4-7805-43A6-B458-5161DBBF0ABF@microsoft.com....

The page cannot be displayed
HI, I am working with CRM 3.0 and after 30 minutes of use, the program shows the standard "The page cannot be displayed" error and I mus reboot or log off and then back in. I looked in IIS to see if there was any time limitation, but didn't see anything. Does anyone know why this might be happening? It is almost as if the Windows login information isn't there any more and when I log in to windows, it restores it?? Any thoughts would be great. Bebandit Bebandit, I see that a lot and have yet to track down the root cause. Usually, just closing all of your browser wind...

How to show location of a line on a page in bottom bar with page#?
As a former user of WordPerfect, I miss having my location on a page I am working on appear in the bar at the bottom of the page. The bar I mean is the one showing the page number and word count. It is useful to know how much room is left on a page without having to change my view of the page. The distance from the top (or bottom) of the page is what I am seeking. Right click on the Status Bar (at the bottom of the page) and check the items that you want to be displayed. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services o...

Insert random number only if cell empty
Hello. I'd like my spreadsheet to place a 7 digit random number into a cell only the cell is empty, otherwise leave the contents as is. I simply don't want the number to change if one is already present. I currently keep the number static by pressing F9 when I enter the RAND formula, but that forces me to manually change the number when I save the spreadsheet to another name. I'd like the spreadsheet to automatically calculate a new number in the cell as soon as I erase the previous number in that cell. Any help on this issue will be appreciated. Thanks. "M.L.&qu...

How can I save one page of my publication as a JPEG file?
I would like to save the first page of a publication as a picture so I can post it to my website and create a hyperlink for people to download copies of the publication. I know I can do this as I have done it once. I just don't remember how and now can not recreate the steps. Any help would be appreciated. If you are using Pub 2003, you can File > Save As and in Save As Type choose JPG, GIF and other image formats. However, I think you would be better served if you convert the page to a PDF file. It is likely to look much better and be a faster download. You can go to www.pri...

BP Inventory Item number
The field length of the item number in business portal is shorter than what is in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Any sales inventory item that is entered into great plains and is longer than the field requirements of Business Portal, you will have problems with. This may be why the system does weird stuff, like not filling in or saving correctly. Make sure you change it in the purchase order, since it will come across as a non-sales inventory item. This is a problem with Requisition Manager. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wi...

Excel Web Page Printing
How do I setup printing for an excel worksheet published as a web page. The original Excel document prints fine, but when I try to print the published web page the data is clipped. ...

Update CRM 3 Field From an ASPX Page
I have been trying to update a value on a CRM page using JavaScript from an ASPX page called from a CRM button. I was able to do it in version 1.2 using code similar to this wrapped in a Response.Write statement: var crmWindow = window.opener.crmForm; crmWindow.billingstarton.value = strDate; Is it possible to do this in CRM 3? I have been wasting a lot time trying to get variations of this syntax to work: window.opener.crmForm.all.TheField.DataValue = TheValue If this is possible does anyone have an example? It's driving me crazy! Thanks for your help! Have you tried using w...

page color
I have set a page colour in Word 2007 and can see it on the screen but the colour does not print out. Any suggestions? How did you apply that color? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sparra" <Sparra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60F33039-6F48-4207-AD6C-A997D8E7E0E8@microsoft.com... >I have set a page colour in Word 2007 and can see it on the screen but the > colour does not print out. Any suggestions? Did you check your printer settings/properties? ...

Calculating missing numbers
I have a list of numbers from 1 to 1000 in Column A. Some of the numbers are missing; for example they may run 1, 2 3, 7 etc. I need a formula that will calculate the missing numbers and place them in Column B. Many thanks in advance. SiH, In cell B1, enter the formula =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(ROW(),A:A,FALSE)),ROW(),"") and copy down to B2:B1000. Copy all of B, paste special values, and then sort B ascending, and you will have your list. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "SiH23" <SiH23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35797493-1BC3...

Repeat random numbers from a range and text
I am new at this, I need to create 2 different types of randomness, one of numbers and one of text selections. #1 a range of numbers, i.e, 134-2807 that allows repeat of numbers with a return of only 25 numbers. This random option is use daily so I need to be able to create a worksheet where each day only the range is changed, (without having to key the each number of the range to a separate row line) #2 a range of 5 process types, i.e, data, irsdat, ardat, ispdat, dsldat, where 3 processes are selected daily from the 5 listed which allows repeat of processes. I reviewed the RAND and RANDBE...

Connector Continued ...... [WP]
Thank you for your response. Rich, I have changed the Scope Option to Organization as we only have 1 Routing Group and the IP address is in Sq. brackets as you mentioned. So you are telling me fo rinbound mail I have to create another SMTP connector but I am under the imprssion that the other organization has to create a connector at their end to send us mail????? Why do I need to create a rceiving connectro ... if yes, then please advise how do I create it to receive from this other company? Thank you. you might want to look at these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319267/en-us h...

How to prevent extra blank pages from printing?
Why do I sometimes get extra blank pages from the printer on Word or Excel documents? How can I prevent this? Set the PrintArea (File|PrintArea|Set Print Area) to cover only the required cells OR use Edit|Clear|All on the offending cells that make the extra page print best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA71CE31-198E-400E-8575-985BDE3C28AC@microsoft.com... > Why do I sometimes get extra blank pages from the printer on Word or Excel > documents? How can ...

Pages 2 and 3 of 4 page booklet are swapped??
I'm printing a Church bulletin. I only need to print page 2 & 3. When I tell Pub 2007 to print just 2&3 it switches the pages. When I tell it to print the whole booklet every other sheet is blank. I just switched from Pub 2002 so still getting used to the new program. IRKJVO wrote: > I'm printing a Church bulletin. I only need to print page 2 & 3. When I > tell Pub 2007 to print just 2&3 it switches the pages. It sounds like you're answering "Yes" to "Print as separate booklet?" This is a bad idea. > When I tell it to >...

Internet fax cover page. How do I permantly change the from name?
I am new to office 2007, I had 2000 and an internet fax account. With 2007 word comes up. Some how I put in the incorrect name in the From line on the cover sheet. How do I change this? Thanks for any help you can give me. Odd question. Outlook 2000 did not support Internet Fax. Only Outlook 2003 and 2007 do. Clarify this discrepancy in your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bob Knutowski" <Bob Knutowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD120592-9DF2-49AD-A203-14F6B8548959@microsoft.com... >I am new to office 2007, I had 2000 and an internet fax ...

Print 1 page
Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP Having just migrated to Outlook 2007, I am still looking for some of the features. What I cannot seem to find is how to print just "page 1" or "selected text" from an open email. The only option I seem to have is to "print" which gives me the entire email. Sometimes that's more than I really need. I only need page 1. Anyone know where that option is hiding?? "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eW8chxKgJHA.564@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP > > Hav...

Page Permissions...
I have seen alot here about subwebs, and logging in to them. Can certain pages merely have a certain 'Group' of users only view certain pages? David Yes. If your host supports subwebs and unique permissions - some hosts don't. See http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/tests/protect-page/protected-folder.aspx -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "116" <116@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC6218F8-3C21-4E80-BFA4-58F8C7CD1152@micros...

Continuous Numbering
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How does one invoke continuous numbering when there has been a break and = the numbering starts over again? Word has a drop down menu for this, = but I can't figure out how to do so in Publisher. Bill ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C44BEC.83ED0450 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tr...

Save a page to a specific sheet
Hi, I have to download a certain file in excel which i have to save into another excel file. Is it possible to save this file into a named sheet, without losing all the other sheets which i am using. -- carkoe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carkoe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29740 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494554 One way to do this is to open both workbooks, select the sheet(s) you need from the source workbook, right click on the selected tabs, click ...

shorten a number
How can I abbreviate a number from, for instance 6 figures, to 2 figures behind the comma Thanks in advance WTees schrieb: > How can I abbreviate a number from, for instance 6 figures, to 2 figures > behind the comma http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/427bttx3.aspx -- Armin ...