Change the standard margins in Word to save paper.

Change the standard format settings for word documents so that the margins
are narrower.  This would result in users being able to fit more information
on a page and thereby use less paper.  I already reduce my left and right
margins from the standard 1.25 inches to just 1 inch each and I believe the
documents are just as easy to read. Additionally, in many situations, it is
more convenient to have just one page so you do not have to staple pages
together or turn the page.  If these reduced margins were the standards,
individuals would not need to make the change and many would most likely not
even notice the difference. I am unable to estimate the amount of paper this
may save, but I would venture that the difference could make a huge impact.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9fa206b3-2363-489c-a32f-d09200079b5a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The default margins in Word 2007 are 1" left and right. Users of previous
versions, however, can easily modify Normal.dot to change the default
margins; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CustomizeNormalTemplate.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"hgberg" <hgberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Change the standard format settings for word documents so that the margins
> are narrower.  This would result in users being able to fit more
> information
> on a page and thereby use less paper.  I already reduce my left and right
> margins from the standard 1.25 inches to just 1 inch each and I believe
> the
> documents are just as easy to read. Additionally, in many situations, it
> is
> more convenient to have just one page so you do not have to staple pages
> together or turn the page.  If these reduced margins were the standards,
> individuals would not need to make the change and many would most likely
> not
> even notice the difference. I am unable to estimate the amount of paper
> this
> may save, but I would venture that the difference could make a huge
> impact.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9fa206b3-2363-489c-a32f-d09200079b5a&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

0
Suzanne

Save as publisher 2000
I am using Picture it! Publisher 2001 and I would like to save it for the 2000 version, but when I do a save as, I do not have that choice available. The only choice I get it publisher document. How do I save a file as for the 2000 version? I think you're getting your programs confused. Picture It! is not the same as Publisher. Picture It! has it's own format and I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "MK" <systemsgo@comcast.net> wrote in message news:O6uYYI6jEHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am usin...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Saving a Pivot Table
I'm trying to save a pivot table into an older format from Excel 2007. I receive a message stating that the pivot table is too large for the old format. But if I create the pivot table in Excel 2003, with same data source, I don't get any message and the pivot table is generated. Something seems to be wrong with 2007. Are there any solutions to this? ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

How to hide Save, Save & Close button
Hi, I have created a custom entity and create a IFRAME. This IFRAME has its own save button and I am not using CRM traditional save button because of some specific requirement while saving that can only be achieve in C# coding. My problem is how to hide SAVE, SAVE and Close buttons. If I remove security with Not Write/Update permission this step hides the buttons but my _service.Create() method throws an exception becuase user don't have permission to create new record. Please help, how could I hide save/save and close or save and new buttons Regards Have a look at this blog: ...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Appendices Struggles in Word 2007
I'm using Word 2007. I'm using the built-in Heading styles to create sections and subsections for display in the TOC. Each section starts with "# Title." For example, the third section displays as "3 Message Formats." The last two sections are Appendices. I don't want them to display as "10 Appendix" and "11 Appendix," just "Appendix A" and "Appendix B." I can do this for the first headings, but I can't get the subsections (2-4 levels below this first headings) to work. I've read through Shau...

Should I change this code?

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

2007 Outlook Creating folder when saving a HTML email with attachm
In Outlook 2007, when you open an email that is in HTML format with an attachment and want to save the email and attachment (specifically to a network drive), you click on File, Save As (not Save Attachments), it creates the email message as a HTML document, but there is no attachment in that document. It also creates a new folder in the same network folder the HTML document is in with the same name. The new folder contains 3 files, colorschememapping, file list which show as XML document and a file themedata which shows as Microsoft Office Theme. Is there any way to change t...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2